CW's "Superman and Lois"

• 72 results
Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The CW is going to save Jon Kent from post-Bendis comic-book limbo. I hope.

Avatar image for captainsnart008
CaptainSnart008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl is already more Superman lite than she ever was in the comics, complete with stealing his stories and job as a journalist. Going to be hard to differentiate the two. Though maybe Supergirl isn't going to last much longer.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So this is basically gonna be a Lois & Clark re-run except with a worse Lois, a more pathetic Clark, dumber plots as per the CW and playing second fiddle to Supergirl pretty much stealing/messing up all of Superman's lore?

And it's not like Lois & Clark was The Wire of superhero shows or anything but nevetheless I have exceedingly low expectations of this for now.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear Bendis is supposedly going to write the show

Germandog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZariusII

@marvelanddcfan24: That would not surprise me, I'm fully expecting an aged-up Jon and Lois to work more independently from Clark and rely more on him for pillow talk than have any domestically blissful duties as a wife and mother.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By SaintWildcard

Oh god. I found these two to be insufferable in Elseworld, whoever approved this pilot needs to get demoted. It's ironic, that a few months ago we hear that the DC App passed on an animated show about this same concept. I obviously don't care about it getting made, but if I had to choose the other seemed like a much better show, and it doesn't have the stank of this Superman and Lois

EDIT- You know what would be hilarious? If they passed on the cartoon to make the show. That would just be delicious

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is basically gonna be a Lois & Clark re-run except with a worse Lois, a more pathetic Clark, dumber plots as per the CW and playing second fiddle to Supergirl pretty much stealing/messing up all of Superman's lore?

And it's not like Lois & Clark was The Wire of superhero shows or anything but nevetheless I have exceedingly low expectations of this for now.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard: Well the cartoon would have had elements like the Superman of China and other things plucked from the overall lore besides just Rebirth, the designs for the series didn't impress me all that much though. It was as if they'd secretly hired mass perv John K for it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

@zariusii said:

@saintwildcard: Well the cartoon would have had elements like the Superman of China and other things plucked from the overall lore besides just Rebirth, the designs for the series didn't impress me all that much though. It was as if they'd secretly hired mass perv John K for it.

Isn't that something that you would want? Keep in mind, it also comes with Supersons, which this likely wasn't going to be on the CW one given that Batman is still hands off for them. On paper, it just seems more ripe with potential. Less budgetary restraints and access to the full DC catalog without the restrictions of the CW-verse

The only design I hated from the bunch was how Damian was drawn. Gave me Porky Pig vibes. Outside of that it was an interesting style I guess.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the announcement of this, I guess it's official that Cavill isn't going to be returning as Superman anytime soon in a solo movie. Oh well I guess, c'est la vie.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I would have liked them to have took the designs more seriously. Having something 'quirky' is fine, but it would have appealed more to the Teen Titans Go crowd. On one hand, yeah, having all those elements in an animated world without CW restriction is the preffered option, but I don't see why it can't just be like Young Justice animation. It seems more and more DC want that kind of style to be only for mature audiences, and everything else they feed to the kids has to look dorky.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By christianrapper

@orangebat: there is no way that you can say any of that since you have not seen any of the shows.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: I have. What's the matter, you mad that not everyone likes garbage?

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: what superman and lois show have you seen? You are lying.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SaintWildcard

@zariusii: Depending on what it's going for, I don't think the animation of YJ would have fit honestly. But then again, I'm not overly impressed with how YJ draws Superman in particular. I would just hope the show is better than something like JLA, which even as a comedic show was kinda lackluster. Maybe kids thought it was hilarious I guess, I dunno. But art is subjective, so if you don't like it, you don't like it.

All in all, how do you actually feel about this? If they keep the Supergirl writers away and actually get a good staff (like the writers from Legends S2), it could be decent.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Lois & Clark, Smallville, Superman: The Animated Series, these versions of Superman and Lois in Supergirl, etc, really son, you're too short for this ride so don't even start.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: that response makes no sense. Those series have jack to do with the cw series. It has not even come out yet. You can’t call a series garbage before it even comes out.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: If they retain the Supergirl writers, there could be better connective tissue, I do worry about the dangers of spreading them thiny across that and Supergirl though, it could lead to burn out and the quality on one show being stronger than the other, so hopefully it's just a couple of veterans peppered with ones that could be shifted from Legends and some new guns too. Perhaps also get in guest writers from DC, the way Geoff Johns occasionally wrote for Smallville.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OrangeBat

@christianrapper said:

@orangebat: that response makes no sense. Those series have jack to do with the cw series. It has not even come out yet. You can’t call a series garbage before it even comes out.

You asked what Superman and Lois shows I've seen and before that accused me of not seeing any of the shows. I answered that you were spewing nonsense. If that wasn't what you meant, you should've phrased it better.

