• 176 results
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grandma's Boy

I don't know much about superman but i personally think he is WAY overpowered which is why i don't like him. if you look at any battles with him in it he automatically wins especially if were talking SA Supes. no powerhouses in the marvel universe can beat him and hardly anyone in DC can either unless they had kryptonite (which is another reason why i hate him. your insanely strong yet a piece of rock that comes within a 20 ft radius weakens you is a dumb weakness imo). I always wondered why whenever superman faced someone way weaker than he was he didn't just KO him in the beginning and save everyone the trouble (I know they do it for the sake of the story but if they give him that much power than why doesnt he use it?). the only one who i know has killed superman is Doomsday and i don't even know how he managed to do it but i bet it had something to do with kryptonite. Anyways i think they might as well change his name from Superman to Godman seeing as he is SO powerful. 

What do you think of superman? o and for the fanboys out there please tell me who (without kryptonite) defeated superman or who you think is capable of defeating him.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

You obviously haven't read any Superman book lately.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

Even though he isn't, I don't understand why the first superhero in comics can't have a lot of powers. I'm surprised he doesn't have more.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

man I'm getting sick of these "I hate Superman" threads

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
@danhimself: Me too
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@Primmaster64 said:
" You obviously haven't read any Superman book lately. "
why did they depower him? like i said the only reason i don't like him is imo he is overpowered. especially when he is in any battle forums, he always ends up winning whether its juggernaut and hulk  or thor or even SS vs superman. The superman fanboys make great arguments and show scans to back them up. i just don't know how he can be beat which is why i don't see the point in him having a comic at least nowadays. but who can beat superman!?

@Sexy Merc said:
" Even though he isn't, I don't understand why the first superhero in comics can't have a lot of powers. I'm surprised he doesn't have more. "
i totally agree with you
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sexy_merc
@Grandma's Boy said:

@Sexy Merc said:

" Even though he isn't, I don't understand why the first superhero in comics can't have a lot of powers. I'm surprised he doesn't have more. "
i totally agree with you "
Why do you agree with me? We both have stances on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grandma's Boy

i wouldn't say i hate him i just don't see the point in having a comic if he can beat so many people with ease

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64
@Grandma's Boy: SA Supes was overpowered...Modern age is not.Read New Krypton and War of the Supermen.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc
@Grandma's Boy said:
" i wouldn't say i hate him i just don't see the point in having a comic if he can beat so many people with ease "
There are people on his own team (J'onn) who have more powers than him. Then there are people on his team who can beat him despite having less powers (Flash).
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Grandma's Boy said:

@Sexy Merc said:

i totally agree with you "
Why do you agree with me? We both have stances on opposite sides of the spectrum. "
not on the part where he isn't overpowered. but i agree on the fact that since he is one of the first superheroes in comics why wouldn't he have a lot of powers if not more than he already has. my thing is why don't they downgrade him a little more so he seems less god like.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NexusOfLight

You sound exactly like every other Superman hater I know. No real reason. Haven't read any story to base him off of. Don't know anything about the character aside from some character stats you've seen online, maybe a few bios you've glanced over. Now if I know the internet well enough, there's gonna be some people coming in here telling you how wrong you are, how you shouldn't judge a character you don't know, and the "have you read a Superman comic" question'll pop up. And if you're truly like every other Superman hater I know, you'll be like "how can anyone like the guy? He's so two dimensional. There's no point to him" yadda yadda. Same game, different players.

Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@Primmaster64: first off i'm not trying to start a hate thread, this is more of a informative thread. i was under the assumption that he was still this godlike being that no one could beat. but i will look at those comics.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Thor's hammmer

even modern age superman moved a world thats overpowered in my books there should never be any need to move a planet a large asteroid maybe, but ot a whole planet
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@Thor's hammmer said:
" even modern age superman moved a world thats overpowered in my books there should never be any need to move a planet a large asteroid maybe, but ot a whole planet "
ok now thats overpowered
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grandma's Boy

anyone who disagrees with me please show some proof that he isn't or where he is getting his butt kicked..

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No sir this man is over powered
 No sir this man is over powered
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sexy_merc

Where is BatDance/ TruPwnage or any of his other alternate accounts when you actually need him?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself
@Grandma's Boy said:
" anyone who disagrees with me please show some proof that he isn't or where he is getting his butt kicked.. "
Here you go.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@danhimself: 

hmmm a kryptonian monster who evolves to been unkillable by the same thing twice deshgined to kill kryptonians killing a kryptonian and dying in the process that doesn't prove he's not overpowered especially since that same monster has completely owned darkseid
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Night Thrasher

I disagree to a point with you. For one, Superman is overpowered for Earth. If you took Superman away from Earth, he's just an average superhero. Compared to the likes of Silver Surfer and the New Gods, Superman is chump change. Also, outside of our solar system 75% of the universe is red dwarf solar systems. That makes him an average human, no super powers, just normal. Second, Superman isn't even close to Zoom or Storm when it comes to fanboys. I think Superman is probably on par with Thor in terms of actual power. In terms of fanboys he's probably 10x stronger than Thor or Surfer. Zoom is probably the only other character with more rabid fans. The only reason for this is that the typical fanboy uses the speed blitz method as their go to method for winning a battle. Even though Supes can't really speed blitz half of the contestants he's up against in the forums, fanboys love this argument. In terms of actual power, Superman is middle of the pack. In terms of forum fanboys, Supes is top 3.

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By OldIdiotAccount
@Grandma's Boy said:
" I don't know much about superman but i personally think he is WAY overpowered which is why i don't like him. if you look at any battles with him in it he automatically wins especially if were talking SA Supes. no powerhouses in the marvel universe can beat him and hardly anyone in DC can either unless they had kryptonite (which is another reason why i hate him. your insanely strong yet a piece of rock that comes within a 20 ft radius weakens you is a dumb weakness imo). I always wondered why whenever superman faced someone way weaker than he was he didn't just KO him in the beginning and save everyone the trouble (I know they do it for the sake of the story but if they give him that much power than why doesnt he use it?). the only one who i know has killed superman is Doomsday and i don't even know how he managed to do it but i bet it had something to do with kryptonite. Anyways i think they might as well change his name from Superman to Godman seeing as he is SO powerful.  What do you think of superman? o and for the fanboys out there please tell me who (without kryptonite) defeated superman or who you think is capable of defeating him. "
TOAA.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Primmaster64

No Caption Provided

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CylonDorado

I like the idea of Earth having a couple powerhouses. Heck, without Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter (depending on if he's alive or not), and a few GLs, Earth would be at the mercy of dudes like Lobo.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

Another one of these threads... uh.. Doomsday killing him had absolutely NOTHING to do with kryptonite at all. Go read a few Superman comics from the modern age first. Then we'll talk.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Primmaster64

Like I said War of the supermen.

Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@MrDirector786: so he beat superman with raw strenght? thats amazing! but come on moving an entire planet?i dont thor or sentry or even wonder woman can do that
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@Primmaster64: i went to my comic shop but they dont have it..next time i go to san diego ill see if i can find it
JesterKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JesterKing
@danhimself said:
" @Grandma's Boy said:
" anyone who disagrees with me please show some proof that he isn't or where he is getting his butt kicked.. "
Here you go. "
I lol'd when i got to that.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@danhimself said:

" man I'm getting sick of these "I hate Superman" threads "

That's because they're written by people who a) haven't read a Superman issue in 40 years, b) are Marvel fanboys, or c) are just plain ignorant. 

Superman isn't overpowered.

People who can put the hurt on him: Darkseid, Orion, Brainiac, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Superman Prime, Spectre, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, Mxy, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lanterns, Yellow Lanterns, Black Lanterns, Sapphire Lanterns, Indigo Lanters, Red Lanterns, Blue Lanterns, Orange Lanterns, any magic users, Shazam, Metallo, Batman, Aquaman (if the environment serves him correctly), Parasite, Atlas, Zod, Bizarro, Silver Banshee, Lex Luthor and Intergang (with Kryptonite weaponry, usually), and more. 

But no, I'm sure you're right, he's overpowered. (sarcasm bomb).
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ssejllenrad

Superman being overpowered is subjective depending on your POV. Batman certainly thinks so. That insecure SOB (does anyone have the scan of batman being insecure of Superman's drawing?) Hehehehe. From the cosmic POV, he's not that overpowered. His ability to win comes from his motivation/inspiration/devotion/will. That's the reason he's a hero.

On a side note, which one is more irritating?

"Superman is overpowered.... He can beat anyone... He can kick TOAA's ass that's why he's not cool... What's the point of having a supervillain if he'll get blasted with ease anytime... bla bla bla blah!"
 -rants of an ignorant Superman hater that knows only SA Supes. (I'm not saying the OP is this though, I just hate the haters...) 

