• 97 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#1 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

As probably some of you have seen in Batman #36, Superman was once again, treated like trash. It's very sad to see how DC is using Superman as Batman's punch bag. It's own flagship! Anyway I was thinking, do you think it would be better if DC handed Superman to Marvel? I know it will never happen, but at least Marvel could do him justice.

(and now I am waiting to be banned for life)

Avatar image for metaljimmor
#2 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I am almost positive if he was transfered over to Marvel we'd just get stories of him getting outmaneuvered by Wolverine because he "isn't skilled enough" to use his superspeed effectively and getting cut by Wolverine's claws.

Or Superman losing in a fist fight to Red Hulk. Or Superman getting punked by Ironman using kryptonite repulsor rays. Or Superman getting K.O.ed by Cap's shield to the head.

More popular characters will always beat less popular characters. Both Marvel and DC have writers who write some pretty bad moments of PIS to make a less powerful character look good.

Avatar image for sanohibiki
#3 Posted by SanoHibiki (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? Not really.

To hand Superman over to Marvel means hand much of Superman’s supporting characters. DC will be really empty without them.

And there is no guarantee that Marvel’s treatment of Superman will be any better. They already have their own accomplished universe; where are they supposed to fit sudden influx of Kryptonians?

P.S. There were several similar threads over years imo :)

Avatar image for outside_85
#4 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel cant ever figure out what to do with their own Superman wannabee's to keep them interesting.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#5 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Haha, that's weird. Every time there is a Sentry vs Superman debate, everyone keeps saying how Sentry is more interesting and relatable with his B.S. anger issues or how more powerful he is than Superman.

Avatar image for rubear
#6 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh lol. Marvel already has host of his own Sups - Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry, for example.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#7 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? Not really.

To hand Superman over to Marvel means hand much of Superman’s supporting characters. DC will be really empty without them.

And there is no guarantee that Marvel’s treatment of Superman will be any better. They already have their own accomplished universe; where are they supposed to fit sudden influx of Kryptonians?

P.S. There were several similar threads over years imo :)

Yes, I know there were similar threads. It just pisses me off that DC is doing this. It's difficult to be a Superman fan these days.

Avatar image for outside_85
#8 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: Haha, that's weird. Every time there is a Sentry vs Superman debate, everyone keeps saying how Sentry is more interesting and relatable with his B.S. anger issues or how more powerful he is than Superman.

Which evidently wasn't true considering Marvel killed him off and replaced him with Hyperion and leaning a bit more on Blue Marvel.

Avatar image for night4345
#9 Posted by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say no because Marvel would just repeatedly turn him evil so they can have him get beat up by their popular characters but DC does it all the time.

Avatar image for saintwildcard
#10 Posted by SaintWildcard (21710 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Online
Avatar image for sanohibiki
#11 Posted by SanoHibiki (3387 posts) - - Show Bio

@theasteroidfromspace:

It just pisses me off that DC is doing this. It's difficult to be a Superman fan these days.

I’m in one boat with you here, but Marvel just as prone to play favorites as DC. Plus Superman doesn’t have any standing there, so handing him over might be actually much worse than whatever happens to him now.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#12 Edited by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: I guess you are right. Marvel could be just as bad as DC. Although I am pretty sure that Batman won't stay on the top forever. A new generation will come and a new hero will rise.

Avatar image for spawnofgod
#13 Posted by SpawnOfGod (122 posts) - - Show Bio

why are people crying about superman. how is he being treated like crap? batman is using prior prep time and supermans weaknesses to battle him. there is nothing wrong with that.

Avatar image for scouterv
#14 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

As probably some of you have seen in Batman #36, Superman was once again, treated like trash. It's very sad to see how DC is using Superman as Batman's punch bag. It's own flagship! Anyway I was thinking, do you think it would be better if DC handed Superman to Marvel? I know it will never happen, but at least Marvel could do him justice.

(and now I am waiting to be banned for life)

Based on what? How they treat Thor?

why are people crying about superman. how is he being treated like crap? batman is using prior prep time and supermans weaknesses to battle him. there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm getting the vibe is that the reason people are upset is because it happens more often than it should.

@sanohibiki: I guess you are right. Marvel could be just as bad as DC. Although I am pretty sure that Batman won't stay on the top forever. A new generation will come and a new hero will rise.

How long have people been barking up that tree? Even if it's not Bruce, I think we're officially in the Dark (Knight) Age, and will be for a long time going forward.

Avatar image for MadFacedKid
#15 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry about interpretations on someone who's not writing the main title.

Endgame is a Batman story ofcourse it would be about him coming on top.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#16 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@theasteroidfromspace said:

@sanohibiki: I guess you are right. Marvel could be just as bad as DC. Although I am pretty sure that Batman won't stay on the top forever. A new generation will come and a new hero will rise.

How long have people been barking up that tree? Even if it's not Bruce, I think we're officially in the Dark (Knight) Age, and will be for a long time going forward.

As I said above, it won't stay the same. I am sure that Batman will be on the top for a long time, but milking the same thing never ends well. People will eventually change at some point.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#17 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel would make superman a bad guy like his injustice version

Avatar image for endanger
#18 Posted by Endanger (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry about interpretations on someone who's not writing the main title.

Endgame is a Batman story ofcourse it would be about him coming on top.

Superman has been written well in Batman stories before....

And he has beaten him in Batman stories as well.

Avatar image for reactor
#19 Posted by Reactor (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would probably be made into a cosmic character, like Gladiator or Nova. And he'd probably become similar to Majestic.

Avatar image for superguy1591
#20 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
#21 Posted by killerinstinct4588 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry about interpretations on someone who's not writing the main title.

Endgame is a Batman story ofcourse it would be about him coming on top.

We understand it's Batman story, but why must we always use Superman to tell these stories... like honestly isn't they're enough?

Nothing more then Bat-fan service if you ask me!

Avatar image for superguy1591
#22 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerinstinct4588: seriously, they refuse to see that Batman IS NEVER written badly for the sake of Superman in a Superman story, but they keep telling us to accept bad depictions of Superman in Batman stories because that's just how things go.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
#23 Edited by killerinstinct4588 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591 said:

@killerinstinct4588: seriously, they refuse to see that Batman IS NEVER written badly for the sake of Superman in a Superman story, but they keep telling us to accept bad depictions of Superman in Batman stories because that's just how things go.

Trust me I know.

If make you feel better Wonder Woman almost always beat Batman on a regular :)

No Caption Provided

Get him Wondy... probably one of my favorite fights or in this case ass whooping Lol

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
#24 Edited by ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2 (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: name me personality traits they share or power traits they share?

Avatar image for superguy1591
#25 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerinstinct4588: sadly, it doesn't make me feel better. Diana is so far out of Batman's class that this is like an NFL LB beating on a 3 year old.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
#26 Posted by killerinstinct4588 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerinstinct4588: sadly, it doesn't make me feel better. Diana is so far out of Batman's class that this is like an NFL LB beating on a 3 year old.

Lmao that was funny

I'm sorry to say good luck with BVS because Superman will never be the clear winner (win or lose)

This fight will only look good for Batman and bring more hype to how he went toe to toe with Superman.

I think it's funny how people always stated they wanted to see these guys together on the big screen, but what they really meant is how they always wanted to see Batman kick Superman ass in a movie. Lastly I'll bet you a million bucks people will be cheering and hollering every time Batman get a punch and if Superman does something awesome you'll hear crickets.

Not trying to make a joke, but trying to get you prep... because it will be 10x worse being a Superman fan coming march 2016

I'm sure they'll have a lot of who will win or who is better polls for BvS and a lot of people saying ignorant crap about Supes

Avatar image for rubear
#27 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: name me personality traits they share or power traits they share?

Superstrength, superspeed, invulnerability, flight, heat vision (Gladiator and Hyperion), in case of Gladiator ice breath, super hearing, super sight, super smell, Marvel Now Hyperion have Superman-like origin story and much of personality. Sentry? Well, he has S also.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#28 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm..you do realize Batman didn't beat Superman in Batman 35 right?? In fact, Bruce was hoping it wasn't Superman because when "Gods do come down, it's terrifying." In fact, he tried to talk Clark into not fighting. In the panels before he told us he had defenses set up for Vic and Hal..but just hoped it wasn't HIM coming. (Superman). So tell me, in what way was Superman treated badly in Batman 35? Because they made him insane, just like they did to Flash and WW and Aquaman as part of the plot? If anything, I think it made Bruce look afraid of Clark.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#29 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.

Avatar image for viin
#30 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel cant ever figure out what to do with their own Superman wannabee's to keep them interesting.

this.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
#31 Posted by killerinstinct4588 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.

Agreed...

The manwhohaseverything is not seeing the bigger picture and how this is spawning into a bigger problem. Comic book is surely becoming into a popularity contest.

Batman is literally the most overrated character ever created.

Avatar image for black_arrow
#32 Edited by Black_Arrow (10239 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.Kr

Superman was mind controlled by the Joker he didn´t turn bad. Batman has also been possessed and attacked Superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kryptonite man is the one who possessed Batman. And Superman beats him.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#33 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

@theasteroidfromspace said:

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.

Agreed...

The manwhohaseverything is not seeing the bigger picture and how this is spawning into a bigger problem. Comic book is surely becoming into a popularity contest.

Batman is literally the most overrated character ever created.

Well, now we get into definitions of what a "bad guy" is. Superman wasn't a bad guy in TDKR. He simply had a different world view than Batman. Granted, Miller seemed more sympathetic to Batman's view, but it's not like Superman turned into some mass murderer. That whole fight was more about a contest of wills as opposed to "Good vs Evil." I didn't read "Injustice", so no comment on that. Anyhow, as @black_arrow pointed out, the tables have been turned before. But I think you have to realize that "Batman Stops Superman" will usually be the more appealing story, because Batman will have to do something, or devise something to stop Superman. Something to include in the plot and telling of the story. Superman, otoh, doesn't really have to do anything to stop Batman other than show up. (Unless there are mitigating/unusual circumstances). At a convention I was at last year, Brad Ricca (Author of "Superboys"..the Siegel and Shuster Story) said he didn't like when Batman fought Superman because he felt "obligated" to root for Batman. After all, as far as super-heroes go Batman is as close as we get to being "one of us", while Superman will always be "One of them" Hence, Batman finding ways to defeat Superman will always intrigue most of us more than vice-versa. As for the original OP..No. DC should not hand Superman..or anything over to Marvel (or vice-versa)

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#34 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow: Huh, never seen this. Thanks for sharing. And I know Superman was mind-controller by the Joker, I was referring to the elsewhere stories.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#35 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: I have to admit, this was a reasonable and nice response. Well said sir!

I guess you are also right about people rooting for Batman.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
#36 Edited by killerinstinct4588 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything said:

@killerinstinct4588 said:

@theasteroidfromspace said:

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.

Agreed...

The manwhohaseverything is not seeing the bigger picture and how this is spawning into a bigger problem. Comic book is surely becoming into a popularity contest.

Batman is literally the most overrated character ever created.

Well, now we get into definitions of what a "bad guy" is. Superman wasn't a bad guy in TDKR. He simply had a different world view than Batman. Granted, Miller seemed more sympathetic to Batman's view, but it's not like Superman turned into some mass murderer. That whole fight was more about a contest of wills as opposed to "Good vs Evil." I didn't read "Injustice", so no comment on that. Anyhow, as @black_arrow pointed out, the tables have been turned before. But I think you have to realize that "Batman Stops Superman" will usually be the more appealing story, because Batman will have to do something, or devise something to stop Superman. Something to include in the plot and telling of the story. Superman, otoh, doesn't really have to do anything to stop Batman other than show up. (Unless there are mitigating/unusual circumstances). At a convention I was at last year, Brad Ricca (Author of "Superboys"..the Siegel and Shuster Story) said he didn't like when Batman fought Superman because he felt "obligated" to root for Batman. After all, as far as super-heroes go Batman is as close as we get to being "one of us", while Superman will always be "One of them" Hence, Batman finding ways to defeat Superman will always intrigue most of us more than vice-versa. As for the original OP..No. DC should not hand Superman..or anything over to Marvel (or vice-versa)

I don't care if Batman human... I'll still prefer the alien over Bruce Wayne. Also it's just getting old really fast no matter how many ways you want to cut it.

Society now days is good on make complex bullshnift on a reason why to like a character and try to pass it off like it's the gospel truth or something, but everything you say is subjective. So you and the minority can stick to your code of he relatable bullshnift.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#37 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerinstinct4588 said:

@manwhohaseverything said:

@killerinstinct4588 said:

@theasteroidfromspace said:

@manwhohaseverything: Okay let me ask you this, how come Batman never being written as a bad guy? Have you seen a Superman story where Batman turned bad and Superman had to stop him? Maybe you have, but so far I haven't. The thing is, in elsewhere stories they always make Superman into a bad guy(Dark Knight Returns and Injustice just to name a few). DC is literally riding on Batman's dick right now.

Agreed...

The manwhohaseverything is not seeing the bigger picture and how this is spawning into a bigger problem. Comic book is surely becoming into a popularity contest.

Batman is literally the most overrated character ever created.

Well, now we get into definitions of what a "bad guy" is. Superman wasn't a bad guy in TDKR. He simply had a different world view than Batman. Granted, Miller seemed more sympathetic to Batman's view, but it's not like Superman turned into some mass murderer. That whole fight was more about a contest of wills as opposed to "Good vs Evil." I didn't read "Injustice", so no comment on that. Anyhow, as @black_arrow pointed out, the tables have been turned before. But I think you have to realize that "Batman Stops Superman" will usually be the more appealing story, because Batman will have to do something, or devise something to stop Superman. Something to include in the plot and telling of the story. Superman, otoh, doesn't really have to do anything to stop Batman other than show up. (Unless there are mitigating/unusual circumstances). At a convention I was at last year, Brad Ricca (Author of "Superboys"..the Siegel and Shuster Story) said he didn't like when Batman fought Superman because he felt "obligated" to root for Batman. After all, as far as super-heroes go Batman is as close as we get to being "one of us", while Superman will always be "One of them" Hence, Batman finding ways to defeat Superman will always intrigue most of us more than vice-versa. As for the original OP..No. DC should not hand Superman..or anything over to Marvel (or vice-versa)

I don't care if Batman human... I'll still prefer the alien over Bruce Wayne. Also it's just getting old really fast no matter how many ways you want to cut it.

Society now days is good on make complex bullshnift on a reason why to like a character and try to pass it off like it's the gospel truth or something, but everything you say is subjective. So you and the minority can stick to your code of he relatable bullshnift.

With all due respect, I think you missed the point of what I'm saying. I'm saying that from a story perspective, coming up with a "Superman beats Batman" story doesn't require any writing skills. Superman shows up, blast Batman with his heat vison and the story is over. I love both characters, I'm always on Superman's side in the "who would win in a fight argument" but that's not really a story. I don't know how "old" it's getting. In cannon stories, I can't think of a single time Batman beat Superman (TDKR is non-cannon. I'm pretty sure Injustice is also, though I don't know.) Some like to say "Hush", but in that story, all Batman did was find a way to run away from Superman. Now, if you're talking all stories, cannon or not, you may have a point. But let's see what actually happens in this Batman vs Superman fight before we go ballistic. Batman, as of the end of issue 35, has not beaten Superman. In fact, all he's done is try and avoid the fight. So let's not say "Batman wins" until/if he actually wins.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#38 Posted by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for squalleon
#39 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel cant ever figure out what to do with their own Superman wannabee's to keep them interesting.

