Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

Folks, this got me thinking.

Has Lois Lane ever cheated on Clark aka Superman?

Please understand, I'm not trying to assume that she would do something like that. It's just, when you think about it, Lois is all by herself most times doing God knows what, especially when Superman is there exploring different planets and such (*COUGH* New Krypton *COUGH*). That would make Clark a bit concerned.

Then again, that's just my opinion. Tell me what you think?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Superguy1591

DC wouldn't do it because it would make Superman look weak to take her back if she did and it would tarnish the character of Lois as one of DC's first ladies.

There's nothing you can do with that relationship really.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

No that I know about.

Superman has come closer to cheating than Lois...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC wouldn't do it because it would make Superman look weak to take her back if she did and it would tarnish the character of Lois as one of DC's first ladies.

There's nothing you can do with that relationship really.

I disagree if DC wasn't afraid to take the risks, that relationship has infinite potential.

Clark's and Lois's wish for a baby of their own could create awesome character development and a very good long term storytelling tool.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: DC gets flack when Superman said "GD" in Action Comics under Morrison. GD, not even Goddamn and people threw a fit and said they were trying to "Batman" Superman.

Can you imagine putting Superman in a gritty relationship involving cheating? Plus, I would rather have Superman cheat since it would make him a more dynamic character.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the icon status they have that will prevent such a development fans would bitch if that ever happens. Still no i don't think so, but hey on earth 3 super woman name is lois lane and she cheats on ultraman alot.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: DC gets flack when Superman said "GD" in Action Comics under Morrison. GD, not even Goddamn and people threw a fit and said they were trying to "Batman" Superman.

Can you imagine putting Superman in a gritty relationship involving cheating? Plus, I would rather have Superman cheat since it would make him a more dynamic character.

What when did I ever mention cheating?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear I am replying to this

"There's nothing you can do with that relationship really."

And I answered with this:

I disagree if DC wasn't afraid to take the risks, that relationship has infinite potential.

Clark's and Lois's wish for a baby of their own could create awesome character development and a very good long term storytelling tool.

I never mentioned cheating.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ScouterV

In all honesty, I think Lois is the one that needs to be a more dynamic character.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: you can't make that relationship dynamic. I challenge you to try though.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I think Lois has umph to her, but she isn't the right umph for Superman.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No that I know about.

Didn't he marry a Kandorian woman while he had amnesia in Godfall? Does that count?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: you can't make that relationship dynamic. I challenge you to try though.

I disagree. You are prejusticed. There are plently of stories that make their relationship look awesome. Superman and Lois can have awesome interaction together.

Maybe it would help if you read some pre-52 stories so you can see it for yourself. I recommend "Superman: for all seasons" for the Lois lane issue, Rucka's first arc on AoS, which features some very interesting developments like Lois going to become a war correspondent and fataly getting shot and if you want to counterbalance your hate for Lois with something else Wonder Woman 170 is something you will definitely enjoy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

@squalleon said:

No that I know about.

Didn't he marry a Kandorian woman while he had amnesia in Godfall? Does that count?

Nah, he was brainwashed. But getting tempted to cheat with Wonder Woman does...that being said, these two had been fighting together in Asgard for 1000 years without a break, keeping character even after that was one of the most impressive morality feats of Supes.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

I disagree. You are prejusticed. There are plently of stories that make their relationship look awesome. Superman and Lois can have awesome interaction together.

Maybe it would help if you read some pre-52 stories so you can see it for yourself. I recommend "Superman: for all seasons" for the Lois lane issue, Rucka's first arc on AoS, which features some very interesting developments like Lois going to become a war correspondent and fataly getting shot and if you want to counterbalance your hate for Lois with something else Wonder Woman 170 is something you will definitely enjoy.

i know I'm biased. I never denied it. =)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know I'm biased. I never denied it. =)

Thats why I am recommending stories because I want to change that ;)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SanoHibiki

Not counting memory-wiped/brain-washed episodes, then I’ll say name - Jeb Friedman (that’s’ it if you don’t believe in “we were on a break”-excuse).

Lois engaged in rebound romance with Jeb Friedman soon after Superman was “killed” by Doomsday, and then quickly dumped Jeb when Superman was back in action.

