Spider-Man Fans, Casual Discussion

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@marvelman92: @amazingfantasy:

CODE GEASS IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST ANIME IN THE HISTORY OF EXISTENCE. Absolutely kicks Death Note's ass in every respect. Unlike Death Note, Geass never lost focus or went off the rails and maintainted a consistent narrative buildup leading to the greatest anime conclusion of all time.

So stoked for S3 mostly because I know how Lelouch survived. Lelouch has the Power of Geass and is immortal as well like C2. There are two powers in Code Geass, the power of Geass and the Code of Immortality. Lelouch obtained the Code of Immortality when he killed his father. His father passed it on to his neck where he choked him. Because C2 is still alive their contract remains so Lelouch is both absolutely immortal and still has his power to command.

This is gonna be so awesome. Curious about the tilte of Lelouch of the Resurrection. I really hope I get to see Shirley again. In the two instances where Lelouch and Shirley had heart to hearts (first when he made her forget and second in her deathbed) they talked about being reborn into another life and I hope that comes true.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ursaber said:

CODE GEASS IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST ANIME IN THE HISTORY OF EXISTENCE. Absolutely kicks Death Note's ass in every respect. Unlike Death Note, Geass never lost focus or went off the rails and maintainted a consistent narrative buildup leading to the greatest anime conclusion of all time.

So stoked for S3 mostly because I know how Lelouch survived. Lelouch has the Power of Geass and is immortal as well like C2. There are two powers in Code Geass, the power of Geass and the Code of Immortality. Lelouch obtained the Code of Immortality when he killed his father. His father passed it on to his neck where he choked him. Because C2 is still alive their contract remains so Lelouch is both absolutely immortal and still has his power to command.

This is gonna be so awesome. Curious about the tilte of Lelouch of the Resurrection. I really hope I get to see Shirley again. In the two instances where Lelouch and Shirley had heart to hearts (first when he made her forget and second in her deathbed) they talked about being reborn into another life and I hope that comes true.

It's great, the greatest I'm not sure, and no it doesn't kick Death Note's ass.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: (Why the Death Note comparison? lol) Oh yes, that is a very common theory but I'll want to see if it will finally prove itself if it will be true, or if the writers will introduce something else, etc. But regardless of how Lelouch will return, I just hope they don't drop the ball with the new season. Also, Shirley :(((

@jb681131 said:

Agreed, agreed. But I never fully watched Death Note so no 2cents about that part here. lol

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

I consider it the greatest. The only series I know to be universally the greatest among nearly all anime fans is Fullmetal Alchemist. And I agree cause Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is a masterpiece.

It does to kick Death Note's ass. Death Note really fell apart when Light lost his memory and when L died. It had an inconsistent pacing because of that rather than Code Geass' episode by episode buildup to their respective finales. The only redeeming thing about Death Note after L died was Light's death which was sheer brilliance.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ursaber

@ursaber: (Why the Death Note comparison? lol) Oh yes, that is a very common theory but I'll want to see if it will finally prove itself if it will be true, or if the writers will introduce something else, etc. But regardless of how Lelouch will return, I just hope they don't drop the ball with the new season. Also, Shirley :(((

@jb681131 said:

Agreed, agreed. But I never fully watched Death Note so no 2cents about that part here. lol

Geass and Death Note tend to be compared a lot because of their anti hero super genius protagonists and their thriller narratives. This is why I brought up the Death Note comparison. Also Death Note was way too dark for me and Light as an asshole. Pure evil.

I believe the theory is correct. It has so much proof. Like when Charles took V2's Code, then Lelouch killed him and he was resurrected. Lelouch is coming back to helm the series which means he is alive and he can be alive in much the same way as Charles. If Charles inadvertently transferred his Code to Lelouch when he choked him or if Lelouch took it after awakening his Master Geass (Geass on both eyes) then when Suzaku killed him his code activated. It also explains why Nunnaly was able to get those visions about Lelouch and Suzaku and their Zero Requiem plan and why she embraced him in love at the very end. After closing his eyes he could've just pretended to be dead after that.

Oh man. Lelouch is both immortal and has the power to command anybody and grant Geass to others. He is the OP now.

SHIRLEY!! That is the most tearjerking death in anime I have ever witnessed. I weep in sorrow every time I see this video. The dialogue, the music, the expressions.

Loading Video...

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: Ah yes, I've seen some, not very often tho. Just similar at a first glance (But I definitely don't see CG as a thriller, far from it tbh)... And yeah, Death Note is more mature, Light became more and more evil as it went on which is what I think the point is, power corrupted him, who used to be so pure and rightful. Dark stuff...

Yeah, I'm well aware lol these theories are infamous ever since 2008 (to this day almost impossible to go on a youtube comment section without 'em lmao). There are also much counterpoints/proof, some of which would be:

The point of Lelouch's journey. He felt guilty for causing the deaths of innocents, Euphi, Shirley (kinda), lying to the ones he cares about, simply using his geass, and etc... At the end he wanted to pay for his sins, he wanted to be punished and was shown to feel that guilt multiple times during the anime. From the way the story was told I very much doubt Lelouch would wanna stay alive and simply ride off into the sunset with C.C., that would be... a dick move. lol No lesson learned, no sacrifice, no redemption, nothing...

Plus Suzaku and C.C. cried when Kururugi killed him, and Suzaku and C.C. were the only ones he fully trusted and that were aware of the Zero Requiem. That wouldn't make sense if he was planning to live all along. There's also Nunally (And the theory can also backfire because of that, if Nunally fully saw his memories and he planned to live, why was she so sad?) and he didn't say anything to her despite putting her above everything else... And he easily could in the off-screen time skip from where Lelouch won the war, and even if not Suzaku and/or C.C. could simply aware her on it.

Also Lelouch 'killed' Charles in a very unique way, not directly, and so far all the codes were only received from people who gave the geass to being with (C.C and Charles, That lady and V.V.), not someone rather unrelated... And on all code transferences at least one of the people wanted to, while Lelouch didn't seem to want it or even knew it was possible, and Charles sure as hell didn't want to pass to him. lol And the fact that this whole argument is a bit reaching because we don't exactly know the rules of Code and Geass, much less both together lol. This point might be nothing I'll admit but I think it's worth noting.

Also, if we're taking the title literally, Lelouch of the Ressurection, that means he's coming back... Not that he never died to begin with, which is what the theory says.

I'm okay with him surviving, even by the fan theory, but it would have to be by accident, he didn't intend to. Or being revived as I just mentioned. Love Lelouch but as I said the ending was a perfect conclusion to his and the overall story, I'm afraid they might mess stuff up especially since this sequel was not planned, unlike R2.

Of course they can always retcon stuff up to explain it, like Lelouch faked his death to somehow prepare for the new threat or something (especially since R3 will have S1-S2 unseen flashbacks), but I do think the fan theory won't turn out to be correct... Simply because storytelling and character wise, there really was no reason for Lelouch to live, outside of fans wanting him to and missing the point of the character. Only retcons would make the theory work. Apologies for the long post but as you probably know by this point I like making things clear and in a single post if possible LOL

Another point (and more of a small critic to R3 lol) is that the new threat, wth is coming anyway? That can compete with what we were left with? Schneizel is just as smart as Lelouch, the good side has both Kallen and Suzaku the two best pilots (And Suzaku is superhuman by himself lol), not to mention other strong ones like that Xingke, Toudou, Cornelia, etc. Plus the whole army from all the nations that Lelouch United, as planned. The two sides were more or less equal once Lelouch came into play, and there will be something that's so strong to oppose all of that and force Lelouch to return? Putting that, what I said before and some other stuff if you look into it, from a storyline perspective, everything was solved and done. Which is normal given that there was supposed to be no R3 but just saying, it bugs me that they'll mess with that. lol

On another note, I wonder if the characters from Akito will appear... That'd be interesting.

Godamn that Shirley death scene, the feels :(( Such a pure soul. F*** Rolo, lol. And I also felt sad at his own death scene, dang it. I wanted to laugh at his disgrace and ended up with feels again. LOL

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy:

Its completely possible that Lelouch himself was unaware that he took Charles' Code consciously. He planned to die all along but in his ultimate act of redemption, atonement and selflessness as well as the combination of Code and Geass may have given him new powers, maybe resurrection itself. So in the end Lelouch did atone but in a clever twist of fate things did not go as he planned (something very ironic for the master planner Lelouch). Kinda like Ultimate Peter Parker wherein he died but resurrected later on.

V2 didn't want to lose his Code but Charles took him anyway. Something we DO know is that only someone who has a full Geass on both their eyes can kill someone with a Code (C2 states this in CCR2 Episode 14 when they attack the Geass Order). Charles and V2 wanted C2 so that Charles could take C2's Code. With this alone its completely believable that Lelouch can have both Code and Geass at the same time in the same way that Charles would have if he had taken C2's Code. And since his contract with V2 would still have been active Charles would have retained his Geass powers. However when Charles took V2's Code he forfeited his contract and lost his Geass. If Lelouch has Charles' Code and C2 is still alive than automatically he has both the Geass C2 gave him because of their contract AND the Code of Immortality.

Even Lelouch did not know the full rules of Geass so him resurrecting after his death at the end of R2 could be as much of a surprise to him as it is for us. Something else one has to acknowledge is the Japanese ending which saw Lelouch driving C2's cart. Suzaku may have been unaware of Lelouch becoming immortal but its possible that C2 learned of this afterwards.

-

In response to R3, I believe that a new group, maybe even a Geass user or some Britannian radicals are attempting to bring back their Empire. It would be very similar to Force Awakens wherein after the evil Empire was vanquished now its remnants fight in a resistance. In the teaser trailer for R3 we see two Knightmare Frames, a black Lancelot Albion no doubt belonging to Suzaku as Zero and another one that resembles Lelouch's Shinkiro. It could be something like Lelouch became a martyr or the truth about Zero has been revealed and the world is descending into chaos again. Just my thoughts. However Lelouch seems to have Green Geass eye which I believe will be because he has both Code and Geass (I believe this theory because it makes too much sense and its deeply interwoven with the anime thanks to Charles, V2 and C2).

BTW Schneizal is slightly less smart than Lelouch :) Lelouch proved his superiority when he predicted his thoughts and subjugated him.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: That was my whole point. It's fine if he came back by accident, I said that. But Lelouch planning it goes completely against the ending... Which is a good amount of the theories play as. But as long as we agree on that lol. :p I also very much doubt Lelouch will be happy with staying alive, but I think that will be explored in R3. He will probably come to terms with it eventually, but should be interesting to see.

Yes, and? I said that at least one of the people wanted to take the code, thus why it happened. On Lelouch/Charles neither wanted.
Plus it was never shown that Charles could have taken C.C code, I've argued this point a lot in the past... He intended to (never told how), and more importantly, C.C. was willing to, but he never did and there never really was any definite proof, so no it does not 'prove' anything. A possibility, yes. But that is theory only, much like Lelouch having both. Never shown or proved on-screen, unlike... Pretty much everything else. lol And that aside, again, Lelouch never directly killed Charles.
And if we reaaally go deep Lelouch could take advantage of being immortal, especially in the last war. Seriously, he could checkmate Scheneizel much easier by playing dead or something, due to being an unexpected factor. Someone with Lelouch's brain could surely take advantage of that.
Oh and that ending has been proved fake, wonder if it will ever stop being brought up. lol If it wasn't I doubt people would debate about it so heavily.

Yeah, precisely why... That seems a bit cliche, no build-up and out of nowhere, but I guess there's no way around it. But the problem isn't even what/who, but how they'd be powerful enough to top everything that I mentioned. It's basically Britannia + Black Knights. There has been literally no mention of anyone who could rival them, the whole point was how these two were the biggest forces in the world. My bet would be some Geass people, one of the few things that wasn't that explored in the original. Could be interesting and a bit acceptable. Maybe even show more people with code/geass or even both if the theory turns out to be right, or even if it doesn't, nothing really stopping it. LOL An immortal and full geass Lelouch seems a bit 'meh' storytelling wise to me, but we'll see how it goes.

Lelouch outsmarted him once sure (and with geass, once is enough), but Schneizel also outsmarted Lelouch multiple times in the past. Lelouch didn't get a mind "power up" or anything, so that has to be taken into account to comparing them overall. Plus this time Lelouch had Suzaku by his side, and they have been portrayed as unstoppable together (something rather similar even happened with Mao). But regardless they're basically equal, it's what I meant. :p

Oh and I hope that Nina chick dies. LOL How can people like Shirley and Euphi die and Nina lives. Whyyy

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingfantasy:

What does it matter that Lelouch is happy staying alive. I am happy that Lelouch is alive and that's all that matters LOL. Lelouch is the best anime protagonist I have gazed upon. Regardless if he is happy or not his fate would be much like Suzaku's. Wherein they are in states of living death according to them. At least Lelouch gets to witness the fruits of his labor and the result of his Zero Requiem.

If C2 did want to have her Code taken by Charles what I said would have happened. We are not shown this but the show heavily implied upon this possibility. There has to be a rational reason to why Charles and V2 were hunting C2 ceaselessly and that was to acquire her Code. Lelouch never directly killed Charles but he did write them out of existence and Charles himself never directly killed V2 but he did took his Code. Only people with Code can transfer thoughts and memories like C2 did with both Lelouch and Suzaku numerous times. How did Nunnally receive that memory flashback upon touching Lelouch shortly after he was stabbed to death if he did not have Code? That right there is a plot hole. Geass users can't do that.

The Lelouch is alive was the original Japanese ending before they decided to go back on it. So originally it was intended for Lelouch to live and now with the announcement of a third season with Lelouch again as protagonist it seems as though they are going in their original direction. But I'm curious how do you say its been proven fake? Was it done by fans or something?

The forces of the Black Knights and even Damocles itself were both destroyed by Lelouch and his army (even Lelouch's armies took a massive beating from the Damocles and the volcano eruption). Its possible they may continue on but in a world with no more war and with Kallen stating that all the energy of mankind is being used not for the military but solving hunger and poverty that military buildup has taken a drastic downgrade. There is also a time skip into several years in the future so a lot of things can happen and change (see why I hate the RYV time skip notion). The Geass element was also touched upon numerous times especially with the Assault on the Geass Order. Also about Lelouch being immortal he is still capable of losing and being defeated and even being killed. What if another Geass user emerges with both his or her eyes having the Geass takes Lelouch's code. New ways of vulnerability can be explored.

When Shneizel outsmarted Lelouch it was always because he had the upper hand and Lelouch himself did point out that Schneizel never fights battles he can lose. By not taking risks Schneizel has already handicapped himself whereas Lelouch takes risks, has powers and can even predict people's thoughts, actions and their speech. Lelouch is too far a superior being to Schneizel. Schneizel is a tactical and strategic genius and the only person capable of rivaling Lelouch but Lelouch is still his superior. Even if Lelouch had Suzaku in his side during the final war, Schneizel had Damocles, the Black Knights, Kallen who is Suzaku's equal, Xingke, Todo, Gino AND Anya.

Yeah Nina should hit the bucket. I don't mind Euphemia, it was necessary if regretful to see her go but Shirly was a heartbreaker because I am 100 percent team Lelouch.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: *****Irrelevant and random words here because I'm trying to put in spoiler block and not being able to*****

It matters because I care about storytelling and don't let my bias completely take over because it went to the direction I wanted to, mate. :p Good for you that you like him, but Lelouch would probably wanna stay dead. Doubt he won't have a conflict at first, but yes eventually come on terms with it... Especially because plot will demand it lol.

Again... Pure assumption. And yes, C.C. willing to give her code could end with Charles getting it... But C.C willing to. Nor Lelouch Nor Charles wanted to take/give the code. That's the point. And the rational reason is because C.C. would be willing to go, that was their plan, until the end where she realised Charlie was just a selfish bastard lol.
You can tell me how Lelouch killed Charles all you want, it does not change my point... It wasn't directly. Lelouch didn't write him out of existence, that Ragnarok thing did. Lelouch caused it, yes, but that doesn't mean the power will go to him. It was basically like he ordered someone to kill another someone, rather indirect and I doubt he'd gain such a special power this way. Not to mention it just opens a whole lot of questions and possibilities.
How the hell do you know how Charles killed V.V.? LOL Are you implying V.V. would have died from the injuries and Charles just took his code anyways? Then V.V. is not really immortal then? .-. The way the scene is played V.V. just needed time to rest, but Charles taking advantage that V.V. was weak took his code. It was as direct as it gets. We don't exactly know how C.C. took hers but I doubt someone else played a role given how the scene was played.
People theorize that Nunally wasn't really seeing his memories, but rather doing her hand-feeling/reading thing that she did from the start of the series, a nice touch... There was a more depth explanation I'll try to find it. But even so, funny you bring Nunally again because I also brought up why she was sad to begin with? If she knew the whole plan... And that "memory" thing code users do tend to have negative effects on whoever's seeing it, Nunally was just fine physically. What about other people that touched him meanwhile? Or even Kallen, that kissed him?? Why did Lelouch memories specifically played at that moment?

No, it wasn't... That ending isn't real and not once I heard have I heard what you're saying there. Where did you even take that info from? Lol And yes, it was... The logo doesn't fit or something, I'll try to find the link. And in an interview the director (I think, someone from the staff) said that Lelouch was dead. Plus really, just a small screen of Lelouch face smiling, with a quick laugh, is it that hard to figure it out it was fan made? <.<

They were not. There were plenty, pleeenty of people left. Are you implying that the whole army was gone? Lmao... And even if it did, what does it matter? We all know that who truly matters are the main players (Suzaku, Kallen, Xingke etc), all which are alive and on the same side. Time skip also gives the possibility of new Knightmares and rebuilt the supposedly lost army.
No, it was never truly explored. What is Geass, exactly? What its orign? Is it truly supernatural? How did they create a reverse geass? Etc etc. There are many question we don't have answers too, It is one of the least touched subjects, and the geass facility had what, 1 episode focused on it? Lol. And that was mostly shooting and destruction while the other one was focused on Charlie/Lelouch. Geass was never really that focused upon. But that is hardly a bad thing, they can use this and not pull something out of their ass in R3 instead. I just hope they do use it... :p See how you're basically making stuff up here to make interesting possibilities? That's kinda my point... And I doubt someone like Lelouch would not find ways to take advantage of his immortality, especially since he's weak physically. But we'll see...

What?? Do explain exactly how Sch. had the upper hand in the other times instead of saying it vaguely and I'll answer properly, plus Scheneizel l played Chess with Lelouch multiple times and they both start equally, yet Lelouch could never beat him. It's pretty clear that all their fights are also played/portrayed as a chess game, and Lelouch finally managed to checkmate Schneizel, yes. But there's context.
Lelouch also has Geass, which you mentioned... Schneizel doesn't. What could Sche. do on equal grounds? The whole war would be different most likely. That just means Lelouch had more advantages, but to truly see who's smarter we'd need to put them on equal grounds and see where it goes. Lelouch did win yes, but there's context. Especially if we're talking who's smarter overall and not who won their last combat. Oh, and funny how you went from "slightly smarter" to "far too superior", 'starting' to think you're a bit biased here mate. LOL
... Really? Suzaku had Albion by that point... Only one who could really match or even give him trouble at all was Kallen so all that people you mentioned don't really matter here. And Suzaku/Kallen only really fought in the end, so it barely affected anything (if anything, it helped the Zero Requiem since Suzaku had to be "dead"). Plus Suzaku was the only one capable of stopping FLEIJA. Also, I can play the throw names too, Lelouch had his own whoolee army, Orange-Kun and C.C. who did play a role too, just throwing names doesn't work, and the way you worded it was like it was Suzaku vs all of those. But regardless, Suzaku did help Lelouch, and he is a factor that wasn't there before, you replace Suzaku with anyone else Lelouch's plan wouldn't work. But even so, it doesn't matter, Suzaku and Lelouch were portrayed as invincible from day one, not anyone else. They're the two protagonists of the series. And it was proved again here... It's crazy if you think Suzaku and Lelouch finally, finally fully working together played no part in this after all that the series built. You love Lelouch so much and this phrase comes from Lelouch himself, he said himself that no one can stop him and Suzaku.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CodeGeass was meh for me

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ursaber

@amazingfantasy:

Edit: Also I don't share your thoughts about Lelouch wanting to stay dead. He's the kind of guy who adapts and moves on. Lelouch is not afraid of dying and will welcome it with open arms but I don't believe he would just want to stay dead if he manages to come back to life either via the popular theory I mentioned or some other method by the showrunners.

Em no. If C2 was being hunted it was because she ran away from Charles and V2, she left the Geass Order and it passed to V2. They needed two Codes of Immortality to go forth with their plans for Ragnarok. If C2 was willing to go with Charles and V2 she would not have allied with Lelouch and started this whole series in the first place. She only went with them when they assaulted the Geass Order to save Lelouch and protect them wherein Lelouch convinced her not to go with Charles.

I said this before, only Geass users with the power in both their eyes are capable of killing or rather taking someone's Code of Immortality. Charles had a Master Geass and he took V2's Code and so did C2 when the nun who gave her her Geass. By taking away someone's Code that person becomes mortal again capable of dying so in that respect Master Geass users can kill or mortalize Code users.

As shown soon after Charles takes V2's Code and then his confrontation with Lelouch, Charles' Code activated after Lelouch orders him to die with those million mirrors. Charles dies and and comes back to life, beyond solid evidence that he in fact has the Code of Immortality. Thus when Suzaku killed Lelouch, his Code activated (if in the third season they reveal this to be true) just like how Charles TOOK V2's Code, was ordered to die by Lelouch and resurrected. And that is how Nunnally most certainly got that memory flash in the same way Lelouch glimpsed at C2's past when he touched her during the Battle of Narita with Suzaku. Lelouch suffers no significant physical side effects from this and only Suzaku due to his trauma as a child when he killed his father is shown to experience very negative side effects. Kallen did not receive any flashback because Lelouch had not awakened his code yet.

-

What logo? What are you talking about now? Really I need to see that link to confirm that the Lelouch smiling ending was fan made cause I always understood that the Lelouch lives smiling with his straw hat was the original Japanese ending before the showrunners decided to remove it to give the story a more open ended conclusion.

In the engagement between Lelouch, the Black Knights and Damocles we see nearly all if not the majority of Lelouch's enemy Black Knight forces get taken out by the volcanic eruption and even more during the Damocles Fleiya launches and another blast where Lelouch assumes dominion of the Damocles. Across the world there were also many engagement between Britannian and UFN forces and seeing as how Lelouch emerged victorious its safe to assume that the Black Knight and UFN forces were handily defeated. The armies are gone or defeated but the main players like Kallen, Todo and Xingke are alive. And seeing as how at the end of R2 Kallen explains that all the energy going into war was now being redirected we also know that mass military build up has decreased. After the war we see that Suzaku as Zero serves Empress Nunally and Lelouch also said to Suzaku that the Black Knights would follow him so its also known that the Black Knights are active post war in some capacity as is the Shen Long Knightmare. Since Nunnally and the core members of the Black Knights are basically in charge of the world now I assume that by R3 the world has been living in a peaceful period. But to explain those terrorist attacks in the R3 teaser I also speculate that there is a Britannian resistance forming. Lelouch also left a LOT of Britannians under his Geass in the world so that may come into play.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: Em, yes. Except that despite aaall of that you just said when Charles nearly kills C.C. she was willing to... And she frequently talked with Marianne on good terms. She left because of V.V. schemes and his killing of Marianne (Also the reason why Charles killed him to begin with .-.). She still wanted to die and Charles could give that to her... Again, all because she wanted to. Do you even remember the story dude? LOL

That is all pure assumption, I won't even address it. He didn't 'awake' anything, he simply got up because he cannot die. The 'power awaken' is nothing, nothing beyond assumption unless you can prove it. It has never been said on-screen (Nor does it make sense since as clearly shown from V.V. and C.C., it prevents them from ageing as well, thus logically it has to activate immediately). You're just trying to play the argument that way because there's nothing else to run to, otherwise your argument makes even less sense. Seriously, are all your arguments based on assumption instead of proven on-screen stuff? .-.

And about Nunally, no, Suzaku did collapse on the second time (when Euphemia went berserk) and it had nothing to do with his memories, interestingly enough it was exactly when a power, you guessed it, 'awoke' (Lelouch Geass evolved). The first time C.C. was specifically attacking Suzaku with his memories, and Suzaku's, not hers, the code carrier. Anya also was negatively affected while seeing Lelouch's childhood memories IIRC. Not to mention that when this happens it shows that weird blue screen that is in pretty much every opening, the Ragnarok thingy, some random kids, etc. Nunally didn't flash anything and it was immediate (and kinda supporting that she just felt her brother was in peace and his intentions with her established hand touching since she knows him so well), and those images flashing could easily be Lelouch's seeing his memories before passing away or simply something for the audience, not necessarily something Nunally was seeing especially because it was after she supposedly saw it. Futhermore, a lot of random memories seemed to appear there while the theorised Code memories were usually specific about something.

I'll try to find it and post it here, hang on. But really, that is nothing but your own observation... And that'd be wrong lol because whoever made that video spread that it was the japanese DVD ending, in other words, it came later.

Again, there simply were plenty of people left. When Lelouch wins and they all go "all hail lelouch" you can see. I don't know what else to say, go rewatch the scene/episode. There many people left and fightning, and all those stopped precisely because Lelouch took control of FLEIJA. And it's not like there aren't more soldiers who didn't participate or joined post-war, do stop playing that point... And Jesus, are you serious right now?? Just because they're in the eace doesn't mean military is any less or will stop developing. Energy was focused at war because it was a war, the biggest from that universe probably. Now they can focus on something else but there's still very much an army indeed and developments still going, much like our world. What is even your point with this anyway? No, really, what is it? That the army is so little so that will be the cue to Lelouch's return? Do you remember how quickly Albion and the last Guren were built? That's really not a problem... As for the rest it's just observations so okay.

Edit: Here check the top answer, not all what I was looking for (Still missing the debunking of the video which I'll search for, that is if that's not proof enough), but here's confirmation for Lelouch's death from at least 2 different official sources, and yet no confirmation for the opposite and making the video even less likely if not outright disproving it:

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/116/was-lelouch-the-person-driving-the-cart-in-the-last-scene-of-code-geass-r2

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@itsaworld said:

CodeGeass was meh for me

-_-

Just didn't do it for me. I like other anime like Slayers, Vandread, Gurren Lagann, School Rumble.

But above all else...best anime ever...

FULL METAL ALCHEMIST

either one works

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dont watch anime lel.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ursaber

@amazingfantasy:

C2 wanted to die, that is true, and she would have died all the same if she had stayed with them even after Marianne was killed but she didn't stay. She went looking for some other way to die and found it in Lelouch. And contrary to something earlier you said, Charles DID want to take C2's code. The entire plan of Charles and V2 was for Charles, now having Geass on both eyes was to take C2's Code and for both of them to initiate Ragnarok. AND because of just pure logic, Charles would still have his Geass because his contract with V2 was still active. This did not come to pass but the fact that the two of them were planning for this means that it was possible or else the two were pursuing a foolhardy plan that would not succeed. Having acquired Codes themselves both V2 and C2 would know, especially over the lifetimes they've been alive how they function.

Dude I am not assuming anything. The fact of the matter is that Charles did in fact take V2's Code. C2 herself states this when in front of a defeated V2 saying "Charles, why steal V2's code now?". And seeing as how Charles DID NOT DIE when Lelouch ordered him to die is further proof of that. Its called the Code of Immortality after all and Marianne herself talks to C2 it would've been easier if she had given Charles her Code, and since C2 is immortal it further proves it is in fact the CODE OF IMMORTALITY. After Charles came back to life, Lelouch repeated the command he already gave him to DIE but was unaffected as is the case with Code users who cannot be affected by Geass. And before you rebuttal me with the argument that Lelouch's command didn't work a second time on Charles because Lelouch can only do so one time, I remind you that Lelouch was still able to command Suzaku to live afterwards. The show respects your intelligence. It doesn't blurt out everything because it expects you to connect the dots as well. Or else how do you explain Charles surviving a gunshot to the heart? That he just got up and shrug it off?

In the story a Code bearer can make contracts with people to grant them the power of Geass (C2 with Lelouch and V2 with Charles). Once that Geass becomes powerful enough (on both eyes) that Geass user is capable of taking the power of Code from a Code bearer(see Code Geass R2 Episode 15). This is shown on TWO occasions

1. Charles (possessing Geass on both eyes) taking V2's Code after V2 was defeated and in a weakened state and proving himself to be immortal when he survived Lelouch's command to die.
  2. C2 (geass on both eyes) when the nun confessed to having tricked her in order to forcibly pass on her code to C2.

And on the subject of Nunnally, those memories could be (like you implied) from Lelouch BUT him sharing them with Nunnally. Remember that Nunnally prior to that point considered her brother an enemy, a demon. Her love for him was obviously still there but it wasn't going to stop her from doing what was needed to be done and that was to kill him. She had no knowledge of the Zero Requiem as well. When Nunnally made physical contact with Lelouch upon his deathbed the images of Suzaku and Lelouch talking about the Zero Requiem flashed forward and Nunnally herself reacted to them saying "you mean, that after all this time you... oh big brother I love you", meaning and practically screaming out loud that she did in fact see these images and realized the truth of what Lelouch was planning all along. If she hadn't seen these images she still would have had her mindset that Lelouch needed to die even though she would be saddened by his death. There was no blue flash or none of that Ragnarok thing you're talking about when that happened. You may be confusing this with Lelouch's memory flashback's as he died saying how he destroyed the world and created a new one.

-

What I am trying to say is that in the post War period, military production decreased as a result of there being no more war and peace. Not that there does not exist any military or police forces in the world. And all I am trying to say is that the Black Knights and the UFN forces were smashed and defeated in the war. Could they have been rebuilt afterwards of course. Who is to say what happens afterwards. The show takes place several years later.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber: I... Don't know what you're talking about there. You mentioned how C.C. ran from them. Ok. I said it was because V.V was jealous of Marianne and killed her. C.C. seeing the mess, had her owns troubles and the ones with V.V. and went away. But the end goal was always for her to die, whenever that may be, and Charles can grant that to her. And she often talked to Marianne who was part of the plan, and on good terms. So yes, in the end it all would work out like C.C. wanted (which was to die), regardless of the method. This point came up because you said she wasn't willing to die (and your first words alone in this post settles that). I think you're getting too caught up in the current point and forgetting what started it to begin with. Plus ignoring a lot of my points and just answering what you can which is just making me repeat myself .-.
What early thing I said? Charles killed V.V. because he lied, and they promised to live in a world of no lies. But V.V. lied about Marianne and was weak, so Charles saw that as betrayal, took advantage of his current weakness and ended him. The original plan was for the 4 of them to live in their perfect world but V.V. messed it all up basically, which lead to C.C. leaving and so it went.

Again, no idea what you're on about here. I'm well aware of Geass rules and all that. I never said that Charles didn't get immortality, only that there was no 'trigger'. You said it 'activated' when Lelouch killed him, I said there was no activation in the first place. He took it from V.V. and that was that. Bringing the original point thing again, you were trying to justify that Lelouch code simple had not activated and I said that is simply incorrect because it needs no activation. If you got it now just re-read my previous post in which I've already addressed that.

I am not confusing with anything... You just made my point, it's precisely why there's no ragnarok and blue flash thing that it shows it's not a geass flashback (I may try to get some screenshots if needed) because they have those. And again, you ignored for like the 2nd or 3rd time the fact that it's been established that Nunally didn't suffer any backlash from the memories overload and that she can read people's feelings/heart with a simple touch to the hand. Specifically the hand. You think the writers put that by coincidence? You said it yourself, connect the dots... And if you need even more, not just from Nunally but all around: http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2008/10/code-geass-r2-another-nail-in-lelouchs-coffin/

----

Okay, but don't really see what that had to with my original point or why bring it up in the first place. Buut whatever. :p

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ursaber

@amazingfantasy:

C2 was willing to die in episode 15 of Code Geass R2 when she was about to surrender her Code to Charles and through Lelouch influencing her and talking to her about staying alive, C2 refused to give up her Code to Charles. Losing one's Code basically means death or being mortal again so that's why I imply death. As for her running away you already provided the answer for that.

