User Lists: 0

Yes!!!!!!!!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Put this in the Storm discussion since the info was a bit limited but this is nice too lol.

pollymars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I am here for this

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

"GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1

In GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST, Hickman and Dauterman took Jean and Emma into Storm’s mind to learn what had happened to her. Now they take the X-Men’s resident goddess to the far end of the world to save herself!"

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stormcell

@waitomegastorm said:

"GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1

In GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST, Hickman and Dauterman took Jean and Emma into Storm’s mind to learn what had happened to her. Now they take the X-Men’s resident goddess to the far end of the world to save herself!"

Storm is going to have to save herself? I hope she does something powerful.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any news on the next issue? I see only issue one.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost: if you're talking about Giant Size in general, only GS: Jean and Emma and GS: Nightcrawler are available. Giant Size Magneto will come out next month and Giant Size Storm will come out in September if I'm not mistaken.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see. I am just confused with all those title names Giant-Size X-Men, there is so many of them! So I wasn't sure which is Issue 2 or Issue 3...

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Son Of Storm

Russell did an interview. Here are the bits that pertain to Storm.

AIPT: In an interview with Anthony Blackwood for Marvel.com, you mentioned Jean and Storm are your “favorites.” So they’re both your favorite X-Men characters?

Russell: Yeah, I’d say it’s a tie! I’ve gone back-and-forth over the years, but if I had to pick one, I’d pick Jean. But I love them both!

AIPT: Jean’s one of my favorites too. And what do you love about Ororo?

Russell: I love that she’s this regal goddess–but also a switchblade-wielding thief. That dichotomy is very cool. Her character is really rich with a lot of layers, her character design is incredible and her powers are really fun to draw.

My favorite Storm stories are probably from the Paul Smith era of the Chris Claremont run–where she starts doubting her powers and has that amazing fight in the Morlock tunnels leading up to her punk transformation. It’s a great arc for her.

AIPT: Something else Jonathan talked about in his last X-Men Monday appearance was Giant-Size X-Men: Storm, which he said “really sets up what we’re going to be doing with her for the next couple of years.” That’s all we know so far. What else can you tease about the story? And is it finished?

Russell: Yep, it’s all drawn! Right now it just needs color and dialogue.

The issue picks up where the Jean and Emma issue leaves off, and Storm leads a team on a mission to save her life. This was done Marvel Style too, but the plot is more involved with Jonathan’s larger plans.

Full interview. Mostly bits about his love for Jean and his favorite comics/issues.

Overall I'm absolutely THRILLED to learn that Storm won't be KOed for the entire issue and even with all of this is still going to be able to lead a team!

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely glad its confirmed she's not in a coma or something for any part of it, also very interesting to hear that the plot involves Hickman's larger plans along with what Storm is going to be doing for a couple of years.

I've really liked how Hickman has wrote her and what he's done so far overall so I'm very excited to see a Storm focused issue that involves important plot.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just hoping that we get something GOOD from this. As people have noted the last time something invaded Storm's body we got the galactic core feat so now that she's in this position and now she's a literal Goddess I'm hoping they finally let her take the next step and evolve beyond flesh and blood.

Given that GS: Storm is going to set up what she's doing for the next couple of years this is an all or nothing game. If this flops then its game over for her. Now more than ever this is the perfect opportunity for Marvel to throttle Storm to the forefront of Mutantdom and begin setting up her presence for the MCU.

The OG leading lady coming back to take her throne.

No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why we are talking about Jean in that interview. But whatever.

I hope Storm is written correctly. And I’m excited for this. This has been a long time coming.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure why we are talking about Jean in that interview. But whatever.

I hope Storm is written correctly. And I’m excited for this. This has been a long time coming.

My thoughts exactly. I love Jean but if this is supposed to be a team book or Storm centric why is she even being brought up in the first place?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010:

I agree. But whatever.

Anyway, I’m sure this is a Storm centric book. In Fact I’m positive. Despite Russell saying Jean was his favorite. I’m going to say thank you for including your second favorite: Storm. Lol.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m excited.

I’m curious as to how they Navigate The World and grab Monet and Cypher with her to join.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope in all of this hopelessness talk someone brings up the point that Storm could just die and be done with it. It's hard to feel the appropriate amount of emotional weight when we all know full well that Storm's resurrection would be done before her old body would get stiff.

Perhaps that's what Emma mentions which got her those looks from Storm and Jean.

Preview

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: I think that’s what everyone thinks.

But apparently this Techno Organic Virus somehow prohibits Storm from resurrection protocols.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: I think that’s what everyone thinks.

But apparently this Techno Organic Virus somehow prohibits Storm from resurrection protocols.

Well if that is the case I hope it's explicitly stated in the issue or at least some logical reason as to why we should be doing anything other than going about our daily business. Somehow I still want this to end with Storm evolving past her physical body as a way to cleanse it or something. Yet I'm really not getting that vibe buuuuut it is just the preview who know what the actual issue will throw at us.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read the issue and I thought it was beautifully written. Reminded me of classic Storm actually. She was strong and took charge of the situation! To Hickman's credit he answered my question of "why should we care" and formed it in a way that fit totally inline with Ororo's character!

Also it was nice to see the head X-Writer flat out have Storm state that she is indeed a MUTANT and a GODDESS.

Admittedly it was a major letdown to once again have this missed opportunity of her evolving past her flesh and blood form.

I'll re-read te issue again but at current I must admit I don't really see how this sets Storm up for some larger role like the way it was hyped up to be.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: You had to have loved the feat of what she did in the World though :-)?

I was just about to update it to her feats thread.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: You had to have loved the feat of what she did in the World though :-)?

I was just about to update it to her feats thread.

Oh I did! I thought it was brilliant way to show that Storm's powers are still what they always were. It may be a stretch but the way he wrote it makes me think of how he had Storm sense the energy of the Duracell twins. Simply put Hickman understands that Storm is more than lightning and wind.

Please do! You guys have a better way with words than I do lol.

Also going to give a shout out to Emma for once again getting under Storm's skin to ignite that fire lmao.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: @son_of_storm:

I read Giant Size: Storm again for the second time. And I MUST say this was a GREAT BOOK.

Hickman did a great job capturing Storm’s Voice. His explanation on how Storm uses her powers and how Russell Dauterman draws them is FANTASTIC. Not only that this did remind me of Classic Storm. Somebody who is not willing to give up and let death take her. I would love to have Hickman write a Storm solo than Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it. It definitely could've been better though, she shouldn't have seemed so passive about her fate in the beginning and she should've gotten more focus to show how the virus was affecting her. Otherwise I appreciate her message at the end, and I liked how her power moment wasn't just "I'm finally going to remember I have power" but she actually used her power strategically, oh and her making her power speech was pretty cool ngl.