Spider-Man Fans, Casual Discussion

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1751  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter This will be one of those "wait and see" instances. Just looking at the preview it's unfortunately quite apparent it's going to be full of the same angst and unnecessary drama that plagued "Life With Archie" a few years earlier. This time we have neglected kids, and parents with dementia...oh yeah, that sure is the wholesome Archie I remember. When it comes to telling 'mature' stories with the characters, I wouldn't trust the company as far as I can throw them.

I'd love to read a more innocent "married life" series, which that first six-parter which introduced the concept kind of already was. Give Archie some calamaities to overcome, but make them more trivial and light-hearted with everyone laughing and joking at the end at his expense. I just don't picture him as a guy who would screw up so majorly in his later life.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@ursaber

@marvelman92

House Of X#2

Moira MacTaggart may have just become the most important woman in the Marvel Universe...she's seen it all unfold literally ten times over.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@mizerous

@supermanthor

@thor_parker82

@ursaber

Inside DC's Legion of Super-Heroes Reboot

No Caption Provided

"Welcome to the 31st century! Inspired by the acts of and lessons learned from the greatest heroes of all time, the Legion of Super-Heroes have gathered together to stop a galaxy from repeating its past mistakes. The greatest lineup of heroes in comic book history returns with new, fresh, and reader-friendly stories! Eisner Award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis reteams with master artist Ryan Sook (Action Comics) for one of the most ambitious mainstream comic books ever created! Why have the Legion of Super-Heroes broken the cardinal rule of the United Planets and inducted Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy, into the Legion? What are they hiding? And what does it have to do with Aquaman’s long-lost trident?"

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zariusii: that looks interesting. Poor Clark losing his son again.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zariusii: Many on Facebook are speculating it's Peter.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:
@ursaber said:
@zariusii said:
@ursaber said:

@zariusii: when did Lois creep on her son?

It happened in last week's issue of Lois Lane (number 3), she and Clark had a pleasant rooftop romance, she went home and found someone was using her shower. She thought it was Clark and stripped down to join him, only to find it was Jon

who's writing Lois Lane?

Greg Rucka, the guy who did the first few trades worth of Wonder Woman's Rebirth run.

so he's decent

-

BTW, even though I may not always like her (as in general I am not very Superman oriented)

But in here Lois is one fine vixen

No Caption Provided

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1769  Edited By ZariusII
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"singing" Somebody's getting cancelled, Somebody's getting cancelled...

Marvel Cancels Tony Stark: Iron Man, Final Issue Delayed to December

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09/16/marvel-cancels-tony-stark-iron-man-final-issue-delayed-december/

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @supermanthor, @thor_parker82

I forgot this book even existed lol

Dan down to F4, which TBH has been decent enough. Then again I am not an F4 fan like I am a Spider-Man fan.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter said:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09/16/marvel-cancels-tony-stark-iron-man-final-issue-delayed-december/

-

@ursaber, @quilsniv, @zariusii, @blackspidey2099, @mizerous, @marvelman92, @supermanthor, @thor_parker82

Why does Iron Man getting cancelled makes you happy though ?

2 things

I don't like the writer and thanks to the MCU and the direction they took Spider-Man/Peter I've come to really not liking Iron Man

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I was actually kinda interested in that Ultron story they were soliciting. Dan Slott writes a really great Hank Pym.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@animehunter said:

-

Why does Iron Man getting cancelled makes you happy though ?

2 things

I don't like the writer and thanks to the MCU and the direction they took Spider-Man/Peter I've come to really not liking Iron Man

I never liked Iron Man or Tony Stark apart from Robert himself and the Iron Man armor.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I was actually kinda interested in that Ultron story they were soliciting. Dan Slott writes a really great Hank Pym.

Then let him write an Ant-Man and Ultron mini, or a one shot like Rage of Ultron.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1778  Edited By ZariusII

@animehunter

@ursaber

@thor_parker82

Iron Man wasn't bad, but the direction it was going in (Tony not knowing if he was real or an A.I, the relationship with Janet) wasn't very appealing to me.

I doubt this is the end of Slott's Iron Man story, they'll just relaunch the book as a mini or something to tell his Iron Man 2020 saga.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yeah, no. If he did, then he'd make Hank Pym lower than dirt. He already had Janet tell Hank he was a problem and had her openly love Tony calling eachother sweetie and everything. It was groan inducing. Especially from a man who suffered too much. I mean, the real Hank is trapped inside an Infinity Gem for crying out loud. He's been separated from his family. His estranged daughter(who I don't like) had removed his last name for Jan's. Just please, if anyone is gonna make an Ant Man series featuring Hank it'd be someone other than Slott, Whitely, and Waid. Let Gerry Duggan handle him or something.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Yeah, no. If he did, then he'd make Hank Pym lower than dirt. He already had Janet tell Hank he was a problem and had her openly love Tony calling eachother sweetie and everything. It was groan inducing. Especially from a man who suffered too much. I mean, the real Hank is trapped inside an Infinity Gem for crying out loud. He's been separated from his family. His estranged daughter(who I don't like) had removed his last name for Jan's. Just please, if anyone is gonna make an Ant Man series featuring Hank it'd be someone other than Slott, Whitely, and Waid. Let Gerry Duggan handle him or something.

