User Lists: 0

Good idea.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think Jon is the only DC kid I like. Punching Damian gave him mad props in my eyes.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I think this is probably a good idea to make a thread for talking about Action Comics and Superman rather than a new thread every week. The Spider-Man and Batman boards have the same thing so we should follow suit.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good idea.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've personally been adoring the Superman book. Tomasi has been doing an absolutely phenomenal job and hopefully he continues this quality throughout his entire run. If so we're in for one of the best Superman runs IMO.

Extremely excited for the Annual this week.

Action has been solid. Continuin off from Jurgens nice work on Lois and Clark. It's nothing mind blowing or spectacular but it's still great and a good secondary title for Superman.

Loving how strong the Superman line is now. Hasn't felt this good since Busiek was on Superman and Johns was on Action.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've personally been adoring the Superman book. Tomasi has been doing an absolutely phenomenal job and hopefully he continues this quality throughout his entire run. If so we're in for one of the best Superman runs IMO.

Action has been solid. Continuin off from Jurgens nice work on Lois and Clark. It's nothing mind blowing or spectacular but it's still great and a good secondary title for Superman.

Loving how strong the Superman line is now. Hasn't felt this good since Busiek was on Superman and Johns was on Action.

Agree with all of this mate, this is a good time for Superman comics and the fandom for once in a while.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Agree with all of this mate, this is a good time for Superman comics and the fandom for once in a while.

Yes 100%. It feels so good. It feels "right" in a way. As well as wholly refreshing. I honestly cannot wait to see what more is in store. I haven't been this giddy about Superman comics in a long long long time. (Excluding anything Morrison Superman related of course aha)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Yes 100%. It feels so good. It feels "right" in a way. As well as wholly refreshing. I honestly cannot wait to see what more is in store. I haven't been this giddy about Superman comics in a long long long time. (Excluding anything Morrison Superman related of course aha)

I know right? Things are finally getting consistent, we don't have to wait ages for the right writer to tell one single issue or story right like in the New 52. Now quality is consistent all the time.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The only thing that worries me about the Annual is the art of Jimenez. He's a great artist and his style fits the Superman universe so well but I don't know if it's because of the inker or the colorist but his interiors are looking off imo.

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been this happy with the Superman line in a very long time. Hope they can keep it going. And blue boots are the best for this suit imo

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZariusII
kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: not really sure how I feel about this. Hopefully "Clark" is evil or something. I don't want another status quo change.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Squalleon

Nice.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 Do you think a spoiler warning in the title would be appropriate? So new users know that will be spoiled of developments.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: I assume the "What Clark is will become more unsettling" bit is about the new Clark Kent, not the Pre Flashpoint Superman? There are already rumours that this Clark will turn out to be evil, my bet is an alternate universe version of Clark Kent from an unspecified universe in the DC multiverse but some rumours have the new Clark as Pre 52 Hank Henshaw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Do the other threads on the other boards have one?

I'm not 100% sure. I do feel like people should expect spoilers jumping into this thread.

Idk I don't feel it's 100% needed but if anyone disagrees I'll put onw in

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon

@lvenger

@kiba

I just read the Superman annual. Great read, and it was'nt stacked with a lot of short stories like the Batman one was, the whole thing was devoted to the Swamp Thing story.

Some interesting moments, we get some concrete answers to some things, but also more mysteries build.

For example

-When Clark touches Holland, his electrical blue energy courses through him, and he begins speaking Kryptonese. Supes advises Holland to travel deep into the roots of the Earth and channel the energy out of him

-After a brief skirmish when Supes freaks out over Holland's wish to merge with him, Clark learns that he has been absorbing more power from the sun than N52 Supes has, and it's created some sort of unnatural imbalance. Holland helps Clark stabilise himself, but only by finally coming to terms with belonging to this world and not the one he had lost...so this annual served the purpose of properly assimilating Clark into the Rebirth era.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The conversation between Superdad and Swampthing makes me remember the conversation between Clark and JorEl in Man of Steel.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@squalleon

@lvenger

@kiba

I just read the Superman annual. Great read, and it was'nt stacked with a lot of short stories like the Batman one was, the whole thing was devoted to the Swamp Thing story.

Some interesting moments, we get some concrete answers to some things, but also more mysteries build.

For example

-When Clark touches Holland, his electrical blue energy courses through him, and he begins speaking Kryptonese. Supes advises Holland to travel deep into the roots of the Earth and channel the energy out of him

-After a brief skirmish when Supes freaks out over Holland's wish to merge with him, Clark learns that he has been absorbing more power from the sun than N52 Supes has, and it's created some sort of unnatural imbalance. Holland helps Clark stabilise himself, but only by finally coming to terms with belonging to this world and not the one he had lost...so this annual served the purpose of properly assimilating Clark into the Rebirth era.

Say what.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did mention something about Nazi Superman an President Superman on newsrama

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That annual was amazing.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zandalf

"After a brief skirmish when Supes freaks out over Holland's wish to merge with him, Clark learns that he has been absorbing more power from the sun than N52 Supes has, and it's created some sort of unnatural imbalance. Holland helps Clark stabilise himself, but only by finally coming to terms with belonging to this world and not the one he had lost"

Yep,that's how it went. However after the Holland's ingestion does Superman absorb less sun light or he has just erased that imbalance somehow?.....somebody should ask this kind of stuff to Tomasi on twitter and above all make him some props about his fantastic annual and run.

(Why the spoiler alert though? isn't this thread made to discuss the latest issues?)

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf said:

"After a brief skirmish when Supes freaks out over Holland's wish to merge with him, Clark learns that he has been absorbing more power from the sun than N52 Supes has, and it's created some sort of unnatural imbalance. Holland helps Clark stabilise himself, but only by finally coming to terms with belonging to this world and not the one he had lost"

Yep,that's how it went. However after the Holland's ingestion does Superman absorb less sun light or he has just erased that imbalance somehow?.....somebody should ask this kind of stuff to Tomasi on twitter and above all make him some props about his fantastic annual and run.

(Why the spoiler alert though? isn't this thread made to discuss the latest issues?)

It was just a precaution in case some hadn't read it yet, but I'll refrain from using the spoiler block next time if you want.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A nice story, great art, but I was a bit disappointed.

We were promised answers, its a bit of a turn off that we got near none.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the new run, but I was disappointed by this annual. The fight was good (but hero vs hero is almost always infuriating), and the "epiphany" part had good art, but that was it. The resolution had no weight to it. Clark wasn't really too hung up on his previous world, he's been building a life on this world for 10 years now, and trying his hardest to make it his home. The "letting go of the past" theme didn't really work because a) it wasn't too big an issue on Clark's characterization, b) it was already being dealt with more satisfactorily elsewhere and c) Clark was over it in, what, 3 pages without undergoing any changes. The latest Nightwing issue had a somewhat similar plot done much better.

Best thing about the issue, besides the art, was showing that Tomasi hasn't forgotten about the Blue Handprint thing. Speaking of which, does anyone know what Swamp Thing was saying when it was speaking Kryptonian?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of which, does anyone know what Swamp Thing was saying when it was speaking Kryptonian?

I saw it translated on 4Chan, it more or less goes "I am Superman, I can do many things, except raise the dead. Farewell Clark, I know you are not coming back, but you are here in spirit"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a nice issue. Loved the action.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ZariusII

@squalleon

@lvenger

Synopsis for "Superman Reborn"

Superman's life isn't what it used to be, and he was living with that. But now the world he has built is crumbling away because of a mysterious foe. Will he be able to rescue the life he knew before it disappears forever?

Dan Jurgens, Peter J. Tomasi, and Patrick Gleason--the creative talent behind ACTION COMICS and SUPERMAN-present the first monumental Superman crossover event following DC Rebirth in SUPERMAN REBORN!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: The solicit is already being advertised for the trade on Amazon? Huh that's surprisingly early. Oh well at least it won't drag on for a crossover event story.

@squalleon It does seem more like a self contained one and done type of story that anyone can just pick up and read. I think that was the main intent over answers about Superman's situation in spite of the solicit. Answers about Superman are probably being saved for Multiplicity and Superman Reborn.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the preview for Superman 12...Lois working two jobs at two separate papers is an interesting way of showcasing her stamina, and I love how she takes action against Frankenstien. Nice to see her getting in on some action in both titles lately.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Annual was pointless story-wise, but was a nice treat none the less.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon does'nt show up in Superman#12 this week, but it does give Lois a chance to shine. She's still making use of the Hellbat technology and gets to ride Frankenstien's hover cycle. There's a twist with the editor of the paper she's rescuing, and Kathy's grandad gets to stick up to the monster too

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder how Frankenstein and his wife are going to last 2 issues against Superman without the black shadow amp or whatever from Truth.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fugitive monsters running newspapers, farmers shooting Frankenstein and implying they've faced monsters before, weird trippy swamp with neon pink eyed animal shaped rocks...

I love this town.

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i am appreciating everything Tomasi has done so far his Superman really is weak

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Quinlan58

@zandalf: You mean that as in "His Superman work is not as good as his other work" or as in "His Superman is a jobber"?

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zandalf: You mean that as in "His Superman work is not as good as his other work" or as in "His Superman is a jobber"?

the second one. Frankestein could hit and considerably slow him down with a tractor.....it is the same of stopping a t-rex with a pillow but it worked

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fugitive monsters running newspapers, farmers shooting Frankenstein and implying they've faced monsters before, weird trippy swamp with neon pink eyed animal shaped rocks...

I love this town.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Superman need breathing apparatus to go underwater before? Recent Aquaman issue has Superman wearing it along with Batman, WW, Flash and Vic.

Superman Unchained

No Caption Provided

Aquaman Rebirth #12

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This week's Superman was so fun. I am amazed of how well Tomasi and Gleason are managing to writer Superman and Lois and almost every single character that appears actually.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: the apparatus probably is for Superman to be able to talk underwater.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: the apparatus probably is for Superman to be able to talk underwater.

Couldn't Superman talk without it in Atlantis? Any other instances before?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: only with telepathy. But no Superman never talkrd underwater.

Rebirth Superman has been in space so he doesnt need to breath.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightykalel: only with telepathy. But no Superman never talkrd underwater.

Rebirth Superman has been in space so he doesnt need to breath.

Ok fine. Yes, he has been in space. Underwater [Trinity #1] too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent issue of Action Comics today...though I felt it was too decompressed and devoted entirely to talking and Godslayer backstroy. Clark is barely in it, though we find out something about the pods in the Geneticron building as Supes uncovers a means to travel to Lex's location.

I know nobody really reads New Superman (as evident by the fact it's dropped out of the top 100) but I've been enjoying it enormously also and it finally finished it's first story arc, which had a decent, if slightly cliched cliffhanger.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Is Kenan a decent character? I heard he's kind of a prick