#101 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to play a great Superman game.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
#102 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: Quite true. Given what Superman's capable of, I could see the game having graphics that aren't on par with Arkham Knight for the purpose of holding a framerate with the intense action that should occur. I'd love to see this kind of thing done.

#104 Posted by Uk2897 (129 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by humphreytt (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with everything you said but I would much rather they make a Justice League game.

No Caption Provided

Agreed.

#106 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@humphreytt: I agree as well. I also have ideas towards a JL game, but I refuse to give away such secrets. Haha. I think it'd be awesome if Rocksteady/other WB studios began doing their best to make good Justice League character games that eventually lead up to an actual JL game. Basically doing what Marvel did with their films but in the video game industry.

#108 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

boomp

#109 Posted by humphreytt (718 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an idea... pretty crazy but hear me out ok. So... Skyrim... but... Superman. Billion dollar idea right there.

#110 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@humphreytt: Meh, you could probably do that with mods. Haha

#111 Posted by humphreytt (718 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope for a Superman cameo at some point in Arkham Knight. Batman had awful games before the series, and Superman has had bad games as well. Hopefully Rocksteady can end this ongoing curse. Superman hasn't had his own game since 2006.

#115 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Arkham Knight Easter Eggs! Bump!

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#116 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercinwithamouth: Sounds awesome and I hope a game like that gets made. Also Id want to have a Composite Superman skin and maybe an Action Comics #1 skin as well.

#117 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darkdetective27
#118 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkdetective27: I'd love an Arkham series Batman cameo. Seeing him as Bruce Wayne could be interesting, but I'd love to see him as Batman as well. Eh, why not both? :D

#120 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

If Superman shows up in any of the Arkham DLC, that will definitely confirm they're doing a Superman game at some point.

#124 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I could see Montreal teasing him in some way with the last bit of DLC for Arkham Knight if their rumored plans are true.

#125 Edited by zaied (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercinwithamouth: Wouldn't surprise me. They straight up showed Starro in the Batgirl DLC. Starro may be a bit overkill for a Superman game, but I think it's a good sign they at least have plans for something.

#126 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaied: Such a neat Easter Egg. Eerie music when you're there too. Spooky stuff.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
#127 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (832 posts) - - Show Bio

It does sound as if WB Montreal is taking a crack at a game featuring Superman, likely even starring him (as opposed to a generic Justice League game). Here's how I'd want them to go:

Titled "Superman: Sunrise" would be heavily inspired by the first several issues of Grant Morrison's Action Comics, including the jeans and t-shirt costume as the initial skin. It would depict Clark at the absolute beginning of his career as Superman, with his powers still in their infancy. He would not even have the ability to fly, at the very least initially. Superman would grow more powerful throughout the course of the game, unlocking new powers as the plot demands and upgrading them through optional side missions (a la Arkham Knight), due to a narrative conceit somehow related to the machinations of the main antagonist (possibly involving solar flares or some other iconic trope).

Once Superman does gain flight, he would be limited to Metropolis by the presence of a force-field erected by Braniac, who is attempting to bottle the city. Additionally, Brainiac's many robotic bodies would give Superman plenty of enemies he could unleash his full power upon without technically killing.

Instead of Riddler Trophies, Superman's most prominent recurring foe (though not himself the main adversary) would be Mxyzptlk. Encounters with the 5th Dimensional imp would replicate the mechanics of classic arcade games such as Asteroids, Centipede, Mario Bros, Missile Command, Pitfall, and others, each with a different art style inspired by classic comics artists.

No Caption Provided

#128 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read the whole thing but I agree with the voice choice, George newborn hands down. Though because of the picture you posted on how supes shuld look I think supes would have to look older in order to match the voice.

#129 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@rideaspacecowboy: Yeah, I've wanted Mxyzptlk replacing Riddler's role for this game for a long time and actually meant to put it into the OP. I was planning on adding that and changing the story synopsis to something I theorized they could be doing given their rumored concept art.

No Caption Provided

From this picture, I've theorized that this could happen: Doomsday is under "Mind Control" due to Brainiac and is sent to Metropolis. A fraction of civilians leave because of the raging beast. Characters who are not easily intimidated stay, such as Lex and Lois, among others. Villains stay for the same reason, along with the fact that they see it as an opportunity to run rampant thanks to the mass hysteria. Superman is lured to the city to fight the destructive monster. During the fight, Brainiac bottles the city and brings it aboard his ship. As Superman, you are injured from your intense battle with Doomsday and are in need of solar recharge but have to find other ways of doing so, all while attempting to stop the super-powered criminals from destroying your beloved city.

That's how much I've gotten on "paper" for the theory so far, I do have more ideas towards it but haven't gotten around to copying them down. Pretty interesting in my opinion. This article is a bit old and I'll be revisiting it to finalize it given I've recently had time freed up to do so.

#130 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@rideaspacecowboy: I'd rather have some flashbacks to something like the Morrison run for tutorials.

#131 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Haven't read the whole thing but I agree with the voice choice, George newborn hands down. Though because of the picture you posted on how supes shuld look I think supes would have to look older in order to match the voice.

I'd second that based on my view that Newbern has the superior Superman voice acting but Daly was better at voicing Clark Kent than Newbern IMO. A tough call if you want to include Clark Kent investigative side missions into the game as well. What the heck, Newbern would probably be more willing to voice Superman considering how he did so for Injustice Gods Among Us and he was solid in that game too.

#132 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: yeah newborn is a great superman but if you had him or daily for that matter voice a young supes it would sound off. For a young superman I would cast the actor who voiced him in unbound

#133 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: That would be Matt Bomer I believe based on Wikipedia's entry. He's only 37 compared to Daly and Newbern being later in their years, that would make sense for casting a younger Superman. I certainly don't want the guy who voices Superman in JL War and Throne of Atlantis, he makes Superman sound like a jerk and a douchebag.

#134 Edited by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I prefer him mostly due to how iconic he is to voicing Superman and the emotion he can convey, as in the video I linked where he says "Happy?! Do you know what I've lost?!"

Chills.

#135 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercinwithamouth: Good point, you can feel the intensity and anger in Newbern's delivery when he says those lines. Definitely one of my favourite Newbern moments. Plus he can sound inspirational, uplifting and even humourously sarcastic too based on his performance in Superman vs The Elite. Newbern's probably the better choice considering he's done voice work for video games before.

#136 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: yeah that's the guy, his age doesn't really matter he sounds younger than newborn daily so have him for Young supes and one of the other two as older supes.

#138 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I could see that happening, Bomer did do a decent job of his Superman voice, though he still sounded like an experienced Superman at the time, not the young inexperienced Superman your example entails. Still, he did sound younger than the staple Newbern or Daly who would be associated with a Superman in his career's prime based on their performances.

#139 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: he doesn't have to be young and inexperienced he can still be young and have some years of experience. You get my point anyway.

#140 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I do, it's a sound idea come to think of it.

#141 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: yeah it is hopefully WB can make a stellar superman game assuming that the rumours are true

#142 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I wish more information towards it would come to light. Need my fix and it's been a something like a little more than 2 weeks. Haha

#143 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercinwithamouth: I'm going to wait until I hear something official from the developers about this game so I don't get my hopes up

#144 Posted by nightwing817 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think there's a chance of a surprise announcement at Gamescom?

#145 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing817: Never know. I honestly wouldn't count on it considering I'm pretty sure they want to try and keep Arkham Knight as relevant as they can. If anything I'd imagine they'd wait till they're done with the DLC, but again, you never know. :)

#146 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: I really should do the same, but I don't know that I can. Haha

It's becoming habit for me to check around my common sources to find anything. Lately? Nothing more than a 4 second video claiming to be pre-alpha test footage on YouTube. Has a modded Arkham Origins skin that resembles Superman with a edited Watch Dogs backdrop, making it look like metropolis. Fake, but still charming.

#147 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing817: I doubt it, the most conclusive proof thus far has been concept art, indicating WB Montreal are only in the designing stage at most if they are working on a Superman game. They'd wait longer till they had beta or alpha stage gameplay footage before revealing the news. At best all we have is speculation and the Internet to guess about this supposed Superman game.

#148 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: True, the conceptual works seemed to be dated late Feburuary/March. I don't see them getting much done within that time. I wouldn't honestly expect any reveals or teases till they get towards the very end of their DLC work, or till next E3.

#149 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercinwithamouth: And considering how there's still a few more months of Arkham Knight DLC, that's still a way to go before we get any better news.

#150 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Pray to Rao. Haha

It's fake but just for looks -

Loading Video...