WHAT IF you suddenly owned Marvel outright?

• 72 results
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

Now I know this question is way out in dreamland, but ever since Slott said, even if you won the lottery of a lifetime and are suddenly the owner of Marvel you wouldn't be able to change anything. which I think in all honesty is b**l. I would think that as the sole owner of the company, wouldn't you have every right to have a say on what is done with your own product let alone your own company.

So, what if you suddenly owned it outright, i.e no share holders, no board of directors, just you, be it via lottery, crowd funding, or personal wealth, what would you do, what changes would you make?

Me, and I'm going to be blunt, and pull no punches

I would start with getting rid of all the top level execs. like Quesada, Alonso, Brevoort, Wacker, and maybe a couple of others. H**l even Kevin Fiege, even though Homecoming came to be a success but after what he did with "MJ" in it, sorry to me that's a BIG NO NO.

Then I would look to replace a lot of the writers and editors, starting with Slott and Lowe

and to replace these execs and writers and editors, I would actually look to the fan community and people who not only have the skills necessary but actually grew up with the characters and have in my opinion a better grasp of how the character should be handled.

Then I would look at what projects are currently going and cancel those I deem unnecessary or just don't fit with what I feel is right. Starting with the new animated Spider-Man show and possibly the inhumans.

Then I would put a stop to events with the possibility of banning them completely, as well as really cutting back of SJW and Diversity situations and books and no this has nothing do with race or anything of the sort. I just feel that we need to concentrate on what made Marvel great and that is the core characters, because, I'm sorry all this SJW and diversity stuff is really hurting the brand IMO.

and finally at least, I would REVERSE OMD and fix everything done to Spider-Man and not only that, but make Spider-Man the flagship character once more with Mary Jane at his side along with Black Cat.

oh and before I forget, finally put Aunt May to rest.

EDITT: to add

I would also put together a sort of task force. and their job would be to go over proposals of stories and give me recommendations on whether they should be done, with me being the final say.

and this task force would consist of a two man/woman team, made up of one top writer and a top fan of the books in question and the fan would be someone who knows the ins and outs of stories and characters of said book. the two would also act a safety next against anything majorly political ending up in the book.

I would also create a tech team, whose sole job is to monitor social media and keep an eye on what the writers say and get up to on the net, and then if they find anything respond appropriately, while this might be big brother, 1984ish, given the behaviour of writers like Slott, I would see no way to avoid doing such a thing.

and one more thing, this involves favouritism within the journalism community, I would put a stop to favouring one news outlet over another, in short no more exclusives to outlets that give favourable reviews, news articles or act as mouth pieces for the company, in short they have to tell the truth. and if we suspect otherwise, then they get nothing from us. To me I would rather have someone tell me I did something wrong than stroke my ego.

I would also look to reducing Marketing's control, as their job IMO is not to dictate what should be writen, but to promote the stories the writers write nothing more.

EDIT

When it comes to Marvel studios as well as all the film rights.

One of the things I would do is to buy back every character right sold to Sony and anyone else. lease it back to them. but only on the condition that Marvel has final say on what happens with and that Marvel has controlling interest in its production.

EDIT

Here's something I would definitely do and is one of the most important

That is to put a time limit on how long a writer can be on a book, no more 10 year stints, at most I would allow is 5, and what this would do is keep the writing fresh with minimum risk of going stale, plus this would also give other writer new and old a chance the write the character. but it will have a clause where if necessary, I can the replace writer at anytime as long as there is good reason to do so.

and the same goes for the artist, and if his work is not up to par he/she is off the book. one good example, would be I would have fired Camincolli from the book of ASM the second I saw his Mary Jane in the "Power Play" story.

As I said, I realise this is out in dreamland, but I think the question stands, What would you do if you suddenly became the sole owner of Marvel?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZariusII

It's a tricky one.

This might be happening anyway, but I would definitely take Slott off the book, but not before I instruct him to do what he's sworn up and down message boards he wouldn't do and bring back the marriage before he leaves. I'd probably transition him on to a Superior Ock book or Spectacular if he insists on writing more Spidey. I wouldn't want to lose him as an ideas man either.

I'd ban my writers from using twitter for any other reason other than promoting their books, and to engage with fans positively and respond professionally to feedback. The slightest step out of line and they'd be terminated, or dropped from their book effective immediately.

I don't know Quesada personally, but I know he's more of a pro than I am and he has been open to advise from legends like Stan despite being his own man. He may not agree with all of my policies, but I would welcome any encouragement and information he can pass down to make my job easier.

A OMD reversal/merger with the RYV 'verse is definitely on the cards. I'd also absolutely confirm, not just leave vague hints for smart fans to pick up on, that Mayday's father was never killed in Spider Verse and that it was simply a similar reality's version that died.

