User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DarkGreenLantern
amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -2

He can hit hard enough to make your face look like an elephants gaping vagina.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Picked up a New 52 issue of Superman this month where he smashes Orion and Orion says "never been hit so hard in my immortal life". I'd say that must be pretty hard!!

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hard

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

infinite tons

PreCrisisFlea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard enough to take out Eternity or TLT with a right hook.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PowerWoman
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: lol,i know what your mean

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

New 52 version can hit so hard that it shakes an entire planet

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, H'El took the planet shaking punch and yawn. I'm not sure but I hope he gets a backstory or something.

iamthenight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good video explaining what would happen if Superman punched you,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fL8zopddI

Eloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll assume that he travels at 99% the speed of light, as anything with matter cannot surpass the speed of light.

let's say he punched you at this velocity...

He can carry 200 quintillion pounds with a single arm and punch dementions apart.

So if his fist weighs 300g,

-he would generate 190 quadrillion joules of force, about as much as 45 megatons of tnt

-he would burn 45 trillion calories

-it would generate 80 trillion kelvin of heat, 5 million times hotter than the core of our sun,

-he'd punch you in 54 nanoseconds,so you would literally not see it coming

-his punch would create nuclear fusion and become a particle beam, melting you at the atomic level, turning you into quark-gluon plasma.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always figured he could easily vaporize a human being with one punch.

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Pretty much an infinite mss strike he punched through the boundaries of space and time, split moons, destroyed planets, if he can sneese away a universe he can definetely punch one, also:

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowatchesthewatchmen: you are talking about sa superman, and he sneezed a solar system, and he was hit by mr mxy's sneeze magic or whatever, normal humans infected with this could sneeze cars away, normal humans, imagine superman with this enhanced sneezing,

Anyway measuring sa supes power is redundant anyway, he has much higher ones.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t worry, one punch from Supes is more than enough for you.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It increases every time Lobdell writes.

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Superman can punch harder than anyone else ever has, ever could, ever can or ever will.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limpoyzloan: yep,who take big bang,faster than infinity,lift our entire universe weight

just too crazy

When did he lift the weight of our entire universe?

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the near total strength that the strongest Superman has ever shown? Multiversal+, maybe Metaversal+ with potential.

Post-Crisis could harm characters with comparable durability. Make him Stellar+ in strength, likely more.

New 52 tanked a Black Hole bigger than SuperDoom, which implies ALOT in terms of Durability. Which in turn might scale to him in strength iirc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From least to most powerful, shall we...

Effortlessly hits Lobo into space and through a spaceship that was later stated to be the size of a small moon. Hits WW from the Sun all the way back to Earth in FTL speeds (somehow); it takes light around 8 minutes to cover that distance but Maxwell Lord confirmed the entire fight lasted under 2.

Planet shaking

Both Pre and Post-Flashpoint incarnations of Superman have made the entire planet shake with their punches.

Moon splitting

Claims his punch would have split a moon, and it's actually been proven he can accomplish just that. This should tell you something about Supes' claims, he's generally not one to boast. Regarding the last feat, given the narration and how the moon is drawn, it's probably Rhea, Saturn's second largest moon after Titan.

Moon busting

Performs his own version of the Infinite Mass Punch and obliterates a replicate
Performs his own version of the Infinite Mass Punch and obliterates a replicate "Shadow" Moon that was traveling at extreme speeds.

Planet busting

It's been stated multiple times by him and other characters that he is able to destroy planets with his hits, Clark has even claimed that his cousin Supergirl can basically do the same thing, he has threatened the Elemental Giants with destroying the world and they have believed him, and in his very early days as Superman he was able to one shot a creature with the strength of a planet (make of that what you will). He might have never destroyed a planet on panel, but given the power level in which he operates, the above statements and his character, it's fairly reasonable to assume he could if he wanted to.

Solar System shaking (which would be way above multi-planet busting)

I know this is a bit dubious.

Bekka the New God, and wife of Orion reveals in a conversation with Batman that the fight between Superman and Darkseid rocked the entire Solar System (Superman/Batman #40, Sep 2007).
Bekka the New God, and wife of Orion reveals in a conversation with Batman that the fight between Superman and Darkseid rocked the entire Solar System (Superman/Batman #40, Sep 2007).

The fight which she is referring to is this one:

Judging from the fight itself, if Bekka's statement is literal the Solar System shaking punches were those two at the end that incapacitated Darkseid. Given Darkseid’s power level and durability I don't think it's too outlandish to believe that this kind of strength is required to KO him in just two punches, while also breaking his skin in such a manner. Even Superman himself has sometimes survived multi planet busting blunt force trauma, like in the aforementioned Shadow Moon feat, with the speed that it was hurling towards the Earth it would have been able to completely devastate the planet 661 times over. Also remember, Superman has hurt and/or staggered insanely powerful foes, with his physical strikes alone, i.e. the Quantum Mechanic, Mordu, Dominus and more.

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: What's happening on those last two pages in the fight with Darkseid? It looks like Superman warps to the Source Wall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Moon Buster at best. Not a planet buster and certainly not above that.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Buster at best. Not a planet buster and certainly not above that.

How about a planetoid?

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themultiversity: Planetoids are big asteroids, they are smaller than most moons, I think the word you are looking for is dwarf planet, they too can be smaller than moons, especially large ones, one of the most famous dwarf planets for example, Pluto, is smaller than our moon.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Foneybone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shadow moon was going to destroy earth, so for Superman to counter its force and destroy it his punch would have to be at the very least planetary level.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themultiversity: Planetoids are big asteroids, they are smaller than most moons, I think the word you are looking for is dwarf planet, they too can be smaller than moons, especially large ones, one of the most famous dwarf planets for example, Pluto, is smaller than our moon.

@themultiversity: DarkHoudini beat me to it.

Fair enough.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shadow moon was going to destroy earth, so for Superman to counter its force and destroy it his punch would have to be at the very least planetary level.

He was travelling below the speed of light which logically increases your striking power by a large margin.

No Caption Provided

Also Shadow Moon could destroy the planet by crashing into it and the Earth would just take too much damage and it would be destroyed. Plus it was traveling to the planet and considering the fact that it was extremely big, it can move at high speeds so it has given momentum to increase it's damage output.

================================================================================

You can say Clark unleashed beyond planetary force because after the destruction he was KO'd and not even planetary explosion was enough KO Clark, yet this did. However the problem is, he was still travelling under the speed of light while preforming that feat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foneybone1 said:

He was travelling below the speed of light which logically increases your striking power by a large margin.

No Caption Provided

Also Shadow Moon could destroy the planet by crashing into it and the Earth would just take too much damage and it would be destroyed. Plus it was traveling to the planet and considering the fact that it was extremely big, it can move at high speeds so it has given momentum to increase it's damage output.

================================================================================

You can say Clark unleashed beyond planetary force because after the destruction he was KO'd and not even planetary explosion was enough KO Clark, yet this did. However the problem is, he was still travelling under the speed of light while preforming that feat.

The destructive output of Clark in that feat was moon busting, the moon's durability was always the same, but due to the the Shadow Moon's high speed and the first law of thermodynamics, which states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, the resulting "kickback" that Supes had to survive was multi-planet busting, specifically enough to destroy the Earth 661 times over. So, it's a moon busting striking strength feat, but a multi-planet busting durability feat.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By KrleAvenger

@darkhoudini: Yes I never denied it but that explosion still KO'd him which means he does not have multi planet busting durability. He has planetary durability when it comes to energy attacks and pretty high durability when it comes to blunt force as well.

But surviving =/= tanking. He did not tank it. The feat is useless. Superman already survived a super nova but it KO'd him. Not sure hot it is capable of destroying Earth 661 times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Oh yea, he didn't tank it sure, but he wasn't atomized either, I doubt many characters would have survived so well given it was mostly blunt force directed at his face. All I'm saying is that if that's the kind of power needed to KO him then it's not the low showing everyone makes it out to be.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: Yes it is far from being a low showing and it will be difficult to take him down via energy projection. However, it is clear that his energy resistance is more impressive than his resistance against blunt force attacks which is a common thing to see in comic books.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yea I agree, comic writers can pretty much attribute any level of power they want to energy attacks, while blunt force can't really be "contained", I don't think I ever seen a character survive something like a punch which for example sends them though multiple planets, destroying them.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Who do you think in Marvel or DC actually has multi-planet busting durability or above?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: What tier they have to be? Teambusters or below? Like Heralds and High Tiers? And are we talking about energy resistance or blunt force durability?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Blunt force. I don't think there is anyone below Herald level who has this kind of durability, you're welcome to educate me though.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini: Quasar's constructs laughed at the combined power of Top Powerhouses of the Marvel Universe but I doubt the force was beyond planetary. Surfer didn't even feel attacks from Morals Off Thor but I doubt those strikes were full on planet busting strikes and even if they were, it is planet busting durability at best. I can't think of anyone at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers