Lois Lane or Wonder Woman

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheBlondeGod

Who among these ladies would best be preferable for Superman as his lover?

For Lois. The thing is, when Lois and Clark are together it seems that Clark is always high alert on Lois' safety. He fights here, fights there, save here and there but then Lois always gets in danger and Clark has to leave and save her. I know she's an adventurous reporter/writer but Clark couldn't focus on what he must do. No hard feelings for Lois/Clark Shippers, I respect you wholeheartedly. :)

Now for Wonder Woman, many have been against Superman and Wonder Woman, but honestly I waited this long and finally that fictional ship has been made. It's just that Superman would be confident about her, knowing that she could do it on her own. Need not to do more saving but also protect her whenever needed. Now it was stated by some of the DC Comics writers that they 'could' end their relationship prior to what will happen to the world with their break up. I kind of worry about it because these two are perfect for each other. They could understand what it feels like having immense strength, being alone or feeling alone. Also the benefit for all, Diana teaching Clark some fighting techniques having powers and knowing how to use them. Clark being the gentleman he is, promises things he would never break. Is it that you fear this union just like with Hyperion and Zarda? Because facts given, these two could really dominate the world.

In the Justice League War which is based on Justice League: Origin, we can see there the romance building up between Supes and Wondy. Look at these images.

No Caption Provided

Silly, lol. Clark having possession over Diana. Just remember what Wondy said "If I want smooth, I'd go out with Hal."

And the ending, where Lois and Steve are there.

No Caption Provided

*But this rocks*

In the upcoming Justice League: Throne of Atlantis we can see that DC will portray a much stronger relationship. So what about you guys? Would it really matter if he will have a lover? If it will, then who?

Photos are leeched over Deviantart, credits to respected owners.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The one has was married to for 15 years, not the fling.

Superman and wonder woman also could not dominate the world. Tons of beings that could destroy them.

Poor Lois and Steve, maybe they should hook up.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

The one has was married to for 15 years, not the fling.

Superman and wonder woman also could not dominate the world. Tons of beings that could destroy them.

Poor Lois and Steve, maybe they should hook up.

Martian manhunter solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jayc1324: That was a gimmick, a gimmick that DC wanted to retcon 4 years in. It only last 15 years because the Superman writers couldn't get the pitch to last.

When guys like Waid and Morrison agree on something Superman, you should take notice. Even they thought Superman and Lois was dumb and they only have books like Kingdom Come, Birthright and All-Star Superman (I like Superman's characterization in it) to their name.

You're a Batman fan...who to believe has a more vested interest in the Superman mythos...hmm....

Superman shouldn't be with Wonder Woman in the long run because they're separate franchises. They don't even interact in their solo books (outside of Superman with Lobdell that one issue where Superman became all Bella) so it would be hard to maintain a romance between them. Plus, I want their relationship to have meaning, like a little SuperWonder running around and not just be a flash in the pan. They only way that works is if they're in possible future story lines where DC doesn't have to deal with it in continuity.

DC ought to just make a new love interest for Supes. Make it fair and balance and right down the middle and have to fans pick who Superman should be with. If they went with my romantic interest for Supes, I bet you she beats Lois 10/10.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

I'm going to avoid this thread now. Good bye

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What he ^ said.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Lois is a much more interesting character than WW imo,if Superman fans are that tired of her then why not hand her over to the Batman mythos? she'll be a great addition.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Lois is a much more interesting character than WW imo,if Superman fans are that tired of her then why not hand her over to the Batman mythos? she'll be a great addition.

I'd like to see that.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can never please fanboys

Prior to the n52, everybody complained about the static relationship between Clark and Lois. Now, we have something different and those same fanboys still complain. *shrugs*......and for the record, Lois shouldn't be defined by her relationship with Clark.....but thats just my opinion.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

Here we go again.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'd like to see that.

It'll be great,a partnership between her and Batman would be awesome.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Neither. Batman is Superman's true love.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Being a old school superman fan, Lois has a special place in my heart. However I'm enjoying the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman and i'm looking forward to picking up the trade paperback for the first volume of the story.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SaintWildcard

@buttersdaman000 said:

Prior to the n52, everybody complained about the static relationship between Clark and Lois. Now, we have something different and those same fanboys still complain. *shrugs*......and for the record, Lois shouldn't be defined by her relationship with Clark.....but thats just my opinion.

THIS SO F**KING MUCH!!! I also hate how some people say she anchors him to humanity, that just sounds to me like he has to have sex with a human or else he'll go rouge. Clark was raised and grew up with us. he is human

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Exactly. Lois is your typical one dimensional strong independent women and she has nothing on WW who is a much more complex character.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ndixit

@entropy_aegis: You know, that's actually a pretty awesome idea. Lois Lane would have incredibly interesting stories to write in Gotham and it would be a completely different challenge for her as a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter. I've heard nothing but constant complaints from Superman comic fans about Lois so maybe it is time for a location change for her, even if it is temporary. Might be good for the character.

Avatar image for sleeping_and_eating
sleeping_and_eating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Wonder Woman soooo much better than Lois....no more Lois!!! no more Lois!!!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

THIS SO F**KING MUCH!!! I also hate how some people say she anchors him to humanity, that just sounds to me like he has to have sex with a human or else he'll go rouge. Clark was raised and grew up with us. he is human

Yeah, Lois and Clark work best when the relationship is complementary and not one-sided IMO. Lois does't need to be Clarks anchor, she needs to be his partner. And when I say partner, I don't just mean Gf/Bf.

@redwingx said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Exactly. Lois is your typical one dimensional strong independent women and she has nothing on WW who is a much more complex character.

Nah....Lois is great character.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Nope.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Nope.

flcl animated GIF

I am a fan of Batman and Superman and both are a part of this discussion,I have spent five years on this site and my post count on the WW board is probably less than 10 (ignoring this thread),that accurately reflects my indifference to the character. So yeah I dont care about her,I hate how Supes is stuck to this dull ass romance.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@redwingx said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Nope.

I am a fan of Batman and Superman and both are a part of this discussion,I have spent five years on this site and my post count on the WW board is probably less than 10 (ignoring this thread),that accurately reflects my indifference to the character. So yeah I dont care about her,I hate how Supes is stuck to this dull ass romance.

Uh yeah,it doesn't contradict my position,I find Lois to be a much better character than WW.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh yeah,it doesn't contradict my position,I find Lois to be a much better character than WW.

No problem, if you wanna be wrong I won't stop you

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

If you like a mess of unformed ideas and vague ideals over an actual character than that's your problem.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SaintWildcard

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@entropy_aegis said:

If you like a mess of unformed ideas and vague ideals over an actual character than that's your problem.

If you like a ball busting comedic relief Disney Princess that's your problem

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah it is,glad we can agree.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Yeah it is,glad we can agree.

Hakuna Matata

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Lois is a more interesting character than both Superman and Wonder Woman, so I guess I'd pick her. I was not a fan of Superman being with Wonder Woman, but I've enjoyed every issue so far with them, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride, until he gets with Lois.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'd like to see that.

It'll be great,a partnership between her and Batman would be awesome.

Yeah the dynamic between these two will interesting to read.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah more than the relationship which shall not be named.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'd like to see that.

@ndixit said:

@entropy_aegis: You know, that's actually a pretty awesome idea. Lois Lane would have incredibly interesting stories to write in Gotham and it would be a completely different challenge for her as a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter. I've heard nothing but constant complaints from Superman comic fans about Lois so maybe it is time for a location change for her, even if it is temporary. Might be good for the character.

This

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

What did Batman ever do to you?

Besides, he's already got Vicky Vale, who is far more superior. And less annoying.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal-El and Diana are the best match by far.

Him being with Lois never made much sense to me. Before this relationship with Diana, I looked at the other women in his life and said "Please DC! Not Lois again. Make him date Dr. Shay Veritas. Anyother woman except Lois." and looking back, Shay Veritas wouldn't have been that bad of a choice, in fact it could have worked quite well.

Lois to me always loved Superman and only Superman. She didn't fall in love with plain Smallville Clark, but with the godlike being that was Superman. And when I thought about those two I couldn't even imagine what they could have in common, what she had that actually was useful for Kal-El. She was just a normal human woman, so how could someone has Superman who had seen so much, that could do so much, feel satisfied with a companion that would never know what it was like to be him.

Even if he was to hook up with Powergirl or Maxima it would have made more sense than being with Lois.

Has he and Diana are right now, is the best choice by far. Now DC only needs to make them both work hard to keep the relationship going. If he and Lois made it all those years, in the pre-52 versions, then it isn't that long of a stretch to make his relationship with Diana work for just has long.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal-El and Diana are the best match by far.

Him being with Lois never made much sense to me. Before this relationship with Diana, I looked at the other women in his life and said "Please DC! Not Lois again. Make him date Dr. Shay Veritas. Anyother woman except Lois." and looking back, Shay Veritas wouldn't have been that bad of a choice, in fact it could have worked quite well.

Lois to me always loved Superman and only Superman. She didn't fall in love with plain Smallville Clark, but with the godlike being that was Superman. And when I thought about those two I couldn't even imagine what they could have in common, what she had that actually was useful for Kal-El. She was just a normal human woman, so how could someone has Superman who had seen so much, that could do so much, feel satisfied with a companion that would never know what it was like to be him.

Even if he was to hook up with Powergirl or Maxima it would have made more sense than being with Lois.

Has he and Diana are right now, is the best choice by far. Now DC only needs to make them both work hard to keep the relationship going. If he and Lois made it all those years, in the pre-52 versions, then it isn't that long of a stretch to make his relationship with Diana work for just has long.

This is pretty much all I want from new 52. Otherwise Dr. Veritas and him have made a pretty good bond that could grow into stronger feelings later on if they break up SM/WW.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman would make a lovely boyfriend for Superman

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

I think Batman would make a lovely boyfriend for Superman

Welp if DC ever wants to go for another gay shock value then this is long overdue lol.

graftn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There is an interesting dynamic between Kal and Diana being superheroes in a relationship, but I don't prefer the pairing because in my head Lois is just who he's supposed to be with and I think she adds a human element to help anchor Clark. Not a fan of S/WW and not what I want, but it can be interesting.