Outside of Spider Man, I'd also restore some, not all, relatioships I felt were broken for no reason other than shock value. Scott/Jean, Vision/Wanda, and Clint/Bobbi.

I'd scale back the diverse books that don't work, but keep the ones that do or ones I feel have enough of a fanbase to sustain them long term, like Ms. Marvel.

I'd take another stab at the Ultimate Universe and deposit Miles and his supporting cast back there, where they belong.

I would make a case for Disney to pursue a more older, mature Peter Parker led animated series, based in college or have him working at Horizon or the Bugle, and to emphasize how strong his bond with his wife MJ is...and of course give them the family the one above all promised they would have. May would be gone too.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sell it because i cant handle a multi billion company

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By ursaber

@animehunter:

I like pretty much everything in regards to Spidey. Spider Marriage restoration, Black Cat restoration, Aunt May dead. I would leave Annie's existence in the hands of the fans. All things I want which I have in RYV thankfully. And I also liked what you said about dealing with Feigi over his "MJ" in Homecoming. Personally Homecoming wasn't that great, it was good (enough) but not excellent or great.

I would go full troll mode and keep the execs for a little while and make the changes they dislike. Slott and Quesada will be present and told them exactly what was going to happen. OMD would be undone, Slott would be moved from ASM, I would make Quesada apologize for OMD if he wants to keep his job (then fire him anyway after the apology).

I wouldn't get rid of diversity but rather, Marvel's pandering problem. I would not publish a million books a month. I would restore the F4 and bring back the dead X-Men. Racist political propaganda books like Squirrel Girl, America, Captain Marvel and even Ms Marvel would be cancelled (though Carol and Kamala would be revamped/restored). I would also focus on more team books instead of giving individuals their own dead on arrival books. Keep the Champions but cancel some solo series like Totally Awesome Hulk.

I would cancel Marvel's Spider Man and announce Spectacular Spider Man Season 3.

As for new writers and editors, I would limit their time on social media while on working hours, provide better offices and working environments, prohibit political agendas from poisoning the books, etc. Institute the Rule of Two, wherein every writer would have a co writer protege to eventually take over the title when the main writer's tenure is done to ensure consistency and continuity.

Events would occur every 16-20 months. Crossovers would be more frequent.

Would also open an office for fan feedback and encourage writers to make contact with their fans and be civil even in the face of strong criticism and dislike. I would also open up major polls for fans to decide which changes they'd like best for their favorite books and the Marvel Universe, like the outcome of an event or the resurrection of characters.

Basically I agree with you on EVERYTHING. Great minds think alike :)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTFL

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And to add

I would also put together a sort of task force. and their job would be to go over proposals of stories and give me recommendations on whether they should be done, with me being the final say.

and this task force would consist of a two man/woman team, made up of one top writer and a top fan of the books in question and the fan would be someone who knows the ins and outs of stories and characters of said book. the two would also act a safety next against anything majorly political ending up in the book.

I would also create a tech team, whose sole job is to monitor social media and keep an eye on what the writers say and get up to on the net, and then if they find anything respond appropriately, while this might be big brother, 1984ish, given the behaviour of writers like Slott, I would see no way to avoid doing such a thing.

and one more thing, this involves favouritism within the journalism community, I would put a stop to favouring one news outlet over another, in short no more exclusives to outlets that give favourable reviews, new articles or act as mouth pieces of the company, in short they have to tell the truth. and if we suspect otherwise, then they get nothing from us. To me I would rather have someone tell me I did something wrong than stroke my ego.

-

@itsaworld, @ursaber, @amazingfantasy, @quilsniv, @tattacus

@zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @eto@mizerous

@riscrit aka Spideyryan, @magnetic_eye, @theheaven_guardian10, @marvelman92

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By amazingfantasy

Funny, I had/have a similar idea but that focused solely on the spiderverse... Anyways. Ok going by your post I'll assume I have full control over everything, everything Marvel touches, instead of simply owning Marvel. Bow before me, Disney! LOL Anyways, what I'd do with the Spider-Verse:

Peter/MJ married, duh. A big OMD reversal story which I haven't thought of the details yet. Aunt May can stay but I'd make every writer give her something to do. Black Cat would get reversed. Ben Reilly would get reversed. (I also play with the idea of making Mephisto responsible for their changes... And then they'd get close *not romantically, or at least not necessarily :p LOL* because of that, making Felicia a regular member of Ben's book.)

Norman and Venom would learn his identity again. I'd probably make a huge event where Norman, after finding out, takes down every other spider-person but only Peter remains, similar to what he did to Reilly back on his death, and then they'd throw down (Peter wins, of course). That could also lead to Norman creating a gobby family in answer to the many spider-heroes, similar to Goblin Nation. Norman and Venom would be more constant threats now, not only on Peter's books, to compensate for their lack of material in recent years. Same to any Spider villain who hasn't been getting much spotlight, really.
I also play with the idea of Octavius becoming an anti-hero with this current body and of Eddie Brock being Anti-Venom once more, but... I also like them as villains too much. It's hard to decide. :p
I'd also retcon the symbiote retcon made recently and Agent Venom would be more like his classic self rather than the GoG version; I may also retcon that entirely. I'm not even sure I'd bring Agent Venom back but just saying, in case I do... LOL. I think something like, the Venom symbiote somehow being able to exist or have more than one mind and body, thus Flash gets one and Eddie gets another, or give him an AU version who's identical to his, maybe even tie-in to Venomverse, etc.

I'd bring back the sister books for Spidey. At the very least we'd have Spectacular, Web of and Avenging (Which is basically Marvel Team-Up). But there's always space for a Sensational/Unlimited/Friendly Neighborhood/etc return. Everyone else would just have one book unless they sell good enough to justify a second one.
The Avenging title would not be a simple team-up story but they'd actually develop the relationship between Spider-Man and whichever hero he's teaming up with. I also think of every 5 issues or so changing the team-up for another hero, like instead of Peter, Silk would team up with someone. Then use Anya on the next one. But just for a issue, then we'd be back to usual business.

I'd keep the Spider-Family and make them interact more between each other. Peter would be the unofficial 'boss', the guy they go to for science help (similar to how Peter used to go for Reed, Dr. Connors, etc), give them equipments like he did to Miles and Miguel, etc or simply give them advice. He'd be taking on bigger threats often but still have more than enough time for the old, street-level NY stuff. The books itself could vary between that, I'd give the writers freedom for the type of story they'd wanna tell, but they'd have to tackle either of them eventually.

Overall Peter would be way more competent. He'd be portrayed as the""perfect", most efficient Spidey, very formidable physically, upgrades himself with tech, has lots of experiences etc, the way it should be. He's a respected hero by now, especially by his fellow spider-heroes who know him better. Basically what Batman is to the Bat-Family, but of course adapted to the Spidey world.
Silk would get another shot at her book, but this time by a more competent writer. I'd also make them make her more important, in-universe, given her logic dictates she should not only be the most important Spider-Woman but Spider-Person on 616 (Well, second most important obviously lol). She just felt like another Spider-Woman on her book, a rookie one at that, so I'd put a good writer to fix all of this. I'd focus a bit on her mystical side, her role/powers as The Bride and maybe even give her some mystical enemies like JMS did with Peter. If the book fails again then no more books for her but I'd keep her as a supporting cast member on a spider-book somewhere, maybe on a Parker sister book or even ASM.

Same for Jessica Drew. Actually I'm not sure if I'd just fully writer her out and focus on other(s) Spider-Gals, the same way Bendis took the focus of other Spider-Women when he brought Jessica back to give her many spotlight as possible... Anyways if I'd take her away I'd make Silk Spider-Woman. If not, Jessica gets another shot at her book with a much more competent writer connecting her to the Spideyverse and all that stuff.

Kaine would get another book. He'd go back to Boston and remain there. He'd also fix things up with everyone from his book and be on good terms. He'd also be once again a member of the New Warriors, the same formation which he was a part of, which yes I'd make them return as well. He'd get The Other powers back and also be portrayed as the most physically tough Spider-Person. If his book fails then that's that but I'd also probably make him a supporting cast member on another spider-book.

Web Warriors would return, the concept is fun. If it fails again I'd do the same Marvel did and let then keep existing, despite the book cancellation.

Spider-Gwen, or rather, anyone else aside from the previously mentioned can stay but if their book stops selling I wouldn't let the books alive, but would probably make the characters supporting cast members somewhere else or simply leave their verse/world alone with a happy ending (In case of Miles, Miguel etc if their book gets cancelled and it would be difficult to fit them into another spider-books. Thus I'd just give them a 'goodbye' story in which is a good ending but shows their story is far from over, similar to Spider-Girl: The End or even Web Warriors kinda. They'd still exist and have adventures off-screen).

Every character from the Spider-Verse would be where they belong... There. Venom, Carnage, Black Cat etc have all been getting focus outside of it, which they can keep doing so, but I'll make it obvious their role is on the Spideyverse, it's where they belong and that's where they'll be, mainly.

I'd bring back the UU, MC2, 2099 verses and keep RYV.

Miles would go back to the UU. I also think about fully retconning his time on 616. Bendis would be off the book... But I'm not sure who I'd put in his place. Someone competent for sure.
Mayday would just keep her story so far. But I'd retcon or reverse MC2 Peter's death. I actually even have some ideas, oh and that'd be the very first arc. LOL If he wishes to return, DeFalco would remain on the book and could write as long as he wishes/can.
Miguel would simply go back to 2099 and keep having his adventures there like he used to. I liked his stuck on the present story, but it already did everything it had to. PAD would remain on the book and could write as long as he wishes/can.
Dan can keep writing ASM but he'd have to follow some of my 'rules', so to say... Which I genuinely think would make his work more enjoyable for everyone. If not I'd keep him for some ideas and knowledge, more of an editor and/or ideas man. But If I decide to take him out of ASM I may give him one of the sister books or at least a shot at it.

Overall Marvel:

- I'd fire Quesada (is he still a at Marvel)? Brevoort, Alonso, etc... Whoever else acts just like them. And since, on that hypothetical scenario, I'd be aware of the behind the scenes politics I'd fire anyone else who thinks similarly or was involved too that we don't know about. Oh and of course fire Bendis from every place he is. LOL
I'd also retcon and lessen the impact of every bad decision he made or simply characters that he gave spotlight just because he loves (Like Luke Cage or Jessica Drew), they wouldn't get thrown off a mountain but wouldn't get any special treatment either. Sorry, dude did too much (bad) And has a huge ego! :p not just for one or two characters, but the whole Marvel Universe since early 2000s and messed (still is actually) with my two favorites franchises from Marvel, and while at it favoring his own creations over everything that came before. Ooout! LOL Realistically he could get easily another job somewhere so I'm not all evil. :p But yeah I'd cut his impact from Marvel as much as possible.
But not just Bendis, but rather things that Quesada, Alonso etc touched as well, not only changing them but basically completely taking away their impact, making it pointless, but I'll cover that below... Bendis was more specific thus why I expanded here.

- I'd end the SJW wave and the characters. 100%, tooo the trash you go, sweet "legacy" characters. LOL Not only that but since they loved to shove them everywhere and make a point on how they're better than the old heroes in a big and obvious manner, I'd do the exact opposite. I'd show how the original heroes were always better/superior in a very obvious way and make them stop appearing and erase any impact/push they received, toys, game appearances, never mention 'em etc. Frankly I may even retcon them from existence OMD style LOL.
- Said retcon could lead to stories telling how reality was altered, which would take us to like back to ANAD or even slightly before. But just an idea, nothing solid.
- Kamala is the only one that could stay I guess, but I wouldn't make her call herself Ms. Marvel. Give the kid her own name. If this hurts her sales even more, well, not much can be done, the book would be cancelled and that's that. (Oh, I'd also see if she truly does sell well digitally or if it's just an excuse to keep a diversity book around... lol If it is, then given her numbers, her book would get cancelled right as I step-in)

- NO MORE EVENTS! Ok, not never, but they'd happen like, twice per decade. I want an event to truly be felt, to truly have impact. Which was kinda the point of the first ones, but of course that got lost long ago... But anyways, I'd certainy fix that.
- But I also think that an occasional office-event here and there is fine (Office event I mean by one specific franchise, for example X-men books crossovering between themselves, Spider books doing the same, etc). But it's totally optional and I'd leave it to the writers to decide wheter they'll do it or not. They'd also have to wait about 3 full years or so to do one.

- Enough of the Inhumans push. Only the originals one would stay and I'd retcon the mess they made somehow. People like the just mentioned Kamala would simply acquire their powers another way, not here for the details. LOL
- F4 back and getting the respect they deserve. I'd really push the book since it doesn't have the natural advantages that any of the other "big ones" have.
- X-men wouldn't get mistreated anymore. Enough of Cyclops=Hitler, Him Wolvie and Jean would be back, more classic teams etc. I'm not a big Xpert (:P) so I'd need help for this one.
- Avengers wouldn't get so many focus, but they'd still get decent enough. Basically their treatment pre-Avengers movie.
- Classic Defenders would be back! The current members can keep being a team but with a different name. Maybe Marvel Knights.
- Bring back lots of smaller teams because I can, like New Warriors, Force Works, etc.
- Basically stop the push for any MCU character and give them all fair and equal treatment. GoG being the biggest example I think.

- I'd also frequently get in touch with fans over things like twitter and question sites like tumblr. I'd wanna know their feedback or simply interact with them. Whenever the disagreement comes I'd respectfully explain my POV of why said thing was done. I wouldn't force anyone but would highly advise the team from the books to do the same as well. Similar to what Stegman is doing on twitter! :)

Well positive I forgot some stuff but I think that basically covers enough. Overall "my" Marvel would be really classic, and yet with a modern feel, a world full of hope and fun adventures. No controversy, no overload of events. Just fun stories that respect the characters and their fans. Simple as that.

Hah, this is fun. I haven't nearly adressed everything I wanted to and it's already gigantic and my time is running out, so I'll stop here LOL.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL realistically yeah, likewise... Tbh I don't think anyone here could handle all the business, reunions, pressure, politics and all the other non-fun, behind the scene stuff. Hehe :p But of course the intent is to focus on the more 'fun' side.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Eto

@animehunter: This is Marvel/geneeal topic, not Spider-Man.

Just sayin lol

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Fire Slott

- Fire spencer

- Fire Quasada

- Fire Brevoort

- fire Alonso

- bring back my favorite team aka FANTASTIC FOUR along with an aqesome writer (Hickman).

- cut. The. Sjw. Crap.

- price tag of 2.99

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The name "Captain Marvel" no longer has a place in the Marvel universe

Bendis is out and black listed

The fantastic Four are back, front and center

The movies no longer have any influence over the comics

The books are for kids again like they should be

Heroes wear proper costumes again, stop fighting each other, stop acting like they're in the military, and depending on who they are they get their secret identities again

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The name "Captain Marvel" no longer has a place in the Marvel universe

Bendis is out and black listed

The fantastic Four are back, front and center

The movies no longer have any influence over the comics

The books are for kids again like they should be

Heroes wear proper costumes again, stop fighting each other, stop acting like they're in the military, and depending on who they are they get their secret identities again

I approve of this post. ?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@eto: Pfft please, you're probably some punk rugrat who's playing with his mom's tablet

Get back to playing candy crush and the Pokemans >:(

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-First thing's first, clean house. Anybody who has contributed to the toxic atmosphere at Marvel, whether it be Slott, Bendis, Brevoort, Alonso, etc. They go. Also, the writers they hired from Tumblr or people like Gabby Rivera who continue to try and divide racial groups rather than come together? They go. Basically, we take almost everybody but a select few and toss them to the street. Artists are allowed to stay unless their art is absolutely wretched. (Henderson)

-Massive rehiring. Condensing Marvel's line to maybe a third of what they're selling right now and get about one writer for two titles (Unless they make it clear they can only handle one at a time.) and try a few imprints along the line of the Ultimate Universe would be sound. (I'll come back to this eventually.) Also, editors. No skimping on this one. Right now, Marvel has six editors. Triple it. Hire top-of-class editors who are willing to actually do their job and hold the writers accountable for their mistakes, as well as writers who actually care about the characters on a level that doesn't start and end in "political mouthpiece".

-Following on my last point, Marvel currently has about a hundred and four titles on print right now, and probably had more before they cancelled a large number of series six issues in. (I.E. Nova '17) Cut that number down to about a third of what they've got right now, not counting imprints or mini-series/one-shots. Give more emphasis on quality over quantity. Cut the seven or eight Spider-related titles down to about three or four, with one being the main book and the others being team/anthology books like Detective Comics or

-Do not show favoritism on an editorial level to any particular branch of the MU. It shouldn't be a dick measuring competition for the biggest promos. Everybody gets equal opportunity to present themselves, and those that succeed are rewarded with good sales. Stop with giving the Inhumans or Captain Marvel a bigger push than X-Men or Iron Man, for example.

-If anybody remembers my old "Breaking Point" concept, it'll be used in-universe to represent the transition in creative teams and reboot the universe so that we can remove all of the crazy changes that've been made so that we can start fresh, similar to the New 52 with more universal consistency (What should have happened after Secret Wars 2015). Title the rebranding "Rise of the Heroes". For a brief rundown of the titles I'd run:

• The Avengers: Flagship title and team book. Team consists of Captain America (Steve), Iron Man (Or whoever replaces him in the previously mentioned "Breaking Point" story) She-Hulk, Captain Marvel (Carol), Vision, Wasp (Jan), Spider-Man (Peter) and Nova (Rich Rider/Sam). Enough of previous and classic rosters to maintain a relatively familiar lineup, but enough new heroes to give a fresh take on the title.
  • Fantastic Four: The FF doing what they do best; exploring the unknown.
  • X-Men: The O-5 with a few new additions to their original lineup. Incredibly back-to-basics with adult X-Men.
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: Something similar to my Friendly Neighborhood run, but with enough changes to make it its own thing. (Kind of like how Hickman had to retool his own fanfiction before he came to write the Incursion Saga) Silk has a supporting role as the sidekick, but not to the extent she does in FNSM.
    • Amazing Fantasy: Reusing the Amazing Fantasy line to do a series of anthologies regarding the Spider-family. Jess, Arana, Kaine, Aracely and Ben would live together with their own baggage.
    • Agent Venom: Flash doing the government's dirty work as he slowly becomes aware of the plot to mass-produce Symbiotes with the technology he's retrieving.
  • Captain America: Story of Steve and Sam back as Falcon to do street-level things as partners.
  • Iron Man: Iron Man looks to find a protege by going to genius students in run-down cities to try and find somebody who build on their feet.
  • Moon Knight: A psychedelic introspection of Moon Knight and his budding personas, similar to Lemire's run in tone.
  • Nova: Buddy cop ongoing starring Rich Rider and Sam Alexander. What Loveness' Nova run would have probably been had it not been cancelled.
  • Captain Marvel: Explores Carol's role as the bridge between Earth and the outside cosmic universe.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: The DnA run lineup comes back together to defend the galaxy wherever they're needed.
  • Journey into Mystery: Thor and his team of warriors explore the Nine Realms, discovering the link between the mysticism of Asgard and the cosmic links of the MU. Consists of Thor, Sif, Volstagg and Beta Ray Bill.
  • Tales of Suspense: the Ant-family exploring the microverse and other size-related locales. Yellowjacket, Ant-Man, Stature and Wasp take the cast billing.

