So Zendaya Coleman actually got the Storm role but passed...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

because she felt the role wasn't big.

Article link: http://www.cbr.com/actors-who-were-almost-x-men/

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShepardOakenPrime

Isn't this sad, that she turned down the role of one of the core X-Men because she thought it wasn't big enough, but she accepted being "Mary Jane"...

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well to be completely fair and honest, Storm doesn't really have that much of a significant role in Days Of Future Past and Apocalypse (The two most recent actual X-Men group films in the 2010s) outside of a handful of cool moments (blowing up that jet with Magneto against the Sentinel attack, being a horseman of Apocalypse but not exactly contributing that much to the overall story) so I kind of see why she saw the role wasn't big enough for her.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Storm literally had about 5 minutes of screen time and maybe 20 lines of dialogue in total.... If you watch the movie Storm wasn't important at all nor were any of the other horsemen who were there just to show up and look cool

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kgb725: any other horseman except for Magneto, you mean.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: That's exactly my point, she's right not to take the role and it's frustrating that we are talking about someone who should be sharing the most screentime (depending on the story). It says a lot how Fox treats their characters if she rather take a part that is really just a potential friend/love interest rather than one of the most important and popular X-Men.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I can't say it was a bad decision

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol what a maroon...... What's she ever done that's really big or deserves big?

Kingnemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm isn't a big deal. Even in the xmen comics she's a background character with the personality of wallpaper.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this sad, that she turned down the role of one of the core X-Men because she thought it wasn't big enough, but she accepted being "Mary Jane"...

I haven't watched the movie yet but didn't she end up playing a different character and not Mary Jane?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: She kinda was, but not really.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: That's exactly my point, she's right not to take the role and it's frustrating that we are talking about someone who should be sharing the most screentime (depending on the story). It says a lot how Fox treats their characters if she rather take a part that is really just a potential friend/love interest rather than one of the most important and popular X-Men.

This is the problem with stories being written around actors and not characters. Cyclops, and Storm have both been thrown under the bus.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: If you don't mind a minor spoiler I can explain more but there's no definitive yes or no.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman

@shepardoakenprime: Usually I don't mind but I'm going to be watching it soon and I don't want to be biased against it by thinking of her possibly being Mary Jane. As it is I'm annoyed that they stole (not Gank) and the school thing from Miles Morales.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do people purposefully troll storm fans. I don't see this anywhere but in her forum. it's just a sign that y'all do like her because of u didn't u wouldn't be lurking in her forum.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I believe Zendaya will have a major role on the next Spider-man movie.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer Alex over her, but to be fair her role in Spiderman did have more screen time and lines than Storm on Apocalypse.

But now that I think about it, if she was Storm it would have boosted the X-men's popularity and the character.

MyLittleXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MyLittleXero

@dernman: Frankly I find it sad if a fat best friend and a science based highschool are Mile's main selling points.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dernman

@mylittlexero: Are your trying to imply that I said they were because I didn't?

Avatar image for weatherfanran20
Weatherfanran20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Weatherfanran20

Zendaya has a lot of personallity but the storm character in dofp has none and like 6 minutes of screentime, so I don't blame her, the role would have done nothing for her career besides a paycheck lol.

Kingnemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlexero: almost as sad as a perpetually dying uncle and getting no play are Peter's main selling points

MyLittleXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingnemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kingnemo
Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it wasn't big. storm was barely in it. too bad marvel didn't have the guts to make her the real mj.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zendaya has bigger opportunities in the mcu.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingnemo: That background character lead the X-Men for years, had her own solo series, along with mini series, is used for marvel promotions, and way more....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen, that is one of the things that i wanted to point out that if Zendaya only accepted the role, the fact that she's way more popular than Shipp, not only it would have boosted the xmen apocalypse movie's popularity but also Storm's character. And because of Zendaya, the director of the next movie might be giving her a bigger role in the next xmen movie. And maybe also appear in either new mutants movie, gambit movie and deadpool movie.

I actually can see fox offering her a solo Storm movie she's beautiful and popular enough to be given a movie.

I cant say the same thing to Shipp

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Very true, since Zendaya is popular in pop culture nowadays it will make the X-men franchise more popular and also Storm. If Z became Storm there might be a high chance that she will be give more scenes in a X-men movie. Storm will be taken more seriously.

But "career wise" Zendaya did make the right move for her career by choosing the Spiderman role since she had more scenes and lines there, probably it payed her more. And to add to it she is with her mother network "Disney/Marvel". Hmmmm maybe the Disney/Marvel and FOX thing was one of the factors in her decision, like she did not want to upset anyone in Disney if she worked with FOX or her management advised her to go for Spiderman so not to cause any complications. (even though Z has already split from Disney)

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. She was a cast away character in xmen, the mcu will treat her right.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually trust CBR?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers