• 55 results
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SwaggaB0y

what is Supermans age? he looks like hes around 27.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Good question. But age and superheroes dont mix lol.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambler said:
" Good question. But age and superheroes dont mix lol. "
too true. for a few reasons as well.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Old.. considering he spent some time in suspended animation while on his trip from krypton to earth. But by the looks of him I'd say mid 30s

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aronmorales

I always thought he was in his forties.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

I'm guessing somewhere between 27 and 38.

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's an alien so is possible that he ages differently than human beings, like in the movie Batman beyond "The Call" 

Bruce is an old man and Superman has barely aged..

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Breaker envoy of Setron said:
" He's an alien so is possible that he ages differently than human beings, "
Most likely, it's been shown that Supes of the Kingdom Come/Earth-22 universe will still be alive in the 31st century (although at that point, he looks like a 90-year old lol).
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

Before infinite crisis, he was somewhere at 31-32. After Infinite crisis he was moved to 35. I'm not to sure where I read this, but I believe that's the case.

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as he has his medication and his huggies for old men, he'll be fine lol

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By speedlgt

I believe that superman is the same "age" in theory that all the "mature" superheroes are. By mature I mean not the teen heroes who are now adults. that would so for example Grayson ( to be taken seriously would have to be near 28 or 29 that would make him young but not some punk teen. At that age he could be well schooled and mature yet still young by all standards. Bruce would have to be his elder at near 39 or 40 at least. That would make Clark look as if hes in his late thirtys and this is the age he would stay at.
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By RedK

I'm guessing in his thirtys  

@~The Wanderer~ said:

" it's been shown that Supes of the Kingdom Come/Earth-22 universe will still be alive in the 31st century (although at that point, he looks like a 90-year old lol). "
but thats a different universe and we see that superman in the main univers will leave earth and live in the sun until the 834th century
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@RedK said:
" @~The Wanderer~ said:
" it's been shown that Supes of the Kingdom Come/Earth-22 universe will still be alive in the 31st century (although at that point, he looks like a 90-year old lol). "
but thats a different universe and we see that superman in the main univers will leave earth and live in the sun until the 834th century "
I know.
RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Superman doesn't age as we do, so I've always assumed he was far older than anyone really knows. I suspect even as a baby, he was around 10 Earth-years old. Every one of our years is like one of Krypton's months, the rays of our yellow sun constantly slowing Superman's cell-degeneration and keeping him young. Because he was raised on Earth, the guy celebrates his birthday each year as we do, when in actuality he could be in his 100's by now by Kryton's standards.

Of course, that's TOTALLY my own, personal nerd-logic to explain why Superman is always portrayed as nigh-immortal.

Liam Bradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Liam Bradley

@SwaggaB0y said:

" what is Supermans age? he looks like hes around 27. "

He looks 27? That's pretty fecking specific. You're weird people.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SwaggaB0y

In Supergirls Book when she was about to say her age they cut her off lol.
dracoalabastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in Batman beyond and the new two part Dark Knight Returns Bruce is in his 60's or 70's and superman barely looks 40

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In current canon he is 27-29. I Batman/Superman he his asked his age and states 22. As he is portrayed as the younger Clark just starting out in Metropolis, this means he was 22 when Action Comics was rebooted. Ergo he is at least 5 years older in current continuity (as there was a 5 year time gap between Action and Superman). Since N52 has been running for 2 years he may be as old as 29 now, although Superman still only seems to be 5 years after Action still, based on Superman annual #2 stating that Brainwave invasion was 5 years ago, which would keep him at 27.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he have a prolonged life

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

28-9 imo

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre52 Superman was mid-late 30's (during Death of Superman, Clark Kent was shown to be 34). New52 Supes seems much younger. So, he'd probably be 27-29 or so. If he finished University at 21/22 then started his superheroing right away, add 5 years for the start of New52, then add a year or two since the start of the reboot.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

Pre52 Superman was mid-late 30's (during Death of Superman, Clark Kent was shown to be 34). New52 Supes seems much younger. So, he'd probably be 27-29 or so. If he finished University at 21/22 then started his superheroing right away, add 5 years for the start of New52, then add a year or two since the start of the reboot.

28-9 imo

Just realised my earlier post had so many spelling issues - problems with using my phone. Anyway - this is about right. As I tried to type before in Superman Annual #2 Lois's narrative states that the Brainiac invasion was 5 years earlier - so even though N52 has been running for 2 years it would appear not even 12 months has actually passed in their universe as yet, and he's still 27 years old. And Superman/Batman has confirmed he was 22 when he started out being Superman.

@kgb725 said:

Does he have a prolonged life

Yes - he ages slower than a normal human, however this is relative. The younger he is the more normally he ages. As he gets older however the aging process slows. So he might look 60 when he's actually 90 for example, but while he's as young as 25-30, he looks roughly that age. That's why he grew up at a regular rate and doesn't still look like a child.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

28-9 imo

Just realised my earlier post had so many spelling issues - problems with using my phone. Anyway - this is about right. As I tried to type before in Superman Annual #2 Lois's narrative states that the Brainiac invasion was 5 years earlier - so even though N52 has been running for 2 years it would appear not even 12 months has actually passed in their universe as yet, and he's still 27 years old. And Superman/Batman has confirmed he was 22 when he started out being Superman.

I think its like this. 21 in action comics 0, 22 in batman/superman, 22 in action comics 1-18, 23 in justice league 1-6, 27 in Action Comics 19-21, then he is 28 in the current stuff. keep in mind the in universe time was been like a year or more, because joker got his face of then came back a year later.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@wishiwassuperman said:
@allstarsuperman said:

28-9 imo

I think its like this. 21 in action comics 0, 22 in batman/superman, 22 in action comics 1-18, 23 in justice league 1-6, 27 in Action Comics 19-21, then he is 28 in the current stuff. keep in mind the in universe time was been like a year or more, because joker got his face of then came back a year later.

You are correct about Joker, however within Superman's own continuity, we haven't had that year acknowledged yet. Psi Wars I don't think is happening in line exactly with some of the other comics (obviously he can't be doing Psi Wars AND disappearing in Forever Evil at the same time right?) So while I agree that it SHOULD be more than a year now (since Joker's return happened with DoTF which was already a while ago now), his own continuity hasn't progressed him that far just yet (his relationship with Wonder Woman for example is still relatively new in the Psi War arc, despite happening in JL 12 wasn't it?). Hence my original assertion he's somewhere between 27 and 29 (maximum). I was just saying that strictly speaking if we go off what his own titles are telling us, he's still 27 - which personally to me doesn't work but that's what it is. That's Lodbell for ya.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: I don't read psiwar, I thought it looked lame, ill jump on again for return to krypton.

WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: I don't read psiwar, I thought it looked lame, ill jump on again for return to krypton.

Fair enough - it's about to end obviously and is actually had an interesting development - they've introduced Psycho Pirate this way and he actually comes off alright - I like the redesign. Also they've hinted again at Superman having psionic powers of some sort - ones he's not even aware of. They're definately planning on going somewhere with this.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Fair enough - it's about to end obviously and is actually had an interesting development - they've introduced Psycho Pirate this way and he actually comes off alright - I like the redesign. Also they've hinted again at Superman having psionic powers of some sort - ones he's not even aware of. They're definately planning on going somewhere with this.

oh okay, that sounds kinda interesting, the return to krypton things looks awesome though.

embombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermans technically 75 years old. lol

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like to think of Superman as too old. Man of Steel had 33 and that sounds like a good number.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the new 52 he is about 25-27 and in pre 52 he was about 36-40

RedWolf9501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over a thousand years, since he spent a thousand years in valhalla with Wonder Woman and Thor fighting demons.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 I'd say 28-30, Pre 52 I'd say 35-40.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By VickBat

@kfabz-23 said:

New 52 I'd say 28-30, Pre 52 I'd say 35-40.

I think so.. Batman is 32 according endgame, Superman will have nearly 30 years

on pre new 52, face 40 years will be..when he was attacked with fire in convergence superman.. I saw his face... even thought I should be near 40 years..

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By azza04

As long as he is powered by the Sun I doubt he will die of old age. In the New 52 depending on the artist he can look anywhere from mid twenties to early thirties.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably around his late 20s to his early 30s

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedK said:

" @~The Wanderer~ said:
but thats a different universe and we see that superman in the main univers will leave earth and live in the sun until the 834th century "

I know.

but that is another writers mojo and we all know people change the minute the writer changes. Because staying in the sun in kind of lame.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swaggab0y:

Not really important if you'd asked me.

He seems to be in his thirties, but that's what the drawings seem to suggest to me.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

28-30, not older. Depends on the artists.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre Flashpoint supes I would put at around mid to late 30's. N52 Supes round 27/29

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Pre Flashpoint Superman is at least a 1030 years old.

No kidding, he lived with Wonder Woman in Asgard for a 1000 years.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52: 31?

Post Crisis: 35-40

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jogga

Pre-Flashpoint is 1,040-ish, as he lived with Wonder Woman for 1,000 years and started his long Superman career in his mid-30's.

New 52 is most-definitely in his mid-to-late 20's

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Assuming the 1,000 years in Asgard don't count because physically he didn't look any older, Pre Flashpoint Superman should have been in his mid 30s by the end of the Pre Flashpoint DCU and be at least 40 in the current Rebirth DCU since Jon Kent is about 8 years old. New 52 Superman was confirmed to be 27 years old in the Action Comics Neil DeGrasse Tyson back up but that was still in the New 52's early stages. Overall, the New 52 period lasted about 7-8 years in universe time from the Justice League's origin to the Rebirth issue. So I'd guess New 52 Superman would be 30 or early 30s before his death.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im assuming Superman ages as normal humans however his physique and health remains at optimal point - I cant imagine what it would look like when he is over 100years of age though

moe00072012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By moe00072012

@_the_wanderer_: you are right about the age superman profile page reads june 18,1979

make 38. I 'am about turn 38 in july born july of 1979

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab39f2267ace
deactivated-5ab39f2267ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid-30s or early 40s.

SuperAbrasax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is usually around 33 years old. Given that he has a son, possibly 35 or so. Any time he's older than that it's usually a future/alternate/Earth-2 Superman.

Whether he 'ages' in the sense of getting old is also extremely unevenly depicted, but the majority of the time he lives virtually forever and continuously gets stronger. Sometimes he lives virtually forever, but gets weaker (due to red sunlight or general aging effects). In very few cases he ages physically but maintains his powers at their peak.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid 30's. He didn't become Superman until he was 24 and had been doing it for 8 years at the start of post crisis.