Should Spider-Man crossover with the MCU Netflix?

Lucia_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I just got done seeing Homecoming a couple days ago, and firstly, loved it! Had some flaws (all movies do), but it is now easily my 2nd or 3rd favorite Spider-Mann film. I felt it brought a less monotonous tone to the universe, and it gave a different feeling than their last few films. And that leads me to the question at hand.

SPOILERS, but not terribly big

At the end of the film, Peter tells Tony that he would better not as an Avenger, but rather as a lay low, friendly neighborhood Spider-man, a hero for the little guys. It's a pretty nice moment, and Stark even says it feels like a legit mature moment for him. But to me, this also gave me an idea.

This scene got me thinking that Spider-Man's going to be interacting on a street level scale. Right after the film, I began to think, maybe he could interact with some of the Netflix heroes.

So the question is, Should he crossover with them, should it be film or netflix, and if so, with who should he crossover with? I personally envision a Daredevil/Punisher crossover revolving around the Kingpin, and frankly I feel it would work with whatever. Film for a bigger budget and action, TV for a more street level feel.

Discuss!

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, I would love to see a crossover for some Netflix stuff, especially Daredevil and Punisher.

For starters, the head cast of Daredevil wants this to happen. Charlie Cox has enthusiastically said wants to team up with Tom Holland because of Matt's and Peter's longtime friendship. He even talked about one of his favorite comics with their friendship. And one needs to recall, Matt Murdock is the first person Peter had ever willingly exposed his heroic identity to. It cemented their friendship.

Now Punisher would be fun to see as well. Not only did Frank Castle start as a Spidey villain, but Tom and John Bernthal practiced gaining their Marvel acting parts by practicing lines on each other. Since they know how to work together, it would be super fun to see the two team up or go head to head.

Lastly, Kingpin was originally a villain of Spidey's so it would be really nice to see the two go head to head. ALso, Peter's presence in Netflix shows would help showcase the two worlds do interact with eachother.

Sadly, I dunno if this will happen because of clashes between Marvel Comics and the MCU

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would die with joy if Spider-Man and Punisher's original fight was ever replicated on screen with Jon Bernthal anticipating his movements and shooting out the web shooters.

Lucia_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @itsaworld:

I had no idea that Jon and Tom had practiced with one another, that's awesome.

Would you guys see this going down on Netflix, or on the Silver Screen?

Lucia_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Netflix is too dark for Spiderman. He is like 15. Definitely could not see him hanging with Frank. Maybe Danny because he is basically mentally 15 as well, or Matt.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @itsaworld:

I had no idea that Jon and Tom had practiced with one another, that's awesome.

Would you guys see this going down on Netflix, or on the Silver Screen?

Netflix. Silver screen would take far longer to film and the actors for the netflix shows have to produce a show. Not to mention that Spidey can just show up for a few episodes before vanishing without too much worry. Then again, it depends on teh plot of film if dont for film or the plot for the tv show

StrongTower7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree with @itsaworld! I personally would love to see Spidey in a scene with innumerable enemies. I could see some 300-type combat going down where Daredevil and Spidey just wipe out dozens of enemies like a boss. If Daredevil happens to do anything in Queens, too, that would be dope if Pete could show up and lend a helping hand.

Shin_Leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shin_Leviathan
@strongtower7 said:

Totally agree with @itsaworld! I personally would love to see Spidey in a scene with innumerable enemies. I could see some 300-type combat going down where Daredevil and Spidey just wipe out dozens of enemies like a boss. If Daredevil happens to do anything in Queens, too, that would be dope if Pete could show up and lend a helping hand.

^

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually think Spiderman should have his own Netflix series, kind of really showing the neighborhood Spiderman in between the big movies. I think for what Spiderman does... it could translate just fine to TV be it Netflix or ABC.

Shin_Leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: But it would need one heck of a budget.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@shin_leviathan: Maybe... but really no bigger budget than Agents of Shield or the CW shows or that show Halle Berry did on network tv. Spiderman swinging from building to building shouldn't be a huge budget issue

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6b96ebe02a9
deactivated-5a6b96ebe02a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think it's more likely they'll crossover into the movies rather than Spidey showing up in Daredevil Series 3 or elsewhere. Personally I'm kinda expecting Matt Murdock to cameo in the next Spidey movie but what I'm really hoping is that Kingpin will get to be a villain in a future Spider-Man movie and he'll team up with Daredevil to bring him down for good. Though they might avoid something like that given how dark the Netflix shows are in contrast to the films and even Agents of SHEILD.

Shin_Leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...I guess this isn't going to happen anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Nah, there's tons of crossovers I'd take over this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's 2 op for Netflix