#1 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Jurgens continues to pack Action Comics full of fast paced story, subtle character moments, progressing the mystery of Oz and the new Clark Kent and including plenty of...well action. The story is still enjoyable even though Superman is fighting an overused villain as Doomsday. Thoughts on this issue?

#2 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

It's action packed, all I can say is, I want to read more.. the story hanger wants me to read more.

#3 Posted by ZariusII (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle with Doomsday continues to be made interesting by the fresh elements of Clark's struggle to put the creature away quickly so he can assure his fanmily is ok, and getting frustrated by failure no matter how much strategy he puts into it. I also loved that Jon is becoming a Luthor fanboy .

So the mystery surrounding the new Kent has ties to another Superman...what secrets has N52 Clark taken to his grave?

#4 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

It was definitely enjoyable and entertaining.Solid 7.

But I hope we get something more by next issue. The action is solid but it gets tiring, if it continues for six issues.

Also Kirkhams art has been improved since his B/S issues.

#5 Edited by UltimateSMfan (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously action packed, does the name justice.

I loved the art in this issue! Kirkham's art wasn't a jaring change at all and actually made this issue for me, and the colours were awesome. Story's fast paced but more being added to the mystery so that's a plus. All the new info 'Clark' gave us was really intriguing. Nice moments for Lois and Jon. Thank God for the the bi-monthly schedule.

Really liked that this Superman's experience is helping him keep Doomsday at bay and how he deals with his added responsibilities.

Solid issue. It felt cinematic to me.

And that ending! I think when i start reading the next issue, i'll play 'Is she with you?' from the BvS soundtrack lol

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#6 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh😪

#7 Posted by ZariusII (5774 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#8 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

When Supes turned his HV up to 11 and DD crushed a gas pipe to cause an explosion... WTF? DD is really getting smarter.

Jon calling Lex SuperLex. LOL. Love it.

And the mystery continues. So N52 Supes had some type of conversation with this Clark.

More of Oz watching (pun?)

Very solid issue, especially the art. That page with Lois flashbacks was beautuful.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

A pretty funny ad that's in the physical copy of this issue.

No Caption Provided

#11 Edited by UltimateSMfan (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: haha yeah that apparently threw a bunch of people for a loop.

#12 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Lives up to its name. Superlex and Old School Supes fighting together is awesome, kind of reminds me of Goku and Vegeta. What makes the action fun is all the drama, mystery, tension and stuff going on in the background

#13 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoyed it. Lives up to the name of Action Comics.

#14 Posted by Black_Arrow (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it, it's some cool action.

#15 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: Couldn't put my finger on it before, but that's exactly it! SuperLex reminds me of Vegeta lmao.

He's so in love with himself he has to prove that he's the Pri... I mean that Metroplis is his city and that he is Superman, even if it means being a good guy for the time being.

#16 Posted by DeathandGrim (4836 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Clark should have taken the creature out of the city to fight. The destruction was delicious but also avoidable.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#17 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Clark should have taken the creature out of the city to fight. The destruction was delicious but also avoidable.

It's not a Zack Snyder movie so nobody cares lol

#18 Posted by Drocta (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlike a Snyder movie, Superman does actually care in this. But, ya know, holding onto Doomsday for more than a few seconds without him knocking you away is impossible.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#19 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

@drocta said:

Unlike a Snyder movie, Superman does actually care in this. But, ya know, holding onto Doomsday for more than a few seconds without him knocking you away is impossible.

Lol

Anyways, is comixology working for everybody??? I bought my comics but I can't read em for some reason.

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (20873 posts) - - Show Bio

Good character moments, art and action but story needs to get going, stop trying to make Doomsday a thing Dan.

#21 Posted by Black_Arrow (10282 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's not a Zack Snyder movie nobody really cares about that. Look at this Animated movie

Loading Video...

In that final move Superman destroyed more of the city than Doomsday ever did.

#22 Posted by ZariusII (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

Good character moments, art and action but story needs to get going, stop trying to make Doomsday a thing Dan.

This is the most I've enjoyed Doomsday since the Doomsday Wars (also by Jurgens)

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (18744 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan is doing a fine job with the characters he's using and there were some great moments in the issue. The mystery around Mr. Oz is tightening which I love because I actually want to find out what's the whole thing with him and Clark Kent.

Minor setback, Dan should really stop using Doomsday. He has become an irritating plot device and we are seeing the same old stuff all over again.

#24 Posted by UltimateSMfan (2377 posts) - - Show Bio

Two new mysteries raised in this issue.

Doomsday is also apparently pre-flashpoint doomsday according to Superman and the new Clark Kent says that I'm guessing new 52 superman sent him into hiding.

So got theories? Is he a clone or an effect of some exotic kryptonite?

Also pre flashpoint doomsday being a part of this is reality altering crisis territory, like he slipped through the cracks when the timeline was putting itself back together, all signs point to Mr.Oz as the culprit but that's too much to ponder atm with such little info. Still, loving the mystery.

#25 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Two new mysteries raised in this issue.

Doomsday is also apparently pre-flashpoint doomsday according to Superman and the new Clark Kent says that I'm guessing new 52 superman sent him into hiding.

So got theories? Is he a clone or an effect of some exotic kryptonite?

Also pre flashpoint doomsday being a part of this is reality altering crisis territory, like he slipped through the cracks when the timeline was putting itself back together, all signs point to Mr.Oz as the culprit but that's too much to ponder atm with such little info. Still, loving the mystery.

Though apparently he is smarter than before

#26 Posted by DeathandGrim (4836 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathandGrim2 said:

If it's not a Zack Snyder movie nobody really cares about that. Look at this Animated movie

Loading Video...

In that final move Superman destroyed more of the city than Doomsday ever did.

Yea I never understood why he doesn't just take them out the city... like ever

#27 Edited by DieHard200904 (592 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds funny, guess I might just wishlist this later when I am not so tired of seeing Doomsday so repetitively.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#28 Edited by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid issue, solid pace, and a solid direction to lead Superman in.

#29 Posted by Kingthunder99 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Action Comics has been good so far non stop action which I like. However,I just want to know who this other Clark Kent is.

#30 Posted by TheKinfing (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good issue imo.

#31 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I find that add annoying considering he has red boots in the ad but not in the actual comics >:|

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#32 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16635 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is a beast.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180: It is a noticeable inconsistency and does show how iconic and important those red boots are to the Superman costume.

#34 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: fun fact the reb boots are also in the whole of JL rebirth aswell :)