Discussing the Superman related Rebirth titles.

• 72 results
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

I see some pretty exciting titles.

For those who haven't seen the line-up. Here are the Superman titles:

• ACTION COMICS #957
  • SUPERMAN #1
  • THE SUPER-MAN #1
  • SUPERGIRL #1
  • SUPERWOMAN #1
  • SUPER SONS #1

Based on rumors, Superwoman could be about Lois Lane gaining super-powers and The Super-man about Lex Luthor. While the Super-Sons, I bet is a team up title with Damian Wayne and Jonathan Kent or Jon and Kon.

Its a pretty strong opening salvo. With the core family out in the open.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@squalleon: Lex as the Super Man seems likely going by the orginal concept for that story and the recent picture floating about of Lex in a Superman suit. I hear Meredith Finch is on Superwoman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Lex as the Super Man seems likely going by the orginal concept for that story and the recent picture floating about of Lex in a Superman suit. I hear Meredith Finch is on Superwoman.

Lex given a title will be a great addition.

I hear Finch's WW run was awful but she is still a newbie and WW was a very big project with certainly much editorial interference. Until Fall there is plenty of time but I am cautiously excited about Superwoman.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By darkman61288

Fake someone on CBR made the solicits up. The titles are real. And most likely Superwoman is about Lois with Superpowers but we still don't for sure.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: Make sure you delete the quote or put it in Spoiler block. People are gonna read the fake solicits and not see your comment below saying they are fake

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the most interested in The Super Man but it really comes down to creative teams.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I hear Finch's WW run was awful but she is still a newbie and WW was a very big project with certainly much editorial interference. Until Fall there is plenty of time but I am cautiously excited about Superwoman.

I'm concerned about Finch too but hopefully Johns and co steer her in the right direction.

I am the most interested in The Super Man but it really comes down to creative teams.

Brian Azzarello baby! I'm just excited because of his previous take on the character, which i'm a fan of.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayne93: oh man, Azz on that book would be azzmazing...

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Curious about the new titles

Still wish the main book had a different writer. I'd love to see Lemire write Supes

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayne93 said:
@squalleon said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I'm concerned about Finch too but hopefully Johns and co steer her in the right direction.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Brian Azzarello baby! I'm just excited because of his previous take on the character, which i'm a fan of.

The solicits were fake. Azzarello won't do the Super-man. And Finch won't do Superwoman.

Its just silly fake solicits a CBR poster made and it suddenly explode.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well I can still hope for Azz on a Luthor book

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That's half depressing. Really wanted Azzarello on a Lex book again.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Squalleon

Curious about the new titles

Still wish the main book had a different writer. I'd love to see Lemire write Supes

He is in a Marvel exclusive unfortunately. I would really like to see King on Supes, but to be honest, everyone would like to see King write their favorite hero considering his strike. Other than that, I really haven't seen anyone who I immediately thought, "he must write Supes".

On the other hand, I have a plethora of artists I think they should tackle Supes!

I would also love an all-ages Superman title in the vain of Superman Adventures by McCloud and Millar. Which imo, was one of the high points of the character's modern history.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kayne93 said:

@squalleon: That's half depressing. Really wanted Azzarello on a Lex book again.

Me too. But I find it completely improbable. With Azz's current creator-owned, TDKIII etc.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I don't think he's exclusive because right now he has a bunch of other books at other companies

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Squalleon

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@squalleon: I don't think he's exclusive because right now he has a bunch of other books at other companies

Exclusive contracts stop the writer for doing work for hire for other companies, and if the company has a sub-division like Dc has Vertigo, they limit them to publish their creator owned through that subsidiary. But Marvel doesn't.

