• 96 results
PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By PowerWoman

@hewhosees: Is OK,and in fact i agree thor and BRB was equal to power and they are can share feats,

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@hewhosees: BRB has nothing to do with Thor, they do not share feats.

And I dont know anything about factpile, but what bearing does Thanos and the Annihilators v the JLA have to do with Superman vs Thor? A more relevant question would be the Avengers v the JLA, and everyone knows the Justice League would stomp.

The fact that DC is losing and I'm wondering to see what you'd do with that information.

Nothing, as I said, I dont know anything about Factpile. What difference does their users voting one way or another have to do with me? I dont feel there is anything relevant about that battle and this one anyway. Plus, there are some "non-cosmic" level beings on the JLA who are likely to drag them down in such a discussion.

So, you're pretty much admitting that your a biggoted fanboy whose not willing to see feats from the other side and try to find ACTUAL scans that counter it and support your claims? Damn. I thought I could curb your bias into something productive there on factpile. You seem to have that zealous drive man! Perhaps TOO zealous though.

Oh well. I tried to find an ally.

Bigoted because your bias was showing in spades.

Yeah, should have known not to bother talking with you after your whole spiel about people being shallow.

What can I say? Some people can't handle the truth, especially when it's self-deprecating like that.

"Of note, you've posted no scans."

True, but I HAVE posted links to respect threads and the like. Still. You're right. I should have provided more evidence. As proof about how the first two fights they had went down, here's this link:

http://www.comicvine.com/beta-ray-bill/4005-6139/

"Anyway, feats dont apply to characters other than themselves. Its like saying one Baseball players batting average applies to another, as they both play baseball. There may be a similarity in the average amongst a people or race, but the similarities could never be quantified precise enough to say one character is the exact same as another."

Eh...

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I live by the idea one should never get into a battle of wits against somebody who is completely unarmed. And frankly, if you fit in at this "Factpile" website then im guessing I wouldnt enjoy myself too much there, it sounds like a place where pseudo intellectuals go vote for characters theyre fans of.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: There was more bad than KMC...

Strangely, I never had too much of an issue with KMC. They make some of the best respect threads around. However, they dont have a very active user base. Comicvine is the forum ive enjoyed the most.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: 100% agree this,the KMC has best respect threads..but other way..just too bad

the comicvine is best forum

P.S,hey,bro,why you dont agree share feats thing?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Are all humans the same? I mean, we are all nearly genetically identical, but Paul Meeker can bench press 1076 lbs, how many other people can do that (nobody, as he broke the world record).

So, while Supes can bench nearly sextillion tons in a yellow sun, doesnt necessarily mean any other Kryptonian can. The differences between Thor and BRB would be even more significant, as their physiology is completely different.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Its also pretty telling that our friends entire argument relies on Beta Ray Bill feats. He should be able to argue this with Thor's feats alone, if Thor is really similar to Superman in ability.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A total of like 4 people have commented in this thread. To get some varied views going, i'll give mine. I disagree with the results, LOVE the vid.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Eh...but superman just a normal kryptonian,he not stronger than them,all of the kryptonians was same thing,the Paul Meeker is best man on the earth,superman not.he just a normal kryptonian,i think normal man substantially in the same range,unless this man is Hercules

and your point just apply post-crisis or Bronze Age(man stronger than woman)not silver age as well

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I got it,the thor and BRB cant share feats,because they are physiology is completely different.

but superman and other kryptonian is another trouble,they are all was same physiology,unless superman himself is a mutant which doubles his power level

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: Well, we dont have any exact measurements for other Kryptonians. We dont know what is a typical strength gap for their race. We dont know how long term solar radiation exposure changes their physiology. I mean, there are so many variables, I wouldnt feel comfortable saying Kara = Kal = Kryptonian X, Y, or Z.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yes,but there no scan can prove superman is Hercules even on the Krypton,though you point is logic,but there has a little different,like silver age,all of the kryptonians was 100% equal to superman,even a female,and in the Bronze Age,DC creater new idea,kryptonians just like us,man stronger than woman,and superman has more experience than other kryptonians

solar radiation is just post-crisis,however,when superman fight with other krptonians,they are look like not have too much different power level,superman never one shotted a kryptonians,they are always can toe with toe fight superman...

i think that mean they are substantially in the same range,unless DC tell us superman is Hercules of the krypton

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ah, that was fun. I was surprised by how good the effects were. I thought it was awesome they used the Man Of Steel (comic mini-series) origin for Clark's suit. I wish they'd use that in the new Man of Steel film, but i know it won't happen :(

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: I live by the idea one should never get into a battle of wits against somebody who is completely unarmed. And frankly, if you fit in at this "Factpile" website then im guessing I wouldnt enjoy myself too much there, it sounds like a place where pseudo intellectuals go vote for characters theyre fans of.

It's not all bad. It just needs more people willing to out there and find stuff for DC, since Marvel has more than enough people willing to find scans and say stuff. Besides me (sometimes), there's only like, one other person there who would even argue for a DC side there.

Also, take note: I'm not saying that I think 616-Thor would win in a blood-lusted fight. I'm saying that in terms of strength and durability, they're more even than you were thinking.

No Caption Provided

Lift's the Midgard serpent here. Not just lifts mind you, but manages to break it's grip on the world.

He lifts the thing again later on:

http://m388.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength35379.jpg.html

http://m388.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength36379.jpg.html

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: 100% agree this,the KMC has best respect threads..but other way..just too bad

the comicvine is best forum

Factpile though, is the best debating site.

negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@ssejllenrad: Thought it was awesome but it could of been a bit longer plus I groaned at the ending with Supes getting knocked into the sun. Seems like they took that right from Death battle.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Thought it was awesome but it could of been a bit longer plus I groaned at the ending with Supes getting knocked into the sun. Seems like they took that right from Death battle.

Agreed. Why does EVERYONE seem to knock Supes right into the sun?

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: I'm sorry to hear you had so many problems with the video. Its probably tough to see a character you like lose like this whether its fan voted or based on feats.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a Thor vs, Superman thread. (Is that even still debatable?)

Anyways, as someone above stated Thor is good but will never be good enough

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb25 said:

@hewhosees: I'm sorry to hear you had so many problems with the video. Its probably tough to see a character you like lose like this whether its fan voted or based on feats.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a Thor vs, Superman thread. (Is that even still debatable?)

Anyways, as someone above stated Thor is good but will never be good enough

I'm not saying Thor would have won, I'm saying that it would NOT have been a stomp and that, if you're going to say that one would win, then it SHOULD be based on abilities, capabilities, and feats that they've displayed.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees: Factpile cant be that good if you all are still using long debunked feats:

@jashro44 said:

Gonna go ahead and post this here before people bring it up

DECONSTRUCTING THOR'S "MIDGARD SERPENT LIFTING" FEAT

As a number of posters on this site are aware, this particular feat of Thor has oft been used by Thorbags to insinuate that Thor's upperlimit in terms of physical strength is on a planetary scale :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757795-thorliftstheserpent.jpg

However, what Thor did there , and what a number of people on the battle forums have passed it to be , is similar to the assertion that Superman is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand , based on these scans , where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal(mainstream DC) universe . Similar statements regarding the New Gods can be made as well , based on this scaling up phenomenon :

Now , to begin with , the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space , it went into the Void(notice its size in Asgard-space , nowhere near continent , country or even city wide) :

No Caption Provided

Again , here the Serpent is mentioned to be in its ethereal form , in the regular Earth-Space :

No Caption Provided

That's why , as Thor mentions here , he'll have to venture to Asgard to deal with the Serpent there , as it was crushing Earth in normal space :

No Caption Provided

Once there , Thor coerces Hamir the Giant to help him travel by the former's ship to the Void between Earth and Asgard and uses the Hamir's Bull as a bait to fish out the Serpent :

Now that all concerned parties are in the Void , its made (painfully so for the Thorbags) clear that the Serpent is nowhere near continent sized(let alone of planetary proportions) . In fact its of normal monstrous proportions relative to even Thor himself :

In fact it is essentially stated by the narrative here that in the Void , space and time don't operate normally :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757859-voidsspacetimeunnatural.png

Within the context of Thor # 327(in which the above discussed feat takes place) , the Void(like the differently scaled New Gods Dimension that I showed as an analogical reference point in the beginning of my post) between Asgard-space and Earth-space doesn't follow the normal rules of space-time . Hence why despite being big enough to wrap up the whole planet within its coils while in the Void , the Midgard Serpent was still relatively small enough for Thor to use a mouth-fitting bull to fish it off from Earth . This is why the Serpent is , in proportion to Thor , roughly as big as what a Pleistocene era sea monster would be in comparison to a normal man .

To sum up : this feat is far less than what its been made out to be for so many years on the Comicvine Battle Forums . Its not even close to planetary-level strength .