what are you talking about?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:

Well, Blackspidey Says Than Dan Slott Should Write Ant Man And You Said Go Ahead Which Let's Not Get Any Ideas, He Would Try And Mess Around. I Mean, His Fantastic Four Run Hasn't Been Great Either. And Between His Iron Man Run, He Might Wreck Ant Man If He Were To Ever Touch It.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:

Well, Blackspidey Says Than Dan Slott Should Write Ant Man And You Said Go Ahead Which Let's Not Get Any Ideas, He Would Try And Mess Around. I Mean, His Fantastic Four Run Hasn't Been Great Either. And Between His Iron Man Run, He Might Wreck Ant Man If He Were To Ever Touch It.

i don't care what Dan Slott writes now so long as its not Spider-Man

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:
@ursaber said:
@marvelman92 said:

i don't care what Dan Slott writes now so long as its not Spider-Man

Agreed. Though, I Don't Want Him To Touch Ant Man Either. That Guy Has Suffered Enough As Well.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1788  Edited By ZariusII

@marvelman92 said:

@ursaber: Yeah, no. If he did, then he'd make Hank Pym lower than dirt. He already had Janet tell Hank he was a problem and had her openly love Tony calling eachother sweetie and everything. It was groan inducing.

I agree, then again how long has it been since Janet was written as likeable? She's right up there with Carol as an irredeemably despicable and shallow person. She's the one responsible for Wanda going nuts in House of M remember?

There's so much you can do with crafting a story of a loving relationship with a mentally ill person, we get traces of that in the Wasp series with Janet and Nadia, but she won't give Hank the same understanding and courtesy? Or even tell Nadia of the good Hank's done? Nah mate, Janet needs a page one rebuild....I'd retcon it so that she hasn't been the real Janet in years and the real one's still lost in the microverse somewhere.

I don't mind the Tony thing all that much because I'm just waiting for Tony to screw that up like he does everything, if he couldn't hold on to Pepper, he can't hold on to anyone.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
@marvelman92 said:

@ursaber: Yeah, no. If he did, then he'd make Hank Pym lower than dirt. He already had Janet tell Hank he was a problem and had her openly love Tony calling eachother sweetie and everything. It was groan inducing.

I agree, then again how long has it been since Janet was written as likeable? She's right up there with Carol as an irredeemably despicable and shallow person. She's the one responsible for Wanda going nuts in House of M remember?

There's so much you can do with crafting a story of a loving relationship with a mentally ill person, we get traces of that in the Wasp series with Janet and Nadia, but she won't give Hank the same understanding and courtesy? Or even tell Nadia of the good Hank's done? Nah mate, Janet needs a page one rebuild....I'd retcon it so that she hasn't been the real Janet in years and the real one's still lost in the microverse somewhere.

I don't mind the Tony thing all that much because I'm just waiting for Tony to screw that up like he does everything, if he couldn't hold on to Pepper, he can't hold on to anyone.

Man, I Thought That Janet Admitted Hank Had Issues And Talk About The Good Things About Him. But, Yeah. Hank Really Needs To Get His Life Back Together. Him And Janet Needs To Make Up. He Has His Whole Life To Make Up.

And Yeah, I Expect Tony To Screw His Relationship With Janet Up As Well. I Just Don't Like Their Relationship. They're All Lovey Dovey For Some Reason. You Don't See Something Like That With The Other Marvel Characters. Calling Eachother Honey Or sweetie Is Just Enough For Me.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1792  Edited By ursaber
ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It involves MCU Spider-Man.

A speculation that Captain Marvel was going to be propped up by humiliating and diminishing Spider-Man. A foil for her if you will.

Another good reason why Spidey being out of the MCU is a good thing, even though I hear Far From Home was really good.

@animehunter

@zariusii

@marvelman92

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@thor_parker82

@mizerous

@supermanthor

@eto

@infantfinite128

BTW, 17 of September marked the anniversary of me joining CV. Its already been three years, wow!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Do they actually have any proof that Spidey would be used to prop her up though ?

Either way, I am personally glad Spidey is out of the MCU, even though Far From Home was pretty good, I still don't like the direction they took.

Also, how come you haven't seen Far Frome Home yet ?

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
Loading Video...

It involves MCU Spider-Man.

A speculation that Captain Marvel was going to be propped up by humiliating and diminishing Spider-Man. A foil for her if you will.

Another good reason why Spidey being out of the MCU is a good thing, even though I hear Far From Home was really good.

@animehunter

@zariusii

@marvelman92

@quilsniv

@blackspidey2099

@thor_parker82

@mizerous

@supermanthor

@eto

@infantfinite128

BTW, 17 of September marked the anniversary of me joining CV. Its already been three years, wow!

>Using Geeks and Gamers as a source

BRUH

No Caption Provided

I might have to create a shortlist of sources to not use, but Jeremy is one of the worst. He already has an agenda against Brie Larson, so I wouldn't trust anything he says to be objective. (He made forty videos on Captain Marvel before the movie was released, and as much as I don't like the movie that's a bit excessive/obsessive.)

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:Congrats! It's been a pleasure knowing you.

As to the news, I don't like the MCU, but I appreciate the tag.

I still like the first Iron Man though.

I'm looking forward to Joker. That looks like the best superhero movie since Logan.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Do they actually have any proof that Spidey would be used to prop her up though ?

Either way, I am personally glad Spidey is out of the MCU, even though Far From Home was pretty good, I still don't like the direction they took.

Also, how come you haven't seen Far Frome Home yet ?

Its out of theaters and not yet on video release and I don't want to see a pirated version.

As for proof, couldn't say, saw the video, it involved Spidey, don't much like Captain Marvel MCU, so I posted it here.

I'd have to see what Sony would do now with Tom Holland's Spider-Man in order to be more optimistic. Hopefully with a better supporting cast and accurate depictions of them.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quilsniv said:

BRUH

I might have to create a shortlist of sources to not use, but Jeremy is one of the worst. He already has an agenda against Brie Larson, so I wouldn't trust anything he says to be objective. (He made forty videos on Captain Marvel before the movie was released, and as much as I don't like the movie that's a bit excessive/obsessive.)

I can get that. TBH I too am annoyed by how much G+G focuses on negativity and criticism rather than talking about things to be glad about (but I guess you get more views with rants and slam talk rather than good content on YouTube these days). His Batwoman videos however have been funny IMO.

I don't really know what you guys have tagged as non desirables other than the old Diversity and Comics channel now called Ya Boi Zack or something. Saw the video, involved MCU Spidey, don't much like Brie Larson, so I posted it here. Nothing too deep.

And yeah, he is hyper obsessed with all things Brie. Its a big reason most of his videos I skip. Every now and then, one of his co stars will do a pretty good video not of the Brie Larson topic.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128:

Congrats! It's been a pleasure knowing you.

Don't say that like its the end... just kidding, been a pleasure knowing you as well!

As to the news, I don't like the MCU, but I appreciate the tag.

Got it, will refrain from tagging you on MCU stuff. Why don't you like MCU? Did ya hear about the new Batman and Nightwing writers for 2020?

I still like the first Iron Man though.

I like Iron Man, Thor, First Avenger, Avengers, Winter Soldier, Guardians 1, Vision in Age of Ultron, Civil War, both Ant Mans and the last two Avengers movies of course!

This moment still makes my skin crawl!

Loading Video...

I'm looking forward to Joker. That looks like the best superhero movie since Logan

When I saw all the reviews and all the positive reception, I thought for sure the movie was releasing in September. Then I found out it was on October and I was like, WTF!

Can't wait to see it! It will be hard watching the beginning with this eccentric and weird man getting kicked around by the world for being different.

Still don't know if his Joker will match or surpass Heath Ledger though.

QuilSniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@quilsniv said:

BRUH

I can get that. TBH I too am annoyed by how much G+G focuses on negativity and criticism rather than talking about things to be glad about (but I guess you get more views with rants and slam talk rather than good content on YouTube these days). His Batwoman videos however have been funny IMO.

I don't really know what you guys have tagged as non desirables other than the old Diversity and Comics channel now called Ya Boi Zack or something. Saw the video, involved MCU Spidey, don't much like Brie Larson, so I posted it here. Nothing too deep.

And yeah, he is hyper obsessed with all things Brie. Its a big reason most of his videos I skip. Every now and then, one of his co stars will do a pretty good video not of the Brie Larson topic.

I don't even care about Zack or EVS, (I don't agree with a lot of Richard's opinions but as long as he behaves himself I'm okay with that) but Geeks and Gamers commonly uses Cosmic Book News as a source, who are known for lying and just speculating on several of their articles. (Matt McGloin, who I think is their only contributor, harassed James Gunn for not putting Nova in the first Guardians movie, and has lied about scooping news mulitple times, the recent Smallville announcement the newest among them.)

When you use Cosmic Book News as your source, that's more or less just drama-sharing for the sake of drama. And given that McGloin also has his own vendetta against Brie Larson aside from Geeks and Gamers, I doubt it's very objective, if it's even true at all.