Storm discussion

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waitomegastorm:

Considering the way Dr. Doom addressed all the members of the Marauders. I don’t think he saw or knows Franklin and Val are on the ship. Even though they are standing next to her. If you look again he doesn’t even acknowledge Franklin and Val’s existence.

With that being said. I’m going to take that as...Doom doesn’t know they are there. So, it’s not about underestimating or what not. Does Doom KNOW they are there. Lol

We shall see. I do hope it’s the Real Doom. But Doom is really good in using Doombots. I agree it would TOTALLY suck if this is a Doombot and beats the hell out everyone including Storm. That would be funny, but Suck.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: well if Doom didn’t attack Marauders for being with Franklin then maybe it’s because the Marauders invaded Lavteria ? its that's all I can think of.

well when FFvsX # 2 comes, we will also have BP / Marauders # 8 / GS: Emma & Jean, I hope that at least in some of these books Storm does something impressive

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm:

I think the Marauders were either sailing to close to Latveria or was in their Ocean territory. And Dr. Doom took it upon himself to address it.

I will say within 4 issues I believe only 3 Storm will do something. X-Men vs FF, Marauders and GS. I doubt Storm will do anything in BP. Considering the fact we still have YET to see Storm actually physically do something. It's not happening in BP.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Storm do anything today?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12006  Edited By Stormcell
WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: at least next week she will be in four books.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: at least next week she will be in four books.

Now, that's something to look forward too! At least one of them must have a good showing for her, right?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: well analyzing the possibilities we can have: Storm vs Doom, Storm vs Emma, Storm vs Shadow King or Storm vs Jean.

of all these possibilities Marauders and what else is likely to give us some good for Storm.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@waitomegastorm@stormcell

Small correction here. Storm is only appearing in ONE book next week. Marauders. However in the final week of this month (the 26th) she's appearing in 3 (possibly 4) books.

Makes my life easy when I know what's dropping when.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: lol thanks for the correction, i am easy to get confused with these things :p

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AIPT: Thanks for letting us know a little more about that scheduling change. Finally, I’m wondering if you could tell us who the star of the last issue of Giant-Size X-Men will be.

Jonathan: Our last issue is a bookend by myself and Russell Dauterman. We’re doing Giant-Size X-Men: Storm. (Which pays off the first issue and also features more characters than just Storm).

It really sets up what we’re going to be doing with her for the next couple of years.

Link

Dauterman continues to just blow me away with his Storm!

No Caption Provided

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: You have a knack for finding the good stuff to post here! Now, why can't Storm be drawn like this all the time? :)

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: You have a knack for finding the good stuff to post here! Now, why can't Storm be drawn like this all the time? :)

Honestly I believe it just takes a certain kind of artist to do Storm justice. Out of all the Storm I've read I can only say the names of a handful that I wouldn't mind drawing Storm on a permanent basis. That said I will say Dauterman is simply next level with his Ororo. I look at that cover and I see power, beauty, fierceness! This is not a woman with who you play with under any circumstance lol. I haven't had this much of a fangasm over a cover since the Fearless one!

Considering the apparent weight this issue will hold for Ororo I'm REALLY hoping we finally get some concrete and definitive explanations on her Godhood and her place among Krakoa.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12018  Edited By Stormcell

@son_of_storm said:
@stormcell said:

Honestly I believe it just takes a certain kind of artist to do Storm justice. Out of all the Storm I've read I can only say the names of a handful that I wouldn't mind drawing Storm on a permanent basis. That said I will say Dauterman is simply next level with his Ororo. I look at that cover and I see power, beauty, fierceness! This is not a woman with who you play with under any circumstance lol. I haven't had this much of a fangasm over a cover since the Fearless one!

Considering the apparent weight this issue will hold for Ororo I'm REALLY hoping we finally get some concrete and definitive explanations on her Godhood and her place among Krakoa.

I was thinking this rendition of Ororo oozed Hadari Yao Storm. I, too, am hoping that we get some "Goddess" Ororo stuff in this series given the interview said that the last issue of Giant-Sized is going to lay out what they'll be doing with Storm for the next couple of years.

Whatever the case, if they flesh out Storm's "goddesshood", I hope they make her immortal and very durable. Also, I hope they leave that hammer thing out of it. We don't need her to be a Thorette. I want her to develop the powerset she already has--to perceive the universe around her (which canon includes as stars, planets, and empty space) as patterns of energy she can bend to her will--to do myriad things.

I can't wait for the solicitations to come out for the final Giant-Sized issue!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:
@stormcell said:

I was thinking this rendition of Ororo oozed Hadari Yao Storm. I, too, am hoping that we get some "Goddess" Ororo stuff in this series given the interview said that the last issue of Giant-Sized is going to lay out what they'll be doing with Storm for the next couple of years.

Whatever the case, if they flesh out Storm's "goddesshood", I hope they make her immortal and very durable. Also, I hope they leave that hammer thing out of it. We don't need her to be a Thorette. I want her to develop the powerset she already has--to perceive the universe around her as patterns of energy she can bend to her will--to do myriad things.

I can't wait for the solicitations to come out for the final Giant-Sized issue!

It does look like it and I would LOVE for that to be true but the practical side of me is nudging the fanboy side of me and reminding it that Dauterman does tend to draw Storm with purple "power" instead of mere lightning. We've seen him do this several times in the past so I think that's just his quirk when it comes to her. Something to separate himself from the many other artist (both good and bad) that have drawn Storm over the years.

I'd have no arguments against this at all. Or at the VERY LEAST have her shift into an elemental form! We already know that this particular feat lies within her mutation it has just never expressed itself. But there are a multitude of things they can do with Storm and her Godhood. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again - The way Coates has defined the Hadari Yao as the Goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things. With that sort of general and all encompassing "mandate" you can practically fit Storm in any story of appropriate threat. For example I don't know if you're reading the current run of Thor but I feel like Storm should feel this Black Winter force on some level. Not saying I want her to fly in and steal the show from the Herald of Thunder (even though its clear they are both shopping at the same tiara store lol) but it would simply be a nice nod to her elemental AND divine connection.

As for the Hammer I don't think you need to worry about that at all. That writer damn near made it his mission to totally ignore or pollute everything Coates was doing with her in Black Panther even though he claimed he purposely never the book which I find to be really questionable considering right as Coates has Storm mending fences with BP he has Storm kissing other men or when Coates is laying down the foundation of her Godhood he turns around and goes with the Asgardian hammer story. Thankfully both writers and Storm have evolved past that sh1t show and we're moving on to better things!

Same! We've been burned so goddamn much in the past it would be nice that FOR ONCE we and Storm finally get our due!

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly shocked, I really didn't think she'd get an issue despite my hopes and Dauterman drawing it is amazing as well. I was grateful just for the issues she was in for X-Men, the first giant size and the hints at her mentoring in COTA, considering she's a mainstay in Marauders and they're respectftul to her involvement with BP. To see and hear how Hickman actually has plans for her and is giving her the last giant size issue despite being in the first to showcase said plans is such a gift.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm in Marauders #8

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what I figured would happen. Although I didn't expect the hug. Really not here for Storm and Emma bonding but given the circumstances and given their relationship with Kate I'll let it slide.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: yes, i was like "WTF" when they hugged, but i found it cute in the end made me wish that Storm didn't fight her.

but I hope she does something very painful against Shaw, something like what Bobby did on this issue.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what I figured would happen. Although I didn't expect the hug. Really not here for Storm and Emma bonding but given the circumstances and given their relationship with Kate I'll let it slide.

Agreed. I actually enjoyed this issue. I especially liked Emma giving the tour to the kids. Her personality of old shined through.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kept trying to tell everyone they weren't going to fight.

This was actually nice, I liked that they set aside their differences. I liked how Emma comforted Storm.

I'm sure Storm doesn't like Emma or trust her, but there's mutual respect there. And from what it looks like they could possibly be on the road to having a friendship. Possibly.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: yes, i was like "WTF" when they hugged, but i found it cute in the end made me wish that Storm didn't fight her.

but I hope she does something very painful against Shaw, something like what Bobby did on this issue.

Lol exactly. The thing is I believe Kate is probably the one they can 100% agree about and love unconditionally. Storm was Kitty's big sister/mother figure and as we all know Emma and Kitty have a complicated history due to her villainous days as the White Queen. So I think Kate dying is perhaps the single wick that can ignite some sort of new relationship between the two. Now I'd rather it not blossom into out and out friendship because (for better or worse) Emma is one of the few characters who will and can talk sh1t to Storm and not think twice about it. THAT's their relationship. Shade on shade on shade. It's simply up to the writers to keep it friendly or make it acidic.

Agreed 100%. Shaw's ass needs to be dropped ASAP. A single stray lightning bolt from Storm (then possessed by Emma) damn near overload his system and KOed him. Imagine the entire might of a storm focused on him backed by the rage of a Goddess! There shouldn't be a place on this dimension where he should feel safe. And lets also not ignore Emma in all of this! These are NOT two women with whom you fk with lmao!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:

Agreed. I actually enjoyed this issue. I especially liked Emma giving the tour to the kids. Her personality of old shined through.

Indeed it did. People often forget that at her core Emma loves being a teacher and she loves children especially mutant children. Hell that's literally why she even agreed to get on this Krakoan train in the first place lol.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:

I kept trying to tell everyone they weren't going to fight.

This was actually nice, I liked that they set aside their differences. I liked how Emma comforted Storm.