As for the second point I do believe that there is a trigger or activation, that it wasn't as cut and dry as that. This is why I believe there is an activation: a person with Code CANNOT be influenced by the power of Geass just like Lelouch could not use his Geass on C2. IF Charles had the Code as soon as he stole it from C2 then Charles would not have been affected by Lelouch's command to die and we see very clearly that Lelouch's geass did in fact affect Charles. But what we see is that Charles was affected by Lelouch's Geass and he killed himself. Then he came back to life and Lelouch could no longer use his command on him, the same command might I add, which again I say would have worked as proven when Lelouch tells Suzaku to live when fighting Bismarck. Its also because of this that I believe Lelouch took even if inadvertently his father's Geass and it activated when Suzaku killed him. How the showrunners will bring Lelouch back for R3 may well vary but the use of Code has been established so they can also go with that.

As for the final point, the show never made clear how Nunnally could tell when people were lying and I always believed from what I saw that she could do that by sensing the blood veins in the hand, like detecting a heartbeat or the flow of blood or something.

Okay, but don't really see what that had to with my original point or why bring it up in the first place.

To speculate about what is going on in R3. Wasn't that the whole point of what we were talking about here.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By amazingfantasy

@ursaber:*sigh* Okay, I'll try this one more if not I'll make a post addressing things from the start

Dude you literally just said that C.C. was willing to die... Just that Lelouch that changed her mind. Again, I don't know what else to say, watch the scene. Charles didn't force her, far from it, and C.C. willingly (almost) gave her life, Lelouch just changed her mind before she did. And I thank you for saying that yes a person can indeed deny a code to another, which was a point you were arguing against up there. :D lol

That's pure assumption, all that has ever been said is that the Geass doesn't work on the one who gave it to them in the first place. In fact your'evidence' might be the opposite. The fact that it did work on Charles shows it works in a person with code. Lelouch couldn't use the command again, and didn't try any other for that matter, because his Geass only works once per person*, are you serious right now? This is basic info. And that makes no sense because they don't age either, so the effect logically would have to be immediate. Much like the Geass automatically activates (even if it the user does not use it) when the contract is done. Again, you're just playing the events your own way to try and prove your point. But how about you get out of assumption and get me proof that your personal interpretation of it is what happened? Y'know, like how we know Geass activates immediately after the contract is made. Not a theory.
Storytelling-wise it made no sense either and sure didn't seem to be played that way, and there was no indication that he 'awakened' a Code, unlike when people awake a Geass. The scene changes between Lelouch/Charles and CC/VV, plays more like "OMG he's immortal like VV now, he took his Code!" instead of "Oh crap, his immortality activated!" It's simpler all around, Charles didn't taunt/thanked Lelouch or anything for "awakening" his code and granting him immortality, he showed his hand fully aware that the Code mark was especifically there, the list goes on, especially if we're playing on assumptions like you are. I can also simply say that Charles was messing with him and Lelouch's Geass never worked to begin with...
*- That aaaand Suzaku is a continuous command, Charles' was an immediate, quick one. It's simple as that, don't know why you're emphasising that much. Multiple commands have been continuous and I can list some of them just from the top of my head... Heck Charles' geass on Anya went on even after he lost his geass and later died. But forget that, your whole argument forgets the point that the geass only works once per person .-.

The show did make clear, if you interpreted it wrong that's on you, and I literally just send you a link from an official source saying that she can do so. It doesn't get any clearer than that, but if you're gonna keep ignoring multiple evidences and just arguing with your own interpretations and assumptions... Well go ahead, I'll keep with the facts. .-.

Yes, but still. I said about armies and stuff all around, seemed like a small, irrelevant point. I very much doubt this will even come into play at R3, I believe armies will be normal, but we'll see I guess.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92: I know, I've heard great things from One Piece. But quality isn't a concern, my main problem is on how long it is, I really don't feel like following all of that, especially from the start... But maybe one day. lol

Well You Should Give The First 57 Episodes A Try. They're Really Good. And Trust Me When I Say That You'll Really Love Some Of The Main Characters And REALLY Hate The Villains. It's Really That Great :)

Cool, cool. Bleach has indeed declined as it went on, I mostly followed it out of habit tbh LOL only a 5 mins chapter a week, no biggie. The ending tho, argh, that might have been the worst I ever saw...

Yeah, I Liked Bleach For About A Few Episodes. Then It Just Became Really Eh As Episodes Kept Going On As They Went To The Soul Society. There's Been Some Interesting Side Stories, But Overall, The Series Was Pretty Eh At This Point. And The Continuity Was Actually Just A Mess When They Get To The Filler Arcs. The Dub Also Didn't Help Either.

Code Geass is awesome. Yeah I've heard about Akito years ago but was never really interested. Maybe I'll watch it once S3 is coming up, but I wished Lelouch stayed dead and peace had reigned, for me the ending was perfect. Ah, well.

Yeah, The Series Was Actually Really Great. Filled With Such Emotional And Messed Up Moments. Akito The Exiled Was Really Great Too. It's Actually A Five Episode OVA Series. It's Really Worth Your Time.

As For Lelouch's Fate, Yeah, I Kinda Preferred Him Dead. It Really Kinda Set An Emotional Impact And For What He Was Actually Sought Out To Do. Though, I'm Really Interested To See Where They're Actually Gonna Go From Here.

Haven't watched like 95% of the ones you mentioned LOL. I really really liked DBverse when I was younger but eh nowadays it doesn't interest me anymore.

Yeah, I Like The Dragon Ball Series. Still Do BTW. But, The Show Actually Has Alot Of Problems With Its Consistency. And Also Whenever The The Dragon Ball Fanboys Say Stuff Like The Characters From The Dragon Ball Universe Can Beat Literally Everyone In The Marvel And DC Universe, I Literally Just Feel Such Sadness And Frustration As It Insults Years For The Developments Of The Characters, Stories, And Histories With So Much Passion And Hard Work For The Creators Who Spent 75-50 Years Of Making These Things Work. I Really Like To See Someone Give Some Statements As To How Goku Would Beat Someone Like The Juggernaut Or Even Thor Or The Silver Surfer Or Even Beta Ray Bill And Hyperion For That Matter.

I definitely prefer sub. Mostly because dub in my country sucks LOL, but yeah. It's also how I'm used to, I've been watching subbed anime before I had two digits in my age. :p lol

I Prefer Both. But When An Anime Gets Released Dubbed And That Dub Turns Out Really Brilliant, Then I Guess I Prefer Dubs.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

@marvelman92: I enjoyed the Thousand more than One Small Break, but like I said, both entertaining.

Have you read the "Skin Deep" arc from ASM 515 to 518? A great story from the JMS run. I wish Marvel would bring back the new Molten Man introduced in those issues.

No. I Mean, I've Seen The Preview Of It. But, I Never Had The Chance To Fully Read The Issue. He Was The One Who Burned The Parker Family's House Down, Right? My God, That Guy Must've Been Pretty Amazing As A Villain Huh? Yeah, It'd Be Nice If That Guy Does Actually Come Back. Maybe That Guy Will Come After Legacy For A Little While And Play A Large Role With The Parker Family.

Also, What Do You Think Of The Villain, Tracer? I Thought He was A Pretty Interesting Villain. He Kept On Outsmarting Peter Even Figuring Out His Secret Identity. Though, I Don't Believe That Guy Would Come Back Anytime Soon, I Would Be Interested In Seeing What Else The Guy Would Do If They Actually Try Do Bring The Guy Back.

Tracer has a lot of potential, but most writers at Marvel right now wouldn't give him a chance. I love villains who can challenge the protagonist at a mental level (not just physical) and push their minds to the limit. Tracer could be a villain like this if he had more exposure.

Going back to Skin Deep: the interesting thing about Charlie Weinerman, the second Molten Man, is that he was bullied in high school alongside Peter. So it's a spin on the classic Spider-Man origin: a "nerd" gets powers, but instead of using them for good like Peter, he kills the guys who bullied him in school. I also liked how he pursued Peter (who he blamed for making him the Molten Man) on an emotional level, really tormenting him to his limits. Such a better Molten Man than Mark Raxton.

Yeah, Tracer Was Really Such An Interesting Villain. It's Actually A Real Shame They Haven't Brought Him Back since. The Guy Has So Much Potential To Be A Really Brilliant Spider-Man Villain Had He Had More Exposure. Really Hope They Decide To Bring The Guy Back Someday.

As For Charlie Weinerman, Sounds Like An Interesting And Compelling Villain. He Must REALLY Hate Peter Alot. I'll Give This Character A Try. Really Hope The Guy Comes Back Some Day. He'd Be Really Great For Some Potential Stories. Speaking Of Which, I Haven't Seen The Molten Man In Quite A While. Nor Any More Of The Other Spider-Man Villains. Mostly The Obscure Ones. Really Hope Any On Them Come Back. The Last Ones We Had Were Tarantula, Boomerang, Cyclone, White Rabbit, Walrus, Grizzly, Spot, And Speed Demon. And Most Of Them Are Either On A Different Team Or In Jail. I Really Would Like To See Characters Like Tarantula And Cyclone Make Their Return Once More.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ursaber

@amazingfantasy: Yeah sorry about the C2 part. I meant to say she was willing to die, not wasn't.

C2 wasn't willing to die in episode 15 of Code Geass R2

Should have been a was.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MarvelMan92

@ursaber said:

Eh, I Really Like Death Note. I Thought The Ending To That Series Was Really Fitting. I Mean, Light Really Felt Like He Was Becoming A God As He Outsmarted Everyone Who Actually Tried To Get In His Way As Well As Two People He Was Really Eager To Get Rid Of The Most(L And Near). He Was Very Egotistical About It At The Same Time. Though, As Plans Have Backfired On Him He Was Treated Like A Fool As He Was Being Shot By Some Nobody And Cried In The Puddle Of Blood Like A Whimpering Baby. He Was Feeling All Powerful And Then One Slip Up Costed Him Dearly. I Agree With What You Actually Said About Code Geass Though. That Anime Completely Succeeded What It Actually Sought Out To Do. Lelouch And Everyone Finally Had Everything They've Ever Wanted And The Conclusion Was Very Beautiful.......However, With Lelouch Revealed To Be Alive And Traveling With C.C. Nonetheless, You Can Tell That Something Or Some Things Are Really Gonna Go Down Between The Geass Mytholgy. I Wonder What Lelouch Has In Store For Himself Now. Would He Try To Bring Back Or Reunite Everyone Closest To Him? If He Really Is Gonna Reunite With Shirley, I Just Wonder How It's Gonna Turn Out Like. Will They Finally Be Together In The Afterlife Or Will He Resurrect Her And They'll Live Peacefully? Though, What Would Be Of C.C. If That Happens? I Really Hope To See What They Actually Have In Store For Us For Season 3 And I Really Cannot Wait To See What The Reboot Trilogy Would Be Like :) :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

@marvelman92: I enjoyed the Thousand more than One Small Break, but like I said, both entertaining.

Have you read the "Skin Deep" arc from ASM 515 to 518? A great story from the JMS run. I wish Marvel would bring back the new Molten Man introduced in those issues.

No. I Mean, I've Seen The Preview Of It. But, I Never Had The Chance To Fully Read The Issue. He Was The One Who Burned The Parker Family's House Down, Right? My God, That Guy Must've Been Pretty Amazing As A Villain Huh? Yeah, It'd Be Nice If That Guy Does Actually Come Back. Maybe That Guy Will Come After Legacy For A Little While And Play A Large Role With The Parker Family.

Also, What Do You Think Of The Villain, Tracer? I Thought He was A Pretty Interesting Villain. He Kept On Outsmarting Peter Even Figuring Out His Secret Identity. Though, I Don't Believe That Guy Would Come Back Anytime Soon, I Would Be Interested In Seeing What Else The Guy Would Do If They Actually Try Do Bring The Guy Back.

Tracer has a lot of potential, but most writers at Marvel right now wouldn't give him a chance. I love villains who can challenge the protagonist at a mental level (not just physical) and push their minds to the limit. Tracer could be a villain like this if he had more exposure.

Going back to Skin Deep: the interesting thing about Charlie Weinerman, the second Molten Man, is that he was bullied in high school alongside Peter. So it's a spin on the classic Spider-Man origin: a "nerd" gets powers, but instead of using them for good like Peter, he kills the guys who bullied him in school. I also liked how he pursued Peter (who he blamed for making him the Molten Man) on an emotional level, really tormenting him to his limits. Such a better Molten Man than Mark Raxton.

Yeah, Tracer Was Really Such An Interesting Villain. It's Actually A Real Shame They Haven't Brought Him Back since. The Guy Has So Much Potential To Be A Really Brilliant Spider-Man Villain Had He Had More Exposure. Really Hope They Decide To Bring The Guy Back Someday.

As For Charlie Weinerman, Sounds Like An Interesting And Compelling Villain. He Must REALLY Hate Peter Alot. I'll Give This Character A Try. Really Hope The Guy Comes Back Some Day. He'd Be Really Great For Some Potential Stories. Speaking Of Which, I Haven't Seen The Molten Man In Quite A While. Nor Any More Of The Other Spider-Man Villains. Mostly The Obscure Ones. Really Hope Any On Them Come Back. The Last Ones We Had Were Tarantula, Boomerang, Cyclone, White Rabbit, Walrus, Grizzly, Spot, And Speed Demon. And Most Of Them Are Either On A Different Team Or In Jail. I Really Would Like To See Characters Like Tarantula And Cyclone Make Their Return Once More.

Ever since BND and the Reign of Terror Slott, we haven't seen a lot of good obscure villains. Instead, they've been using new villains no one cares about (Paper Doll, Freak, Menace, etc.) or the same villains over and over again (Doc Ock and Jackal in Slott's case).

I loved Superior Foes of Spider-Man because it gave a chance for C-list villains (like the ones you listed) to get attention. Nick Spencer gets a lot of hate for Secret Empire, but before that he could actually write some fun comics. I would be okay if Marvel gave him ASM for a little bit, as long as he doesn't get political and respects Peter's maturity.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Ever since BND and the Reign of Terror Slott, we haven't seen a lot of good obscure villains. Instead, they've been using new villains no one cares about (Paper Doll, Freak, Menace, etc.) or the same villains over and over again (Doc Ock and Jackal in Slott's case).

I loved Superior Foes of Spider-Man because it gave a chance for C-list villains (like the ones you listed) to get attention. Nick Spencer gets a lot of hate for Secret Empire, but before that he could actually write some fun comics. I would be okay if Marvel gave him ASM for a little bit, as long as he doesn't get political and respects Peter's maturity.

Yeah, Eversince OMD And Superior, We Haven't Seen Much Of Spidey's Villains. The Only Ones We've Actually Seen Much Are Doctor Octopus, Jackal, Green Goblin(Norman Osborn), And Hobgoblin(Phil Urich And Roderick Kingsley). But, After Superior We Haven't Seen Much Of Roderick Nor Phil And The Only Ones We Have Seen Are The First Three. The Rest Like Rhino, Electro, And The Lizard Haven't Been Used Much Either. It's Actually Really Insane How The Only Spider-Man Villains We've Actually Seen Are Some Of Slott's Villains. None Of Them Good With The Exception Of Martin Li AKA Mister Negative. And Even He Hasn't Been Used Much Since Superior. And The Last Appearance We've Ever Seen From The Guy Was The Spiral Story Arc by Gerry Conway(You Should Read It BTW. It's REALLY Good). I Really Hope We Do Get Some Returns Of Spidey's Own Villains. MOST Of His Villains. Because Using Slott's Own Creations Under Him And Using Non Spidey Villains Is Pretty Ridiculous. Especially When They're Here To Make The Character Look Bad. And Not Just As A Superhero, Actually.

