Avatar image for storm_calling
#51 Edited by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:He said it himself on panel, it was his wife or his country. Sparring(I don't seem to recall them fighting each other in the past) and actually fighting someone is two very different things, Blood. He may be willing to show her a few moves but that is no indication to believe that he would be willing to deliberately KO his own wife. As for him never attempting to talk it out, that is something that has been talked about since the beginning of this event. For some reason he wouldn't or couldn't tell her the reasons he was so willing to side against the X-men in AvX. You are asking the big questions that have yet to be answered.

He did a falling chop? Or are you talking about the editorial mistake in UXM, where it was revealed to have never happened?

I think the reason it looked like he was getting whooped bad is because he wasn't really dishing out any damage of his own. He was defending himself from her full h2h furry and you can't really expect him to be able to block every single one of her attacks. She's too well known at being very crafty when it comes to h2h, even with people who are much faster and experienced.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#52 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, you're making a thread about the feasibility of mutants powers under the laws of real world physics.

Avatar image for blood1991
#53 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991:He said it himself on panel, it was his wife or his country. Sparring(I don't seem to recall them fighting each other in the past) and actually fighting someone is two very different things, Blood. He may be willing to show her a few moves but that is no indication to believe that he would be willing to deliberately KO his own wife. As for him never attempting to talk it out, that is something that has been talked about since the beginning of this event. For some reason he wouldn't or couldn't tell her the reasons he was so willing to side against the X-men in AvX. You are asking the big questions that have yet to be answered.

He did a falling chop? Or are you talking about the editorial mistake in UXM, where it was revealed to have never happened?

I think the reason it looked like he was getting whooped bad is because he wasn't really dishing out any damage of his own. He was defending himself from her full h2h furry and you can't really expect him to be able to block every single one of her attacks. She's too well known at being very crafty when it comes to h2h, even with people who are much faster and experienced.

Hmm re-reading it I realize I fused some of the events in World Apart in my mind. I still think him holding back is bull, but he was only defending himself. I think he was handled poorly in the confrontation regardless. If he wasn't willing to talk he should have been willing to put his dukes up.

Avatar image for storm_calling
#54 Edited by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:Ah I see now(I kept thinking, how could I forget something like this? lol).

You see, I think he actually allowed her to get a few of those punches in there, considering he felt guilt and seemed to want to comfort his wife more than be angry and attack her. The main point I'm trying to make is that it wasn't a real fight. It may have been for Storm but not for T'Challa, he was more worried about when her anger towards him would end and how scary she looked. lol Hence the full splash page of him stealing a kiss from her. He didn't seem angry or willing to fight his wife in the least. It's hard to believe he would be willing to put his dukes up to her after everything they've been through and what he did. In fact, I'm surprised he didn't just stand there and take the beating. lol

Avatar image for blood1991
#55 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Lol I though she kissed him the punched him in the face, but it seemed mutual. The whole fight was weird :/. Meh it's over now.

Avatar image for storm_calling
#56 Posted by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: Lol I though she kissed him the punched him in the face, but it seemed mutual. The whole fight was weird :/. Meh it's over now.

Nope, T'Challa stole that kiss when Storm tried to run in and attack him again. She liked it more than she'll ever admit though... lol

Yeah I don't think it really had to come down to that either, but I'm not surprised that it did, considering they wouldn't have her husband explain things to her for some reason.

Avatar image for storm_calling
#57 Posted by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Woah, you're making a thread about the feasibility of mutants powers under the laws of real world physics.

Read Science of the X-men, he's not the first one who has tried to do it.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#58 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@John Valentine said:

Woah, you're making a thread about the feasibility of mutants powers under the laws of real world physics.

Read Science of the X-men, he's not the first one who has tried to do it.

I have. It's an awful, awful book. Most of the stuff in there is bullsh!t i.e. not related to anything that's happened in cannon. Pure fan fic.

Avatar image for blood1991
#59 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: Lol I though she kissed him the punched him in the face, but it seemed mutual. The whole fight was weird :/. Meh it's over now.

Nope, T'Challa stole that kiss when Storm tried to run in and attack him again. She liked it more than she'll ever admit though... lol

Yeah I don't think it really had to come down to that either, but I'm not surprised that it did, considering they wouldn't have her husband explain things to her for some reason.

Well she could have waited for Cap to brief the situation before storming "Yay puns" out too. Looking back everything about their marriage was handled like sh!t start to finish "excluding Mcduffie's work on the Fantastic Four". I am however curious about A+X when they team up. Both to see how the can f__k it up further and how they poorly explain the plot holes in their divorce.

Avatar image for storm_calling
#60 Posted by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Storm Calling said:

@John Valentine said:

Woah, you're making a thread about the feasibility of mutants powers under the laws of real world physics.

Read Science of the X-men, he's not the first one who has tried to do it.

I have. It's an awful, awful book. Most of the stuff in there is bullsh!t i.e. not related to anything that's happened in cannon. Pure fan fic.

I think they did a decent job on a few(Storm in particular), but some of them were a wee bit wanky I'll admit... :p

Avatar image for john_valentine
#61 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@John Valentine said:

@Storm Calling said:

@John Valentine said:

Woah, you're making a thread about the feasibility of mutants powers under the laws of real world physics.

Read Science of the X-men, he's not the first one who has tried to do it.

I have. It's an awful, awful book. Most of the stuff in there is bullsh!t i.e. not related to anything that's happened in cannon. Pure fan fic.

I think they did a decent job on a few(Storm in particular), but some of them were a wee bit wanky I'll admit... :p

The Cyclops chapter was literally the worst thing I've ever read. That's the only one that I haven't blanked from my memory, probably because it made me so damn mad. This was eight years ago.

Avatar image for storm_calling
#62 Edited by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: Lol I though she kissed him the punched him in the face, but it seemed mutual. The whole fight was weird :/. Meh it's over now.

Nope, T'Challa stole that kiss when Storm tried to run in and attack him again. She liked it more than she'll ever admit though... lol

Yeah I don't think it really had to come down to that either, but I'm not surprised that it did, considering they wouldn't have her husband explain things to her for some reason.

Well she could have waited for Cap to brief the situation before storming "Yay puns" out too. Looking back everything about their marriage was handled like sh!t start to finish "excluding Mcduffie's work on the Fantastic Four". I am however curious about A+X when they team up. Both to see how the can f__k it up further and how they poorly explain the plot holes in their divorce.

Don't think she stormed out, more bolted out in a hurry to alert the X-men about the PF(she didn't know the two teams were about to come into a collision). It would have been pretty sad anyway if they'd waited to tell her at the last minute that they were about to do what they were doing, and CA of all people being the one to tell her instead of her own husband(plus I still doubt that T'Challa would have been willing to tell her his real reasons for siding with them anyway)...

I agree 100% though that it was handled absolutely atrociously. I'm just glad it's over and I hope they aren't planning anytime soon to bring the pair back together.

Avatar image for redhairedphish
#63 Posted by redhairedphish (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm well, it looks like I jumped onto this thread a little too late; it seems it took a bit of a different turn from the original post >.>

But if I could just add: this was such an amazing read! I'm sure all of us here were aware of the feats that Storm has accomplished, but to learn in-depth of the nature of her power -the specifics (for lack of a better term) - was truly awe-inspiring.

Wish there was something I could add, but alas, I myself have no quality scans to share >.<

Avatar image for blood1991
#64 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish: Lol when worlds collide moment right here.

Avatar image for redhairedphish
#65 Posted by redhairedphish (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Omg, right? How crazy is this?! I figure, "what the hey, I'm here, I might as well contribute."

Ha, it might not be as awesome as in-depth analyses or awesome scans, but at least I still have my two cents!

Avatar image for blood1991
#66 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish: I'm working on graphing her relationships at the moment as my contribution, but I don't think I can top this or the Bloodline thread. Everything was wiped by a glitch or something so we are rebuilding. The user you spoke of his still a thorn in our side, but we do our best to prove we aren't all nuts.

