Superman and Action Comics Rebirth Discussion Thread

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The Timeless sound like a cool concept but the "give Superman a chance to save Krypton" story has been done plenty of times.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ZariusII

@lvenger said:

The Timeless sound like a cool concept but the "give Superman a chance to save Krypton" story has been done plenty of times.

Yeah, I was mainly bringing it up because "Rebirth" era Krypton is badly in need of highlighting and it might provide some clues to Superman Reborn (not expecting it to, but you never know)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
@lvenger said:

Yeah, I was mainly bringing it up because "Rebirth" era Krypton is badly in need of highlighting and it might provide some clues to Superman Reborn (not expecting it to, but you never know)

You think Krypton's backstory will be getting retconned?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ZariusII

It's possible, Eradicator already got slightly retweeked

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

But wasn't that the purpose of N52 Superman at least with his inception? To return him to the golden age grass roots and then springboard him from there? Evidently, it did'nt work at an alarmingly quicker pace than it took the decades of storytelling for PF Supes to "no longer work" without Jon and just being married to Lois. I agree that Jon is the shot in the arm needed of course.

It's two different things. We moved on from the Golden Age. The character didn't stay static. Morrison felt that was the best platform for his newer interpretation to start from, so he referenced it. It's a call-back. There's nothing wrong with that.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Eto

I'm more excited for Superman Multiplicity and Reborn than Batman...

What the...

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not reading Justice League. Are the Timeless going to give Superman the choice to save a Krypton that isn't his or can they somehow affect the Pre-Flashpoint timeline (I'm assuming Rebirth Superman is Pre-Flashpoint and not just tricked into thinking he is)?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read Superman#13...felt bad for Frankenstien at the end with his ex-bride rejecting him, though it led a nice family moment for Lois and Clark.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in Justice League #11 Superman was dealing with a Phantom Zone breakout related to the main plot off panel. Am I the only one who would have preferred to see Rebirth Superman dealing with Xa-Du, Non, Mongul, Faora and Zod?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The recent issue of Superman was surprisingly powerful.

@lvenger said:

So in Justice League #11 Superman was dealing with a Phantom Zone breakout related to the main plot off panel. Am I the only one who would have preferred to see Rebirth Superman dealing with Xa-Du, Non, Mongul, Faora and Zod?

Yes Xa-Du is one of the few highlights of the New-52 era, though I dropped JL weeks ago.

@eto said:

I'm more excited for Superman Multiplicity and Reborn than Batman...

What the...

Reborn already kicks the crap out of Night of Monster Men.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: A story with Frankenstein and his bride powerful? Interesting, kind of glad I haven't spoiled myself before getting my copy. Also yeah Reborn is already sounding much better than Night of the Monster Men and I am Suicide lol.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zariusii said:

Just read Superman#13...felt bad for Frankenstien at the end with his ex-bride rejecting him, though it led a nice family moment for Lois and Clark.

I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

GIVE ME MULTIPLICITY ALREADY! Seriously I can't wait.

Also the Superman in the background of the connecting covers seems to wear the classic costume. Are the trunks back? :D

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ZariusII

Reading Action Comics today...the backstory from the "Secret Origins" mini-series is still canon for PF-Clark, as he recalls first meeting Lex in Smallville. Also Jon and Kathy have made quite a mess of the kitchen back at the farm while Lois is working late in Metropolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expected a good fight. Godslayers backstory is tragic and it shows the cruelty of Darkseid again. The lady, Ch'aar did something to Supes at the end. That would be the reason why he suddenly changed his opinion on Lex.

What are your thoughts on the JL vs SS #2? Supes ended up KO'ed quite easily. He is the only one who couldn't capture or come close to beat a SS member. Of course he was holding back, but he could have done better imo.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ZariusII

@mightykalel: Maybe if CW has another Flash/Supergirl crossover, they can have Caitlin take out the current tv version of Superman

Also, did anyone pick up the latest issue of Detective Comics? Mr. Oz appears at the end and we learn of another of his prisoners...a mysterious being made of blue electrical energy. Tim Drake (currently one of Oz's prisoners) appears to recognise it and deems it "impossible"

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expected a good fight. Godslayers backstory is tragic and it shows the cruelty of Darkseid again. The lady, Ch'aar did something to Supes at the end. That would be the reason why he suddenly changed his opinion on Lex.

What are your thoughts on the JL vs SS #2? Supes ended up KO'ed quite easily. He is the only one who couldn't capture or come close to beat a SS member. Of course he was holding back, but he could have done better imo.

That was the most retarded moment that I ve read in a comic book. Pure WIS/PIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Yeah, I read DC 947. Robin broke out his prison only to get locked again. I am really excited to see how the Oz mystery turns out. Who would be that being Tim saw there? Any guess?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: Oh don't tell me Superman ended up getting beaten FFS, great, more ammo for Superman lowballers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@costy21 said:
@mightykalel said:

That was the most retarded moment that I ve read in a comic book. Pure WIS/PIS

Yes, Superman had nothing to do there. It seems Enchantress one shot KO'd Superman and then he got his life energy sucked out by Frost.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I am not lowballing at all. Superman was the only JL member who was KO'd against SS. I know his weakness was exploited there and he was holding back a lot. He was trying to talk to Enchantress. He could have done better, that is my whole point. I don't think it as an ammo for Supes haters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: I didn't say you were mate, I was expressing annoyance that this would be used by Superman lowballers to make Superman seem weaker than he is. It does seem he was holding back a lot and Enchantress used one of the things Superman was weak to. Damn he should have done better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I thought you said I am lowballing, sorry pal. His holding back was taken to an another level. I still cannot digest what happened there. Yeah, he should have done better.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: And then Killer Frost sucked up his life force and incapped the entire League. What a stupid plot device.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Exactly. How did she even do that? I first thought she would fight the league using her powers +Superman's powers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: That would have been cool. But no we get some random insta freeze nonsense instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, this was dumb...

Avatar image for redwhiteandbluesupes
RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: yeah I noticed that too, the overlaying image of Superman on the second cover seems to be a call back to early post-crisis, I can't wait to find out what Mr oz is up to

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Eto

Didn't Marvel already do this "I can predict the future thing". Anyways, next arc will be about the mysterious Clark, now that I'm looking forward to!

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

Didn't Marvel already do this "I can predict the future thing".

Yeah, but they didn't do it well

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ It's almost like Johns is trying to intentionally pi$$ off Alan Moore with this announcement. But there's no connection to Superman in that BC article.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why won't he stop jobbing every-time he's in someone else's issue?

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why won't he stop jobbing every-time he's in someone else's issue?

Cuz DC is DC. F**k that

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Exactly this has nothing to do with Supes?!

Anyways, not sure how to feel about this. Johns is a great writer, but Watchmen ooh we shall see.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

^ It's almost like Johns is trying to intentionally pi$$ off Alan Moore with this announcement. But there's no connection to Superman in that BC article.

@eto said:

Anyways, not sure how to feel about this. Johns is a great writer, but Watchmen ooh we shall see.

Manhattan is said to be responsible for pretty much a whole lot of what's going on in Rebirth, so it affects every book dealing with it, thus it's relevant to what goes on in Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: There's no specific mention of Superman in that article, that's what I meant.

@zariusii said:
@lvenger said:

@eto said:

Manhattan is said to be responsible for pretty much a whole lot of what's going on in Rebirth, so it affects every book dealing with it, thus it's relevant to what goes on in Superman.

Possibly but it might still be possible that Mr Oz is responsible for the New 52 Superman and New 52 Lois Lane when the Pre 52 versions were taken during Convergence.

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Possibly but it might still be possible that Mr Oz is responsible for the New 52 Superman and New 52 Lois Lane when the Pre 52 versions were taken during Convergence. Methinks it's pretty likely,also new52 superboy,n52 Bart Allen, could use a good retconning as well.

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr.Oz seems to have a greater connection to Superman, so I'm curious about the connection between Mr Oz and Manhattan.

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: hell yes to new JSA comic, and personally I know a lot of fans want the Holy Grail watchmen untouched but personally I would totally read new Watchmen comics, I'm really looking forward to seeing the restoration of the DCU proper

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Lvenger
Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its time I bought my first superman comic for nearly 3 years! Last time I bought Superman was issue 25-30 of Action Comics during Pak's first run and Unchained. This looks good!

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reads last page of preview....

Loading Video...

...Yeah, all kidding aside, anyone feel like this is DC really ripping off Spider-Verse wholesale?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza1969: Awesome. Definitely pick up Superman. It's phenomenal

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: nah, if anything Marvel ripped off pre-crisis DC, this looks cool and I'm stoked to see the Multiverse, after almost 5 years of terrible New 52 it's great to be able to read some DC again

RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just had a thought, is this the actual Red Son Superman from the ElseWorld Series or some equivalent from the Multiverse? If I remember his costume was different with no M on the boots. Did multiversity establish a Red Son Earth?

Malachi325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for the issue where Superdad gives Jon some combat training. Preferably in Kryptonian martial arts.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwhiteandbluesupes: He's missing the underwear so I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with multiversity though!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiplicity part 1 is great. Can't wait for the rest.