#1 Edited by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
#2 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans of her wielding Mjolnir?

Edit: From what I've read here, she lifted in whilst being powered by Loki-magic. Does that count?

STORM

X-Men: To Serve and Protect #3(2011)Marc Guggenheim and Eric Koda

Back in the day, Chris Claremont and Art Adams did a big two-parter that dealt with the X-Men and New Mutants being lured into Asgard by Loki. It was notable for Loki giving Storm a very Mjolnir-like enchanted hammer called Stormcaster. Upon realizing that she was being manipulated, she gave it up, as well as her status of Goddess of Thunder. It was just a ploy by Loki in the end, but if push came to shove, would Storm have been recognized as worthy to pick up the real deal Mjolnir?

Years later, after the Siege on Asgard, Thor visited Queen Storm in Wakanda. In the aftermath of Siege, he discovered a box with Storm's name on it. Opening up, they found Stormcaster. Storm was drawn to it and upon picking it up, she regained her goddess form and returned to Loki's sway. Thor tried to talk her down and had to get physical. Becoming lucid, Storm grabbed Mjolnir from Thor's hand and used it to smash Stormcaster to bits. She returned to her normal self and the two pondered the meaning of Loki's posthumous intentions.

#3 Edited by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: I think not really. It was the stormmcaster which Storm wielded but I believe Loki had the stormcaster made with the same ingredients that the mjolnir has. Sort of.

But for X-Men: To Serve and Protect #3, she did not possess the power of Thor but she lifted the mjolnir from Thor's hand to destroy the stormcaster.

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I already knew she can lift the mighty hammer.

#5 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I already knew she can lift the mighty hammer.

That's great to know then. :)

#6 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting ..

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Twentyfive (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I can't believe.

That's awesome.

#9 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: i know right! the god and his goddess .. look out sif! XD

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by devilsgrin81 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

the cool thing is... this is actually true. Even Thor was shocked that she was able to use Mjolnir to destroy Stormcaller. btw... her doing so proves her selflessness... with Stormcaller she is a LEGIT GODDESS... and ain't nobody messing with her... i think Sthorm on Thor would be fragging Epic. She actually didn't fight him at all. She was only after Mjolnir to destroy SC.

I love Thororo as a couple... would be so cool to see her enthroned as Queen of Asgard. the All-Mother... cos seriously, who's ruling the Realm Eternal between the meat head Thor or the Queenly Storm?

#12 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

the cool thing is... this is actually true. Even Thor was shocked that she was able to use Mjolnir to destroy Stormcaller. btw... her doing so proves her selflessness... with Stormcaller she is a LEGIT GODDESS... and ain't nobody messing with her... i think Sthorm on Thor would be fragging Epic. She actually didn't fight him at all. She was only after Mjolnir to destroy SC.

I love Thororo as a couple... would be so cool to see her enthroned as Queen of Asgard. the All-Mother... cos seriously, who's ruling the Realm Eternal between the meat head Thor or the Queenly Storm?

EXACTLY! watch out sif! the munroe train has left the station!

#13 Posted by devilsgrin81 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilsgrin81 said:

EXACTLY! watch out sif! the munroe train has left the station!

ooh Sif vs Storm... hmmm unless Sif can fly suddenly... she gonna die (or at least get pounded into the ground...) and even if she can fly... she'd just get fried even more easily.

#14 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio

That's stupid.

#16 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by jayc1324 (26431 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: i did say whoever is worthy enough, what would said people have to do in order to be worth to you?

#19 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12614 posts) - - Show Bio

ooh Sif vs Storm... hmmm unless Sif can fly suddenly... she gonna die (or at least get pounded into the ground...) and even if she can fly... she'd just get fried even more easily.

Yeah Sif doesn't want it with Storm. She'd get sent screaming into Vahalla.

I did ship them too. I was shocked with the news of Thor becoming a woman (though I'd still be cool with them hooking up).

#20 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9907 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12614 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: oh ok....well for me nah no I want the male thor and storm to hook up

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

@thunderbolt30: you mean them hooking up even though thor is a girl?

Yes. I'm open to it.

Nooo.... Hmmm I'd prefer them than Storm and Yukio but I still prefer RoLo the most.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when has Storm had the heart of a warrior? I call WIS.

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a superhero. :)

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: That doesn't make you a warrior, for example Spider-Man is one of the greatest and purest superheroes ever but he still couldn't lift it because he's not a warrior.

#28 Edited by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: That doesn't make you a warrior, for example Spider-Man is one of the greatest and purest superheroes ever but he still couldn't lift it because he's not a warrior.

Probably but Storm has used knives. spears, etc.

#29 Posted by azaritorrent (538 posts) - - Show Bio

storm has the heart of a warrior because of her other accolades. not because she's a hero. first of all she has fought hordes of demons and warriors on multiple occasions. that alone grants her the title warrior.

#30 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: define "heart of a warrior" .. and no ish or any thing .. but you did see the others on that list right? ..

#31 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

storm has the heart of a warrior because of her other accolades. not because she's a hero. first of all she has fought hordes of demons and warriors on multiple occasions. that alone grants her the title warrior.

i'm waiting for his answer, then i'll do my ish.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: determine if she does have the heart of a warrior .. there is a list of all the others who have ever been deemed worthy of lifting the hammer .. the link is at the top of this thread actually.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe: Yes and pretty much all of those are warriors except from Superman who was only able to lift it because Odin allowed him to

#35 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: so do you think she does have the heart of a warrior now? or nah?

#36 Edited by abaldo (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that supposed to be a joke!

#37 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we can still consider Spider-man a warrior but I believe it's not really having a heart of a warrrior that qualifies one to wield the mjolnir.

@jonny_anonymous: define "heart of a warrior" .. and no ish or any thing .. but you did see the others on that list right? ..

malachi is asking you how do you define heart of a warrior.

#39 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: honestly .. storm and diana are probably more warrior than most of the guys on that list (with diana being more warrior as its her culture) I'm not suprised they're even on that list as they both have quite a lot in common

• both are royalty
  • both are exceptionally beautiful
  • they're equally powerful in their own right and their power sets actually compliment eachother
  • strong willed
  • diplomatic
  • leader qualities
  • and they both tend to stick up for their beliefs

and they're both probably the most popular women in comics ..

#40 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: honestly .. storm and diana are probably more warrior than most of the guys on that list (with diana being more warrior as its her culture) I'm not suprised they're even on that list as they both have quite a lot in common

• both are royalty
  • both are exceptionally beautiful
  • they're equally powerful in their own right and their power sets actually compliment eachother
  • strong willed
  • diplomatic
  • leader qualities
  • and they both tend to stick up for their beliefs

and they're both probably the most popular women in comics ..

alright. but Storm has indomitable will and is a more known leader. :)

#41 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Spider-Man has never killed a day in his life, he's not a warrior and that's what Odin said you needed to have

#42 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Spider-Man has never killed a day in his life, he's not a warrior and that's what Odin said you needed to have

But there must be a level of warriorship that you need to attain in order to lift the mjolnir. There are a lot of warriors on earth so are you telling me they can all lift the mjolnir?

I believe that being brave is already having a heart of warrior.

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Spider-Man and Superman both are brave and neither can lift it

#44 Posted by jhazzroucher (25150 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Spider-Man and Superman both are brave and neither can lift it

We don't really know how the mjolnir picks a wielder.

#45 Posted by devilsgrin81 (914 posts) - - Show Bio
Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of ... Thor
--Mjolnir's enchantment

That's a really vague statement, and makes no mention of criteria for worthiness. We assume a Warrior's Heart... but that's not a truly admirable trait. Many evil characters have the warrior's heart too. I think its about purity of cause and intent, courage, strength of will to resist the power of the hammer, and an innate goodness and nobility.

#46 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilsgrin81: exactly, also her level of physical strength meant that neither thor's hand nor the hammer should have moved ..

#47 Posted by devilsgrin81 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilsgrin81: exactly, also her level of physical strength meant that neither thor's hand nor the hammer should have moved ..

Not to argue with you mal ( ;) ) but her physical strength would have been considerable at that moment... she still wielded Stormcaller - making her in essence Sthorm...an asgardian in every respect... AND she was wielding Mjolnir as well... something she would be able to do due to her inarguable worthiness. At that moment, Thor could easily have met his match... either in battle or... a Love match... awww

#48 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by devilsgrin81 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilsgrin81: lmao darn ..

i really like the Thororo concept. And maybe with him losing his title as Thor, God of Thunder... this asgardian hunk can make time for our 'Ro. Or more likely she might deign to date him.

#50 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (3804 posts) - - Show Bio