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#67 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish said:

Hmm well, it looks like I jumped onto this thread a little too late; it seems it took a bit of a different turn from the original post >.>

But if I could just add: this was such an amazing read! I'm sure all of us here were aware of the feats that Storm has accomplished, but to learn in-depth of the nature of her power -the specifics (for lack of a better term) - was truly awe-inspiring.

Wish there was something I could add, but alas, I myself have no quality scans to share >.<

welcome to the Storm forum fellow Storm fan. I guess you're new here. Enjoy! : )

Avatar image for redhairedphish
#68 Edited by redhairedphish (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@redhairedphish said:

Hmm well, it looks like I jumped onto this thread a little too late; it seems it took a bit of a different turn from the original post >.>

But if I could just add: this was such an amazing read! I'm sure all of us here were aware of the feats that Storm has accomplished, but to learn in-depth of the nature of her power -the specifics (for lack of a better term) - was truly awe-inspiring.

Wish there was something I could add, but alas, I myself have no quality scans to share >.<

welcome to the Storm forum fellow Storm fan. I guess you're new here. Enjoy! : )

@jhazzroucher: Thanks. Really, thanks. But um... I'm not technically new. I've had this account for a while and only now decided to start posting. Remember the iPhone case fiasco where Storm art was being used without permission?

Yeah, I was one of those artists ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#69 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@poisonfleur

I disagree, this did BP absolutely NO justice. Being beaten by Storm in hand two hand is a complete downgrade of his abilities. Also I can't stand when Aaron has her say God, when even the sh!ttiest writers know she says Goddess.

LMAO...this was the scene befroe she started beatin' peoples a$$e$ lol. That old lady with the flower pots talkin' 'bout "Bring it b$%^#es" damn near made me wet myself.

@Roddy010: @Storm Calling: Great job to the both of you. You both did such an amazing job explaining Storm's powers and abilities. I can't think of anything to add. There may be a few feats here and there, but I am not sure if there is a need to add it. What do you think? Shoudl we add:

- Storm's lightning is not exactly the same as real word lightning and can contain high degree of concussive force?

- Ability to create her own EM, electric, electrolysis and ionization fields?

- Defensivve use of thunder?

- Wield her powers to control air and pressure gradients in the body?

- Altering the state of water at a molecular level?

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
#70 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@redhairedphish said:

Hmm well, it looks like I jumped onto this thread a little too late; it seems it took a bit of a different turn from the original post >.>

But if I could just add: this was such an amazing read! I'm sure all of us here were aware of the feats that Storm has accomplished, but to learn in-depth of the nature of her power -the specifics (for lack of a better term) - was truly awe-inspiring.

Wish there was something I could add, but alas, I myself have no quality scans to share >.<

welcome to the Storm forum fellow Storm fan. I guess you're new here. Enjoy! : )

@jhazzroucher: Thanks. Really, thanks. But um... I'm not technically new. I've had this account for a while and only now decided to start posting. Remember the iPhone case fiasco where Storm art was being used without permission?

Yeah, I was one of those artists ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh! I remember you indeed. It's good to see you back. : )

Avatar image for storm_calling
#71 Edited by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@poisonfleur

I disagree, this did BP absolutely NO justice. Being beaten by Storm in hand two hand is a complete downgrade of his abilities. Also I can't stand when Aaron has her say God, when even the sh!ttiest writers know she says Goddess.

LMAO...this was the scene befroe she started beatin' peoples a$$e$ lol. That old lady with the flower pots talkin' 'bout "Bring it b$%^#es" damn near made me wet myself.

@Roddy010: @Storm Calling: Great job to the both of you. You both did such an amazing job explaining Storm's powers and abilities. I can't think of anything to add. There may be a few feats here and there, but I am not sure if there is a need to add it. What do you think? Shoudl we add:

- Storm's lightning is not exactly the same as real word lightning and can contain high degree of concussive force?

- Ability to create her own EM, electric, electrolysis and ionization fields?

- Defensivve use of thunder?

- Wield her powers to control air and pressure gradients in the body?

- Altering the state of water at a molecular level?

LOL! You gotta love Rasputia! :p and yes I remember her fight with the towns people, it was pure gold!

As for the feats, yes, I think we should get into several of those in detail, especially the concussive force lightning and her defensive capabilities with air pressure gradients.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#72 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010/

Are you guys going to put something in about her using her powers to scramble psyic energy?

Avatar image for stormivycarter
#73 Posted by stormivycarter (61 posts) - - Show Bio

looking at the pictures just make me feel calm...GODDESS

Avatar image for storm_calling
#74 Posted by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010/

Are you guys going to put something in about her using her powers to scramble psyic energy?

I'll be adding that to my next update soon.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#75 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010/

Are you guys going to put something in about her using her powers to scramble psyic energy?

I'll be adding that to my next update soon.

Yay!

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#76 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12608 posts) - - Show Bio

This is more on the "feats" side of the thread. Storm's control over air is such that her powers allow her to manipulate air inside the human body:

Can wield her powers so acutely that she can manipulate the air in a person's lungs.
Can wield her powers so acutely that she can manipulate the air in a person's lungs.
Manipulating the air pressure inside BP's inner ears.
Manipulating the air pressure inside BP's inner ears.

This adds to the explanation of her lightning intensity control and impact force more than it being a feat. Storm has shown that she can control the yield, heat intensity and force of her bolts.

In the first 2 scans Storm created a concentrated ball of lightning that detonates or expands out, KO'ing all 6 of attackers simulatneously with concussive force.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
The impact force of Storm's lightning strikes Bishop hard enough to knock him into a vehicle (obviously weighing tons), and the impact force is great enough to send both him and the vehicle through a wall and into the back of a building.
The impact force of Storm's lightning strikes Bishop hard enough to knock him into a vehicle (obviously weighing tons), and the impact force is great enough to send both him and the vehicle through a wall and into the back of a building.
The impact force of Storm's lightning knocks Thunderbird off his feet and into Magik, and instantly KO's Psylocke, and practically knocks her clothes off.
The impact force of Storm's lightning knocks Thunderbird off his feet and into Magik, and instantly KO's Psylocke, and practically knocks her clothes off.
Avatar image for son_of_storm
#77 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

The impact force of Storm's lightning knocks Thunderbird off his feet and into Magik, and instantly KO's Psylocke, and practically knocks her clothes off.
The impact force of Storm's lightning knocks Thunderbird off his feet and into Magik, and instantly KO's Psylocke, and practically knocks her clothes off.

A)Where is that from?

B)So this is why Psylocke decided to start wearing a bikini.

Avatar image for thunderbolt30
#78 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12608 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: From X-Men: Black Sun #2. Storm was possessed by Ngairai and went HAM on Psylocke and Angel. Lol...the minute Psylocke decided to dress approrpriately Storm goes does and this ish and ends up exposing her a$$ anyway.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#79 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Son Of Storm: From X-Men: Black Sun #2. Storm was possessed by Ngairai and went HAM on Psylocke and Angel. Lol...the minute Psylocke decided to dress approrpriately Storm goes does and this ish and ends up exposing her a$$ anyway.

Thanks.

Avatar image for roddy2010
#80 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah a possessed Storm stomp a roster of X-men including Magik, Thunderbird, Psylocke Archanagel and a few demons....

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#81 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah a possessed Storm stomp a roster of X-men including Magik, Thunderbird, Psylocke Archanagel and a few demons....

.............Where?

Avatar image for roddy2010
#82 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah a possessed Storm stomp a roster of X-men including Magik, Thunderbird, Psylocke Archanagel and a few demons....

.............Where?

Before the scan Magik entered Earth through one of the stepping disks and tells everyone to take cover before it is too late. "Storm" comes along yelling, ‘It is found, it is ours!" then strikes the ground with lightning. Thunderbird asks her if she has gone nuts and she replies with another bolt of lightning to the ground which sent Thunderbird into Magik, and knocked Betsy completely out of the game. The only one two escape was Archangel but even he couldn't fly against a flash freeze. The only thing that stopped "Storm" was Pilgrimm, who she was stomping before a surprise attack.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#83 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah a possessed Storm stomp a roster of X-men including Magik, Thunderbird, Psylocke Archanagel and a few demons....

.............Where?

Before the scan Magik entered Earth through one of the stepping disks and tells everyone to take cover before it is too late. "Storm" comes along yelling, ‘It is found, it is ours!" then strikes the ground with lightning. Thunderbird asks her if she has gone nuts and she replies with another bolt of lightning to the ground which sent Thunderbird into Magik, and knocked Betsy completely out of the game. The only one two escape was Archangel but even he couldn't fly against a flash freeze. The only thing that stopped "Storm" was Pilgrimm, who she was stomping before a surprise attack.

I MUST FIND THESE ISSUES!

Avatar image for roddy2010
#84 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#85 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Avatar image for roddy2010
#86 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#87 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

I think Matt Fraction should of read that.

Avatar image for roddy2010
#88 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

I think Matt Fraction should of read that.

Matt should take his head out of his ass, read a few arcs and try again...

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#89 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

I think Matt Fraction should of read that.

Matt should take his head out of his ass, read a few arcs and try again...

He can write a fanfic.....just to see if he actually understand what he's talking about.

Avatar image for roddy2010
#90 Posted by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

I think Matt Fraction should of read that.

Matt should take his head out of his ass, read a few arcs and try again...

He can write a fanfic.....just to see if he actually understand what he's talking about.

Yeah but no one writes better fanfic than you...Maybe you should switch places...lol

Avatar image for storm_calling
#91 Edited by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

Precision/ Accuracy

Many may not know that Storm's ability to command the energy systems of an atmosphere also involve controlling the forces that pattern and factor the weather, such as heat, moisture, electricity and of course, air. This somewhat gives her the ability to channel and manipulate some of the factors of the weather directly. We have observed Ororo manipulating hydrogen atoms, electrons, and air directly. As well as alter the state of water into all of it's forms at command(from gas to liquid, liquid to ice and vice versa for example). Other examples include when was shown controlling wind with enough precision to levitate a single pebble to pick a lock, nabbed an unsuspecting Kitty Pryde from within the X-mansion and brought her several miles into the sky with her, so that they could have a private meeting. Or when she tagged the Blackbird in New York while being stationed in Wakanda at the time. She has even created a hyper-ionized patch of air inside of a digital camera to erase it's memory. This control can be applied to the human body as well, such as controlling oxygen levels in the lungs and manipulating pressure within the inner ear. She has threatened to run lightning through a persons insides(ouch), and has shown that she can drop the internal temperature of a gun -200 degrees after it had been fired and before the trigger could be pulled. Looking at this from a different perspective, this applies as well to her ability to produce effects that have not existed on Earth naturally, such as when she produced a Jovian pressure field with more pressure than is found on Jupiter to contain a small scale nuclear explosion. As long as she has the resources and strength, it can stand to reason that it would apply to many other effects. I would like to get into a bit more detail later with how this applies to her normal manifestations of her powers, such as when she produces storms or blizzards without affecting other areas, and the rules that she follows.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13

Lightning Force/Pressure gradients

Lightning usually only produces a shockwave as force when it strikes, but that is not all that Storm's lightning has been shown to do in the past. Looking at her powers from a general explanation, it was stated that she could manipulate both force and energy. Considering this, it is most likely the reason she has been able to apply force with her lightning, such as was the case when she blew a huge hole from the bottom of the sewers into the city streets, or when she smashed through rock and stone with it's force, created an electrical bomb explosion effect, destroyed the X-jet and other heavy metal objects, as well as have sent many of her opponents flying back with extreme force(enough to KO). They have even been used for defensive purposes as well, such as when she blocked a concussive force blast from Cyclops, detained a leaping Panther into a lightning force cage, or deflected Gambit's kinetically charged cards.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Storm also has excellent control over pressure. We have seen her instantly alter the state of pressure in a building to make it explode from the inside(she has been shown doing the same to a house). She can produce incredibly powerful barriers and fields to deflect objects and energy forces with her pressure control(Jovian pressure field shown above, as well her pressure dome, which she used to deflect falling debris and punch through a mountain top), and has shown enough precision to buffer out sound in a noisy club by creating a boundary layer over the door of a room, so that Yukio could hear her, as well as support a multistory skyscraper with this ability. Her pressure control seems to be a very underutilized ability, and has not been applied to her powers very often, aside from producing weather effects. It's power however, is unquestionable.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Willpower/Telepathic Resistance

No Caption Provided

Something that was gradually gained through Ororo's time with the X-men, Storm has one of the most powerful wills of them all and is a powerful opponent against telepathy in battle. Going into detail, I would like to make it very clear that Storm's defenses for this archetype was something that grew over time and was not always applied in every encounter. All of our walkthroughs relate to things that have happened on a consistent basis, and for the most part, Storm has three different powers that give her defense to telepathy.

The first being her willpower. This came after several encounters with Emma Frost, who had come to be one of Ororo's deadliest foes before she eventually joined the X-men. Emma defeated her twice(though both were ambushes) with her telepathic powers, but after she switched bodies with Storm, and Ororo fully comprehended the way telepathy worked, she was able to best Emma in combat. Establishing for the first time that Emma would never dominate her mind again or anyone else. Since then, Ororo's will grew even more, all the way to a point where her indomitable will was being compared to the most powerful minds on the planet. Charles Xavier himself and Magneto(whom's will is second to none). Examples include when she withstood the combine power of Professor X, Psylocke, and Oracle in Warkull, who attempted to use their powers to destroy her and the X-men; When she fought Dracula's powerful mental hold over her, due to his shared mystical vampire blood within her; As well as when she resisted Malice's possession while being powerless. Considering that notion, it makes since to apply this to her ability to wrest control of other elemental controllers, such as Hydro-man with his water form, Blitzkriegs' electricity control, Amelia Voght's mist form(her movement), Shaman's blizzard, Hurricane's wind control, Living Lightning and Stardust's electrical forms, and bested the Trion in their own element. It also applies to her ability to disperse powerful storms. Her strength of will has always been quite strong. It could have been that she simply didn't know how to apply it against telepaths until she became one herself after switching bodies with Emma Frost.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16

Her second defense to telepathy is the increased electrical activity in her brain, described as static. This is a passive ability that wasn't applied until her run in X-treme X-men, when her best friend Jean tried to have a taste of her ice cream during a telepathic meeting. Jean stated that she was unable to taste the ice cream because there was too much static in her brain, due to the electrical forces that she controls and that it prevented anyone from doing any deeper probes. Considering Storm wasn't trying to resist her friend, it stands to reason that this power is always active. This was also used in Worlds Apart, when The Shadow King was unable to enter her mind due to the electrical forces that she controls. This had given Storm the advantage of preventing him from discovering her plans when she made a deal with the Goddess Bast, for her to hide within Ororo's mind and consume the Shadow King when he tried to enter. It also stands to reason that Storm has somehow been able to control this ability to some degree, considering she was able to trick the Shadow King into entering her mind at the conclusion of their battle.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Her third and final defensive ability towards telepathy also involve her electrical abilities. This was also revealed in X-Treme X-men, when Xavier attempted to have a meeting with an angry Ororo in his astral form. Who's emotions were out of control, causing a powerful electrical storm. Xavier notes that Ororo's lightning was causing him pain, and that he was barely able to even maintain communication with her under normal circumstances. This was also an indirect occurrence that only recently had shown to be the case. After a battle with Bogan, who was utilizing Rachel as his slave in an astral form, Storm allowed him to enter her mind before hitting the astral form directly with lightning, destroying it. This is good indication that Storm's electrical abilities have a direct and painful affect on psionic energy and telepaths in general. She has created a lightning field to block Rachel completely as well. This can also be applied to Telekinesis, considering both run off of the same energy systems. Storm has blocked both Candra(whom she beat in a duel), after deflecting her psionic bolts with lightning and blasting her continuously until she tore through her defenses. She has also calmed and blocked Psylocke's telekinesis when she lost control for a short period.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Amplification/Large Scale Mediums/Beings/Forces

It is often misconstrued that Ororo's power levels are inconsistent when referring to her ability to contain cosmic forces and manipulate forces much more powerful than Earth's. An easy way to understand the reason she is able to do this is by looking at her galactic core feat. Before she was able to channel the core, she first realized that she was being fed power, both physically and mentally. This power influx is what allowed her to reverse the brood queen transformation and destroy it. Considering this fact, it is more of a case where the power is actually allowing for her to pull off the feat and not herself, considering her ability to control these energies are dependent upon the strength of her body and willpower(both being magnified in this case). This was first indicated in the X-men's battle against the Alpha Flight, when Storm was forced to tax her abilities to their fullest in order to quell a powerful blizzard that Shaman had inadvertently caused. Storm stated that she was forced to tap into the electrical potential energy of the Earth itself to aid her in dispersing that powerful storm. This is directly referenced in her galactic core feat, just as she's channeling the stellar energies through her body to end the wretched brood embryo, but in that case it describes that things were magnified. Knowing this, it can be applied to many of her grand scale feats, such as when she wielded the wonders of the Trion dimension and utilize the full effects of it's power. It should also be noted that while this amplification does increase Storm's willpower, it is not the source of her willpower. Powerless, she was still shown to be incredibly willful against mind control and the likes(her battle with Malice's possession is a great example of this).

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Which brings me to her ability to house cosmic essences. Doctor Strange has described that Ororo has an incredibly powerful will, much so that he knew she would be alright when he placed Eternity in her consciousness, exposing her mind to the wonders of the universe itself. However, this wasn't the first time Ororo had been exposed to such awareness. When Ororo bonded with the Acanti's Prophetsinger shortly after summoning the power of the galactic core(which she also gained a large scale awareness), she gained all sorts of the awareness from the universe while she nurtured the space whale until it could fend for itself. Acanti's are said to have knowledge of the universe even before the big bang, and is passed down from each other. They were hunted by the brood for this knowledge and for a vessel for them to survive in. Considering this fact, it stands to reason that Storm had already been exposed to a large part of the universe under another large scale being, long before she housed Eternity. Considering that fact, it was childs play to host Bast in her mind to trick the Shadow King, and have him be consumed by the Panther Goddess.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
Avatar image for son_of_storm
#92 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Son Of Storm: That and the Aladdin Affect...,

I got that one!

Good job there were some beast Storm moments in that arc. One of my fav scenes was when she created that lightning to break the dome.

I think Matt Fraction should of read that.

Matt should take his head out of his ass, read a few arcs and try again...

He can write a fanfic.....just to see if he actually understand what he's talking about.

Yeah but no one writes better fanfic than you...Maybe you should switch places...lol

Lol you know I'm no good with deadlines.

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#93 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling

EPICNESS!

Avatar image for warlock2792
#94 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#95 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

We learned from the bad days!

Avatar image for warlock2792
#96 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

We learned from the bad days!

OMG, my first debate, I was screaming at my friend to teach me how to post images, because I'd never used photobucket before in my life...............................I've grown, oh, so much

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#97 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

We learned from the bad days!

OMG, my first debate, I was screaming at my friend to teach me how to post images, because I'd never used photobucket before in my life...............................I've grown, oh, so much

Well damn. They didn't have an uploader here?Yeesh. Glad I wasn't here for that. I would of left!

Avatar image for storm_calling
#98 Posted by Storm Calling (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

LMAO! That's what makes us the most difficult to debate with. We use things that really happened, and we have the receipts to prove it.

Avatar image for warlock2792
#99 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

We learned from the bad days!

OMG, my first debate, I was screaming at my friend to teach me how to post images, because I'd never used photobucket before in my life...............................I've grown, oh, so much

Well damn. They didn't have an uploader here?Yeesh. Glad I wasn't here for that. I would of left!

.......................................................You young people have it so easy

Avatar image for son_of_storm
#100 Posted by Son Of Storm (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling: I love how, whenever we make statements, we always have receipts to back them up.................so reliable, our little group.lol

LMAO! That's what makes us the most difficult to debate with. We use things that really happened, and we have the receipts to prove it.

Yet somehow we're being "fanboys"......... -_-