And yes, I absolutely can call out a series for likely not being very good based upon early impressions and what they are working with. If I'm wrong, it will be a miracle.

As I said, you're too short for this ride. Time to step away.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: no I don’t. I was specifically talking about the cw shows. The past shows have nothing to do with the current cw show.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, such a brilliant idea! Let's give a show to the most inept Superman ever to be on screens!

Really, he is already a second rate hero compared to Supergirl - and he himself confirmed it. His lore is rewritten to suit her as well.

Tyler Hoechlin doesn't look like Superman - no height, no face, little to no charisma or presence to fill a screen. His So-soman is pretty much embodiment of all stupid stereotypes about Kal-El without much of backbone. Its show going to be on CW, for god's sake!

Sigh...

They could have revived Smallville. "Smallville: 10 years later" or something along such lines. Welling isn't doing too well this days, would have probably agreed to play Supes now. Or Routh' Supes. While SR was incarnation of boredness, character itself deserves second chance imo.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shots of the Super-Family in this trailer for Crisis

Loading Video...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SaintWildcard
No Caption Provided

The chad Superman showing him who's boss

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SanoHibiki

^ Such pleasant image.)

Sigh... I would have watched TV about Routh's older Superman (even if it's CW).

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard: He's getting a show with the Super-fam by his side, and Kingdom Cuck is likely going to be killed off or have his entire earth wiped out...

Yeah, you're not bitter at all are you?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SaintWildcard
@zariusii said:

@saintwildcard: He's getting a show with the Super-fam by his side, and Kingdom Cuck is likely going to be killed off or have his entire earth wiped out...

Yeah, you're not bitter at all are you?

Loading Video...

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

From what is referenced here, I think it's very likely Jon will be aged up somehow by the end of this event to tie into Superman/Lois

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard I was just ribbing you by the way dude, we're all cool cats, even if I do let my preferences get the better of me

This is more like it...

No Caption Provided

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ZariusII
ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SaintWildcard

@zariusii: Yare yare, performance wise, both ROuth and Welling exuded a confident energy that felt effortless, rather than Tyler who is a boy trying to pretend to be a man.

I'm honestly surprised they even went as far as to kill his Lois. I expected it to be KC in name only. Granted, there's no wonder WOman, but still. I grinned when he mentioned his kid from Returns.

I had read a possible spoiler that Routh was going to be on a whole nother level. That fight, despite that he won, wasn't as one sided as I expected, but I wonder if we'll see that spoiler scene in a future episode since the showrunner confirmed that all three Supermen will meet.

I get a feeling that KC Superman is going to get knocked out down the line, and Superboy is going to have to take his slot. Kinda like how they did with Batman. I'm miffed that Superman isn't the Hope paragon. He should be, and just give the Truth title to Supergirl since she's ther WOnder WOman stand in.

EDIT- Also, his Lois was straight up thirsty for the other two.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZariusII
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: well... at least it's a better death than the comics, as well as them all dying.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll post it when I get a chance (unless someone else will do it for me), but a rough script leaked, and well... its rough in more ways than one, yikes.i half expect the kids to dab

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: pilot. Here's a link to the tweet with the script

https://mobile.twitter.com/gjkcentral/status/1261785901253849088

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: pilot. Here's a link to the tweet with the script

https://mobile.twitter.com/gjkcentral/status/1261785901253849088

Lmao. That's amazing.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ZariusII

@saintwildcard Oof, Tik-Tok? This'll date it. Chances are that'll have gone belly up by the time this show even airs.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

@saintwildcard Oof, Tik-Tok? This'll date it. Chances are that'll have gone belly up by the time this show even airs.

Rumors vary on how old it is, some say a year old, others say it's from January, either way it's agreed that this is a super rough script, so who knows how much has stayed in

ParagonxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ParagonxXx

Brandon Routh's Superman from Crisis should have gotten his own show, not this. They chose the wrong Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So speculation is that they will be having a Luthor from an alternate Earth be this show's Lex, and he may be black. There's probably multiple reasons for why they want a brand new Lex for the role.

-Cryer's run is probably near completion

-Having it be an alternate version of Lex allows for a fresh feeling to him

I also think that having a new Lex means they'll have less baggage and can just do whatever. The only thing that bugs me is that Supergirl got to waste Superman's most iconic villain on itself. So the new series doesn't get to have the version he has the most history with.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cryer's Lex has been hit and miss with me. Often times he has these great acting moments where he's actually intimidating, and other times they make him a cornball. Is he better than Eisenberg? Yes, by a long shot, but that's not a high bar to jump. So while Supergirl's usage of him may annoy me, there's way too many pros to them bringing in a new version