Then, during 90’s comics, before Clark/Lois’s marriage, there was rough part of their relationship. Basically Lois didn’t like Clark for being Superman and having to share him with the rest of the world, take a break on their relationship and seemingly again hooked up with Jeb (at least some stories implied that they hooked up). If that’s true, Clark was utterly pathetic during those times.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

@sanohibiki: Without powers, Lois Lane would pick Bruce Wayne over Clark Kent if they meet at the same time. Lois likes powerful men, not good ones (Metallo and Luthor are on her date lists).

There's no way DC can redeem that quality in her. They have to make her fall in love with Clark first before Superman and that would betray the standard continuity of Lois and Superman first.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Without powers, Lois Lane would pick Bruce Wayne over Clark Kent.

There's no way DC can redeem that quality in her. They have to make her fall in love with Clark first before Superman and that would betray the standard continuity of Lois and Superman first.

Actually she had chosen Clark Kent over Superman when she didn't know Clark was Supes.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce did it again

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: she still loved Superman first. Clark is, essentially, her back-up.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: she still loved Superman first. Clark is, essentially, her back-up.

It doesn't look for much of a back up to me when you dump the Man of Steel for Clark :P

Also Lois accepted Clark's marriage proposal before she learns that he is Superman.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

No and that would be completely against her character.

They aren't a thing in New 52 yet so many this time it would be different.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

@sanohibiki: Without powers, Lois Lane would pick Bruce Wayne over Clark Kent if they meet at the same time. Lois likes powerful men, not good ones (Metallo and Luthor are on her date lists).

To tell the truth, Lois was written to going sometimes for opposite things – firstly she fell in love with flying hero and didn’t notice Clark Kent; then she somehow fell in love with Clark Kent and didn’t like that he and Superman are one and the same. Authors used motives like “I don’t want to share you with the rest of the world”, “you’ll never belong only to me completely” and “one day you might not return – what I will be supposed to do”. Meh

Sometimes their relationship was written ok (just to be fair), but also I noticed plenty of ugly things over years – and they stuck in my mind. Plus when those two got together, all fun and entertainment are immediately sucked from them. For example, Lois and Clark: New adventures of Superman. First several seasons were pretty fun because of Clark-Lois-Superman triangle and how it was executed; when they got together – ratings fell. So, when they’re together, writers seldom managed to come up with ideas to make their life interesting; when they’re not together – Clark-Lois-Superman’s triangle isn’t the best ground to build working relationship imo. That’s Clois paradox.

Remember Superman 2000 pitch? Writers like Morrison, Millar and Waid suggested breaking their marriage and returning to their triangle-status-quo. If such guys suggested taking such measures, well, that’s bound to count for something.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: The thing about ratings falling when Lois & Clark were together is not true. Season 3 is their highest rated season which is the season they got together.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I agree if DC took risks with the Clark and Lois releasonship IT could be so good for both characters development.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Saren

DCAU Lois made smart decisions

No Caption Provided

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

At one point Lois had sex with Lex Luthor but it turned out to be Parasite disguised as Lois.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you read Batman-Superman : Superman's Joker written by Greg Pak, Lois Lane offer herself as bait even she is not Superman's girlfriend. I mean which girl want to do that ?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@boynerdgeek: a superman fangirl.

Huh, normally i would have said them hoes ain't loyal, but lois is loyal to superman.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ndixit:

What do you mean? Ratings fell when they're got married.

P.S. Ah, I see, didn't make clear what I meant in my post.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of times. More now in the New 52, but cheating isn't something strange to Lois, even in the pre-New 52.

Remember the death of Superman? Days or even weeks after Superman died in the battle with Doomsday she accept the advances of some guy she knew and although they only kissed, it was very clear that if he hadn't been ressurected by the Eradicator, she'd had moved on quite fast.

And this is just one example. Also in past versions or timelines before she and Clark had a relationship it was shown both in the comics and the TV series that she got around. Only Clark was more conservative. In almost all versions the only other woman he had something before Lois was Lana.