ORRRRRRR

"Superman is overrated. Any Marvel top-tier like Thor in base form could beat his arse hands down. He's weak! He's not as strong as people think he is. Sentry (or Goku) will sneeze the life outta him and all of DC. bla bla bla bla blah!"
 -rants of a Superman hater/Marvel (or DBZ) fanboy

Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Grandma's Boy
@ssejllenrad: i agree i do only know about mostly the MARVEL universe but all i know is SA supes...i dont hate him again but i just think the he would be much more appealing if he wasnt so powerful(at least what fanboys say he can do)...i just think if someone is so powerful but only holds back for the sake of the story is lame...but many people on here seem to think he isnt overpowered even though one person posted that he could move an entire world.... like i said plzz post NON DOOMSDAY COMICS where he gets owned...also i plan on picking up war of supermen comics to see what current supes is capable of and is he is truly overpowered
Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Grandma's Boy

just to let everyone know I AM IGNORANT OF SUPERMAN but i am willing to buy a comics showing that he isnt this overpowered being

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Magian

Superman is not overpowered. If he is overpowered, then Martian Manhunter is a cosmic entity since he can do everything that Superman does and more.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Grandma's Boy:  I want to take this outta context cause I'm a Supes fanboy and I will defend him no matter how illogical I get! Hehehehe! Peace!

To be fair, this has nothing to do with any legitimate win by Batman over Supes... :D Hey you asked for scans... Denotations are yours to give.. :D Kidding. 

I'll look for some scans later on. Try reading The Coming of Atlas . He got pwned there.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Magian
@ssejllenrad:
These scans are from Hush, right?
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't overpowered .

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssejllenrad
@ComicMan24: Yup! Where Batman only survived cause his gamble to use Lois as leverage against the mind-controlled Supes worked... Kudos to you mate, you know your DC... :D
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By InnerVenom123

*Is a Marvel fanboy*

Superman is not overpowered.

(Bet you didn't see that coming, did you? ;P Not all Marvel fanboys hate on DC)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ssejllenrad

Here's Supes being pwned... Real pwning as opposed to my earlier post... Just to show his "non-overpoweredness"- is that a word? hehehehe! 

Don't you shite Superman haters use these scans for a disrespect thread! You rubbish hating SOBs....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Raddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Raddra

There are stronger heroes and villains on Earth in the DCU.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad
@InnerVenom123: Dude you're not a fanboy... You're a faaaaaan! Woooooooo! Fanboys are illogical trolls and you my friend give logical arguments. Heck you even accept defeat by Venom at times. You're like Spidey 15... Logical, thinking, intellectual fans... FANS...  FAAAAAAAAANS  Hehehe! You're too open-minded to be a fanboy. :D

C'mon! You wanna hear from a real fanboy? Brace yourself... Ahem! Ahem! "Byrne's Superman can beat Odin-force Thor!!!" There ya go... :D
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123
@ssejllenrad: Heh. :P True, we are fans. xD We're like fanboys. But smart :D

o_o *reads that second statement again* DID THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN!?!?!?!?!?
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Primmaster64
@Grandma's Boy: Okay
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#45  Edited By Dracade102

Superman Has All those Powers for a Reason, otherwise he'd just be: 

"UNIQUE MAN:The Man Last Tuesday!! The World's Averagest Mortal!! The Man of Flesh!!"  
Who's Powers Include a 3rd level inteligence, Average Strength, Some-what interesting Sense of Fashion!!!
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Dracade102 said:
"

Superman Has All those Powers for a Reason, otherwise he'd just be: 

"UNIQUE MAN:The Man Last Tuesday!! The World's Averagest Mortal!! The Man of Flesh!!"  
Who's Powers Include a 3rd level inteligence, Average Strength, Some-what interesting Sense of Fashion!!!
"
Don't forget his 20/20 vision and fresh breath! But he's still super... with his super etiquette! :D
Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Telcalipoca
@danhimself said:
" @Grandma's Boy said:
Here you go. "
 f ing supes  fighting that monster all over the US causing massive property damage acrross the continental USA and only once the threat reaches HIS city does he go all out.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Crom-Cruach

no.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By Superguy1591
@Grandma's Boy: Well, that's because Sentry is a puss compared to Superman. And I could've sworn that Superman moved Earth with the help of Martian and WW...
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By tensor

lobo 
doomsday
martian manhunter
darksied
despero