Spiderman should be bullet proof

Ghostalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghostalt

He's strong enough to throw cars and stuff his muscles should be durable enough to have bullets bounce off,......what do you think?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Dodging bullets looks cooler

spiderfan2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spiderfan2099

he doesn't need to be bullet proof... well, it would've been nice if ultimate spider-man was bullet proof :'(

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

Super Agility combined with Spider Sense is more interesting then seeing the bullets simply bounce off his chest imo.

But as far as if he *should* have it taking into account his other abilities I could see him still being vulnerable to bullets.

HughJass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HughJass

Marvel Handbook has him weighing in at around 165 lbs so no.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

@spiderfan2099 said:

he doesn't need to be bullet proof... well, it would've been nice if ultimate spider-man was bullet proof :'(

So true :(

And I kind of agree. He should be able to be bulletproof. Still doesn't mean Marvel should make it so. I like him the way he is.

Actually I lied. He should get his Other powers back. Then I'd like him the way he is.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

he has the proportionate abilities of a spider.....how does bulletproof come into that at all?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't think he should be bulletproof. Strength and invulnerability are two different things.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CATPANEXE

No. But, he should have integrated a bullet-proof aspect into his suit by now, among a bunch of other things, and my pet peeve with the writing of the character being keeping new inventions he comes up with (he somehow has to invent a solution to the same problem, defense/offense against specific character, ect. each and every time despite already having figured it out and made it?). If he's smart enough to create web-shooters and fluid, a more resistant material for his costume should have been no sweat (and save him on the constant " battle damaged " look, though I suppose the artists would be smitten not to hat tip it).

@danhimself said:

he has the proportionate abilities of a spider.....how does bulletproof come into that at all?

Just a question as this question, and the topic itself brings it to mind, but did you get to watch Spider-Man Tech on the History Channel?

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Telcalipoca

@HughJass said:

Marvel Handbook has him weighing in at around 165 lbs so no.

thats heavier than what id imagined him to weight .

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fury714

@cattlebattle said:

QFT

spiderfan2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spiderfan2099

@Telcalipoca: really? what'd you think his stats were

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Telcalipoca

@spiderfan2099 said:

@Telcalipoca: really? what'd you think his stats were

i was thinking in the 150's range.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@danhimself said:

If the spider was the giant mechanical spider from "Wild Wild West".

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#15  Edited By Deadcool

NO!!!! THAT IS A BAD IDEA >=\

@cattlebattle said:

THIS

Reaction - Catching Bullets 2
Reaction - Catching Bullets 2
Reaction
Reaction
Reaction Time-Reflexes
Reaction Time-Reflexes

Just look how awesome it is!!

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By cody1984

@Ghostalt said:

He's strong enough to throw cars and stuff his muscles should be durable enough to have bullets bounce off,......what do you think?

First their is no such thing as bullet proof. Second even if he 9mm bounced off him something like a Barett M82 should still kill him in one hit. Now personally I don't think he should have any bullet resistance at all.

venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By venomyak

@CATPANEXE: actually spidey usually wears unstable molecules now-a-days which are bullet proof

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A no-sense bump, anyway... I have some thoughts..

He shouldn't be bulletproof like Superman, but should have some degree of durability against bullets,

Aquaman for example is Nearly bulletproof, making just like aquaman but some degrees less would be nice, like depending on the calliber it should go through his skin but not his bones! and pistols/revolvers should able to take some serious blood of him!

Something like this! But the way he is now, is already good, Precognition do the job!

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same with Wonder Woman and Captain America. It makes no sense that they can take steel-denting punches yet can fall to bullets

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The image of Spider-Man just Luke Cage-ing his way through bullets just does not fit for me.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: the only one i agree with is WW. She can survive a direct hit by a nuke but can get shot? Makes no sense.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghostalt said:

No then he would be Superman who isn't as cool as Peter. Look at Wonder Woman for example who is even stronger than Spider-Man but she's not bulletproof. If you want an OP Spider-Man just check out Captain Universe

No Caption Provided

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a friend do some density calculations for me. They say your skin gets more fragile as you become an old man. Skin aging starts around 25. Around 1% collagen tends to be lost a year after this age (30 for women). Peter was 60 at the time. 30-35% loss then. If his anatomy is stronger than a normal humans he'd lose less collagen gain per year. At age 60 Peter's skin density would be 10× times normal humans which would be about 12g/cm². A bit denser than lead.

If your skin is 10× denser, You'd be almost unharmed by something like a knife slash, standard pistols may bruise or barely pierce the skin but they would survive it with relative ease. Only counting the skin

He'd be able to tank standard handgun bullets with only the most minor injury. He'd tank standards bullet at that point.

Collagen is what makes our skin thick and smooth, so we'll use the 1% and add it on per year from 25. It depends on the person, but we'll use this average. We can just use reverse equations for that. 12g/cm²+30%. 15.6g/cm². You could argue he had this much skin density in his 20's. His density is relative to protactinium and denser than mercury. Standard bullets would sting at most. If we're talking about stronger weaponry, shells would bruise him. Armour piercing bullets would still damage him, but standards bullets he'd tank. Unless it was high end weaponry or a 50cal, he'd tank a headshot with no more than a cut. So yeah bullets wouldn't put him down at all. For reference Aluminium foil is about 2.7g/cm². Bullets would still easily pierce them. Steel has an approximate density of 8 g/cm3. So Peter LITERALLY has skin that is denser then Steel.

You can make Spidey bullet proof to small firearms and only bullet resistant to others. Correct me if the math ends up being wrong.