• 150 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a new Spider-Man game coming to the PlayStation 4. The trailer was just unveiled at E3. Why are you reading this text? Just watch the trailer!

What do you think?

#1 Posted by mechwalker (822 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really digging the new costume, hopefully this can be the Arkham Asylum of Spider-Man games we really need more AAA superhero games.

#2 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

That costume looks like crap..... If they change it to look like his current comic look or even a classic look im all for it. if it stays this way, yea i wont buy this.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
#3 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

That costume looks like crap..... If they change it to look like his current comic look or even a classic look im all for it. if it stays this way, yea i wont buy this.

Really? Not buying the game because of the way the costume looks? wow.... Anyway the game looks great, I hope there's free roam

#4 Edited by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks fun . I don't like the costume , but I'll still pick it up . Spidey games are typically fun cuz of their free roaming !!

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
#5 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020: I'm sure they'll have a bunch of skins to choose from. Don't worry about the costume.

#6 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if they were to switch the white to black then the costume would look pretty damn good

#7 Posted by HushoftheWind (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

damn i posted this like 13 minutes ago, damn you Tony -_-

#8 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

I oddly love that costume. Nice to see something a bit new for someone who is everywhere

#9 Edited by oblivionatm (158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably buy this because I can't miss out on a chance to swing around as Spidey. That last one was not great (It looked amazing but was way too short and really rough around the edges). Insomniac makes some great games though, so I have high hopes this time around.

#10 Posted by Jyger85 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting new look. The white's gonna need some getting used to, but not bad.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

The game looks awesome, but it's an idiotic move to isolate this as an exclusive. Spider-Man games have never been big enough to make a profit from a single platform, and it's a true shame if this actually turns out to be solid.

#13 Posted by RavenVice01 (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@john-ph: Most likely it is Mr. Negative.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
#14 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (7157 posts) - - Show Bio

The game looks awesome, but it's an idiotic move to isolate this as an exclusive. Spider-Man games have never been big enough to make a profit from a single platform, and it's a true shame if this actually turns out to be solid.

Not necessarily, the game could be boosted by the release of Spiderman Homecoming, especially if the game gets great reviews

#15 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020 said:

Really? Not buying the game because of the way the costume looks? wow.... Anyway the game looks great, I hope there's free roam

I am in agreement with the exclamation of surprise. A costume should not be the factor for a game purchase, it's purely cosmetic.

#16 Posted by superhoodie (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great, but the white spider diverges totally of costume.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#17 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool!

#18 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16369 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if they were to switch the white to black then the costume would look pretty damn good

This

The costume is pretty cool actually, just change the white spider.

#19 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020 said:

@donmeca2020: I'm sure they'll have a bunch of skins to choose from. Don't worry about the costume.

@redbird3rdboywonder said:
@donmeca2020 said:

I am in agreement with the exclamation of surprise. A costume should not be the factor for a game purchase, it's purely cosmetic.

The costume is ridiculous, since when has he EVER looked like that ??? never as far as i recall... I will agree however there needs to be more info on it prior to making my judgment about buying it. I'm all for a spider-man game, the last one i owned was back in PS2 days i believe, and it was great !!! you had the option of the black symbiote costume with symbiote moves, regular and a few other ones that i cannot recall. but im sure it will be like what a few of you said... free roam to go around doing stuff, hopefully a bunch of classic villians from the rogues gallery, and yes if they do allow you to change skins of his costume then yea more then likely i would greatly consider jumping on it.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Not necessarily, the game could be boosted by the release of Spiderman Homecoming, especially if the game gets great reviews

You realize how limited a market is with just one platform right? Especially for a licensed property? Spider-Man may be growing with popularity again in the film market, but the games aren't a new thing. I want this game to succeed, I want a great Spider-Man game again, but to believe that limiting that market is a smart idea just because Sony owns the rights, is suicide. Not everyone with a PS4 is buying this game, just as it's the same when the game releases multi-platform.

#21 Edited by MonsterStomp (36894 posts) - - Show Bio

I am in agreement with you. Its a crying shame that this is a PS exclusive.

On another note, I'm not really digging the suit. They should have kept the generic suit.

#22 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...that suit...

but on a positive note...it looks great, Hope it is free roam like past games, and can't wait swinging..used to the best part!!

#23 Posted by Hound_of_War (3944 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, guess they lost a customer in me. lol

#24 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020 said:

@nightwing_beyond said:

@doc-holiday said:
@donmeca2020 said:

The costume is ridiculous, since when has he EVER looked like that ??? never as far as i recall... I will agree however there needs to be more info on it prior to making my judgment about buying it. I'm all for a spider-man game, the last one i owned was back in PS2 days i believe, and it was great !!! you had the option of the black symbiote costume with symbiote moves, regular and a few other ones that i cannot recall. but im sure it will be like what a few of you said... free roam to go around doing stuff, hopefully a bunch of classic villians from the rogues gallery, and yes if they do allow you to change skins of his costume then yea more then likely i would greatly consider jumping on it.

Numerous Spiderman games allowed for costume changes either earned or dlc purchases but the simple fact is a cosmetic decision like Spidermans costume, different as it may look, should not be the deciding factor in any gamers purchase. Especially not one that has such minor changes, if it were say, bright pink spandex with nothing covering his legs or arms, I would agree.

Ultimately, I feel I want to see some real gameplay before I decide if I want to buy this game

#25 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020 said:
@donmeca2020 said:

@nightwing_beyond said:

@doc-holiday said:
@donmeca2020 said:

Numerous Spiderman games allowed for costume changes either earned or dlc purchases but the simple fact is a cosmetic decision like Spidermans costume, different as it may look, should not be the deciding factor in any gamers purchase. Especially not one that has such minor changes, if it were say, bright pink spandex with nothing covering his legs or arms, I would agree.

Ultimately, I feel I want to see some real gameplay before I decide if I want to buy this game

i agree, ACTUAL gameplay needs to be shown. as well as what can be done or available for the game when it's released.

#26 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

Costume looks ridiculous lol.

#27 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm getting it. i gotta pre-order it.

#28 Posted by tensor (8505 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to play it like now.

#29 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12747 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good I think. I'm hoping they can deliver as good a quality superhero game for Spidey/MARVEL as Rocksteady does for Batman/DC

#30 Posted by comicace3 (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

sony do not let me down.

#31 Edited by zaied (7227 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand the complaints about this being a PS4 exclusive... Sony is funding the development and is co-developing the game with Insomniac. In other words, we wouldn't be getting the game at all if not for Sony, and I'd rather have an awesome Spider-Man game that's exclusive than not have one at all.

If you want to play it, you'll just have to get a PS4. That's how exclusives work. The same thing happened with Bayonneta 2 and Sunset Overdrive.

Anyways, some extra details:

• Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game.
  • Open world.
  • Been in development for "quite some time."
  • Will focus on both Peter and Spider-Man.
  • Trailer was in-game.

I'm even more excited for this than I was an hour ago.

#32 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, thanks for the big "screw you!" to all us Xbox One owners...

#33 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't need ANOTHER Spider-Man game we have too many already. -_-

#34 Posted by Classique (281 posts) - - Show Bio

They had me at the scene where Spidey crashes through that dinner and zips through the window. I like the costume except for that awful silver spider covering too much of his chest. Also, it's a Spiderman game so I'm confident in the wealth of alternate costumes they'll drop on us.

I haven't bought a new game in almost three years, but I'm going to start saving up for a PS4 and this game right now.

And they're saying it's not a Homecoming tie-in but come on :P... Let's not forget what was said about the last Captain America game

#35 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday said:
@donmeca2020 said:
@donmeca2020 said:

@nightwing_beyond said:

@doc-holiday said:
@donmeca2020 said:

i agree, ACTUAL gameplay needs to be shown. as well as what can be done or available for the game when it's released.

Sony went with Insomniac rather than having the in-house developers of Activision or a series of small companies each working on separate parts to produce garbage. The last two spider-man games were terrible.

Insomniac has made Ratcher & Clank, Spyro, Sunset Overdrive, Resistance, plenty of good and great games.

I honestly hope they make a sequel to the Deadpool game and have the same developers, I loved that game.

I also wish Rocksteady would make games for super heroes other than Batman

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#36 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

<insert some rage statement about the costume>

I kid.. i think it might grow on me later. But i honestly don't care. I just want a really good arkham level spider man game! Pleaseeee... oh god please be good...

#37 Posted by Classique (281 posts) - - Show Bio

I kid.. i think it might grow on me later. But i honestly don't care. I just want a really good arkham level spider man game! Pleaseeee... oh god please be good...

It's already starting to grow on me

But what are we considering good here? Like, is another Shattered Dimensions-esque beat'em up acceptable, or is the Arkham-level the only bar for good now?

#38 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how I feel about the costume, just yet. That said this reminds me of Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 and that is a very good thing, still probably the best pure Spider-Man game that has been made. Big ups to Sony for managing to snag this as an exclusive.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#39 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

@superior_prime_maybe said:

It's already starting to grow on me

But what are we considering good here? Like, is another Shattered Dimensions-esque beat'em up acceptable, or is the Arkham-level the only bar for good now?

Arkham city to be exact. Or Spider-man 2 movie game. I like shattered dimension and web of shadows but it wasn't the quintessential spider-man experience that we could have gotten instead of the amazing spider-man 2 game (which i admit had some good things going for it)
Which brings the question: If being Batman is about the detective and stealth skills... what's being spider-man about?

#40 Edited by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

my first order of business, getting the costume unlock to change that thing. I am not liking the white spider. I cant tell how much is actual gameplay and how much is quicktime events. The amazing spiderman 2 trailer looked amazing as well, and then once I started playing it was terrible.

That coffee shop scene where he is hoping on the table looked amazing if it's actual gameplay. They incorporated that kind of style in prototype, where if you are holding down run you automatically hop over things and parkour, it looked fluid. I would say it is a cutscene but the people in the shop don't looked that bothered by spider-man being there, which makes me think it's just ai during gameplay.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#41 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (11034 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not mind the suit if the overall game is good. Plus, you can probably change it anyway.

If it makes you all feel better, the suit gives out a Ben Reilly vibe in my opinion.

I am hoping this will be "The Arkham Series" for Marvel.

#42 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally. I have been waiting a long time for Spider-Man to come back to video games. The movies sorta killed the Spider-man games since it was all anyone made and it was just meh. Spider-Man used to seriously be one of the coolest genres of video games back in the day.

#43 Posted by RisingBean (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

Not feeling the costume. If only the white parts were black.

But the game still looks fun enough that I may have to get a PS4.

#44 Posted by flashallan (32 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Edited by The_Waffle (690 posts) - - Show Bio

lol @ the people crying over the costume. I don't mind the white, it's bold. Surely they'll be other alternate suits to wear if this one doesn't grow on you.

Game looks great, it's in more than capable hands for the first time in a decade easily.

#46 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally get a AAA Marvel game in forever and it's PS4 exclusive. FFS

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
#47 Posted by deactivated-59848080e4380 (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good. Interesting design for the costume. I'll definitely be checking the game out.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#48 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spiderman game i played on the original Playstation was one of the best games i had ever played, i wonder if this can live up.

#49 Posted by SC (18159 posts) - - Show Bio

@john-ph: Hello.

Friendly reminder CV's language rules don't allow the F word. I know you didn't use it at anyone or in anger, but still, for future use, the word generally isn't allowed. Thank you.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#50 Posted by amazing_webhead (9883 posts) - - Show Bio

looks pretty sweet. i wonder if the Civil War-esque eyes mean Tony Stark will appear. and is that Yuri Lowenthal as Spidey?

still, i'd like to see some villains before i get too hyped up