Lois Lane is boring

OldBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't like the Superman\Wonder Woman relationship, but seriously guys: Lois Lane is the most boring female character I've ever seen.

Why Superman fanboys are so obsessed with her? there are a lot of great female characters in DC.

Why we can't have Superman and Dr Light, or Superman and Fatality, or Superman and Maxima for example. Hell, even a relationship with a female supervillain like Livewire or Volcana would be more interesting than "Lois and Clark",

So, what's so special about Lois?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Because none of those relations have any novelty.

Superman and Lois is a classic pairing, with a great dynamic, that writers love to explore, that great stories and essays have been written on and about. And Lois isn't some random piece. Like most important parts of Superman she was introduced in Action Comics # 1. You can not like her just fine. But Lois is too important on the Superman mythos, and she will never go away. So you either learn to live with her. Or you have to read stories before Superman and she were a thing.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By infantfinite128

I'll always love Lois because of Dana Delany's performance.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can be but overall not really

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZariusII

Lois is Clark's emotional anchor, and the reason his humanity peaks. She is not afraid to dig deep for a story and uncover the truth, she is a champion of the people, which Clark admires greatly.

People who think she is "boring" have limited scope in human nature and imagination, and are only interested in the impossible, not the possible, they either do not have a meaningful or grounded relationship in their own lives and thus can't relate, or they've had bad experiences with normal relationships.

Drocta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, wrong. Lois Lane is awesome, especially triangle era Lois.

MyNameIsChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MyNameIsChaos

Lois is an Amazing character, she should get her own book again.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Lana Lang is much more interesting for Clark.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think that's why they killed off Lois in first issue of her new superpowered series and left Lana as Superwoman Red?)

bookofoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois Lane on DCEU is boring ok. But original Lois Lane is funny, smart. Not boring. Lois always makes me smile. And best live-action Lois Lane actress is Erica Durance according to me. She's meant to be Lois Lane.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because none of those relations have any novelty.

Superman and Lois is a classic pairing, with a great dynamic, that writers love to explore, that great stories and essays have been written on and about. And Lois isn't some random piece. Like most important parts of Superman she was introduced in Action Comics # 1. You can not like her just fine. But Lois is too important on the Superman mythos, and she will never go away. So you either learn to live with her. Or you have to read stories before Superman and she were a thing.

I did. And then DC Rebirthed all over that, and wasted it like the Osmond family wastes water! Thank the Goddess for Lex Luthor, but even he can't save Action Comics with such little book-time.

@zariusii said:

Lois is Clark's emotional anchor, and the reason his humanity peaks. She is not afraid to dig deep for a story and uncover the truth, she is a champion of the people, which Clark admires greatly.

People who think she is "boring" have limited scope in human nature and imagination, and are only interested in the impossible, not the possible, they either do not have a meaningful or grounded relationship in their own lives and thus can't relate, or they've had bad experiences with normal relationships.

That's garbage. Clark was human years before he met Lois, because of these new people called his parents.

But I love how seeing Lois is boring means people don't have meaningful relationships or are interested in the impossible. Couldn't possibly be because Lois is just a bore. Never...(he said, quite sarcastically.) That's what I have characters like Green Arrow for if I want the "possible."

Honestly, Lara is more interesting period.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree, Lois is awesome....when she's well written

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dawn of Justice was so badly written, even one episode with Dean and Teri had more substance. Even one animated episode with the voices of Tim Daly and Dana Delany had more substance than the entire effing movie. Personally, Try All-Star Superman and Superman: Secret Identity, the character is interesting in those ones.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldboy93 said:

I don't like the Superman\Wonder Woman relationship, but seriously guys: Lois Lane is the most boring female character I've ever seen.

Why Superman fanboys are so obsessed with her? there are a lot of great female characters in DC.

Why we can't have Superman and Dr Light, or Superman and Fatality, or Superman and Maxima for example. Hell, even a relationship with a female supervillain like Livewire or Volcana would be more interesting than "Lois and Clark",

Try reading Smallville season 11 or watch the show. She was shown to be very interesting and was capable of defending herself.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldboy93 said:

Nothing actually. When I look at Lois and I take all the positive and negative sides, we can have dozens of other female characters way more interesting. Hell, even in real life, women like Lois are dimme a dozen. So what's so great about her?! Nothing!

She's a smart, independent, self-driven woman, that also loves to place herself in harms way because she knows Superman will save her bacon, and she loves to take credit for feats that Superman does. Superman saves a plane, because he's too busy being Superman Lois writes about that story before Clark and she gets all smug about how she got the scoop.

And she's mainly boring because as a character she hasn't evolved that much. She does the same things she did that can be accounted for till the Golden Age. So a lot of decades on top of that character or any character that's been going so long with so little evolution, of course becomes boring.

Maybe if she was placed in a different set, doing things her way, not riding the Superman train. Would make her interesting again.

@scouterv said:
@zariusii said:

That's garbage. Clark was human years before he met Lois, because of these new people called his parents.

But I love how seeing Lois is boring means people don't have meaningful relationships or are interested in the impossible. Couldn't possibly be because Lois is just a bore. Never...(he said, quite sarcastically.) That's what I have characters like Green Arrow for if I want the "possible."

@jimishim12 said:

Honestly, Lara is more interesting period.

Agreed. Clark main anchor was and should always be Jonathan and Martha Kent. They are the one's that made Clark, Superman. Not Lois.

The one's who raised him with the right set of values. The one's that taught him right from wrong. The one's that cared for him and love him unconditionally. Lois... Or any other woman would be simply collecting the efforts of his adoptive parents. Also to me, any regular woman will always fall short to become the real partner Kal needs. To me he needs someone that can understand both sides of his life, and that's something that neither Lois or Lana can do.

How many times have we seen Lois being Superman greatest weakness. When Maxwell Lord mind controlled Superman, it was because of his fear that any harm would come to Lois that compelled Superman to act that way. How many times have we seen Lois being jealous or simply downright rude with a female character because of her lack of trust in Clark. It comes to mind Lana, Diana, Lori and that woman doctor that Clark met when he was traveling the world and helped him out during the Subject 17 problem. Lois first act was to show her jealous side disguised with sarcasm.

But of course Lois @$$ kissers don't remember those little details because it shows a side of Lois they simply ignore or see it as the writer fault, not Lois.

Can't say I totally agree with the Lana thing. Lana problem is in some ways close to Lois problem. Although of course we've had decades of Clark and Lois and not nearly close enough of Clark and Lana. But then again what can Lana provide to Clark that can actually improve him as a character? Honestly I don't see a lot of room there. More than Lois but still not nearly enough.

Has relationships goes. Clark is quite green in that department. We've seen Bruce have many potential loves but he never sticked to one. Oliver Queen also had is fair share. Even Barry Allen in some ways also had more diversity. It's almost like Diana. It's either Steve Trevor or Bruce Wayne. Like if they were the only candidates worthy of her attention.

Honestly there's a lot of room for Clark in the relationship department, it would only take DC to stop betting on the same couple over and over again. But more than DC it's the fans fault that Clark and Lois, after so many decades, are still a thing.

Lois is honestly a overglorified self insert to push a feminist agenda up against a male power fantasy just to be forced female empowerment. Basically she was SJW before SJW existed. Not to mention the ball busting she does to Clark because lol women need to be inspired to be bitches even to the most nicest and dependable dudes.

Nicely put.

I disagree, Lois is awesome....when she's well written

Any character is awesome when well written, not just Lois.

And why wouldn't Lois have flaws? Isn't she human? What makes her better than all the other women?

Lois would be a much greater asset to DC if her value wasn't so dependent on Clark/Superman. As it is right now and for the past decades Lois is only remembered because people associate her to Superman. Not because of her exploits.

Do a survay on Lois Lane and ask questions about her acomplishments as a reporter and see the mistakes fall from the sky like rain.

@oldboy93 said:

Try reading Smallville season 11 or watch the show. She was shown to be very interesting and was capable of defending herself.

Smallville? Really? Maybe one of worst Lois ever.

For a time I honestly believed Chloe Sullivan was gonna have to change her identity or something, and she would've become Lois Lane.

Chloe was an interesting character. Smart, resourceful, loved Clark before she knew he had powers or that he was an alien. But above all she was the true reporter of the show.

Lois comes into the show, being Chloe cousin, she was a army brat, and she had zero journalistic skills. But then out of nowhere she develops the skills and interest. Also she was typical Lois.. Getting into trouble was her main skill and getting saved by Clark her second skill.

Honestly imo Erica Durance 'Lois' brought zero to the show. She was simply Lois, and because she was Lois she could get away and survive anything.

Hell. Even Tess was way more interesting than Lois.