Credit to Hyper_God

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner/721916/?page=20

Everyone here realizes that feat is blown way out of proportion. Im thinking this factpile must just be a fanboy site.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hewhosees:

Factpile cant be that good if you all are still using long debunked feats:

@jashro44 said:

Gonna go ahead and post this here before people bring it up

DECONSTRUCTING THOR'S "MIDGARD SERPENT LIFTING" FEAT

As a number of posters on this site are aware, this particular feat of Thor has oft been used by Thorbags to insinuate that Thor's upperlimit in terms of physical strength is on a planetary scale :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757795-thorliftstheserpent.jpg

However, what Thor did there , and what a number of people on the battle forums have passed it to be , is similar to the assertion that Superman is capable of blowing planets with his heat vision, or holding them in his hand , based on these scans , where he is in the New Gods world, interacting with the normal(mainstream DC) universe . Similar statements regarding the New Gods can be made as well , based on this scaling up phenomenon :

Now , to begin with , the Serpent didn't encoil Earth in normal space , it went into the Void(notice its size in Asgard-space , nowhere near continent , country or even city wide) :

No Caption Provided

Again , here the Serpent is mentioned to be in its ethereal form , in the regular Earth-Space :

No Caption Provided

That's why , as Thor mentions here , he'll have to venture to Asgard to deal with the Serpent there , as it was crushing Earth in normal space :

No Caption Provided

Once there , Thor coerces Hamir the Giant to help him travel by the former's ship to the Void between Earth and Asgard and uses the Hamir's Bull as a bait to fish out the Serpent :

Now that all concerned parties are in the Void , its made (painfully so for the Thorbags) clear that the Serpent is nowhere near continent sized(let alone of planetary proportions) . In fact its of normal monstrous proportions relative to even Thor himself :

In fact it is essentially stated by the narrative here that in the Void , space and time don't operate normally :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2757859-voidsspacetimeunnatural.png

Within the context of Thor # 327(in which the above discussed feat takes place) , the Void(like the differently scaled New Gods Dimension that I showed as an analogical reference point in the beginning of my post) between Asgard-space and Earth-space doesn't follow the normal rules of space-time . Hence why despite being big enough to wrap up the whole planet within its coils while in the Void , the Midgard Serpent was still relatively small enough for Thor to use a mouth-fitting bull to fish it off from Earth . This is why the Serpent is , in proportion to Thor , roughly as big as what a Pleistocene era sea monster would be in comparison to a normal man .

To sum up : this feat is far less than what its been made out to be for so many years on the Comicvine Battle Forums . Its not even close to planetary-level strength .

Credit to Hyper_God

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner/721916/?page=20

Everyone here realizes that feat is blown way out of proportion. Im thinking this factpile must just be a fanboy site.

Isn't this a fanboy site too though? I mean, I've seen the forums here, and they actually seem to be either the same or worse.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deaditegonzo

@hewhosees: Ok, on that point I have have to agree.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HeWhoSees

@hewhosees: Ok, on that point I have have to agree.

Plus, on factpile, at the very least, there's only ONE guy giving out an award and he doesn't do it until everything is sorted out and fairly debated (heck, on the Wheel of Time vs. Sword of Truth debate there, despite like Sword of Truth more, the factpilers offered evidence that Wheel of Time would win, and he gave it to Wheel of Time. Sure, he's still sore about it (even made a youtube video asking people to debate it in the comments there), but, in his heart, he still knows and, at the end of the day, Wheel of Time still has the factpile award in that match.

Heck, despite how things generally go for DC and Marvel related debates there, I don't think ANY of character from either side has actually definitely gotten awards except for Superman in his versus Goku debate. Heck, some of the debates there are years old and STILL haven't gotten definitive awards from the Admin.

Anyways, where's the post for that Midgard Serpent thing so that I can make a link to it? Also, how do I make a link to it? :P

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PowerWoman

@deaditegonzo: Wow,who scan these?he was awesome,but i think thor fans would be hate him,lol

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@deaditegonzo: The Midgard Serpent still weighs as much as the planet.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PowerWoman
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so sick of this argument. Its overdone. Especially since neither side can come to an agreement

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Press Oblivion

wow, there's so much to debate about . . . I liked the production here it was pretty good.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

Prove it.

Simple. Magic. The laws of physics for us are not necessarily the same for Asgardians so it's entirely possible Jormungandr weighed a lot more than what he looked

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

Prove it.

Simple. Magic. The laws of physics for us are not necessarily the same for Asgardians so it's entirely possible Jormungandr weighed a lot more than what he looked

No, show me something that says his weight equals the planet. Prove that. He was also an "ethereal" serpent according to the Marvel Glossary. Thats like saying he was a "ghost snake", his weight could be literally insubstantial.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I agree Superman would win.. But I am tired of the same scenarios.. Superman gets knocked to the sun, his opponent thinks he won, Superman gets amped up from Sun, comes down and wins..

So unoriginal.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@deaditegonzo:

Take the weight of the world's heaviest/longest anaconda, then find out the circumference of the earth, and divide that by the lendth of the anaconda. Then multiply it by that weight.

The Reticulated Python is the longest, the Green Anaconda is the heaviest.

Circumference of the earth is 24,901.55 miles or 40,075.16 km. That's 131,480,184 feet.

The Green Anaconda grows up to 25feet, and weighs 500lbs. The Reticulated Python can grow up to 33feet, but "only" weighs 335lbs.

So...

131,480,184/25 = 5,259,207

131,480,184 /33 = 3,984,248

5,259,207 x 500 =

2 629 603500 LBS =

1 314 801.75 tons

3,984,248 x 335 =

1334723080 LBS =

667 361.54 tons

So, depending on how wide you think Jormungand is(And you better believe he's wider than a green anaconda to go around the world. MUCH wider).

But that's not it; 1 314 801.75 tons is the weight of Jormungandr, if he was only as wide as a green anaconda. So in reality, Jormungandr weighs MUCH more than just 1 314 801.75 tons. MUCH MORE.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: That has no factual basis whatsoever, you cannot prove Jormungandr's density vs an anacondas. Bad argument = bad. Once again, i will point out that the serpent is ETHEREAL. Also, there are times he is shown to be significantly smaller, does his weight go significantly down as his size decreases? If his weight is not specifically stated on page (its not), then stop making up figures and just admit you have no idea how much Jormungandr weighs.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@powerwoman said:

@hewhosees: Girl,please

what the hell "fangirl"?I'm just to express my point of view

Yeah but, the thing is, since you're so OBVIOUSLY biased against one side, your point of view's validity comes into question.

And you're not!? I'm not even Supes' biggest fan and I still know that he would kick Thor's ass (Rune King Thor is a whole other matter entirely though.)

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@hewhosees said:

@powerwoman said:

@hewhosees: Girl,please

what the hell "fangirl"?I'm just to express my point of view

Yeah but, the thing is, since you're so OBVIOUSLY biased against one side, your point of view's validity comes into question.

And you're not!? I'm not even Supes' biggest fan and I still know that he would kick Thor's ass (Rune King Thor is a whole other matter entirely though.)

Asshole, I wasn't saying Thor was gonna win. I was just trying to argue that it'd be closer than you'd think.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I agree..i hate fanboys to assume a charater power level,In particular, is not consistent with the facts

thor has some exaggerate feats,like thor and herc can moved a planet but they are just vibration valley,score of planets and "crushing weight of a neutron star,Sadly it,the thor never really do these feats...just panel exaggerate...

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Epicbeast3000

@powerwoman: Both are pretty much the same, Thor has taken hits of Glory, who is said to be made up of 10000 gods. Who is said to be equal to a pissed Odin. Superman has withstood supernovas and omega beams from Darkseid. Both are the the most powerful superhero of their universe. Thor has held the odin sword, with his arm wrestle with Hercules both moved a planet out of it's orbit just by the force of their arm wrestle. Superman pulled 1/3rd of a planet. Versatily goes to Thor, but speed goes to superman. Plus I hate the reason Superman always wins, because he gets sun dipped. If that was the thing, Thor should get warrior madness.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By PowerWoman

@epicbeast3000: almost is exaggeration,thor and herc never really moved the planet,the odin power is Non-quantifiable

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why superman fans are so proud of this victory. That battle was extremely one-sided... in Thor's Favor. Thor was winning that fight no matter how you look at it. In the end after getting knocked into space and "put to sleep", Superman gets supercharged and bum rushes an unaware Thor. It was basically a massive sucker punch. Thor thought he had won(and technically he had by means of First Knockout), and Superman literally hit him out of nowhere.

As a Thor Fan, I can't even be mad. It was clear who was the better combatant. Thor.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: damn google images. Wait did it lead to you comicvine battle thingy, if it did just scroll down and find the image. It must be on the page.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Ciriel

Wow this is awesome. I'm not expecting some super amazing comicvine debateable fight. I wish Hollywood movies were even remotely similar