#1 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say this issue is an actual improvement on the last one as it gives more time for a breather in between the action, offers some familiar character interactions between Superman & Wonder Woman along with a scene that will be undoubtedly pleasing to Superman/Lois fans but a sting on the nose to those still fond of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance. It is basically Jurgens using the characters as a mouthpiece to his own opinion even if written well.

Oh and Superman sets an awesome new speedblitz record with a feat on Doomsday as his super speed punching bag. He punches him 4,035 times in the space of three panels. That had me giddy with glee I must admit :)

#2 Posted by Drocta (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Laughing my ass off at the SM/WW shippers right now.

God, I love Jurgens.

#3 Posted by ZariusII (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

A really fun issue this, there's good laughs to be had from New Kent ("Can I get a quote?"), Jon (his excitement at the battle causing him to create a minor earthquake, and "Why are you driving like a maniac mom?"), nice Clark/Lois moment, and Diana is probably at her warmest and most likeable I've found her to be in a long time under Jurgen's pen, and she's very accepting of Lois and Clark being together, saying it "feels true", thus seemingly putting to bed once and forever her thing for N52 Supes. I also loved that Jurgens brought up Doomsday's true origin, I need to dig out Hunter/Prey sometime.

Note to Jurgens, you don't have to put Oz in every bloody issue, especially if it's not going to add to the story or his mystery

Avatar image for deactivated-57dfb0dc0c43d
#4 Posted by deactivated-57dfb0dc0c43d (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Those super speed punches, 4035 times in 3 panels !!! It was fun reading that. Loved Superman - WW and Superman - Lois interactions as well.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the story needs to get moving.

And I am afraid we won't learn anything, since the Clark reveal is in another arc.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#6 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24080 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Oh and Superman sets an awesome new speedblitz record with a feat on Doomsday as his super speed punching bag. He punches him 4,035 times in the space of three panels. That had me giddy with glee I must admit :)

Man, if only a certain banned user was around to see this.

#7 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress: Context please...

The 4,035 punches were awesome. Lois & Clark, awesome. Diana & Lois friendship, awesome. Jon destroying living room because he got excited, awesome.

Yeah, this issue really benefitted from the breather.

Wonder if Jon is going to join Supes and Ww in the fight against Doomsday.

#8 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24080 posts) - - Show Bio

@thepreface: I think the user's name started with "Reality" & ended with "Warper".

#9 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

He still might be, he created a new account just to try and troll me when I dared to blaspheme against his sacred Sentry.

I think the story needs to get moving.

And I am afraid we won't learn anything, since the Clark reveal is in another arc.

Probably not, I suspect this will be the bombastic action packed opener which will set some things up for the next several story arcs.

#13 Edited by Harun_Kurnaz (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone knew why they talking about Doomsday like this is the first time they saw him. Especially WW. She fougth with him like months in Doomed arc.

#14 Posted by ZariusII (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone knew why they talking about Doomsday like this is the first time they saw him. Especially WW. She fougth with him like months in Doomed arc.

They've never fought this Doomsday, which is the original.

#15 Edited by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@harun_kurnaz said:

This is the Pre Flashpoint Doomsday, New 52 Doomsday was destroyed by New 52 Superman.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
#16 Edited by BeautifulTemptress (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue. Clark Kent, which was rescued by Wonder Woman, probably is New 52 Superman. He even wears clothes in which was in Batman / Superman Annual 2.

If Doomsday can sense kryptonians, why he sensed only Jon?

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#17 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (878 posts) - - Show Bio

@harun_kurnaz: I guess WW was trying to ask what is this Doomsday capable of than the one she fought on her earth but it wasn't written like that.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@beautifultemptress: Jon was probably closer than Supergirl was I imagine.

Doesn't the new Supergirl comic take place in another planet?

#20 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@beautifultemptress: Jon was probably closer than Supergirl was I imagine.

Doesn't the new Supergirl comic take place in another planet?

Perhaps one point in the story takes place on another planet with what's going on with Cyborg Superman but Supergirl is still based on Earth. She's living in National City, going to school under a secret identity and working with the DEO.

#21 Posted by TheKinfing (11699 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'd say this issue is an actual improvement on the last one as it gives more time for a breather in between the action, offers some familiar character interactions between Superman & Wonder Woman along with a scene that will be undoubtedly pleasing to Superman/Lois fans but a sting on the nose to those still fond of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance. It is basically Jurgens using the characters as a mouthpiece to his own opinion even if written well.

Thor fanboys aren't gonna like that.

#22 Posted by TheKinfing (11699 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Black_Arrow (10248 posts) - - Show Bio

the 4035 punches in 5 seconds at most were awesome.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
#24 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn good issue. His punches were hypersonic here, btw.

#25 Edited by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad they brought up the point about Doomsday again. I want this Superman back at full power. Good feat even when not at full power.

#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (20776 posts) - - Show Bio

Great feats for Superman and you can always count on Jurgens to handle Superman and Lois well but the story seriously needs to move on now. It's dragging because Jurgens wants Doomsday to be a thing, stop, just stop Dan,he'll never be a thing.

LOL at the dump on Superman/Wonder Woman relationship.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@tensor said:

I am glad they brought up the point about Doomsday again. I want this Superman back at full power. Good feat even when not at full power.

I dont count the panels . Count the first 3000 what could be in Seconds :) a trick he learned from the flash enough to make Doomsday bleed. Yet another speed feat for doomsday for catching his hands at that speed :)

This is going to hurt some feelings .

Now Tensor thank you for reminding me about that long ago argument with Ghostsavfoo. I will answer that when i have time. He probably thinks he has one up.

#28 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:

Superman is back at full power now. I asked Jurgens in a tweet and he confirmed that Superman was back at full power, he had been weakened due to Vandal Savage's comet plan.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#29 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15427 posts) - - Show Bio

Great issue

#30 Posted by DeathandGrim (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

The 4035 punches was an amazing and usable feat. And because it was DD nobody can try to lowball the punching power. Praise Jurgens!

This issue was great. The Lois Wonder Woman moment was great. Clark Kent is hilarious. And the Doomsday Scare was even better when they didn't make him do what we all thought he was gonna do. Now I'm even more ready for the next issue.

#31 Edited by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: That is crazy because he was not in that comic at all it was new 52 Superman guess he was saying it affect him as well.If you have that tweet would like to see it. If it is ok with you.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from some odd inconsistencies, I wonder if New 52 Diana is more powerful than Pre-Flashpoint Superman. She seemed to man-handle Doomsday away from Superman with ease, yet New 52 Doomsday flattened her.

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
#34 Posted by MercinWithAMouth (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: It was just a simple throw. Still she was impressive the fact that she was able to catch up to Superman when he flew was showing her speed.

#36 Posted by Farkam (12019 posts) - - Show Bio

This was awesome.

#37 Posted by TurtleXNinja (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

=)

#38 Posted by Knight101 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the entire storyline of this just recently and I love the feats and I love the fact Superman lasts longer than anyone against Doomsday (as it should be). The characterization was spot on, the story, the drama and the action was all amazing.