He signed an exclusive alongside Sorrentino a few weeks before Old man Logan was announced.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Right but he's also working for Image and Dark Horse, and I believe he's still signed on to do the next volume of Teen Titans Earth One

I'll go look into it. Sure would suck since I think his best work has been at DC

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon: Right but he's also working for Image and Dark Horse, and I believe he's still signed on to do the next volume of Teen Titans Earth One

I'll go look into it. Sure would suck since I think his best work has been at DC

He does his creator owned in Image and DH, not work for hire, Since marvel doesn't have a Vertigo kind subsidiary.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/11/yes-folks-jeff-lemire-has-signed-with-marvel-but/

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jonny_anonymous said:

@kayne93 said:

Me too. But I find it completely improbable. With Azz's current creator-owned, TDKIII etc.

Thirded both on Azz for a Lex book and the improbability of it actually happening. That's one post rebirth DCU title I would pick up. Loved Cornell's Black Ring stint with Lex as the protagonist.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does his creator owned in Image and DH, not work for hire, Since marvel doesn't have a Vertigo kind subsidiary.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/11/yes-folks-jeff-lemire-has-signed-with-marvel-but/

He does work for hire at Valiant.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By dernman

THE SUPER-MAN #1

I hate what this suggests. Not sure if it's Lex but I do not want to see a super powered Lex. I barley tolerate an armored one.

SUPERWOMAN #1

Please don't give Lois powers.

SUPER SONS #1

NOOOOO!!!

Ugh they're over saturating the concept again. Give us some conceptual diversity in the Super universe and stop giving powers to those who shouldn't have them.

What happened to getting back to basics?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

He does work for hire at Valiant.

Maybe he does it the same way King will do Vision until it ends. He was already contracted about doing it.

Anyway, usually exclusive's work that way, hence why they are exclusives :P

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: If I remember right Lemire started Bloodshot after he signed on at Marvel.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: If I remember right Lemire started Bloodshot after he signed on at Marvel.

Mmm, I don't know. But if he did sign an exclusive then I don't see him working with DC, otherwise what's the point?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still no Blue Lantern Kal-El.

*looks at the floor, kicks empty can*

:(

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I really hope Super Sons is Kon-El and Jonathan Kent. Kon-El has been screwed over way too much in new 52.

Also hoping The Super-Man isn't an evil Superman comic. We have enough of that with Injustice.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm weirdly excited that they're going back to the original numbering for Action Comics.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Squalleon

I really hope Super Sons is Kon-El and Jonathan Kent. Kon-El has been screwed over way too much in new 52.

Also hoping The Super-Man isn't an evil Superman comic. We have enough of that with Injustice.

Kon is definitely one of the Teen heroes behind the curtain of Rebirth (see the Geoff Johns video).

The Super-man is rumored to be Lex.

I'm weirdly excited that they're going back to the original numbering for Action Comics.

Why weirdly? Its awesome. Finally a series will hit issue 1000. Its gonna be a milestone, a celebration of American comics history.

I always new they would do it though....too big of a money-maker to pass up.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Why weirdly? Its awesome. Finally a series will hit issue 1000. Its gonna be a milestone, a celebration of American comics history.

I always new they would do it though....too big of a money-maker to pass up.

I'm weirdly excited because it's just a number yet it has me so hyped lol

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I hope you are right because DC hasn't acted like Kon is an essential member of the TT (or even the Superman family).

I think I'd be cool if the Super-Man was about Lex. Weird that they wouldn't put his name in the title. It'd also he weird if he's wearing the S since Clark hates Lex.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By infantfinite128

I'm so excited to see Action comics and Detective Comics back to their original numbering. I know it's just a number, but saying this character has 1000 issues is awesome. I hope they also say how many issues they've been in total when that's released. It just shows how great Batman and Superman are to be around so long.

I don't have any interest in the New 52 outside of Grant Morrison's Batman Inc and Snyder's Batman, so I don't know about this Lois powers stuff. I really hope they bring back Superman's marriage to Lois back. Bring back Wally and Iris' marriage and Arthur and Mera's marriage back too.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I hope you are right because DC hasn't acted like Kon is an essential member of the TT (or even the Superman family).

