Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Supermanfan1938

How do you prefer the conflict between Supes and Manhattan go? A brawl would make a lot of people upset but a pseudo intellectual Talk no Jutsu discussion wouldn't be that great either (Johns isn't the smartest writer imo, he's a simple fanboy at heart).

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer a game of madden or mortal kombat 11.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talk no Jutsu

Brawl

Talk No Jutsu

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A regular fight just won't happen. I don't see how it could happen.

My guess is that there might be some initial aggression based around a misunderstanding (like so much comic book violence) but that they won't actually trade blows.

You can punch Manhattan, as Guy Gardiner showed in Issue 9 (I think), but he doesn't stay punched. There's little point in a real fight.

Personally I'd prefer to see some good dialogue between the two.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZariusII

I see Manhattan altering history perhaps one more time to bring back Clark's parents as his reward for a convincing argument..however, I don't think the world will go back to trusting Superman at the end of the story and that'll be our status quo post-Doomsday Clock as the heroes have to find a way of restoring public trust and faith in them

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

Manhattan reveals that he was the one who got Lois Pregnant thereby being Jon's true father, Lois dies from the cancer there and then, and then Dr. Manhattan kills Superman by making him explode. And we all live happily ever after

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My frustration at the very concept of this stupid event has my back in knots. Johns has done this meta commentary on dark stories so many times already. What makes me mad (aside from repeating himself) is that now he's using the Watchmen to do it, despite the fact that that story is a cautionary tale against dark stories. He's throwing them under the bus, regardless at how much he lies about being a fan. What makes it even worse is how he writes the characters. It's the difference between watching a pro play, and some freshman in highschool. Yare Yare, rot in hells Johns.

To answer the question, a fight would be stupid, and it'll most likely come down to a conversation. The only way I would accept this book to end is if both side acknowledge the importance of the other. Neither side is completely in the right or in the wrong... but this event is still stupid and it should have been Mr. Mxy.

To see why read this- https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/what-if-what-caused-rebirth-was-1811244/

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard said:

Manhattan reveals that he was the one who got Lois Pregnant thereby being Jon's true father, Lois dies from the cancer there and then, and then Dr. Manhattan kills Superman by making him explode. And we all live happily ever after

Aww, look at the little salt shaker, he's trying to be all edgy/contrarian again. How cute.

And people wonder why we throw N52 fans under the bus as much as we do. No maturity or class about them whatsoever.

Maybe when they turn five years old they'll be easier to manage.

Avatar image for legendarykal-el
LegendaryKal-El

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: but Superman’s parents are still alive.

In DCeased his mom and Dad are still around somehow

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard

@zariusii said:

Aww, look at the little salt shaker, he's trying to be all edgy/contrarian again. How cute.

And people wonder why we throw N52 fans under the bus as much as we do. No maturity or class about them whatsoever.

Maybe when they turn five years old they'll be easier to manage.

Like flies to shit I knew you'd be the person to take my comment seriously and get super annoyed and ignore my actual comment on the subject matter. Because god knows you can't debate me on actual substance so you have to try and attack me for a joke.