Batman or Superman: Who is more popular?

• 162 results
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Batman and Superman. Superman and Batman. Two of the greatest superheroes of all time. Everyone knows who they are, how they do things, who the fight, and what they fight for. With the millions of fans out there, just who is the more popular one?  

The Man of Steel or The Dark Knight?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Primmaster64

Superman is the most known Superhero, everyone knows who he is...But Bats unfortunatly is more popular.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Calvin

People like more what TV tells them to like. So they like Batman better.  

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By Dracade102

Superman is more well known, but Batman has a bigger fan base

HannibalKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HannibalKing

Yeah, I'd say Batman is more popular, I think he just has certain advantages over Superman in today's world.

1) Batman is a human being. I'd say there is bias in his favor there. Of course, he's not as human as people like to think, considering a lot of his feats, but hey, this is the comic book world.

2) People are a lot more cynical now, so I'd say they'd gravitate more towards Batman than Superman. Heck, Superman being "too good" is right up there with Superman being "too overpowered" as to why people dislike Superman.

3) Batman's like a super-ninja. Everyone loves ninja.

But hey, these are just my opinions, maybe they're wrong.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad
@HannibalKing said:
" Yeah, I'd say Batman is more popular, I think he just has certain advantages over Superman in today's world. 1) Batman is a human being. I'd say there is bias in his favor there. Of course, he's not as human as people like to think, considering a lot of his feats, but hey, this is the comic book world. 2) People are a lot more cynical now, so I'd say they'd gravitate more towards Batman than Superman. Heck, Superman being "too good" is right up there with Superman being "too overpowered" as to why people dislike Superman. 3) Batman's like a super-ninja. Everyone loves ninja.  But hey, these are just my opinions, maybe they're wrong. "
I agree. I still favor Supes though. But yeah this quoted post pretty much sums it all up on why Bats is more popular... 

I might want to add.. Some non-Americans prefer Batman cause Superman is "too American" for them... Truth, Justice and the American way kinda stuff. Just as Spidey is preferred (plus being relatable like Bats) over Captain America.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Superman but they are clsoe

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

I'd say Superman, but not by much.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone
@Dracade102 said:
" Superman is more well known, but Batman has a bigger fan base "
conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By conformist21

people know superman more but like batman better

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tensor

superman is a icon an the most popular comic icon ever created

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superguy1591

Everyone knows Big Blue. He's the most iconic character in comicbooks, but thanks to Nolan and Burton Batman has been more popular. 

Superman was great in the late 70s early 80s, but people refuse to let go off the Donner movies which do not relate to a modern audience. Burton made Batman relevant in the 90s, then Nolan reinvented the character for the 2000s. Also, Batman is dark and broody which people seem to think is cool now a days, while Superman is bright and optimistic which people seem to think is "f@ggy"

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnny_spam

Batman is in my mind they should be equally popular but Batman is more popular then Superman.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vitality

Does it matter? 

They are two of DC's big three. It matters not who is more popular.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Vitality said:
" Does it matter?   They are two of DC's big three. It matters not who is more popular. "
To fanboys like me it's quite a big deal.. I don't know why.. It just is... Ehehehehehehehe!
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit1024
@Vitality: It doesn't matter to me, I was just wondering. I personally love them both the same. 
PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PumpkinBomb

"Batman" is the 187th most-visited Wikipedia page as of 2009. "Superman" is 1171st.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

Batman

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hoboseid

Batman by miles, fans, comics, video games, cartoons, block busting movies...way more followers and popular 
Superman is better known cos he's that iconic first red caped flying hero look, but he's so out of season and no longer in fashion. He's one old ass dusty icon who hangs out in old people's homes. Superman's best days of popularity where during the days when Hendrix, the Beatles were playing or when China first went Red or when Hitler was destroying Europe 
The coolness of Superman is part of the past, its like music your granny used to listen to but no kid would be caught dead listening to that stuff today

Superman has kinda got stale and lame. Smallville had an ok idea to go back to basics, revamp the image of Clark Kent and was doing ok in tv ratings but its one tiresome soap opera to watch  

Spidey and the Bat kill Superman, way more popular and way better writers 
plus Spidey and Batman got way better looking babes to hang out with 

oh yeah and Singer's Superman Returns was dreadful sh*t

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reactor

This isn't even a question. Superman is unarguably more popular and famous than Batman, despite Bats enormous popularity. Batman is famous, and his recent movies have spiked that indeed. But Superman is a bona fide American icon, and is without a doubt the most easily and universally recognized comic book character and superhero in the entire world.

He's an at least limitedly known figure in virtually every major and minor land in the world, from Russia to China to Israel to Afghanistan to Ireland to Australia to Egypt to almost anywhere else you can imagine. Superman is know nearly everywhere in the entire world. Outside the western civilization, Batman isn't.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By mrtrickster

at this time, batman.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I think it's a pretty good tie, some could say that Superman is more well known, but I think most people know who Batman is just as much as they know who Supes is. But I think if it comes to who do people like more, it's Batman, I mean he's Batman for crying out loud! xD

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brc2000
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Theodore

Bats at the end of the day.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Video_Martian

Out of the two, I prefer Bats ;) 

and yes, Batman is way more popular nowadays than Superman.

Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jodin20723

Superman most known.... Batman most Popular
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gambit1024
@brc2000: Neat chart 
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By ComicStooge

Batman is.
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Batman is more popular to the masses for multiple reasons. Superman on the other hand was in fact a shattered breaking power house until the fifties came around(thanks Frederic). Superman's popularity is went through the tubes for the public's misinterpretations and misunderstandings due to Superman's reputation/marketing from DC. Batman on the other hand has time on the lime light and gotten popular for how dark and grimm he is. Plus ask anyone why they like Batman and you'll get the generic answer "Because he has the best villians.".

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By IrishX

Batman. I also don't think Superman is more well known.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By WW-Fan

Superman is more known! Batman is more popular! sorry to say! i tottaly prefer Superman!.. i think Batman is way too much Overrated
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primmaster64
@WW-Fan said:
" Superman is more known! Batman is more popular! sorry to say! i tottaly prefer Superman!.. i think Batman is way too much Overrated "
AWESOME!!
mm24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mm24

it goes both ways, as of right now batman is more popular, but overall and throughout history superman is more popular.  and the recent movies have helped the bat.  but superman is a GLOBAL icon and a voice to everyone and the guys great for every generation. 
batmans good but he is not as legendary/iconic as superman, 
 supes sparked the comic book world without him there is not much of a batman, or any other comicbook superhero or villian  

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By batman_is_god

When I was young, it was Superman. Now it is Batman. It has always been one pr the other since they were created in the 30's. They are both still the top two though, and will probably switch places again soon (within a decade).
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gambit1024
@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:
" Batman is more popular to the masses for multiple reasons. Superman on the other hand was in fact a shattered breaking power house until the fifties came around(thanks Frederic). Superman's popularity is went through the tubes for the public's misinterpretations and misunderstandings due to Superman's reputation/marketing from DC. Batman on the other hand has time on the lime light and gotten popular for how dark and grimm he is. Plus ask anyone why they like Batman and you'll get the generic answer "Because he has the best villians.". "
Very good answer. That's part of the reason why I love Batman anyway. Joker, Two-Face, Bane, and Riddler are my favorite villains from DC. They just happen to all be Batman villains, lol. 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
@Gambit1024: No love for Supes =(?
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gambit1024
@Primmaster64: No, don't get me wrong! I love Big Blue, but Batman's got the better villains. All in all though, if I had to read one comic for the rest of my life between Batman and Superman, I'd pick Superman hands down. 
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Primmaster64
@Gambit1024: I say this kinds of stuff, because I'm pretty tired of Batman.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gambit1024
@Primmaster64: Understood. He's been kinda overexposed throughout the years... More so than Superman anyway.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Primmaster64
@Gambit1024: He has and Superman hasen't, he's barely shown anymore. When's the last time he had his own show?
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gambit1024
@Primmaster64: Starring Superman only? It's gotta be Superman TAS way back in the 90's. And even that didn't compare to what Batman had in the 90's. So depressing =/
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis
@WW-Fan:
And superman isnt overrated at al ?  just check the galactus vs silver age superman thread.and superman fans need to quit moaning on batmans popularity,supes has had plenty of exposure it simply comes down to writers even now
 JMS abandoned supes before even finishing his story,i guess batman is to blame for that.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Primmaster64:
HUH he has had his show for the last 9 years(SMALLVILLE),he will be getting an animated movie in february,he was also featured in the apocalypse movie and mind you it was all about supes and kara, batman was just there to be a cheerleader. supes was also seen in public enemies,crisis on 2 earths,batman gets more exposure simply because people want to know more about him,superman on the other hand keeps getting his origin changed every 2 years.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Primmaster64
@Gambit1024: Yeah, i know.
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Batman :)

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

Superman...always, but Batman is definitely second only to Supes. 

@enthropy, please...like GALACTUS isn't overrated? Are you even aware that SA Superman SNEEZED away an entire solar system by himself with ease? Yet...Galactus needs "heralds" to do his bidding and needs them to locate planets for him to eat.... Galactus takes forever just to eat one or destroy one...Superman did it in one shot, SNEEZE done...lol

Superman sneezed away/destroying an entire solar system that had a shitload of planets....some Marvel fans need to seriously do more research before posting on here...haters lol

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis
@MKF30:
So a guy whos favourite hero and villian are batman and darkseid is a DC hater pfft right,galactus is a cosmic, superman isnt, someone said that batman is overrated and overexposed,now this is true but it would have made more sense if it was coming from say a flash fan,but superman i'm sorry if the writers at DC cant do him justice it doesnt mean its due to batman love,they want supes to succeed more than we do.
Avatar image for breakingthefourthwall
BreakingTheFourthWall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024:
Because of the Nolan films, I think that Batman is more popular among younger people for sure. Though in pop culture in general, it is probably Superman.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gambit1024
@BreakingTheFourthWall said:
" @Gambit1024: Because of the Nolan films, I think that Batman is more popular among younger people for sure. Though in pop culture in general, it is probably Superman. "
That's probably true. The question is, how will it change once Nolan and Schnieder's Superman movie comes out? Will it outdo Batman's latest films?