I'm sure Storm doesn't like Emma or trust her, but there's mutual respect there. And from what it looks like they could possibly be on the road to having a friendship. Possibly.

Lol exactly. We both knew it wasn't going to come to an all out drag fest because tbh that's not something we'd expect either woman to jump to. Storm giving Emma a solid one is exactly what I picture her doing... that or a mega bolt.

Yeah I'm hoping that we can finally put things to rest with these two. While there are some Storm fans who seemed to be stuck in the classic days and still believe Emma to be evil incarnate the rest of us have moved on and if this is the start of a NEW foundation for both characters then so be it. My only thing is I don't want a Jean or Betsy level friendship with Storm and Emma. Storm does not need to be surrounded by yes-men and Emma is the perfect character to be that "block". You try that with Jean or Betsy and you run the risk of getting bogged down by years of canonical friendship/trust drama.

But yeah IMO there has been mutual respect between the two since X-Treme X-Men. It's waxed and waned over the years due to shyt writing but that's just the pains of dealing with fictional characters being written by countless different writers. That's why I was initially annoyed by how Storm had seemingly regressed to her classic days of seeing Emma when at the start of Marauders she explicitly said she didn't want anything to do with Emma. That went against nearly all of their interactions in the past.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol exactly. We both knew it wasn't going to come to an all out drag fest because tbh that's not something we'd expect either woman to jump to. Storm giving Emma a solid one is exactly what I picture her doing... that or a mega bolt.

I Agree.

Yeah I'm hoping that we can finally put things to rest with these two. While there are some Storm fans who seemed to be stuck in the classic days and still believe Emma to be evil incarnate the rest of us have moved on and if this is the start of a NEW foundation for both characters then so be it.

EXACTLY.....

My only thing is I don't want a Jean or Betsy level friendship with Storm and Emma. Storm does not need to be surrounded by yes-men and Emma is the perfect character to be that "block". You try that with Jean or Betsy and you run the risk of getting bogged down by years of canonical friendship/trust drama.

They don't NEED to be the BEST OF FRIENDS like Jean or Betsy. But they can be Friends..........just not Close.

But yeah IMO there has been mutual respect between the two since X-Treme X-Men. It's waxed and waned over the years due to shyt writing but that's just the pains of dealing with fictional characters being written by countless different writers. That's why I was initially annoyed by how Storm had seemingly regressed to her classic days of seeing Emma when at the start of Marauders she explicitly said she didn't want anything to do with Emma. That went against nearly all of their interactions in the past.

I agree.

Today, I saw this as BOTH characters actually growing. They may hate each other after this again, but this looks like a chance to start over. Emma has OPENED up to Storm and that is.........................WOW. And Storm showing how Vulnerable to Emma is....................YIKES. People who hate each other don't do that. So, this is a start to a possible Friendship. Not Best Buddies, but just being cool with each other.

That's how I see this.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass

At the end of the day I'm jut hoping for no more mindless drama between these two. In the grand scheme they both want whats best for Mutants and that's all that counts.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a doubt, did Bobby teleport himself and Bishop?

if he did that maybe Duggan would also exploit this storm skill.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12032  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@waitomegastorm: I thought he did too. But No. Bobby did not Teleport. Bishop called for Evac right after Bobby was finished being Blood Lusted.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@son_of_storm:Fair Enough.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it too much to hope for that this is Storm already going absolutely berserk?

Link.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: I believe it is Storm but she is in danger or that something bad has happened to her.

they probably found her unconscious

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

if Storm is going to fight in space I want her to fight in Base form.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm

It would be a nice display to finally see some sort of physical amp due to her divine status. Having her base form be in outer space without any sort of suit or technological environment support (think of BP's wristbands from their run in F4) would finally cement that she's no longer simply flesh and blood.

That said based off the preview it looks like she's simply gathering her strength/biding her time to pull off some epic power strike.

Either way next week is going to be a hell of a ride given all the stuff that's going down where Storm is concerned!

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: well the biggest problem of Base Storm in space would be air, she has high resistance to radiation and cold, storm could create shields with a stable atmosphere so that it would have no problems or find a way to store air in her lungs for longer, those would be one of the ways that I see Base Storm fighting in space without needing any equipment.

but I agree that it would be nice if Hadari Yao showed some physical feat.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Size Emma/Jean was a bit of a letdown. Dauterman's art is basically candy on paper and for that reason alone you should get the book. However if you're not like me and want a bit more meat and potatoes you're going to be disappointed.

One thing I got from this issue though and I hope people done miss it is that this is proof that Storm's psy defenses are STILL around and STILL top notch. It took BOTH Emma and Jean working together to overcome her mental defenses while saving each other. Unless of course things have shifted from NXM #121 and having two of the Earth's most powerful telepaths struggle to breach the inner recesses of your mind no longer means you have mental defenses.

You simply never know how alternative facts and pretzel logic will reign supreme when it comes to downplaying Storm on this site.

-----

Black Panther was a bit better. Sadly even this was nothing to really go ape sh!t over. I'd call this more of a flex of her Omega status than her Goddess status. Still it proves that Storm is WITHOUT QUESTION a nuke that can easily turn the tide in a war. We got a nice feat and stunning artwork (Eternity is packing his bags for a vacation because there's a new Cosmic face taking over lol). Also a nice touch were the growing flowers as she got closer to unleashing her attack.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did storm turn into an astral form?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12041  Edited By Son Of Storm

@kasya_carey said:

So did storm turn into an astral form?

In a way I suppose she did. Her mind/awareness reached out and took control over the atmospheres in the ships. Her physical body did remain on the ship though so still no defense boost. And this fancy face could easily just be artist interpretation to what Coates wrote. Admittedly it's far more exciting to see this cosmic face than see Storm sitting in a meditation position explaining what she's doing.

I'll add the scan since I guess the issue has been out long enough for people to grab.

No Caption Provided

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: BP was a nice feat. By the way, is that a symbiote that saved the villain guy? Have you been following the story line? I've only been reading the Storm issues.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: BP was a nice feat. By the way, is that a symbiote that saved the villain guy? Have you been following the story line? I've only been reading the Storm issues.

Indeed it was. And yeah it is a Symbiote. But no I don't follow the story. Like you I only read the issue if Storm is in it. Between BP fans constant complaints about the slow story pace and their bashing of Storm at every chance I really don't feel bad about not going out of my way picking up the non Storm issues.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh!t, I do think a feat of pure power is overdue but damn seeing her syncing with 31 seperate environments at the same time and messing them up differently is so cool. That skill is insane, by far her best skill feat, like making 31 different storms except shes targeting moving ships with limited/micro climates. Its even better that she clarifies it only took her time to intricatly sync with so many different fields of energy instead of actually messing with them.

Coates continues proving he needs to write Storm, I don't think its even been reminded that she's an energy manipulator since...oh god I don't even remember.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh sorry back after just reading GS, but I knew it I knew she was too messed up from that attack, glad to see it was for plot purposes. Art was freaking gorgeous, the memory part with Emma cracked me up, seeing them struggle so much in her mind was pretty surprising tbh. Now I can't wait for whats up next.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh!t, I do think a feat of pure power is overdue but damn seeing her syncing with 31 seperate environments at the same time and messing them up differently is so cool. That skill is insane, by far her best skill feat, like making 31 different storms except shes targeting moving ships with limited/micro climates. Its even better that she clarifies it only took her time to intricatly sync with so many different fields of energy instead of actually messing with them.

Coates continues proving he needs to write Storm, I don't think its even been reminded that she's an energy manipulator since...oh god I don't even remember.

Lol exactly! To think you had people genuinely arguing that Storm no longer had energy sight/energy manipulation because it hasn't been mentioned in a few years. Somehow totally forgetting that said energy sight/energy manipulation is literally the foundation of her powers! The reason her eyes go freaking white lol!

Well in the X-Office defense Hickman did have Storm explicitly mention how much energy the Duracell twins were outputting. But other than that you're correct. It has been YEARS since we had mention of it. I believe the last time I recall was during her one shot with Gambit and she noted how dark magic had tainted the surrounding atmosphere.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh sorry back after just reading GS, but I knew it I knew she was too messed up from that attack, glad to see it was for plot purposes. Art was freaking gorgeous, the memory part with Emma cracked me up, seeing them struggle so much in her mind was pretty surprising tbh. Now I can't wait for whats up next.

Dauterman is simply a God tier artist!

I'm very finicky when it comes to artists because I'm of the mindset that no matter how good the story might be if the art is trash then the story becomes nearly unreadable (to me). That's why for all it's praise I loathe New-X-men because imo the art was garbage. Issue upon issue of what I call: Potato people.

As for GS I figured Storm's mind would treat Emma as foe lmao. Although Emma did antagonize Storm with what is easily their worst moment together. Then again perhaps she figured Storm would notice if she tried to lie her way past and figured truth would be the less dangerous option.

Still it was absolutely everything to see Storm's mental defenses in action! As much as I love Emma it comes as no shock that she couldn't make it past the first line of defense under her own power as she was almost eaten by that snake until Jean stepped in. And as for Jean it was nice to know that even a telepath as powerful as her still couldn't solo Storm's mind. Granted if we go by the coloring then Jean did do the bulk of the heavy lifting in Storm's head which besides the obvious reason I figured would be the case considering even the cover of the issue had far more "pink" than "white" when making the astral face of Storm. A clear allusion to their telepathic strength.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was very pleased with GS & BP, I am happy that Ororo's rescue had nothing to do with any telepath who violated her mental defenses and that in BP she did something very impressive without using the God mode.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers