Is Storm a pacifist or not?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Is Storm a pacifist or not? (15 votes)

Ororo Munroe is a pacifist 20%
Ororo Munroe is not a pacifist 53%
ost of the time, Storm is a pacifist 27%
Most of the time, she is not a pacifist 0%

In this interview: http://comicbook.com/2016/12/04/exclusive-marvels-daniel-ketchum-details-the-x-mens-resurrxion/

Shortcut: http://comicbook.com/2016/12/04/exclusive-marvels-daniel-ketchum-details-the-x-mens-resurrxion/

Ketchum stated that Storm is a pacisfist. Do you agree with him or not? What is Storm's true character? Is she really a pacifist or not?

No Caption Provided

• 
BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

X-men are not really pacifists.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

F^ck no Storm is not a pacifist. This whole idea is nothing more than a lame attempt to ONCE AGAIN put Storm and her potential development on the back burner. Bad enough we've had to deal with lightning woman for the past few years but apparently even that's too much for Marvel to deal with. It outta be funny to see how pacifist "Storm" deals with threats: "Winds come forth from the heavens rock my enemy to sleep!" Or wait that might be too brutal they may get nauseated.. May as well just let them KO her then!!

Get outta here with this bs. Times like this I'm glad I stopped caring about Marvel.

Would also like a name change.. Not a DAMN thing passive about a storm... so yea.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is a pacifist that's why I love her.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes Storm is a pacifist.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Perhaps, at one time, but then that little thing called character development happened, and she became this...

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately, these are superhero comics. Characters are reverted back to previous characterizations at the convenience of lesser writers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Perhaps, at one time, but then that little thing called character development happened, and she became this...

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately, these are superhero comics. Characters are reverted back to previous characterizations at the convenience of lesser writers.

But Callisto didn't die.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShepardOakenPrime

She's a pacifist in the nature of wanting to protect everyone she can, and avoiding conflicts is one way to do that. But if someone challenges her or people she cares about? She will not back down. She's a pacifist in treasuring peace, but she will not actively try to avoid violence at all times.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: You do realize that first example proves she is not a pacifist? She says "if you try to hurt us, we will retaliate", that's not something a pacifist says. In the second one she just avoids hurting misinformed officers...I don't see what that proves.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: That's irrelevant. Pacifists don't commit acts of violence. Storm is a superhero. Superheroes are in the business of violence.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's a pacifist in the nature of wanting to protect everyone she can, and avoiding conflicts is one way to do that. But if someone challenges her or people she cares about? She will not back down. She's a pacifist in treasuring peace, but she will not actively try to avoid violence at all times.

There is always a limit when one is a pacifist

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Yes, but there are too many times where she just decides to jump into fights and kick a$$ without her needing to. She avoids killing most of the time, but does not avoid violence as a whole which pacifists do. She'd need to straight out refuse to fight to be considered one.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?88579-Is-Storm-a-pacifist-or-not

Don't see a need for a pointless repeat thread where its clear to the majority of people who go by what transpired in numerous Storm appearances vs their fantasy version of Storm that she is CLEARLY NOT a pacifist.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

I will say this once and only once. THE FACT THAT STORM IS SHOWN TO LACK ANY FORM OF HESITATION WHEN A B*TCH GETS OUT OF LINE MAKES YOU AND THIS THREAD NULL AND VOID.

SIGNED. SEALED. DELIVERED. Back into retirement I go. Wake me up when pest control debugs the fandom for the holidays and hopefully all of 2017..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghandi was a pacifist. Martin Luther King Jr. was a pacifist. Pacifists never resort to violence, period. Storm resorts to violence...like...a lot! Not that I blame her, but Storm is nobody's pacifist.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

No Caption Provided

That was also repeated in the 90s, where Storm seemingly did kill Marrow, only for her to come back later.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

you are still obsessing over Storm?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jhazzroucher

Ok. I understand now but I don't think Ketchum really meant that Storm is a "pacifist". I believe he meant Storm prefers to settle things nicely rather than use violence.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided