winkywho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By winkywho

Guys!

Did the squel awed you or annoyed you? I'm trying to gather as much reviews from Spider comic book readers as I can. The critics hated the movie so much.

I'm a comic book reader as well and I loved the sequel. What do you guys think of the latest installment?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..Loved it ! Don't read too much into the critical reviewers they are far too harsh!!

winkywho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: You bet they are! I don't get it. They said the plot was all messed up. But it seemed pretty good to me.

Dedonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also enjoyed it a lot. Anyone who puts ASM2 under SM3 has lost their credibility (*cough*rottentomatoes*cough*).

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

i feel like movie critics tend to bash on cbm more often than not.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm seeing it tomorrow, and chances are; I'll love it! Unlike most people, the first ASM is one of my favorite comic book films of all time.

The trailers and clips have me beleiving that this will be the best Spiderman movie so far.

winkywho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By winkywho

@dedonus said:

I also enjoyed it a lot. Anyone who puts ASM2 under SM3 has lost their credibility (*cough*rottentomatoes*cough*).

I DON'T trust ROTTEN TOMATOES. Not everybody who critics read the comics. They said the villains are stacked. I'd imagine how they would react to the Sinister Six.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winkywho said:

@dedonus said:

I DON'T trust ROTTEN TOMATOES. Not everybody who critics read the comics. They said the villains are stacked. I'd imagine how they would react to the Sinister Six.

villians aren't really stacked.
Loved the movie as a Spider-man fan... awesome ride.
How good is it? Where does it fit? I don't know... I just loved it.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jimishim12

It's really a bad movie in a quality sense and feels like a typical superhero flick instead of one of the greats, just an artificial action/romance flick with Spider-Man pasted on it. It's kinda tries to hard to be for children too, since Gwen/Peter scenes are very pg-13ish yet it steers into mindless action which of course is no different from original Spider-Man movie fight scenes.

Overall it's Man of Steel level IMO. And the reviews are spot on.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@winkywho said:

@dedonus said:

Got that right. Iike RT had any credibility to begin with.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Anyway, I liked the movie. I liked it more than Spider-Man 2 if I'm honest. Garfield is still killing it as Peter/Spidey. Stone is still killing it as Gwen Stacy No pun intended. Dehaan was a great Harry Osborn, though I would like to have seen his turn to the dark side fleshed out a bit more. Foxx...did a good job with what he had, though Electro was a weak villain imo. The movie was NOT cluttered with villains, there's TWO. Saying it's cluttered is like saying The Dark Knight was cluttered. Cause Rhino only was on screen for maybe five minutes tops

I'm planning on seeing it again tomorrow, I've rated it before, and my rating was a C + or a B aka, 4 outta 5 stars.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..ASM2 is definitely above MOS level...seriously!

Shazam87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..ASM2 is definitely above MOS level...seriously!

Agree!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bezza

Yeah absolutely, people are like sheep. First few reviewers from fans and critics were relatively positive and now since a few negative reviews, everyone is knocking ASM2.

Well frankly they can all B*g off! So its a superhero flick, with corny gags and loads of OTT action, hell isn't that what comic book films are all about? I think a few people take it all a but seriously to be honest. This isn't Shakespeare in the park, its Spiderman people! I go to watch a Spiderman film to be entertained, not to be wowed by some complex plot and ASM2 delivered on that front. Right, rant over...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Eh, I get why some critics don't like it, but those flaws (juggling WAY too many plots) didn't bother me much and I had a blast with it. Don't worry about what others think. Go see it and do your own thing.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By silent_bomber

I'm wondering if a lot of it is the critics reacting negatively to the franchise-building aspects as opposed to the film itself.

They don't want to be pushed around by Sony into a whole host of sequels and related Spider-Man products.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

Movie was too predictable and nothing groundbreaking or "amazing" about it, i literally predicted correctly what happen next in every scene and I'm not just talking about gwen's death

Villains sucked hardcore in this movie. Electro was extremely bland, shallow, boring, and cliche as you could possibly get. Both fights with him were incredibly anticlimatic harry goblin is a complete joke and not at all like the menacing top villain that gg is supposed to be for spidey (off note, harry is an extremely annoying and whiny loser in this movie, not at all giving me the fearsome vibe that i wanted) rhino is barely in the damn thing even though the promos and trailers and crap gave off the impression that he was supposed to be in a lot more.

gwen-peter relationship and chemistry was one of the best things about the movie, that being said dialogue and characterization for any other characters besides these two was laughable.

Too many stupid subplots and unnecessarily stupid scenes that I did not care about, story was not as cohesive and coherent as the first one.

Now they want to make an entire franchise out of spider-man with sinister six and venom movies??? lmfao I have absolutely zero faith in those movies now.

Really disappointed in this movie, I expect nothing but excellence from spider-man but this was movie was bland and generic at best. I will admit that it's still leagues above spider-man 3 though (which goes to show you what i think of that movie)

*insert obligatory give rights back to marvel complaint*

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm wondering if a lot of it is the critics reacting negatively to the franchise-building aspects as opposed to the film itself.

They don't want to be pushed around by Sony into a whole host of sequels and related Spider-Man products.

I don't think people care if a movie aims to establish a bigger universe and future. It's just a matter of if they do it well and whether it hurts the present film.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#20 frozen  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I just noticed from your wall post TASM2 has a lower score than Spider-Man 3. That is really messed up.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@frozen said:

@k4tzm4n: I just noticed from your wall post TASM2 has a lower score than Spider-Man 3. That is really messed up.

Yuuuuuuuup. Hopefully people will see it and form their own opinions.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22 frozen  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I saw it a while ago (in the U.K it's been released). I loved it, much better than the previous film (which was still good).

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great.

The movie made me really think. It was such a detailed movie compared to the first spider-man series which was all about just beating a villain.

I honestly wanted Stacy to make it, I was a bit shocked to see her die.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@k4tzm4n said:

@silent_bomber said:

I don't think people care if a movie aims to establish a bigger universe and future.

A lot of the reviews talk about more Spider-Man films being unnecessary, how there are too many, how the movie is a cynical cash-grab, how its just there to set up more movies, how there's no heart etc etc

I just think a lot of the terms some of them are using makes it sound like they went into the theatre already perceiving it as nothing but Sony's cash-cow, their product, an all-consuming corporate franchise that they would have to be reviewing for years to come.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I absolutly loved it. So much better than AMS1 Spiderman 2 > AMS2 >> Spiderman 1 >>> Spiderman 3 ≥ AMS1

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's the best Spider-Man movie that we've gotten. At the very least it's the second best Spider-Man 2 ever made.

The things that worked in the movie worked were really, really well--there were elements that it nailed. But there was also a lot that just didn't work, and at times (especially in the first act) it was groan-inducingly cheesy. Overall, though, I think it was a solid movie and I liked it a lot. Definite improvement over the first ASM.

winkywho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I think, that it wasn't perfect but it didn't deserve such low standings.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too be fair, I can say is this, if Rami's Spider-Man film was this it would be a hell of a lot better than Spider-Man 3. To me the original trilogy is the best of the Spider-Man movie franchise. But this fells like a tribute to what Spidey 3 could be if this was it's 3rd film.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29  Edited By t_hench

First off, I really didn't like the first one (so much so that I never plan on seeing it again). So when I got talked into going to this one I went in expecting not to enjoy it. I was mildly surprised to find I liked it (didn't love it, but it was leagues above the first one imo). However, I felt that as I was watching it, I was thinking of it not as a comic book movie or an action movie, but as a chick flick. I enjoy the odd chick flick and this film had all the makings of a very good chick flick (I'm not trying to be a smart ass or be sarcastic). If I had gone in with high expectations, or expecting to see a Ironman or Winter Soldier comic book film I definitely would have left the theatre wishing for those 2 hours back.

Positives: Great humour and visuals, some good plot elements and very well paced.

Negatives: Felt the two villains were about as well developed and had as much logic and reason behind their madness as the villains from Spidey 3, lack of a score (too much pop music), mediocre acting performances.

Also, kinda of frustrating, if Spiderman spent last time goofing off with the villains he could avoid less property damage and potential fatal accidents.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ascended

@jimishim12

@jimishim12 said:

Too be fair, I can say is this, if Rami's Spider-Man film was this it would be a hell of a lot better than Spider-Man 3. To me the original trilogy is the best of the Spider-Man movie franchise. But this fells like a tribute to what Spidey 3 could be if this was it's 3rd film.

This is a perfect statement that anybody could make. The only thing I'd do is replace Sandman with Rhino and Green Goblin with Venom again while not killing Venom too early. Venom would've been better off appearing again in Spider-man 4.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench:

Spiderman goofing off with villains is kinda what he does!

Loved that line near the end "...on behalf of Rhinos everywhere.."!

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I saw it yesterday and loved it. When the first Amazing film came I wasn't really impressed with Garfield's take on Peter. Here however I think he really stepped up his game. Emma Stone was excellent. I really like Jamie Foxx's take on Electro. I got no idea why people don't like him. Harry was pretty good. Can't say I liked the visual look for the Goblin. He looked a little too much like Joker to me but that's an astatic taste. I'm not gonna say it was a flawless film but I was so immersed in the story I didn't care about the flaws.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gracetrack

I thought it was a really good movie. Enjoyed it a lot. The Rotten Tomato "meter" is definitely not to be taken at face value or trusted implicitly.

Some other really good movies that have a mediocre-to-poor Tomato meter score:

• The Mummy - 55%
  • Home Alone - 54%
  • John Carter - 51%
  • Tron Legacy - 51%
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 44%
  • Speed Racer - 39%
  • Last Action Hero - 39%
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II - 36%
  • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - 35%
  • Space Jam - 35%
  • Terminator Salvation - 33%
  • Hook - 31%
  • The Mighty Ducks - 12%

And the list could go on. The bottom line: Don't listen to critics. Watch the movie and make your own determination.

winkywho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the list could go on. The bottom line: Don't listen to critics. Watch the movie and make your own determination.

Critics can be pretty influential. It takes an independent mind to get past it.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saw it last night. i give it a 7/10 for now, ill rewatch when it comes out to form a more solid opinion. so far i think that that the the villains were kind of lame, but the fight scenes were some of the best of any comic film. the plots were not that great especially the side plots. What made the movie good was most of the stuff with gwen especially the death of gwen stacy. If you are already a spiderman fan you will be very entertained, but disappointed. if you are not a fan you may find some of the dialogue a little ridiculous but still find the movie entertaining. I say go see it, its worth going.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@silent_bomber said:

I don't think people care if a movie aims to establish a bigger universe and future.

A lot of the reviews talk about more Spider-Man films being unnecessary, how there are too many, how the movie is a cynical cash-grab, how its just there to set up more movies, how there's no heart etc etc

I just think a lot of the terms some of them are using makes it sound like they went into the theatre already perceiving it as nothing but Sony's cash-cow, their product, an all-consuming corporate franchise that they would have to be reviewing for years to come.

Well, I think that's a valid complaint for the first one (one which I disagree with, but I understand the sense of familiarity. But to still hold that against this one seems silly. Whether it deserves a reboot is not irrelevant right now and what needs to be discussed/judged is how it's being handled.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I really don't care what anyone says. The opening sequence along with Spidey chasing down the stolen truck was like straight out of a Spider-Man comic. The jovialness, the corny-ness, the first person web-slinging shots (drool).

As mentioned, I don't really care about reviews for any movie. Especially if said person has never read a single comic and its a comic book movie.

All that matters is if I enjoyed, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstlantern: that's because most are just eh. But Spider-Man 2, Dark Knight, and Captain America 2 say hi.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it better than Cap 2. I really did. It was just great, you could empathize with electro and Osborne. Rhino was a bit too much of a setup and the chemistry was great. I loved Dane Dehan in this movie and the ending was dam near perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with critics in a whole for this movie, not with RT. People forget RT is just an average of critics movie scores put together. So if you are going to trust any site for a critical rating the best would probably be Rotten Tomatoes. I came up with a rule for myself. If it is below 40%, it's a nay for me, meaning its probably bad (this is based of personal experience btw) If it's above 79%, It's a definite see, and is most likely a really good movie (again, based of personal experience) When a movie has polarizing views (40%-79%) I mostly go to trust people like Chris Stuckman, The Shmoes, and Jeremy Jahns on youtube. The 40-79% is mostly a mixed bag, sometimes a 40% can be a great movie, and sometimes a 70% is an awful movie, critics tend to be wrong more in this range. As @fallschirmjager said, once I see the movie, the critic rating doesn't matter to me, as my personal enjoyment is what matters.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ascended

@gor724: What about imdb? Do you trust that site for critics/ratings other than RT?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THORSON

@ascended said:

@gor724: What about imdb? Do you trust that site for critics/ratings other than RT?

I find IMDB more trustworthy.