I think I'd be cool if the Super-Man was about Lex. Weird that they wouldn't put his name in the title. It'd also he weird if he's wearing the S since Clark hates Lex.

No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yeah, I saw that but still. It'd be like Joker dressing up like Batman and Bruce not doing anything about it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so excited to see Action comics and Detective Comics back to their original numbering. I know it's just a number, but saying this character has 1000 issues is awesome. I hope they also say how many issues they've been in total when that's released. It just shows how great Batman and Superman are to be around so long.

Its not just a number, its making history!

The first four digit American Super-hero Comic by either Marvel or DC. Another milestone Superman will reach first! Those four digits to happen, are the result of hard work by a huge number of creators that kept Superman alive!

Its a milestone for the whole industry :D

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just mean that Action Comics would've reached 1000 issues regardless is all lol even if they restarted the numbering at #999, that next issue, #1, would still be the 1000th issue.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just mean that Action Comics would've reached 1000 issues regardless is all lol even if they restarted the numbering at #999, that next issue, #1, would still be the 1000th issue.

They won't randomly restart at 957. They added the N52 issues on the old numbering (904).

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

They won't randomly restart at 957. They added the N52 issues on the old numbering (904).

I know lol

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I know lol

Still. Its nice to see the number because it is a number with historic value.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon:

True, I was just expecting them to have a special renumbering for action comics 100 as action comics 1000 with a cover of post-crisis Superman though

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Its not just a number, its making history!

The first four digit American Super-hero Comic by either Marvel or DC. Another milestone Superman will reach first! Those four digits to happen, are the result of hard work by a huge number of creators that kept Superman alive!

Its a milestone for the whole industry :D

Yes, but we've already crossed 1,000 Superman issues and it's not like Action Comics is a single continuity, so that's why I'm just saying it's just a number. Like I said, it's still awesome and I hope they include the total number of Superman issues Superman has had when celebrating Superman 1,000!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but we've already crossed 1,000 Superman issues and it's not like Action Comics is a single continuity, so that's why I'm just saying it's just a number. Like I said, it's still awesome and I hope they include the total number of Superman issues Superman has had when celebrating Superman 1,000!

AC will be the first ever series to reach issue 1000, Superman never did (except if you mean the character, which is a weird comparison). Continuity comes and goes, AC has been going on for 80 years, that's the celebration.

And AC will reach issue 1000 for the first time, the number includes the issues AC had in all continuities (pre crisis, pre flashpoint, new52). AC is literally linked to the heart of Super-hero comics. Being the first title to reach 1000 is another milestone for the title that changed the American comics industry.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Super-Man being about Lex would be interesting. I think one of these books is going to be about the Pre New 52 Superman.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By infantfinite128

@squalleon: I meant the character of Superman, and I don't know why that was weird. That seemed kind of rude, but whatever. I was really excited about this, but I'm bailing on this coversation. I rather associate Action Comics 1000 as a day of joy and my love for Superman, and not argumentation.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I meant the character of Superman, and I don't know why that was weird. That seemed kind of rude, but whatever. I was really excited about this, but I'm bailing on this coversation. I rather associate Action Comics 1000 as a day of joy and my love for Superman, and not argumentation.

I didn't mean to be rude. But comparing the character to a single title is an apples and oranges situation.

You are way easily offended :P

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By infantfinite128

@squalleon: I wasn't offended. I just thought you were trying to start an argument with me, so I figured I'd end it. Glad that wasn't the case!

I honestly just didn't understand, but I appreciate your insight! :)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I wasn't offended. I just thought you were trying to start an argument with me, so I figured I'd end it. Glad that wasn't the case!

I honestly just didn't understand, but I appreciate your insight!

Oh, sorry, I did misunderstand too :)

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: No worries my friend! Now, thanks to you, I can have a better appreciation for Detective Comics 1000 too! Although, like you said, it won't be as important as AC 1000. Although, as a life-long Batman fan it will be important to me! :)