I Really Think That Spencer Has Some Brilliant Talent As A Writer. I've Seen Some Of His Superior Foes And It Looks Really Good And Enjoyed Some Of His Ant Man. So, If He Does Handle Spidey, Then I'm Actually All For Him Writing For The Guy. Just As Long He He Doesn't Go Overly Political In Some Areas And Makes The Character Look Like A Competent Mature And Resourceful Guy Rather Than A Blithering Idiot......Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Hope That He Actually Goes On The Former Rather Than The Latter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Yeah, Eversince OMD And Superior, We Haven't Seen Much Of Spidey's Villains. The Only Ones We've Actually Seen Much Are Doctor Octopus, Jackal, Green Goblin(Norman Osborn), And Hobgoblin(Phil Urich And Roderick Kingsley). But, After Superior We Haven't Seen Much Of Roderick Nor Phil And The Only Ones We Have Seen Are The First Three. The Rest Like Rhino, Electro, And The Lizard Haven't Been Used Much Either. It's Actually Really Insane How The Only Spider-Man Villains We've Actually Seen Are Some Of Slott's Villains. None Of Them Good With The Exception Of Martin Li AKA Mister Negative. And Even He Hasn't Been Used Much Since Superior. And The Last Appearance We've Ever Seen From The Guy Was The Spiral Story Arc by Gerry Conway(You Should Read It BTW. It's REALLY Good). I Really Hope We Do Get Some Returns Of Spidey's Own Villains. MOST Of His Villains. Because Using Slott's Own Creations Under Him And Using Non Spidey Villains Is Pretty Ridiculous. Especially When They're Here To Make The Character Look Bad. And Not Just As A Superhero, Actually.

I Really Think That Spencer Has Some Brilliant Talent As A Writer. I've Seen Some Of His Superior Foes And It Looks Really Good And Enjoyed Some Of His Ant Man. So, If He Does Handle Spidey, Then I'm Actually All For Him Writing For The Guy. Just As Long He He Doesn't Go Overly Political In Some Areas And Makes The Character Look Like A Competent Mature And Resourceful Guy Rather Than A Blithering Idiot......Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Hope That He Actually Goes On The Former Rather Than The Latter.

I feel the same way about Nick Spencer that I feel about Bendis. Both writers have made some truly terrible comics in the last few years, but that doesn't mean they can't write something really good when they find their strengths. I hate most of Bendis' new comics (Riri Williams coming to mind), but that doesn't mean I didn't love his original Ultimate Spider-Man run. Street-level characters are his strong suit, just like humor is Nick Spencer's strong suit. And because of that, I think Spencer could write a really good Spider-Man.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

I feel the same way about Nick Spencer that I feel about Bendis. Both writers have made some truly terrible comics in the last few years, but that doesn't mean they can't write something really good when they find their strengths. I hate most of Bendis' new comics (Riri Williams coming to mind), but that doesn't mean I didn't love his original Ultimate Spider-Man run. Street-level characters are his strong suit, just like humor is Nick Spencer's strong suit. And because of that, I think Spencer could write a really good Spider-Man.

I Really Think That Bendis Does Some Strong Works On Some Street Level Stuff. Though, He Does Some Good Works On A Few Supernatural/Sci Fi Titles Like The Illuminati And The Recent Infamous Iron Man. I Also Like Some Of His Avengers Works.

Nick Spencer Also Does Some Good Works On some Serious Stuff Like His Morning Glories Series And His First Run On Captain America. It's Just That He's Actually Really Forceful On Some Serious Stuff When It Actually Concerns Politics. Nick Spencer Can Do Some Really Hilarious Stuff That I'd Really Like To See In His Spider-Man Series. Though, I'd Really Like To See Some Drama From Him As Well. That Is, If He Doesn't Go Too Overboard With It.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else here read Invincible?

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Have. It's A Really Brilliant Series With So Much Great Characters, Interesting Take On Science Fiction, Incredible Tension In The Actions, And An Interesting Take On The Mythos. Plus The Chemistry Between The Two Leads Is Actually Really Good Especially When They Go To Another Planet :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:

I Have. It's A Really Brilliant Series With So Much Great Characters, Interesting Take On Science Fiction, Incredible Tension In The Actions, And An Interesting Take On The Mythos. Plus The Chemistry Between The Two Leads Is Actually Really Good Especially When They Go To Another Planet :)

I love Invincible. I've only read up to issue 121, but it's a great story with a lot of memorable characters. Mark and Eve are an awesome couple.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

I love Invincible. I've only read up to issue 121, but it's a great story with a lot of memorable characters. Mark and Eve are an awesome couple.

Indeed. It's A Really Great Series. You Know, I Always Wanted Them To Make Like A TV Series But More Animated Since It Could Actually Be Impossible To Handle The Series In Live Action With The Amount Of Budget. But, A Film Series Would Do. I Just Wonder How They're Gonna Tell The Stories In A Possibly 2 And A Half Hour Film. Also Who Do You Want As Mark Grayson, Eve, And All Of The Other Characters?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Indeed. It's A Really Great Series. You Know, I Always Wanted Them To Make Like A TV Series But More Animated Since It Could Actually Be Impossible To Handle The Series In Live Action With The Amount Of Budget. But, A Film Series Would Do. I Just Wonder How They're Gonna Tell The Stories In A Possibly 2 And A Half Hour Film. Also Who Do You Want As Mark Grayson, Eve, And All Of The Other Characters?

I'm horrible at casting, to be honest. Hopefully an actor to play Mark who's committed to the role and will stick around for a while. I always liked how the characters in Invincible aged realistically, and I would like to see Mark grow from a teenager to a married adult with a kid in the movies as well. I agree: Invincible would be suited so much better on a TV show or animated show, where they have dozens of hours to work out the story lines from the comics and the actors aren't restricted as much with contracts like they are in movies.

I hope the studio balances out character drama and development with the insane moments from the comics. Invincible really stood out without the restrictions of over-bearing editors, always managed to surprise me with gory scenes or twists.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MarvelMan92

@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

I'm horrible at casting, to be honest. Hopefully an actor to play Mark who's committed to the role and will stick around for a while. I always liked how the characters in Invincible aged realistically, and I would like to see Mark grow from a teenager to a married adult with a kid in the movies as well. I agree: Invincible would be suited so much better on a TV show or animated show, where they have dozens of hours to work out the story lines from the comics and the actors aren't restricted as much with contracts like they are in movies.

I hope the studio balances out character drama and development with the insane moments from the comics. Invincible really stood out without the restrictions of over-bearing editors, always managed to surprise me with gory scenes or twists.

Indeed. Invincible Has The Most Surprising Moments When It Comes To Gore. I Mean, You Have The Characters Being Torn Apart, Decapitated, Squished, Slammed, Ripped Up, Squashed, Sliced, Dissected, Squashed, Blown Up, Torn Through, Impaled, Punched Clean Off, Etc. It Was Really Amazing How Much Tension There Have Been With The Number Of Gore They've Received. It Actually Makes Things More Suspenceful. I Mean, There Are Times Where A Character Doesn't Even Survive An Attack And The Next Thing You'll Know They're Either Brought Back By Some Magical And Scientific Force And Others Where They Are Sewn Back Together. They Even Have Some Cybernetic Limbs To Go With That. With How Things Are With This Series, I'm Actually Surprised And Amazed How Most Of Them Are Even Alive.

And I Actually Agree That This Series Would've Worked Better As A TV Series At Least In Animated Form Since You Can Tell Some More Stories With Some The Characters' Developments, Relationships, Drama, And Mythology. You Could Also Put Some More Excitement To Them. An Invincible Animated Series Would've Been So Incredibly Nice To See. But, I'm Actually Curious What They're Gonna Do With It On Movie Form. Hope To Here More News On It Soon. Hope For A Teaser Trailer As Well :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Indeed. Invincible Has The Most Surprising Moments When It Comes To Gore. I Mean, You Have The Characters Being Torn Apart, Decapitated, Squished, Slammed, Ripped Up, Squashed, Sliced, Dissected, Squashed, Blown Up, Torn Through, Impaled, Punched Clean Off, Etc. It Was Really Amazing How Much Tension There Have Been With The Number Of Gore They've Received. It Actually Makes Things More Suspenceful. I Mean, There Are Times Where A Character Doesn't Even Survive An Attack And The Next Thing You'll Know They're Either Brought Back By Some Magical And Scientific Force And Others Where They Are Sewn Back Together. They Even Have Some Cybernetic Limbs To Go With That. With How Things Are With This Series, I'm Actually Surprised And Amazed How Most Of Them Are Even Alive.

