DOOMSDAY CLOCK

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Dr. Manhattan vs SUPERMAN in a standalone thematically rich clash of the ages.

A story pondered by Geoff Johns for a while after Rebirth special #1. The impetus of which was the results of the US election but this is more an exploration on the state of the world and humanity today.

Told through pitting the Watchmen universe against DC using their two most prominent essence, Dr. Manhattan and Superman. (Apparently Superman is the reason Dr. Manhattan took curiosity in the DC Universe EEEEEEP!!!!)

Geoff Johns calls it DOOMSDAY CLOCK. He says the name has been chosen for the ominous associations it will raise in Comic readers ;) of course with allusions to both Watchmen and Superman history.

You know what, i'll just let you read The Interview.

No Caption Provided

FINALLY!

A DC universe shaking standalone with SUPERMAN at it's heart, the subject matter of which promises to be one of the most IMPORTANT Superman stories ever told!!

This the same month He comes back in the movies to a world collectively inspired, to spread hope for a better tomorrow! (If you have any snarky comments towards this statement, i implore you, just on this thread, keep them to yourself please. Thank you :) Lets try to be like Superman)

And GARY FRANK, possibly my favourite Superman artist!!!

No Caption Provided

Also, have i mentioned i LOVE Geoff Johns. yeah, I LOOOOOVE HIM!!!!

P.S- Geoff and Gary both affirm this is not a sequel nor will it touch or change anything about Watchmen. They love that book. This is something new. Gary's words according to his twitter, "Doesn't even have to be considered Watchmen Canon." Just incase anyone was on edge.

Personally, The prospect that SUPERMAN is the one who might lead the resigned God Dr.M to have a better world view. Actually the fact that he's the focus of this kind of story at all has me bouncing of the walls!

TheNomadicOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheNomadicOne

THIS IS GONNA BE CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Color me hyped.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Hahaha TOTALLY!!! And happy coincidence, these are the exact images i tweeted out with the promo pic, well i used the 'Im tired of this world panel' but still! :D Perfect juxtaposition!

@thenomadicone said:

THIS IS GONNA BE CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Superman and Manhattan will meet, and blah blah blah Superman will give him a hope speech blah blah blah Manhattan will be all like "it doesn't matter" blah blah blah more hope speech and then blah blah blah Manhattan realizes he was wrong blah. If this thing plays out the way I think it will (as some lazy attempt at meta commentary that blames the Watchmen for Dark Stories). this entire thing will be the equivalent of a roll of toilet paper.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If the story is about Dr. Manhattan and Superman, then why is there a Doomsday in the title?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the story is about Dr. Manhattan and Superman, then why is there a Doomsday in the title?

The Doomsday Clock is an actual thing, and it was a big aspect of the original Watchment story.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard said:

Superman and Manhattan will meet, and blah blah blah Superman will give him a hope speech blah blah blah Manhattan will be all like "it doesn't matter" blah blah blah more hope speech and then blah blah blah Manhattan realizes he was wrong blah. If this thing plays out the way I think it will (as some lazy attempt at meta commentary that blames the Watchmen for Dark Stories). this entire thing will be the equivalent of a roll of toilet paper.

Even bog roll is more recyclable than your pessimistic cliched posts oh wannabe edgelord.

Keep proving you don't actually read Superman for anything fundamentally appealing about the character.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
@saintwildcard said:

Keep proving you don't read Superman for anything fundimental about the character fake fan

If you read my response, you'd see I have a bigger problem with them throwing the Watchmen under the bus than Superman fixing it with a hope speech (although I'm not a fan of that trope, nor the power of love trope. And no, using the the defense you just used isn't a good reason for lazy story telling). But then again, you never were a bright one. I was first a fan of the story Watchmen before I ever was of Superman. (heck, I just paid 120 bucks to have the entire set)

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone want to bet on how much of Watchmen Johns will retcon while still claiming to be a massive fan?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Admittedly when I saw the word Doomsday I groaned.

TheNomadicOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNomadicOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is your guy's hope for this event? Or what questions do you want to be answered.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The teaser image itself looks like horrible fan art and somehow this doesn't excite me at all, at least for now.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let it be something more than talk-no-jutsu...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh oh I can't wait