Avatar image for killerinstinct4588
killerinstinct4588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@graftn said:

There is an interesting dynamic between Kal and Diana being superheroes in a relationship, but I don't prefer the pairing because in my head Lois is just who he's supposed to be with and I think she adds a human element to help anchor Clark. Not a fan of S/WW and not what I want, but it can be interesting.

Fixed

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with everyone using the human anchor as an answer? He already has human attachments from being raised on the country side by two adopted parents.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightus said:

What is with everyone using the human anchor as an answer? He already has human attachments from being raised on the country side by two adopted parents.

Surmise. ;)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis said:

What did Batman ever do to you?

Besides, he's already got Vicky Vale, who is far more superior. And less annoying.

Vicky is just a poor Lois ripoff,it's not even clever or subtle.

GerryBeritela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand the WW/Superman combo. And it does have to do with the fact that Lois is more human. Not because "she anchors" him, but because he ALREADY is more human from the moment he was lifted from that rocket by Ma and Pa Kent. Diana is wrong for him because she isn't quite human and never was. She can't relate to his human side, and when he's with her he becomes more one-dimensional, not the fully rounded human hero he really is. To put it another way, he's just as much "Clark" (or even more so) as he is Superman.
And in the new 52, Wonder Woman has only ever been just Wonder Woman.

If he can't have Lois, then at least he should be with Lana or another human. (Although, I'd also really love to see the Batman/Superman ship!!!!)

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No normal humans as a love interest. It be like a Lion dating a house cat.

Avatar image for kelevrasmashz28
KelevraSmashZ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm the only one who likes both Lois And WW.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't stand the WW/Superman combo. And it does have to do with the fact that Lois is more human. Not because "she anchors" him, but because he ALREADY is more human from the moment he was lifted from that rocket by Ma and Pa Kent. Diana is wrong for him because she isn't quite human and never was. She can't relate to his human side, and when he's with her he becomes more one-dimensional, not the fully rounded human hero he really is. To put it another way, he's just as much "Clark" (or even more so) as he is Superman.

And in the new 52, Wonder Woman has only ever been just Wonder Woman.

If he can't have Lois, then at least he should be with Lana or another human. (Although, I'd also really love to see the Batman/Superman ship!!!!)

You hit the nail on the head. Diana makes fun him being Clark. She is the one who needs an anchor.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer WW to be honest. She's more like Clark and he would finally have an equal. I really do hope that DC continue this relationship because every issue of Supes/WW have been fantastic so far.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ndixit

I think you characterized Lois incorrectly. Yes, she is human and sometimes does need to be rescued. But the point of her character is that she is able to be with Clark as well as Superman. Superman can't be Superman all the time so she doesn't draw focus from his need to be Superman, she actually allows him to be both Clark and Superman. She gives him a sense of balance and semblance of a normal life, something which he needs given his upbringing. The problem with the Wonder Woman relationship is that there is no way that Clark can ever be normal. Their relationship isn't normal. She's currently the god of War, per my understanding. She has never known a secret identity and I can't see her being comfortable with one. Because of this she has shown to have trouble understanding the need for Clark to have a secret identity. Now, the new 52 Clark is obviously different then pre new 52 Clark so maybe his needs and priorities for a relationship will be different. So the relationship will be different. I don't buy the argument that just because Superman and Wonder Woman are the two strongest beings on Earth that they are perfect for each other. They are in many ways quite incompatible with each other. But that is what also makes the relationship potentially interesting. I haven't been particularly impressed with Superman/Wonder Woman so far. It does feel that Wonder Woman is used as Superman's cheerleader a bit too often. I hope this changes with the new writing staff because I do recognize that the relationship could be interesting.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By arthurkerr

Wonder Women all the way for many reasons , great stories , epic tales. In a world where two people were meant to be together. These two say it all. From star crossed lovers to bonded souls to dancing some place in the heavens as souls entangled in the great beyond. If you cannot write a story with these two as main characters you lack vision if you cannot see what good these two have going then you need to look again. If you think Poison Ivy is better then Wonder Women or Maxima then you do not see that they share a common passion and that is to see justice done and to save the world and bring about a united peace. Wonder Women and Superman are over the top filled with something most call a epic understanding of the fundamentals of life. That is that they have a passion for life and that is seen when they come together. The universe breaths a deep breath then it holds it in and at long last exhales and we understand that a true story is about to take place. Maybe some people are not ready for epic and should stay in the children's section. Maybe we should tell stories about little rabbit foo foo and the meadow and turning somebody into a goon. Then again maybe it is time to give us a grand epic and truly amazing story where two people do super things that make you wonder. Why this pair took so long to get together? Are you afraid of epic stories? Or should we have Lois jump from buildings for the rest of our life and have superman save her and we can yawn and call it a day?

ManofSteel45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois Lane