One of the things I liked the most in the New 52. Seeing Kal trying, going about and having other relationships. True that even in the New 52 again his first love was Lana, then he met Lois but nothing came from that (thank God), at first when I saw him interacting with Shay Veritas I honestly hoped at the time that he'd make his move and the two of them have a relationship. But unfortunately that didn't happen.

Even Lucy (Lois sister) shown interest in Clark. At least she saw him has a hot guy, she even questioned Lois if she and him had something going on.

And of course we can't forget Cat Grant. When Clark walked out of the Daily Planet she was the only one that followed him. And to be honest, I'm really very disappointed that DC writers treated what they had going on so badly. Sure it wasn't a love affair or anything like that, but the idea of Clark and Cat creating a news website, was something very good, interesting and full of potential, but once again the writing teams fell short and basicaly they brushed it under the carpet and have hinted that they're gonna make Clark return to the Daily Planet.

Which again shows how low creativity in running in the DC Comics. And if it runs low on how they handle his daily life, I don't expect anything better coming from his love life.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: yes, but she only dated Clark because she gave up on Superman--he's the back-up.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: yes, but she only dated Clark because she gave up on Superman--he's the back-up.

She didn't gave up on Supes, she prefered Clark. She was flirting with both but she choose Clark. Thats not a back up. Clark would be the back up if Supes dumped Lois or if Lois dumped Supes and she found comfort in Clark. This is a clear choise of Clark over Superman.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think she'll ever do that. Well it's just my viewpoint because if Lois has set eyes on someone she's persistent to be with/know more of that someone.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: okay, but the N52 undid all that, didn't they? Now she's all "I gave up on Superman(Perez)"

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: okay, but the N52 undid all that, didn't they? Now she's all "I gave up on Superman(Perez)"

I don't care really. Thats the least of my worries concerning the New 52. Also I always felt that Lois should love the man behind the mask and usually thats who Superman is in the triangle.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jeremy1989

At one point Lois had sex with Lex Luthor but it turned out to be Parasite disguised as Lois.

O_O

I'm sorry, what?

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not counting memory-wiped/brain-washed episodes, then I’ll say name - Jeb Friedman (that’s’ it if you don’t believe in “we were on a break”-excuse).

Lois engaged in rebound romance with Jeb Friedman soon after Superman was “killed” by Doomsday, and then quickly dumped Jeb when Superman was back in action.

Then, during 90’s comics, before Clark/Lois’s marriage, there was rough part of their relationship. Basically Lois didn’t like Clark for being Superman and having to share him with the rest of the world, take a break on their relationship and seemingly again hooked up with Jeb (at least some stories implied that they hooked up). If that’s true, Clark was utterly pathetic during those times.

These are some of the main reasons I prefer the N52 change up on supes no Lois even though some writers tried to have him pining for her but it didn't last long, so while i'm here thank u DC

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mailwam

@sanohibiki: Nothing you claim is "unfaithfulness", you resorted to making up false claims to attack Lois. In fact, it's Superman who was unfaithful to Lois and kissed Wonder Woman even while married and Lori while engaged, Lois only kissed Jeb out of grief of his death and being lonely which she actually regretted. And FYI, Superman was dead for more than 5 months. Superboy said much later Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds that his body was in a chrysallis for a month, but it was dead far before being in that stage and before being resurrected. Here I'll show: Superman died in or before December 1992 as it's stated in Superman Vol. 2 #76 that his funeral was held a week before Christmas. Cyborg Superman saved President Clinton in May 1993 (Superman #79). The real Superman came back in Superman: The Man of Steel #25.

She didn't engage in any rebound romance, nor after breaking up her engagement (which was permanent) with Clark, nor any story ever implied that. She even tried to get away from Jeb during Clark's death. Even after Jeb took her for dinner to take care of her, she tried to tell him that she couldn't be with him in Superman: The Man of Steel #23, she still only thought of Clark and even tried to avoid Jeb at times. You try to claim her as unfaithful because she kissed Jeb. She kissed him AFTER the Eradicator's ship carrying Superman showed up in Superman: The Man of Steel #24, though she didn't know it much later he was alive. Jeb only kissed her in Superman: The Man of Steel #25 to make her happy, but she didn't consider them a couple and greatly regretted it as she was lonely, she even tried to tell him away earlier and decided to preserve his legacy against those fighting over being new Superman while deciding to stay away from Jeb. How is a woman only wanting Clark even after his death, even starting to stay away from others who care about her, "disloyal"?

And Jeb wasn't a stranger. She knew him since she was very young as said by her in Superman: The Man of Steel #4, he was the first man to try a relationship with her according to him (Superman: The Man of Steel #37) . She admired his gutso and knew he cared for her. While Clark even after revealing himself as Superman to her, continued to scoop her on Superman stories. When she tried to stand up for Clark to Jeb, worried he might get angry, he became rude. He tries to hit on her, but she rejects him. (Superman: The Man of Steel #7).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Oh and @heavenlydarkdragon didn't accept Jeb Friedman (who she knew actually, Jeb wasn't a stranger) until a day before Superman showed up again. It only started with him trying to cheer her up and make sure she's taking care of herself by taking her to coffee, dinner and to a sports bar in Superman: The Man of Steel #22-24. She still keeps mostly thinking of Clark, getting upset that someone took her job. Clark wasn't dead for a short time, it varies from weeks to months to a year but never few days (https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/62krxe/how_long_was_superman_dead_after_his_fight_with/). Things weren't moving quickly.

Oh and Superman did go out with others even while being in love with Lois - Cat Grant, Wonder Woman for example. You're falsely led to believe he was a one-woman man or conservative.

Lois never dated Jeb after breaking the engagement, only went with him once because of his connections with the mob in Superman: The Man of Steel #55 and that too IMMEDIATELY her break up in Action Comics #720. Though he did joke about making Clark jealous, Jeb was already told beforehand by her that she was contacting him to go after the mob saying what she's doing is dangerous and is due to her broken engagement. No Lois & Clark never took a "break" during the engagement. She actually meant to break it, she said she plainly meant she was ending it, not taking a timeout or being mad, and even stated that she won't marry him in Superman #111. But she came back later as only love mattered. Have you even read the comics? A very poor excuse by you.

No Caption Provided

Clark was never a backup for her, she liked him since a long time as far as Superman #1 and dated even while she liked Superman. She was upset when she found him with Cat Grant when two tried dating in Superman #11. She wasn't going for opposite things, she liked his personality and looks which was made clear very early but you wouldn't know as you haven't read it. He destroyed their attempted relationship 52 times per Lois herself. The couple was meant for sexual tension as The Man of Steel comic mini-series author John Byrne said, never meant to immediately come together. Lois never cared about powers or getting together with Bruce Wayne or simply because people are heroes/superheroes. Even the other "hero" boyfriend José Delgado, she didn't even know he was a vigilante when she fell for him and was dating him in Adventures of Superman #432-437. She cared because he was a good man who was concerned for others, she even stated that he was making her glad to not be Superman's girlfriend and only came to know he had become Gangbuster by the end of issue #437, of course those who haven't read the comics won't know.

The reason she broke her engagement off wasn't due to her not because she didn't want to share Clark with the world as in she didn't want him to be a superhero, but simply that they rarely got to spend time together plus he refused to kill the Joker to save her which is when the real trouble between them started. She wants to have some semblance of a normal life but being Superman is always more important. She wasn't against him being a superhero but he stops caring and runs off often, rarely giving them time. As she stated his mind is partly always somewhere else. Even while she talked, he runs off to fight. And she was completely right in leaving him because you'll see in the image after these two below. She even had to live with Lori Lemaris. (Action Comics #720). Heck even in Rebirth comics, Superman runs off even while they're being intimate or kissing. At least he can take "time off" for that if not discussion. He doesn't deserve Lois or any woman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If you want to know how much he sees her, you'll be shocked - sometimes barely if not at all in a week as you can see him saying below, and of course this isn't even near to spending a good part of the day with her. If he made more time for her, it'd be better but he won't. If they didn't love each other their marriage won't last long especially with this, no disputing that.

