• 110 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

News for the upcoming All-New, All-Different Marvel titles has been coming out the last few weeks. We'll have more announcements coming shortly so hang tight. One that immediately caught our attention is the new SPIDER-WOMAN #1 that's due in the fall. T

Jessica Drew's recent series by Dennis Hopeless went through some changes already. The arrival of Javier Rodriguez and the new costume really made the book shine. With the upcoming titles, we can't help but be a little concerned about what changes we might see in the creative team or the book's direction.

No Caption Provided

Now we know.

What you can see from the image above is Jessica will still have her newer costume. There may still be some that appreciate the classic costume for various reasons. The book really started finding its stride with issue #5 and that only was able to last until issue #8 before Secret Wars began.

We can relax a little as the creative team will remain the same. Dennis Hopeless will continue to write the series with art by Javier Rodriguez.

While the promo image does show the same 'new' costume, there is one change that had to be made.

No Caption Provided

"Parent by day. Hero by night."

It's not often mainstream superhero characters are allowed to start a family. This is going to be great. We know what happened to Spider-Man and Mary Jane's daughter. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones will hopefully still have their daughter. Jessica will really have to try to balance her hectic life. We do know eight months will have passed since Secret Wars.

The big question is, who's the father?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By goonage

What?

EDIT:Now that my brain has somehow wrapped around this concept- How is she supposed to fight when she's pregnant? Who's the father? Is her pregnancy going to progress in real time or in the usual CB time?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

This is by far one of the most dumbest things I have ever seen to grace the comic book industry.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Being pregnant and fighting is a bad idea kids.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@goonage: .........I second that.... What?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Really, shouldn't she go on maternity leave? Who's the baby daddy Hawkeye?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

IIRC they broke up. Although he could have been a booty call.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

Introducing her newborn in the first issue..........great shock moment and surprising start for the new serie

Having a very pregnant woman fighting crime in the first issue.......writer should be fired ASAP

eamon542000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By eamon542000

I'm pretty open minded but I cant image how this will work?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aaafb14ec726
deactivated-5aaafb14ec726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wow, Marvel is sure pure nonsense these days. At first, I was kinda glad they were rebooting all their stuff but this? This All-New All-Different Marvel is just plain creepy (to be light on the matter - or crappy if you're more hardcore).

And to think I was complaining about The New 52 continuity issues... (Batman and Green Lantern Solo facts undo Justice League facts and so on...).

R.I.P., Marvel.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: okay, heard someone said she got pregnant during Secret Wars.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FearTheLiving

@dondave said:
@the_kidd said:

IIRC they broke up. Although he could have been a booty call.

When did they brake up? I'm not up to date on everything, last I saw they were kissing in Hawkeye.

-

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone assuming she will be fighting while pregnant? It doesn't say that. They probably just preferred that image to her holding a new born child.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone assuming she will be fighting while pregnant? It doesn't say that. They probably just preferred that image to her holding a new born child.

That's true. It's not like covers are 100% accurate of what's inside a book 100% of the time.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Marvel is sure pure nonsense these days. At first, I was kinda glad they were rebooting all their stuff but this? This All-New All-Different Marvel is just plain creepy (to be light on the matter - or crappy if you're more hardcore).

And to think I was complaining about The New 52 continuity issues... (Batman and Green Lantern Solo facts undo Justice League facts and so on...).

R.I.P., Marvel.

All new, all different new 52

this is weird, who had this idea? Marvel didn't let spider man have a daughter but now so early on marvel reboot spider-woman will hav a kid? WTH is wrong with marvel

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mutant God

Adoptions also an option.

But if I had to pick a father I would say Doc Green, Spider-Hulk baby sounds like an awesome idea.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hot.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sasquatch888

I miss this

No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Flicker

She'll probably give birth pretty early on in the series. I have this feeling they are going to make her a single mother in order to continue to make things more diverse across the Marvel Universe.

Is the re-number really neccessary? It's the same creative team. It's pretty transparent it's just to encourage people to buy the #1's.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I mean.. being pregnant doesn't stop some women from going to their job.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 owie  Moderator

I've enjoyed the last few issues with the new costume and creative team, so I"m glad that will continue. Pregnant? Eh, I can roll with that. Hopefully it's not some baby of Immortus's or something :P

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't get why people are losing there marbles over this. The point of this cover and new status quo is meant for readers to go "Huh? that is weird I have to see where this is going". Who knows this could be a fun comic with an underlying message about maternal love and protectiveness.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veronicacris: What the hell are you guys talking about. How is it a continuity problem if 8 months after they are back she is pregnant? And if Spiderman doesn't have a child then no one else in the Marvel U should?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

A superhero getting pregnant and deciding to have a kid is one of the "dumbest" things to happen in comics??? I've seen waaaaay worse. I think this allows the character to actually grow or mature rather than be the same character.

As for the father, let's hope it's not Ben Urich or Porcupine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

I hope this is magical pregancy, i think everybody know how that worked for Carol. I just hope that being pregant and being a mother will only thing happening on this tittle. I hope that she isnt going to do crimefigthing while pregant.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pregnant, but not too pregnant to strike an impossible spine shattering pose...

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well this is...weird

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm, I'm not feeling this. I love Spider-Woman too.....ugh

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@br_havoc: Also Jessica could give birth before the whole maternity leave thing's even an issue. After all spiders DO breed kinda fast. The kid could be up and walking and talking in a few months... Which would actually make sense given her history of being experimented on in the womb and having her DNA screwed around with.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm.I tried reading the re-booted series after catching the end of Spider-Verse; just couldn't get into it...but now this?

Uggh, come on...what the hell are they doing to these characters...

On another note, Silk is a pretty interesting series---hope they keep it going.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illmatic4177: Seriously, people are on this board are super quick to make all kinds of assumptions form one promo image.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Maybe she should talk to Mary Jane and ask how that pregnancy worked out. I bet SHIELD is getting ready to capture/experiment on her.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@sasquatch888 said:

I miss this

No Caption Provided

I mean its still right there.

Yea, but it's gone for as long as the current editorial staff is at marvel, possibly for ever and telling us that it is still there is like telling me that if I don't like how the Red Sox are doing this year I should go back and watch the games when they were doing great.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh my God, she's pregnant, not disabled. Plenty of heavily pregnant women are capable of performing incredible physical feats. Disappointing finding 50's mindsets in a newer generation. I'd laugh, but no, this time it just makes me disgusted.

I love this. I love this so, so hard. Jessica is going to be a kickass mom and while I would love for this to be Clint's kid (since last time they were on panel together, they "made up"), I don't necessarily care. So damn cool for them to go in this direction.

Brilliant I get to keep Spider Woman after Secret Wars and even more so for her character to get some real growth. Yes, I made that pun on purpose.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@g_man said:

A superhero getting pregnant and deciding to have a kid is one of the "dumbest" things to happen in comics??? I've seen waaaaay worse. I think this allows the character to actually grow or mature rather than be the same character.

@ms-lola said:

Oh my God, she's pregnant, not disabled. Plenty of heavily pregnant women are capable of performing incredible physical feats. Disappointing finding 50's mindsets in a newer generation. I'd laugh, but no, this time it just makes me disgusted.

I love this. I love this so, so hard. Jessica is going to be a kickass mom and while I would love for this to be Clint's kid (since last time they were on panel together, they "made up"), I don't necessarily care. So damn cool for them to go in this direction.

Brilliant I get to keep Spider Woman after Secret Wars and even more so for her character to get some real growth. Yes, I made that pun on purpose.

No Caption Provided

It's stupid to have a superhero WHILE pregnant fight superhuman foes that are bent on physically injuring her in order to fulfill whatever they are doing, whether it be a bank heist or taking over a city. Obviously it's not the superheroine getting pregnant that is stupid. It's her fighting crime while she's pregnant and endangering not only her life but her baby. Sure the writers might try and put a spin to make this seem all heroic, but in the end it's a stupid decision on both the writers' and the characters' part. Unless this is going to be a more comedic run it's going to be a complete mess.

I guess telling a pregnant woman to not fight superhuman foes and not risk a miscarriage is a 50's mindset. Well damn I'd rather live in the 50's then "muh feminism empowerment" times of today.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

@ms-lola: As I said in one of the verrrry similar threads, it isn't a matter of sexism, but of the health and well-being of her child. If she picks a fight with Nitro the Exploding Man or some such, she can't expect the villain to give a fig about her unborn child's well-being. However, if conception happened before or during Secret Wars, this pregnancy shouldn't translate to comics long if carried to term because the "reboot" starts eight months after.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rpgesus
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@ms-lola said:

No Caption Provided

It's stupid to have a superhero WHILE pregnant fight superhuman foes that are bent on physically injuring her in order to fulfill whatever they are doing, whether it be a bank heist or taking over a city. Obviously it's not the superheroine getting pregnant that is stupid. It's her fighting crime while she's pregnant and endangering not only her life but her baby. Sure the writers might try and put a spin to make this seem all heroic, but in the end it's a stupid decision on both the writers' and the characters' part. Unless this is going to be a more comedic run it's going to be a complete mess.

I guess telling a pregnant woman to not fight superhuman foes and not risk a miscarriage is a 50's mindset. Well damn I'd rather live in the 50's then "muh feminism empowerment" times of today.

Mmhmm. Thanks for your opinion. Don't care for it, but clearly you feel the same of mine. Good thing this is fiction.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@ms-lola: lmao! what a joke

Totes, Hyuk, hyuk.

@neghead said:

@ms-lola: As I said in one of the verrrry similar threads, it isn't a matter of sexism, but of the health and well-being of her child. If she picks a fight with Nitro the Exploding Man or some such, she can't expect the villain to give a fig about her unborn child's well-being. However, if conception happened before or during Secret Wars, this pregnancy shouldn't translate to comics long if carried to term because the "reboot" starts eight months after.

Comics is comics is comics. But yes, I don't expect her to be twirling and flipping about town, but damn, that'd be cool.

No Caption Provided

@ms-lola:

And Shiva has no superpowers.

That. Is. AWESOME. O_O

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

I really don't mind her being pregnant and I'm certain that at a certain point in the pregnancy she won't be slugging it out with super villains. What bothers me is the idea that she'll A) keep the kid for longer than a few years and B) it won't be retconned into being a skull or some other type of alien offspring. I believe they'll most likely write her as having the child until the novelty wears off and then they'll get rid of him/her somehow. As to fathers? Does it matter? How many fathers have Wanda and Peitro had? This is marvel comics, Carol Danvers will probably grab the kid and hand him over to SHIELD to be raised as a fighter or just experimented on.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a fan of the costume. Fine to swap tights for clothes, but need to at least keep the imagery.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Those are good points, especially since there's history to back them all up. It would be awful for Marvel to retcon this kid away, but you're right. I guess I'll deal with that when it comes to pass.