And that's just a quick rundown of the main "first wave titles". Apply the handy "$2.99 bi-weekly" strategy Rebirth did for the first few months, but maintain the bi-weekly release schedule while bumping the price back up to $3.99 after the first few months.

-Meanwhile, the diversity brigade (With Kamala and a handful of others being the exception) gets shunted into an AU similar to the Ultimate Universe that lost all their heroes. Allows them to be used by any creative teams that really want to use them without getting in the way of the main MU.

-Encourage fan interaction with creators like what Stegman and the RYV team have been doing, but teaching appropriate responses to trolls/political radicals. Creative teams are allowed to shitpost to a degree, but the line is drawn when personal information/safety is jeopardized.

-NO EVENTS. At least for the first few years. Give the new readers a chance to acclimate to the new setting before we start radically changing it. Wait three years before events, but use it to solidify the strength of a unified superhero community rather than divide it. The moral of this renewed universe is "United We Stand", meant to be a sort of jab at the constant state of heroes right now being at each other's throats.

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Glaucus

Great ideas!

You should have positions in Marvel!

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By apewar012467

I'd honestly sell it, I don't know the first thing about managing a billion dollar comic book company.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd honestly sell it, I don't know the first thing about managing a billion dollar comic book company.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blackspidey2099

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. For starters though, I think @amazingfantasy's post was very similar to what I'd like to do.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By dernman

@drarcania said:
@insertnewname said:

@apewar012467 said:

pft Fools you hire someone to do the business side. and make them work around your changes like a Comic Overlord..

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@drarcania said:
@insertnewname said:

@apewar012467 said:

pft Fools you hire someone to do the business side. and make them work around your changes like a Comic Overlord..

Smart idea.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

I mostly quote that two comments because i don't think much about it.... But when i think a little... i will sell.

Sell Iron Man (and some other characters which i really don't like) for Batman... if success to make agreement with DC :P

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman:

I mostly quote that two comments because i don't think much about it.... But when i think a little... i will sell.

Sell Iron Man (and some other characters which i really don't like) for Batman... if success to make agreement with DC :P

I was mostly just kidding around. I can easily see it becoming a headache for someone keeping the company.

Still the urge to make changes.....I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist. :p

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Commission a permanent thanos series by jim starlin lol

And obviously get scientists to make a working Thanos chair

And by outright do you mean that all the film rights are with me?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By animehunter

@cull_obsidian said:

@animehunter: Commission a permanent thanos series by jim starlin lol

And obviously get scientists to make a working Thanos chair

And by outright do you mean that all the film rights are with me?

yes, it includes Marvel studios as well as all the film rights.

One of the things I would add to my list is to buy back every character right sold to Sony and anyone else. lease it back to them. but only on the condition that Marvel has final say on what happens with and that Marvel has controlling interest in its production.

-

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'd have a few ideas.

1. Undo OMD. That would be the first thing I'd have happen.

2. Spread the hero community out a little more. I don't see why nearly every superhero is in New York. So why not make the marvel universe feel more like a universe?

3. Give a Rangers mini-series. I'll admit I'm kind of being biased here. I'm from Texas myself so I think having a Texas based team would kind of fun.

4. Try to bury the hatchet with Fox.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fire everyone in sight

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Combo-Man

Fire Quesada and co.

Apologize to the Marvel fanbase for the last 15 years of crap.

Then I would get to work on trying to resurrect the comics side of the marvel universe.

Spider-Man

I would simplify spidey's world by having just one book titled Amazing Spider-Man. the comic would follow the adventures of Peter Parker as a single college student/superhero in his late teens/early twenties living with his Aunt May. (but not depicted as a skinny pussy like in the ultimate series)

the comic would be similar in tone to Spider-Man:TAS from the 90s. with an emphasis on appealing to readers of all ages, and not just targeting children or mature readers. but rather both.

Hulk

As a departure Hulk's comic would be less about fighting aliens, creatures from other dimensions, and the US army. and would be more about Bruce Banner travelling the world searching for a cure and getting into earth based adventures(Indiana Jones style), and meeting some friends along the way.

Avengers

With Avengers I would aim this book at younger readers and it would simply be about the good guys saving the world.

X-Men

X-Men would be a more mature reading experience, with an emphasis on epic melodrama, complex story telling, and suspense.

Captain America

Cap's comic would be a return to the old school Cap comics of the 40s and 50s basically it would be a very patriotic comic were Captain America beats up America's real life enemies. such as kim jong un, ISIS, and the Democratic Party(Joke.)

Fantastic Four

FF would be similar to old EC sci-fi comics with no ongoing arcs but rather each issue having self contained stories that end with a common moral that will be stated by Reed or Sue at the end of each issue.

The most important things

1. I would bring back strict quality control.
  2. No mediocre art allowed.
  3. No modern photo-realistic art allowed.
  4. No digital coloring. and colorists must use more bright vibrant colors and less dark.
  5. No partisan political statements
  6. and no misplaced advertising(so you won't see a car advert or anything like that. just comic book related, cartoons, video games, movies, cereals, soda, stuff like that.
  7. Also I would bring back the letters/Email page at the back of the comic.
  8. And Marvel would focus more on adapting it's comics into cartoons and video games and less on live action movies.
Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fascist Captain America brutally strangles RiRi Williams to death.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By animehunter

That is to put a time limit on how long a writer can be on a book, no more 10 year stints, at most I would allow is 5, and what this would do is keep the writing fresh with minimum risk of going stale, plus this would also give other writer new and old a chance the write the character. but it will have a clause where if necessary, I can the replace writer at anytime as long as there is good reason to do so.

and the same goes for the artist, and if his work is not up to par he/she is off the book. one good example, would be I would have fired Camincolli from the book of ASM the second I saw his Mary Jane in the "Power Play" story.

-

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-

I Really Like Camuncolli. I'd Still Put Him On A Spider-Man Series. But, I'd Put Him On Some Stories That Would Actually Involve Some Dark And Twisted Psychological Stuff. For The Main Artists, I'd Actually Put In Guys Like Stuart Immonen, Greg Smallwood, David Marquez, Jim Cheung, Stefano Caselli, Mark Bagley, Phil Noto, Adam Kubert, Ron Garney, Daniel Acuna, Leinil Francis Yu, Russell Dauterman, Esad Ribic, Olvier Coipel, Mike Deodato, Mike Perkins, Michael Walsh, Leonardo Romero, Veronica Fish, Sara Pichelli, Ben Torres, Steve McNiven, And Possibly Even Alex Maleev. Though, Sopme Of The More Darker Ones Would Be For More Story Purposes. I'd Really Like To See Guri Hiru And Brian Kessinger Be Involved With Some Lighthearted Short Stories.

Anyway, I Really Like Your Ideas. Though, For My Ideas, I'd Really Like The Majority Of Books To Be Limited To $2.99 And Some On $1.99. While The Graphic Novels And TPB And Special Can Be As High As They Want To.

I'd Also Like It If Other Artists Work On Other Series That Don't Involve Just One Writer. Meaning Those Who Are Limited To Only Work With One Writer Like Bendis, Should Work On Other Series From Different Writers.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

Nice!

For me, the standard writer/artist run on a comic book would be approximately five years. However depending on the needs of the company or the excellence of the worker it can be extended to 7 or 8 years but not 9.

Writers tackling a second run on the main flagship series would depend on several factors but it would still be rare if possible at all. They can come back as guest writers to the new writer if they choose to.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@animehunter:

Nice!

For me, the standard writer/artist run on a comic book would be approximately five years. However depending on the needs of the company or the excellence of the worker it can be extended to 7 or 8 years but not 9.

Writers tackling a second run on the main flagship series would depend on several factors but it would still be rare if possible at all. They can come back as guest writers to the new writer if they choose to.

I Would Try Using Some Guest Artists For Some Certain Stories If A Story Becomes Either Dark, Twisted, Psychological, Horror Filled, Dramatic, Light Hearted, Or Anything That Actually Has To Do With The Story. The Writers Could Stay Though. Though, I Do Agree With Some Writers Guest Starring.

I'd Also Like To Have Three Spider-Man Series Plus A Team Up Series. One Series Involving The Current Story And The Other Taking Place After The Events Of Civil War And Before Annie's Current Age Of 8. The Other One Being A Full Indie Inspired Series Like Hawkeye. The Team Up Series Will Consist Of Each Writers And Artists Writing For The Character's Team Ups While Still Focusing On Peter's Everyday Life. There'll Also Be Some Graphic Novels Coming Out Every Two Or Three Years. I'd Also Have Peter As A High Ranking Photojournalist Or A Private Photojournalist Taking Pictures And Stories For Hire Or A Professional Scientist Possibly Well Known Later On.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell it make billions

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ursaber

Sell it make billions

Sell it but retain ten percent. I have billions, a stake in every business venture, both movie and comics.

But first I would fix Spider Man, end OMD, restore Spider Marriage, bring back the F4, bring back Jean and Scott, eliminate Jean and Phoenix, etc.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I meant the movie side because they know what their doing now for the comics that needs to be totally fixed

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I meant the movie side because they know what their doing now for the comics that needs to be totally fixed

Funny thing about the movies. I would do OMD onscreen but instead of Peter and MJ accepting the deal, Peter would SPIDER PUNCH the devil in the face. Lesson to the audience: never make faustian pacts with demonic entities for whatever reason.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First thing I would do is out good stories back into the characters starting with Thor.. I would bring back Walter Simonson.

I would steal Jim Lee and have him work on the X-men or spider verse.

I would consider bringing in Rob Liefield as well. And start looking for some new talent.

Cable would be back in his own series.

Thunderstrike would return

Enchantress would finally get her own book. Possibly Loki as well. Might even bring back morbious The Living Vampire, and deathlock. And I would tone down the fem movement but not take it out as a whole.

Then I would Force some of my own characters in there and set them up. Then Force everyone to try to out drink me with my moonshine

Spoiler ...won't happen

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@ursaber said:
@marvelanddcfan24 said:

Funny thing about the movies. I would do OMD onscreen but instead of Peter and MJ accepting the deal, Peter would SPIDER PUNCH the devil in the face. Lesson to the audience: never make faustian pacts with demonic entities for whatever reason.

Why has Marvel not hired you?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise: Marvel lacks rational sense of any kind. Check out some videos about the current state of Marvel and you'll see what I mean.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The first two things I would immediately do would be to have Peter back with MJ, then I would kill Jane and retcon all the fiasco Jason Aaron has done to Thor.

Avatar image for darkerrrrrrrrrr
darkerrrrrrrrrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sell that trash ass company

Avatar image for silveragereader
SilverAgeReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to disagree about Kevin Feige. There's no way of knowing how much Sony was responsible for anything you didn't like about Spider-Man: Homecoming. If you look at the last 40 years of comic book films, everything that is right with the MCU is an extreme rarity. There are only so many people with the knowledge, experience, and drive to run movie studios. One that actually loves and understands comics is a once in two generations find. Get rid of Feige and you will not end up with someone better; you will end up with someone worse -- not a little worse, but ruinously worse. I wouldn't touch Feige.

Other than that, I agree with most things here, but I do have my own tweaks:

1. Develop a five-year strategy that will allow the publishing division to break even or not make a profit for the first two years if necessary. The audience must be rebuilt; and this would require significant restructuring.

2. Bring back newsprint and newsstand/grocery store/pharmacy sales. Comic books need to be accessible and easy to find. The general public doesn't necessarily have access to specialty stores or know where to find them. New fans are a LOT easier to bring in if comic books aren't 3 and 4 dollars a pop.

3. The first two years no book gets published if it can't sustain 40,000 in sales. After that, the number goes to 60,000. Fewer books with higher sales means less staff overhead. Save the money for hiring skilled and talented writers, artists, editors, and colorists.

4. Enforce a house style. There can be significant variation, but figures and scenes should be dynamic and not sparse. The flow of panels should be obvious. No illustrations that look like they come from children's books or cartoons. This is not Gold Key Comics.

5. The Ultimate line comes back. This is where experimentation and more stylistic art styles (and manga!) can be used.

6. Editors MUST do their jobs or they will be let go. Their jobs include enforcing continuity and the house style. Strange deviations from character are what the Ultimate universe is for.

7. Creators are not to use social media accounts that take advantage of their public status as minor celebrities to make statements that reflect poorly on Marvel Publishing. They are free to use personal accounts that do not identify them as employees of Marvel to say anything they like, but political posturing, criticism of fans, and profanity using a public profile will be grounds for termination with prejudice. This is how employees of many other companies are expected to behave.

8. Character deaths will be extremely rare and permanent. The ease with which characters are killed and brought back has become a joke in the industry. If the audience doesn't think a character death is serious, then it doesn't have the dramatic weight that you were intending.

9. Lastly, EVERYTHING starting from the first Civil War event gets undone, whatever it takes to makes that happen. I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I think that Civil War is precisely when everything started to go off the rails. Clearing the decks of all the bad decisions forced by too many events will be much easier if we unwind from precisely that point. EVERYTHING any hero did that was not actually selfless and heroic began with the way they started behaving with Civil War. End the post-Civil War continuity and you remove the deconstruction of the Marvel superheroes.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Yassassin

I'd go full on Jim Shooter.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

I'd go full on Jim Shooter.

Oh nice. That was an excellent mention. Jim Shooter's actions and retcons are arguably the best and really pissed off the people in charge now which I hate with a passion.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silveragereader: Neat ideas. And I agree with you about Civil War... I think it started a little before that actually, but CW was what really made it solid. It also permanently affected my two favorite A heroes from Marvel *sigh*