No Caption Provided

Heck even Wonder Woman/Diana who was good friends with both Lois and Clark sometimes told him to to go back to Lois and not be busy looking after her or being a superhero as he had almost forgotten Sam Lane's death. This shows you how much he really cares, he didn't come to save Washington DC or Sam because he was busy saving who he thought was Diana falling from space, even though Lois called out to him and he knows her voice. She should have divorced him that instant.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lois was faithful to Superman but Superman wasn't. He also explicitly cheated on her with Diana even while he was married. He kissed her passionately for some reason after giving her a Mjolnir as a gift, even though he didn't do it when they were trapped for 1000 years in Asgard. He had feelings for her and was jealous of another man kissing her despite him being married (see Legends of the DC Universe #31). Talk about unfaithfulness, Diana and you New 52/"SuperWonder" can keep him. At least Batman knew that long-term relationships will be troublesome for both, which "perfect" Diana didn't look past with him. Also notice how Diana tells him to spend time with his wife, this was regarding where Parasite kidnapped and impersonated Lois for a time. Though she did let her obsession of Clark take over for some time, I respect that she didn't let it win and got over it. We don't want or need heroes like Superman thank you.

No Caption Provided

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ZariusII

@mailwam: They're not kissing in that scene, they're very clearly just holding one another. And even if that were the case, kissing another woman doesn't necessarily mean unfaithfulness either, plenty of people can have successful marriages while being passionately affectionate towards other lady friends without intention of consummation. How do you think actors get by every day if they can't kiss on-screen partners? You really are a conservative philistine.

Clark's loyalty has always been to Lois, he's proven it time and again, he proved it when he and Wonder Whore were trapped for 100 years in Valhalla and didn't succumb to temptation....he does something here and there out of consideration for a friend and all of a sudden you toss that supreme test out?

Luckily, in Rebirth Clark's loyalty to Lois is absolute. He got a second chance to attend Sam's funeral with Lois and be there for her. Diana is no longer in his orbit, assuming her love for Clark carried over to Rebirth, she finally woke up and recognised that this was all meaningless love and went back to Steve.

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mailwam

@zariusii: Lol not kissing? I'm not interested in made-up excuses and no Clark was NEVER loyal. Anyone can very easily make out their faces lined against each other. They're not apart, their is no space. Nor they are hugging at all. They're not holding each other, in fact they're passionately wrapping their arms. And this isn't the first time he's let his passion get the better of him. He did the same thing with Lori.

And yes kissing another woman, that too so passionately is cheating. Kissing on-screen partners is just acting, this isn't. In fact he even tried to convince his family there was nothing between them. I'm happy being called a philistine no matter how you want to defend it. But he himself admits to thinking of other women especially Diana.

To you it may seem okay, to others it isn't and Clark isn't brought up with such values. It may be a modern era but did he ask Lois' permission whether she will be okay? Nope.

Running off from Africa to Greece to save Diana falling from space to Earth when Imperiex probes are attacking the world, staying to comfort her while Washington DC is attacked by Imperiex and you don't focus on your wife's pleas for help is also wrong. This is worse than adultery. Such intimacy shouldn't be shown to anyone but a wife and I doubt Clark was brought up this way or thought it was no matter. If he was okay with it, why didn't he kiss Lana or Lori after his marriage?

He dated several women while proclaiming to love Lois deeply even before that. That is not a matter though, but what happens after marriage is. The writers treated it nonchalantly and Diana became a thorn.

A truly loyal husband shouldn't feel romantic interest towardd another woman. He had romantic feelings for Diana despite him being married, so much so he couldn't get their kiss (the one before his marriage) out of mind in Legends of the DC Universe 31 as she dates Alcmaeon to stop a war, even though it was guaranteed it would include nothing more than a simple date - no intimacy, kiss, sex etc He is jealous. Even when Diana reciprocates Alcaemon's kiss to show that he did care for her he gets angry.

Lois puts up him with his nonsense and lets him go to check on Diana. Despite being sometimes jealous, she trusts Diana and even asks her to look out after him. Yet writers turned this into an unspoken love triangle freak show. She should divorce him and your comic writers can pair him up with whoever is okay with such a life of his to pander to shipping fanboys. Btw this wasn't the only time he cheated on Lois as I said. The writers had him cheat with Lori Lemaris too.

As he himself said this should never have happened and.he couldn't trust his pulses. This is simply a man who couldn't control himself and didn't stop Lori from doing what's wrong.

No Caption Provided