Is 2019 time for a new costume?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll Is 2019 time for a new costume? (14 votes)

No. She just got a new costume in X-men Red. 29%
Yes. Let's try a new direction. 43%
Let's go back & recycle an older look. 7%
As long as there's a good reason plot-wise for a new look. Sure. 21%

So as we know.. Jen Bartel and Coates plan on working on a new Storm solo after Captain America is good and off the ground. (I KNOW BECAUSE I ASKED HER AT A CON.) With that said, the two decided Storm should have a new look reflecting the times & incorporating locks and this was a concept design. (THIS ISN'T OFFICIAL-- It's an idea they're playing with, more or less.) But what are your thoughts for Storm's look going forward. Regal? Rebel? Leader? Goddess? Icon? Something New?

No Caption Provided
 • 
butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like her current look just fine.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm's current costume looks good but I want a costume with a different color cos it's always been black and white or blue and yellow.

I want dominant red costume for Storm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By poisonfleur

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm's current costume looks good but I want a costume with a different color cos it's always been black and white or blue and yellow.

Post me a picture of something what you kinda have in mind. Because red could be good depending on the look. IMO, I'm over the caped-swimsuits at the moment. I this Bartel look, however I wonder if it will pick up?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Post me a picture of something what you kinda have in mind. Because red could be good depending on the look. IMO, I'm over the caped-swimsuits at the moment. I this Bartel look, however I wonder if it will pick up?

I'll try to look for a picture. Give me time.

As for the Bartel look, it doesn't really look like a costume.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her red look is fine for now. Just need the underside of the cape to be red

Kekoajohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that needs to go is that mohawk. Not a fan of the mohawk.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that needs to go is that mohawk. Not a fan of the mohawk.

But her Mohawk is gone already.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

underside only or like the image above?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

I think the one from Xtreme X-men was fun for that moment but it looks very dated to me in the present day. I think if you REALLLY want Red, maybe this is more up-to date in fashion.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:
No Caption Provided
@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

I think the one from Xtreme X-men was fun for that moment but it looks very dated to me in the present day. I think if you REALLLY want Red, maybe this is more up-to date in fashion.

Not that kind of costume and hair. I want Storm to look elegant and respectable.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:
@jhazzroucher said:
No Caption Provided
@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

Not that kind of costume and hair. I want Storm to look elegant and respectable.

I Like regal, but I feel her edgy and 'punk' side is also a major aspect of her that shouldn't be dismissed since it added a lot of dimension to character. It shouldn't just be dropped.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope by May or June of 2019, we will see a new Storm costume.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Costumes are sooo 1965. Nowadays (and for some times now), characters change costume everytime they switch writers or illustrators. Iron Man is maybe the worst offender in this trend. We don't even spot them anymore, since they're so volatile. A colour pattern, a symbol, a specific piece of clothing/armor are what defines a costume today.

gamer_chic434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we have no more super-heroines fighting crime in bathing suits I'm fine. All of them should have evolved from all of that already.

Right now I'm fine with the current black costume she has but if she switches it up I would like to see a different color instead of black or at least mixed some other color in, like someone said the underside of the cape being another color.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we have no more super-heroines fighting crime in bathing suits I'm fine. All of them should have evolved from all of that already.

Right now I'm fine with the current black costume she has but if she switches it up I would like to see a different color instead of black or at least mixed some other color in, like someone said the underside of the cape being another color.

Black costumes don't look good on daylight.

gamer_chic434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_chic434 said:

Lol. Also seems like it would get really hot fighting in all black too. But with this new book coming out I guess we'll see if they switch it up.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:
@gamer_chic434 said:

Lol. Also seems like it would get really hot fighting in all black too. But with this new book coming out I guess we'll see if they switch it up.

I'm also tired of Storm costumes that are dominantly black in color.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tttoooorrrnnn. I am starting to like her look from Red (even though we need a wedge or heel to edge it up) but the proposed new look from Bartel <3....:-D....I am really liking that too. I wouldn't go with dreds but I would like a style with braids.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what are your thoughts for Storm's look going forward. Regal? Rebel? Leader? Goddess? Icon? Something New?

...Regal, you say? Heh.

Anyway, doesn't matter. I think I've liked virtually every Storm costume to date.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say no because her Red costume is gorgeous, but if they're finally going to let her be a goddess then I wouldn't mind a costume to match, something vibrant and unique.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers