Unpopular or Controversial Ideas You Have Regarding Storm

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By butterflykyss

This thread is for discussing topics involving Ororo that you about her that most wouldnt see your prospective. This idea came to me when discussing the fact that I believe she could be Juggernaut, as well as Doom but you are not limited to characters you think she can beat. My hope is that this will be a troll free zone but, well you know this is Comicvine so it is what it is.

As such let's discuss.

People love to dismiss Ororo as not being able to defeat doom however here her lightning was able to short circuit his suit:

in addition to this I think her internal attacks would make short work of him. this is why i think she could most certainly defeat doom.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the idea of Storm being a Faltine hybrid, like Clea, and thus would explain her blue eyes, white hair and all the hints of her magical heritage and the energy form she could pretty much take on when pushed to her limit.

Granted, to most normal people this wouldn't be all that wacky or that controversial, but, being as some Storm fans herald her as the woke-nubian-melanin-yasssqueen-goddess, her being a half breed human, and not fully an African mutant, might be disconcerting.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the idea of Storm being a Faltine hybrid, like Clea, and thus would explain her blue eyes, white hair and all the hints of her magical heritage and the energy form she could pretty much take on when pushed to her limit.

Granted, to most normal people this wouldn't be all that wacky or that controversial, but, being as some Storm fans herald her as the woke-nubian-melanin-yasssqueen-goddess, her being a half breed human, and not fully an African mutant, might be disconcerting.

I think people who dont know her backstory have issue with how her features were shown to be. ororo has always been characterized as a black girl/woman since the early uncanny days. I would argue anyone who would suggest stripping her of her iconic looks for their lack of understanding of the character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

you forgot this

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't say being able to beat the likes of Doom or Juggernaut is terribly controversial or unpopular... it's just a tad silly because the idea just ignores what the other character are capable of any why they are in the positions they are in.

My own suggestion is perhaps more low key, instead of being of Kenyan ancestery, make her Wakandan instead. And treat the peculiarities of her appearance and magical aptitude as a side effect of living near the Vibranium Mound.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you forgot this

No Caption Provided

I actually did forget ororo knocked his arse on the ground thank you!

I wouldn't say being able to beat the likes of Doom or Juggernaut is terribly controversial or unpopular... it's just a tad silly because the idea just ignores what the other character are capable of any why they are in the positions they are in.

My own suggestion is perhaps more low key, instead of being of Kenyan ancestery, make her Wakandan instead. And treat the peculiarities of her appearance and magical aptitude as a side effect of living near the Vibranium Mound.

chile you would be surprised. if you even suggest ororo might win against doom posters go ballistic but I see ur point.

very interesting take on her ancestry being wakandan based. how would you account for her ties to the bright lady and the time she went on her journey to kenya? what about her life altering event when she was almost raped and vowed never to kill again? her trek to Kenya from cairo was a pretty impactful event to the character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...

I have like a lot in mind.

Some are:

I really want Storm to be a mixture of all races but again, it's fine if it doesn't happen.

I want somebody who will change Storm into a man temporarily, prolly like for 4 years, so that male Storm fans can dress up on cosplays as the male version of Storm. :)

And I really visualize Storm having a lighter skin tone, like Beyoncé and Halle Berry. And white eyebrows.

And of course, I want Storm to become a real goddess and the best at absorbing and manipulating all kinds of energies.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think storm should ever be omega level. I know people want it badly but I just hate the idea of it occurring, every energy based being and manipulator has omega level potential but I don't think each one needs to be

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: why in particular do u hate the idea of her becoming an omega level?

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I just feel like she's not quite there. Her ability to control the weather isn't something she's ever really strained to do, and due to that she's never had any real training.

Now that she's at the age of like 40 it's gonna be hard for her to reach more incredible heights.

I feel like her being Omega Level would need to be a what if storyline.

Also Omega Level should make one in the top 1% of mutants, and I really want Darwin in that top 1% long before Storm.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

very interesting take on her ancestry being wakandan based. how would you account for her ties to the bright lady and the time she went on her journey to kenya? what about her life altering event when she was almost raped and vowed never to kill again? her trek to Kenya from cairo was a pretty impactful event to the character.

Well the simplest explanation would be that Kenya, as far as I know, borders Wakanda, and as such the ties with Kenya Ororo's family has is simply a case of them wandering over the border. If you want a reason why they would, simply consider that borders tend to move so maybe the area they frequented was once a part of Wakanda? And to be specific, I am talking about Ororo's family, not Ororo herself.

Like Wakanda is a very old nation and it has for very long been a superstitious people who worshipped animals and spirits... imagine that in the ancient past Ororo's ancestors lived among the more well known tribes like those of the White Gorilla and Black Panther we know today and worked as seers and magi that could come and go between the tribes as they saw fit. On their own however they lived away from the major population centres of Wakanda in the area that is now part of Kenya. You could then explain that Ororo's ancestors lost the connection with Wakanda because they were perhaps invaded by Kenyan' tribes or later colonial invaders and the reason why the area they lived in shifted hands was that it was too far from the rest of Wakanda and too open to defend properly. Thus the story of Ororo can continue much as it has always been.

Reason I'd like to see this kind of change is that, first of all to explain why Ororo's family has always been special... like they aren't mutants, but all the women had white hair and all that. Secondly I think an ancestral connection is needed to really get the mindset of the Wakandans who believe Storm to be a kind of deity, now they will do so because in times past those with white hair had a huge role to play in their society and they sort of remember this. And lastly... well why not? Kenya doesn't really appear to be providing Storm with anything unique, its a place on a map she's from and thats about it... sort of like how Colossus is from rural Russia but where in Russia is of lesser importance.

And ofc I know this suggestion is controversial because it's streamlining the Marvel Earth with making Wakanda the place in Africa where all the different things came from... and thats kinda like saying all black superheroes live(d) in Harlem :S And ofc that it could be used over time to move Storm out of the X-Men and over into the Black Panther franchise, which I admit I am not sure is the best for Ororo's character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MVC3 gave us the perfect physical appearance of Storm (though I wanted white eyebrows for her)

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I just feel like she's not quite there. Her ability to control the weather isn't something she's ever really strained to do, and due to that she's never had any real training.

Now that she's at the age of like 40 it's gonna be hard for her to reach more incredible heights.

I feel like her being Omega Level would need to be a what if storyline.

Also Omega Level should make one in the top 1% of mutants, and I really want Darwin in that top 1% long before Storm.

it's funny and I know this will be hard to believe but jordan d. white recently confirmed that none of the 05 are over 30. This would put Ororo somewhere at 27-29.

Have you read her recent ascension to becoming an actual goddess in Black Panther? A lot of why she really hasnt embraced being an omega is due to the self imposed limits she exhibits to retain the aspect of herself that is human. And why do you want Darwin there as opposed to Ororo?

@butterflykyss said:

Well the simplest explanation would be that Kenya, as far as I know, borders Wakanda, and as such the ties with Kenya Ororo's family has is simply a case of them wandering over the border. If you want a reason why they would, simply consider that borders tend to move so maybe the area they frequented was once a part of Wakanda? And to be specific, I am talking about Ororo's family, not Ororo herself.

Like Wakanda is a very old nation and it has for very long been a superstitious people who worshipped animals and spirits... imagine that in the ancient past Ororo's ancestors lived among the more well known tribes like those of the White Gorilla and Black Panther we know today and worked as seers and magi that could come and go between the tribes as they saw fit. On their own however they lived away from the major population centres of Wakanda in the area that is now part of Kenya. You could then explain that Ororo's ancestors lost the connection with Wakanda because they were perhaps invaded by Kenyan' tribes or later colonial invaders and the reason why the area they lived in shifted hands was that it was too far from the rest of Wakanda and too open to defend properly. Thus the story of Ororo can continue much as it has always been.

Reason I'd like to see this kind of change is that, first of all to explain why Ororo's family has always been special... like they aren't mutants, but all the women had white hair and all that. Secondly I think an ancestral connection is needed to really get the mindset of the Wakandans who believe Storm to be a kind of deity, now they will do so because in times past those with white hair had a huge role to play in their society and they sort of remember this. And lastly... well why not? Kenya doesn't really appear to be providing Storm with anything unique, its a place on a map she's from and thats about it... sort of like how Colossus is from rural Russia but where in Russia is of lesser importance.

And ofc I know this suggestion is controversial because it's streamlining the Marvel Earth with making Wakanda the place in Africa where all the different things came from... and thats kinda like saying all black superheroes live(d) in Harlem :S And ofc that it could be used over time to move Storm out of the X-Men and over into the Black Panther franchise, which I admit I am not sure is the best for Ororo's character.

Though Kenya doesnt border Wakanda it is a lot closer to it than I originally thought.

No Caption Provided

But ok I see. I thought you were originally talking of Ororo. You know the idea that her family were once wakandan would make the storyline of her becoming an actual Wakandan goddess very interesting. You sure you arent giving us a preview of what's to come? lol

Your second paragraph is beautifully said and I could so see this being explained, especially when you think of it before there was this concept of "borders" where people roamed free and not restricted by such means.

And I dont think your point is controversial. Her mom's bloodline is the one that goes back to the beginning of time.

No Caption Provided

And it could be very easily explained that this bloodline originated in wakanda and then at some point migrated to other parts of Africa for various reasons. And the xmen have not done anything for this character in ages. it wouldnt do any harm in her taking a hiatus for a while. nevertheless I love your thoughts and dont see them as controversial to me :)

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like for her to have a compelling book. Not some bs where another, weaker character has to cone in and save her. She has rich history and character that can be made into a compelling story that also gives her character and power growth. This Goddess bullshyt(though I love it) was completely unnecessary how it was delivered and utilized. Not one single writer has made an effort to expand on her Rogue Storm power. Screw the persona. Rogue Storm had devastating power that we have not been delighted to since. On top of that we have the elemental body having version of storm that has not even been explored. As a writer, I'm super disappointed and borderline hate these writers that call themselves writing for her... Marvel is too busy with their heads up Wolverine, Jean, and kitty's ass that storm is constantly written down and even most cases weaker than characters she has absolutely no business being weaker than. Rant over. I need a drink.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:

1) Are we talking a god like Thor, Loki, Ares, etc or are we talking someone who is worshipped?

2) I hate the self imposed limits excuse. It worked for Magneto but no one else, maybe a bit for Iceman but even then I was like "meh, I guess that works"

3) Because Darwin is the mutant of mutants. He's the biggest abnormality since Apocalypse was first born, maybe even more. And I think if he really learned to control his powers, while still keeping his normal defensive properties, he'd be more of a threat than Magneto or Iceman. Think about how his powers work, it's instant evolution. If he learned how to memorize how he shifted he'd be the perfect stalemate.

I think on some level the realization that he's unkillable is so depressing to him it really does hold him back. Think about it, if there is really no limit to his evolution, he's going to outlive all the old gods like Ares and Thor, and demons like the one who turned Ghost Rider. In his origin he tried to kill himself because he had no one, and I think on some level he knows that his mutant ability will keep him from having anyone.

Nothing short of a reality warper will kill him, and even then his body might force him to leave the area if the warper is a real threat to Darwin's existence.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

you forgot this

No Caption Provided

This was sooo lame. And one of the reasons why I hated BP and Storm together. He was such a whiny little B back then.. He's better now...more or less

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

you forgot this

No Caption Provided

This was sooo lame. And one of the reasons why I hated BP and Storm together. He was such a whiny little B back then.. He's better now...more or less

Because of Coates. Coates wrote a relatable and likable BP.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I know right that was the moment I was like this relationship isn't for storm she needs to leave fast.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank goodness we got well beyond that OOC writing of the two together

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like for her to have a compelling book. Not some bs where another, weaker character has to cone in and save her. She has rich history and character that can be made into a compelling story that also gives her character and power growth. This Goddess bullshyt(though I love it) was completely unnecessary how it was delivered and utilized. Not one single writer has made an effort to expand on her Rogue Storm power.Screw the persona. Rogue Storm had devastating power that we have not been delighted to since. On top of that we have the elemental body having version of storm that has not even been explored. As a writer, I'm super disappointed and borderline hate these writers that call themselves writing for her... Marvel is too busy with their heads up Wolverine, Jean, and kitty's ass that storm is constantly written down and even most cases weaker than characters she has absolutely no business being weaker than. Rant over. I need a drink.

You are so right.

I'm not sure if I have to blame Coates or the artist regarding Storm's goddesshood in the Black Panther ongoing series.

We didn't see Storm changing/evolving in order to have a different picture of what a goddess Storm looks like.

And because goddess Storm still looks like the regular Storm, I can't blame other people not acknowledging that Storm is a real goddess.

As for Rogue Storm, yes I would love Rogue Storm to be explored further. Probably a major marvel event where something happened that hurt Storm so much and she became Rogue Storm and started destroying Earth and killing people and all the rest of the Marvel Comics characters, heroes and villains are helping each other to defeat or kill Rogue Storm.

But yes, Coates or the artist should have gotten an idea on how to making Storm a real goddess in the Black Panther comics more meaningful, more memorable and leave a huge impact.

I mean, hello, Storm would be the first human/mutant (with human parents) to become a real/true goddess and that is a huge add to her character about being a truly unique and amazing character that she is.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: when was she a mixture of all races hun?

It was a truly remarkable idea that Claremont came up with for Storm but did not use it in comics. If Claremont have pushed it, I would want Catriona Gray take the role as Storm.

I truly love the idea but again, it was not used, so Storm isn't a mixture of all races.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also like that idea too but...

I think my idea is better, that there was a point in time that a female ancestor (preferably a very powerful mutant who can go toe-to-toe with gods) of Storm had a relationship with a god and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl with blue eyes and white hair and grew up being able to wield powerful magic (obtaining it either from the mother or the father). And that every few generations, a "girl with blue eyes, white hair and wields magic" is born to protect their lineage and something (something very substantial). And Storm, being the first with blue-eyes, white hair and controls the weather instead of magic, will someday obtain both powers of the powerful female mutant ancestor and the god.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jhazzroucher

@hypnos0929 said:

I don't think storm should ever be omega level. I know people want it badly but I just hate the idea of it occurring, every energy based being and manipulator has omega level potential but I don't think each one needs to be

She's a real goddess now.

@butterflykyss said:

@hypnos0929: why in particular do u hate the idea of her becoming an omega level?

I want Storm to be declared an omega-level mutant, evolving her power to having the strongest manipulation on all kinds of energy.

and absolute immortality.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: We talking by blood, like Thor, Odin and Ares, or are we talking by worship?

Also She has no right to be omega level. If they allow her to be omega level then they'll have to let any type of energy or substance manipulator/creator to be one. They need to say that just because you're powerful doesn't mean you can be omega level.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: We talking by blood, like Thor, Odin and Ares, or are we talking by worship?

Also She has no right to be omega level. If they allow her to be omega level then they'll have to let any type of energy or substance manipulator/creator to be one. They need to say that just because you're powerful doesn't mean you can be omega level.

Storm used divine power?

@butterflykysscan explain it to you better.