And I Actually Agree That This Series Would've Worked Better As A TV Series At Least In Animated Form Since You Can Tell Some More Stories With Some The Characters' Developments, Relationships, Drama, And Mythology. You Could Also Put Some More Excitement To Them. An Invincible Animated Series Would've Been So Incredibly Nice To See. But, I'm Actually Curious What They're Gonna Do With It On Movie Form. Hope To Here More News On It Soon. Hope For A Teaser Trailer As Well :)

Maybe at SDCC! Looking forward to a lot of things from Comic-Con this year, hope it doesn't disappoint.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:
@marvelman92 said:
@scott_summers52 said:

Maybe at SDCC! Looking forward to a lot of things from Comic-Con this year, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Yeah, Hope To See That Teaser And Other Information There.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice thread

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thread

Feel free to state whatever casual topic you like.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well, besides Spidey, I love Thor as you can see by my username lol, I love rock & roll and my favorite band is Guns N´ Roses.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEESH!!!!!!!!! I Always Read Some Of Their Issues On The Series Back In The Day, Now, I Look At Other Series Mostly On Marvel, Image, And Possibly IDW Or Even Dynamite. What Happened Between The Two Companies? I Whatever It Is, I Wonder If The Two Would Actually Get Back Together Again. I Also Wonder What Other Companies Would Sega Partner Up With This Time? Image? IDW? Boom Studios? Dynamite? Skybound? Whatever It Is, I Wonder If It Would Actually Good For Sega. Sad To See Them And Archie Split Up After So Long. I Wonder If The Two Would Eventually Work Something Out And Go Back Together Again. Though, We Actually Have To See What Sega Would Be Up To Now And Where They Are Gonna Take This Series. Hope It's Actually Good For Them Though.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Chester Bennington

Loading Video...

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MarvelMan92

R.I.P. Man. It's really sad. I actually listened to a couple of his songs for years like way back and they were actually incredibly phenomenal. I really loved his musics like Breaking The Habit, Close To Something Real, Crawling In My Skin, Faint, Hands Held High, Bleed It Out, Phenomenom, Irredescent, 21 Guns, and possibly a couple more others. That guy and his band were a blast to listen to and actually became one of my favorite bands of all time. It's quite a shame for their loss. That guy honestly seems like a pretty great guy. It's really sad to hear what happened to him. My condolences goes out to his friends and family as well as my thoughts on prayers. I really hope they actually pull through from this. R.I.P. Chester Bennington. You have actually brought one heckavuh ride to us all. It's really sad to find out what has happened to you for possibly so long. May you R.I.P. , man

Loading Video...

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By jb681131

@marvelman92: @zariusii: I don't know how he lived. Probably drugs and alcohol, for constantly being on the move for shows. Also one of his best friend and singer (of Audioslave) died by suicide just a year ago. But in my opinion, people that comit suicide are weak persons. Anyhow the band seemed to be doing well. I don't really understand his move. He must've been sad inside him. I guess showbuisiness is tough.

Aside from that I just finished reading, Spider-Man epic collection: Kraven's Last Hunt

• Man of the Year (The Iron Man of 2020 !) - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #20
  • Spider-Man vs. Wolverine - Spider-Man Versus Wolverine - Prequel to The Hobgoblin Revealed and Mask
  • The Hobgoblin Revealed! - Amazing Spider-Man #289
  • Mask - Web of Spider-Man #29-30
  • The Big Question - Amazing Spider-Man #290-292 - prequel to The Wedding
  • The Wedding - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21
  • Kraven's Last Hunt - Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132, Amazing Spider-Man #293-294, Web of Spider-Man #31-32
  • The Weding of the Year exclusive - The Official Marvel News Magazin: Marvel Age #54 - also reprints the Newspaper Strip Wedding.

It's a great read but It's got a few missing issues:

• The Big Question refers a lot to annual #19 with the first encounter of Spencer Smythe.
  • In Kraven's Last Hunt, Vermin often refers to his previous defeat with Spider-Man and Captain America: guessing it's Marvel Team-up #128
  • In The Wedding it is also mentionned their honeymoon in France that is told in Peter Paker, The Spectacular Spider-Man annual #7

They could have at least included the annual of the Honeymoon ! That's disapointing.

But they did include Marvel Age #54 which reprints The Newspaper version of the Wedding.

I wonder what the real goal of the Epic Collections are. Because they do reprint all arcs of the main title in chronological order, but why don't they also print arcs from other titles ?? Only a few issues when there's a crossover. Or maybe one day they will also have Epic books ?

ps: all posts here should have a link to the forum it's in ! Meaning Spider-Man. Otherwise why not use the other forums meant for it or the already existing threads !?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@marvelman92: @zariusii: I don't know how he lived. Probably drugs and alcohol, for constantly being on the move for shows. Also one of his best friend and singer (of Audioslave) died by suicide just a year ago. But in my opinion, people that comit suicide are weak persons. Anyhow the band seemed to be doing well. I don't really understand his move. He must've been sad inside him. I guess show business is tough.

Wow, whilst I respect your right to have an opinion, it's clearly one made in ignorance. People who commit suicide come from all walks of life and suffer from terrible internal conflict. We can't judge what is going on within a person in that last fatal moment. Depression is a disease, a sickness that can affect anyone, not just people in show business doing drugs and alcohol. That is such an uneducated and narrow minded view.

Two years ago, a close friend of mine who lived a clean healthy life, had never touched drugs or alcohol, had a great successful job in IT, and was happily married, finally succumbed to very deep depression and eventually he took his own life. Doctors and counsellors that I spoke to in order for me to make sense of why my friend had done what he did, said that due to the depression, he would not have been in the right state of mind, nor in control of his actions, being unable to make a logical decision. It is sad and I'm not condoning it, but depression is a disease and people die from all manner of diseases everyday.

Just to be clear, my friend was free of depression for many years after receiving treatment in his teen years, but when it struck him a second time later in life it was much more debilitating. He was only 43 and not a weak person.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@marvelman92: @zariusii: I don't know how he lived. Probably drugs and alcohol, for constantly being on the move for shows. Also one of his best friend and singer (of Audioslave) died by suicide just a year ago. But in my opinion, people that comit suicide are weak persons. Anyhow the band seemed to be doing well. I don't really understand his move. He must've been sad inside him. I guess show business is tough.

Wow, whilst I respect your right to have an opinion, it's clearly one made in ignorance. People who commit suicide come from all walks of life and suffer from terrible internal conflict. We can't judge what is going on within a person in that last fatal moment. Depression is a disease, a sickness that can affect anyone, not just people in show business doing drugs and alcohol. That is such an uneducated and narrow minded view.

Two years ago, a close friend of mine who lived a clean healthy life, had never touched drugs or alcohol, had a great successful job in IT, and was happily married, finally succumbed to very deep depression and eventually he took his own life. Doctors and counsellors that I spoke to in order for me to make sense of why my friend had done what he did, said that due to the depression, he would not have been in the right state of mind, nor in control of his actions, being unable to make a logical decision. It is sad and I'm not condoning it, but depression is a disease and people die from all manner of diseases everyday.

Just to be clear, my friend was free of depression for many years after receiving treatment in his teen years, but when it struck him a second time later in life it was much more debilitating. He was only 43 and not a weak person.

I used to heavily watch a reviewer on channel awesome known as Jewario. He was married and was kinda making a living by doing his reviews. He also suffered severe depression and took his own life. Depression is a struggle for many and its tough. It sucks for those it leaves behind as well. I miss that guy, I miss many people who have taken their own life, as we all do.

...but enough doom and gloom i suppose. I cant constantly place sadness upon this place.

So I have been playing Persona 5 and its great, but I have found out Atlus went over the top on restricting it for viewing. I live far away from friends so i wanted to share visuals of it to my friend who is across the country. Sadly, ATLUS made it forbidden to do so. This sucks cause we would constantly play P4 together and we were hoping to have something nostalgic to that. Still, the game is incredible and has alotta fun missions and charcaters. It's taking peices from most of the franchise too, even the original 2 games