Is the TV supes stronger than the movie one

walter5james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I see a lot of people saying that the CW Supergirl is weak but have any of you noticed that she and her cousin are actually stronger than the DCEU version of Superman?

Think about it. What's the heaviest thing movie Superman has moved so far? A ship that weights over 25.000 tons (and no, the tectonic plate feat doesn't count since is just a Easter egg referencing the Christopher Reeve movies and we don't even see him do it). Meanwhile, Supergirl's biggest feat was lifting a alien prison that weights 1.000.000 tons. So why doesn't the DCEU version get as much crap as Supergirl in that department?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't watch supergirl but if I had to guess it's probably because DCEU Superman is still relatively inexperienced with his powers and still hasn't pushed himself like a more experienced superman would have done.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Pokeysteve

Kara has lifted at least 1 million tons, twice. Fort Ras and the key to the Fortress. If you aren't counting the plates than Cavill's Superman doesn't have anything close.

@seagod said:

Don't watch supergirl but if I had to guess it's probably because DCEU Superman is still relatively inexperienced with his powersand still hasn't pushed himself like a more experienced superman would have done.

I disagree with this. Experience would have no impact on his strength. He simply hasn't had the opportunity to showcase his strength like Kara has.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Pokeysteve: well Superman did state himself in the comics that as he ages he only gets stronger. Which I'm assuming is just how his solar collection and basking powers work. It's been shown in Kingdom Come and in the main comics. So if this Superman is indeed younger it could be a matter of time before he hits his stride.

Mostly me BS-ing honestly considering Supergirl is outshown him atm

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@DeathandGrim2:

Can't compare the comics with live action. Totally separate entities. Comic Superman has faster than lightning reflexes and we haven't anything close to that either in Cavill's.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say DCEU Superman because he is stronger. The thing about Supergirl is that her strength and speed are so inconsistent (often to make drama for the show). Yes she lifted up Fort Ras and the key, but then she struggles against weak villains. Like one week she struggled against a villain who could shoot out fire. Scorch didn't have any kind of super strength (or at least no where near Kara's level) and Kara struggled against beating her. In fact, it was Alex that defeated Scorch by kicking her in the face and knocking her out.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

the tectonic plate feat doesn't count since is just a Easter egg referencing the Christopher Reeve movies and we don't even see him do it

Why is that? I don’t think that they would have printed such big lie on a front page)

Let’s see. His flight travel speed ranges from Mach 430 to Mach 900, he has endured at very least city-busting level attack for some period of time while weakened; if his strength proportionate to other abilities, moving tectonic plates is within possibility.

By the way. Snyder took “real world” approach quite seriously. DCEU kryptonians seem to lack unofficial “holding enormous things without them crumbling under their own weight” ability - Cavillman couldn’t hold oil rig longer because beam bent under his feet, in BvS’ prequel comics he couldn’t simply stop train with brute force (he had to calculate where to apply how much power to not tear it apart and cause catastrophe). Their superspeed leaves small craters on the ground; they are very resistant to damage, but not immovable, etc.It makes gauging their lifting power kinda problematic.

Looking at how Kara struggles to beat some opponents (which logically she should have been able to defeat with her pinky), I’ll put my money on Man of Steel 10/10.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Pokeysteve said:

@DeathandGrim2:

Can't compare the comics with live action. Totally separate entities. Comic Superman has faster than lightning reflexes and we haven't anything close to that either in Cavill's.

The logic of how Superman's powers work is that he gets stronger with age up to a certain point due to his absorption of solar radiation. Kingdom Come was just re-affirming what we already knew, prior to Kingdom Come the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman Kal-L was explained to get stronger over time due to his continued absorption of yellow sun.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I can't really remember any specific lifting feats in DCEU, but the strongest live-action version of Superman so far is definitelyb between the Christoper Reeve version, who moved The Moon in Superman IV, the Moon being 81 billion tons and the Smallville version who pushed a planet, though the planet kept varying in size...