Exactly How Hard Can Superman Punch?

• 127 results
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@darkhoudini: Most people with planetary durability have that level of durability when we talk about energy. Yeah we certainly need more tanks.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

if we're talking Earth-1 Superman: imo his greatest feat was punching through John Stewart's construct. Considering how strong John's constructs are, it puts Superman fairly high with his punches. Somewhere in the planetary range.

If we're talking Earth-2 Superman: Then Kal-L is a star buster.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By termiteone4ever

From least to most powerful, shall we...

Effortlessly hits Lobo into space and through a spaceship that was later stated to be the size of a small moon. Hits WW from the Sun all the way back to Earth in FTL speeds (somehow); it takes light around 8 minutes to cover that distance but Maxwell Lord confirmed the entire fight lasted under 2.

Planet shaking

Both Pre and Post-Flashpoint incarnations of Superman have made the entire planet shake with their punches.

Moon splitting

Claims his punch would have split a moon, and it's actually been proven he can accomplish just that. This should tell you something about Supes' claims, he's generally not one to boast. Regarding the last feat, given the narration and how the moon is drawn, it's probably Rhea, Saturn's second largest moon after Titan.

Moon busting

Performs his own version of the Infinite Mass Punch and obliterates a replicate
Performs his own version of the Infinite Mass Punch and obliterates a replicate "Shadow" Moon that was traveling at extreme speeds.

Planet busting

It's been stated multiple times by him and other characters that he is able to destroy planets with his hits, Clark has even claimed that his cousin Supergirl can basically do the same thing, he has threatened the Elemental Giants with destroying the world and they have believed him, and in his very early days as Superman he was able to one shot a creature with the strength of a planet (make of that what you will). He might have never destroyed a planet on panel, but given the power level in which he operates, the above statements and his character, it's fairly reasonable to assume he could if he wanted to.

Solar System shaking (which would be way above multi-planet busting)

I know this is a bit dubious.

Bekka the New God, and wife of Orion reveals in a conversation with Batman that the fight between Superman and Darkseid rocked the entire Solar System (Superman/Batman #40, Sep 2007).
Bekka the New God, and wife of Orion reveals in a conversation with Batman that the fight between Superman and Darkseid rocked the entire Solar System (Superman/Batman #40, Sep 2007).

The fight which she is referring to is this one:

Judging from the fight itself, if Bekka's statement is literal the Solar System shaking punches were those two at the end that incapacitated Darkseid. Given Darkseid’s power level and durability I don't think it's too outlandish to believe that this kind of strength is required to KO him in just two punches, while also breaking his skin in such a manner. Even Superman himself has sometimes survived multi planet busting blunt force trauma, like in the aforementioned Shadow Moon feat, with the speed that it was hurling towards the Earth it would have been able to completely devastate the planet 661 times over. Also remember, Superman has hurt and/or staggered insanely powerful foes, with his physical strikes alone, i.e. the Quantum Mechanic, Mordu, Dominus and more.

You know can't spout these FACTS on the Vine :) You might disrupt the hulk massive. :)

Personally i like to use the shadow moon of mystical energies with the same mass and size of our moon. The last time i check Mystical dark energies are related to magic but who knows i could be wrong :). If i am right :) This is not only a feat of magical resistance but also his durability and striking when he is working hard enough. You will see others down play it stating its a regular moon. :)

Since the new 52 superman came out user Tensor and i argued a bit about him doing all these feats at half strength. You do recall what happen when he got blast by Apollo. Superman had to leave the planet due to been too powerful. He can only hold back so much. That happen in Superman Wonder Woman i forgot the issue.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put Superman at the level of being able to destroy a planet like Earth with one punch. I know he hasn't busted a planet on panel, but if you look at some of the feats of strength that he's performed, they'd indicate that he's capable of it. For example, Superman and Martian Manhunter pushed back Brainiac ship in the New 52. Keep in mind that this ship was fifteen times the size of the Earth, and moving at over 30,000 mph, so the force they would have had to generate to push it back would have been at the multi planet busting level. He has other feats to show he is technically capable of it, but that's just an example.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capable of one-shotting a continent at absolute worst.

Irelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Irelan

I know when George Reeves played him, he'd give body and face punches to Earth villains; but he must've been pulling punches because if he punched someone from Earth as hard as he could, the person would be dead.

Take care and God bless

TrueRandomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limpoyzloan:No, it was them damaging reality, although that is indeed incalculable they still did nonetheless, One could argue that the fact they were making Physical contact with one another would have been what caused it, but that is irrelevant to the Feat as the Writer's want that as a Legit Feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hard enough to obliterate a tectonic plate at the very least.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around Moon busting i would say.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough to shatter a planet. Through scaling a star.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can shatter a Planet Earth-sized, his feats support it! but hasn't shown!

(for me he already is on side of hulk, since I believe in his reliable statements, but feats are better)

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well we know for sure it more than a planet. How much more? i do not know.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for pre 52 supes, large moon or small planet level.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@limpoyzloan: That capable of shattering a planet thing doesn't have much backing behind it. Sure he could shatter one in several punches but he doesn't have the on panel verification. But Pre New 52 some of Superman's best striking feats include Black Racer redirecting Superman's punch back at him which cracks a large part of the moon

Creating sonic booms with his punches and hitting Captain Marvel from Metropolis to Hawaii. This is while he was possessed by Eclipso who basically went all out whilst possessing Superman

And knocking Wonder Woman from the Sun to the Earth whilst mind controlled by Maxwell Lord.

There are more but these are some of his best ones. Hope that helps!

Ever heard of attack potency? Superman can punch planets apart (stated such multiple times PC) but controls it or holds back for the sake of his home planet. Why would he want to endanger billions? I also don't doubt N52 Superman can bust a planet considering his other high end feats. Generally if you're doing stuff like hundreds time FTL speeds, moving Brainiac's mothership (with help albeit) and tanking black holes you can probably bust a planet (with what difficulty who knows)

Avatar image for shauryaistheone
ShauryaIsTheOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanfan1938: that black hole was much more than planetary because as we a dust of black hole is enough to wipe a planet out and that black hole matched 1/3 of earth.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question isn’t wether or not how hard can Superman punch. Rather, how which Superman can punch the hardest.

Kal-El of Krypton was able to punch Sinestro so hard, that he sent him careening back to Qward.

Kal-L of Krypton was able to punch apart The Anti-Moniter’s burning head.

New 52 was once capable of punching Braniac Prime so hard, his avatars felt it.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jogga said:

The question isn’t wether or not how hard can Superman punch. Rather, how which Superman can punch the hardest.

Kal-El of Krypton was able to punch Sinestro so hard, that he sent him careening back to Qward.

Kal-L of Krypton was able to punch apart The Anti-Moniter’s burning head.

New 52 was once capable of punching Braniac Prime so hard, his avatars felt it.

If that's the case then it would be the strongest Superman, Thought Robot obviously. Excluding that, Strange Visitor Superman or Superman Prime

Feats wise, the strongest punch would go to Rebirth Clark or Pre-Crisis Clark. Rebirth punched the World Forger, Pre-Crisis punched so hard the energy countered the multiversal energies of the future GL and it restores the timelines (pre-crisis had infinite timelines/universes)

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jogga
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 takenstew22  Moderator

He has planet level striking at his hardest.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his strength comes from the sun's radiations. I all depends what kind of sun he's around.

We've also never seen him wear any sun radiation collector/generator like superboy-prime once did. Superman might be so strong that it's unimaginable.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Supermanfan1938

@jogga, @mercinwithamouthThe feat is from Superman vol 1 #295. He fought a being equal to his power. Here's scans of it from imgur: https://imgur.com/a/iSamvDw, https://imgur.com/a/oTu39PT. Keep in mind timelines were also alternate universes pre-crisis before Hypertime was thought up way later. He effectively generated raw power that countered the energies that were destroying universes and messing up time.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As hard as he needs too. Why because he is Gawd darn Superman.

If you don't understand go read up on Superman.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is only mountain level at best

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However the writers feel like level.

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably small to mid planet level with punches.

With an IMP I'd say multi planet level.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#129  Edited By NamelessMonster

With his most consistent feats, Small Planetary (Moon) level, and with some wank here and there he could at very best be Small Planetary+ (Mars) level but that's unlikely.

Writers still didn't give Superman a proper Planetary (Earth) level Striking as many people would want, so the former option is the best Clark could have.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anything Above Planet level.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor said:

Facts

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet level by statements and scaling. Continental by feats.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Underfire47

@termiteone4ever said:
@tensor said:

Facts

Feats to back up those "facts"?

An amped Superman recently hit an alternate Earth as hard as he could with the intention to destroy it, together with a bunch of other heroes and failed to do so unfortunately.

He also recently exhausted himself while moving a planet the size of Venus for only 13 meters, which translates in less than 1% of Moon busting energy, let alone planetary or above.