Short,simple and true.

Avatar image for muyjingo
#40 Edited by MuyJingo (2862 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wasn't treated like trash. He had his weaknesses exploited, get over it. Everybody.

@black_arrow: He wasn't mind controlled.

Avatar image for kidchipotle
#41 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

OP on da big drugz

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#42 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything..I think Marvel should hand DC the FF. (And I don't thick they should) I think DC cares more about Superman than Marvel does the FF. WE can debate whether for not DC has too much "Bat-love" but it seems to me Marvel doesn't care about the FF at all.

Avatar image for solidwall211
#43 Posted by SolidWall211 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

DC giving Superman to Marvel will lead to the doom of Superman. Marvel treats there top tier heroes like crap. I also disagree with Batman being overrated, and I never recall reading anything about Batman handling Superman in any canon story.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
#44 Edited by TheAsteroidFromSpace (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@solidwall211: Well, I don't know. Batman is kind of overrated...

Avatar image for solidwall211
#45 Posted by SolidWall211 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@theasteroidfromspace: This is the reason why I disagree that Batman is overrated.

Batman being who he is isn't the necessarily reason why people love him. His whole rouge gallery, and how these characters are being written to challenge him mentally, and physically are why people love him. Without Joker, Catwoman, his sidekicks, etc. That would take a large amount of fans away. I'm not saying that Superman, or any other hero lacks an amazing rouge gallery, because they don't. Batman's universe as a whole is the main money maker for DC. That honestly has to be the reason why people hate Batman as a character. Writers just don't have as big of a success in revenue when it comes to other DC characters. I really don't see any overrating on that.

Avatar image for black_arrow
#46 Posted by Black_Arrow (10239 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

Superman wasn't treated like trash. He had his weaknesses exploited, get over it. Everybody.

@black_arrow: He wasn't mind controlled.

Well poisoned, manipulated by the joker toxin.

Avatar image for helicoprion
#47 Edited by Helicoprion (3557 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel would treat this outsider like garbage. no offense. besides they already got Hyperion and Gladiator

Avatar image for saint_sophie
#48 Edited by Saint_Sophie (7263 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rdclip
#49 Posted by RDClip (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when your first grade teacher told you, "There aren't any stupid questions." Well, the topic title has proven her wrong.

Avatar image for metaljimmor
#50 Edited by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@solidwall211:

I'm fairly sure people's issue with Batman stems from how other characters are portrayed when around Batman. Everyone becomes less intelligent than they are in their solo titles so Batman can step up and be the brains. Everyone's fighting ability diminishes so he can be the best fighter in the room. Then you have moments like the current Batman story where Batman is taking out the ENTIRE Justice League on his own. Somehow surviving having his face shoved through pavement by Wonder Woman before trapping her in an illusion, then going on to casually take down Aquaman with freaking bubble gum.

I feel really bad for people who are fans of other street level characters. Batman gets to be the best detective, best tactician, best engineer, best psychologist, and best martial artist in the world all at once. It really doesn't leave a lot of room for Green Arrow to excel. All he has is best archer, and even then I've seen people argue that Batman and Nightwing are more accurate with their throwing weapons and he is with his arrows. What even is the point of the Question? Batman beats him in his own specialty while simultaneously being an expert in a dozen other fields.

I really like Batman because I enjoy the detective angle and I love seeing him solve crimes and interact with his villains. But sometimes it feels like he should just be left in his own universe so he can focus on his crime thriller stories and stop bringing every other character down a few notches so he can look good by comparison.