• 138 results
nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By nappystr8

This was the same thing I thought when I read #699.

spinningwebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By spinningwebs

G-Man have you been using Ock's tech to read my mind? Cause this is what I've been saying.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#53  Edited By Trodorne

@Tony_Shark said:

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I dont want peter back!

Me either.

This is why I love the Ultimate universe: Big changes give real consequences. Big changes shake the way everything used to be. They only move forward.

I second this

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DEGRAAF

This is so close to how i have been thinking of it. Did they really switch if neither lost anything in the process but instead only gain more knowledge, experience, etc.? I think either

A.) they are both in Peters body

or

B.) Like the story said Peter has been rewritten and confused

I would kind of like to see the first one only because its more plausible that Ock died and if Norman really did take the corpse (dont know why he would, idk how close Ock and Norman were) i see the end result being Otto forgetting everything he knew about Peter and his real relationship to Spiderman as well as ending up in a new body. All of Spidey's villains have been getting upgrades which is hard to do to someone who's main appearance is grafted to him. So the next best thing to do is replace his current body with another one (possibly a clone of Peter Parker with new mechanical limbs or something)

fragmentmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By fragmentmind

I would really love it if Peter and Otto merge personalities and become ONE entity with Peter being the dominant one, but still uses Otto's brain for tech and stuff.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56  Edited By kennybaese

I definitely see Peter's personality re-asserting itself as the way that they bring him back. Ignoring the theoretical existence of the soul, who a person is is defined by their memories. If Otto has all of Peter's memories and his own and Peter's memories are powerful enough to push Otto toward being a hero, there's no reason they couldn't overpower Otto's personality altogether.

Either way, I like the change so far, but then I'm generally a fan of stories that take established ideas and do something crazy with them, so I might be in the minority.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dedpool

Already being teased! http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=72378

ComicFan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ComicFan93

Of course they're bringing Peter back. Too many fans are cancelling their subscriptions. Marvel may have made a lot of money with Amazing Spide-Man #700, but it's gonna lose a LOT more with Superior Spider-Man.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tony_Shark

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I dont want peter back!

Me either.

This is why I love the Ultimate universe: Big changes give real consequences. Big changes shake the way everything used to be. They only move forward.

Except that those big changes only ever screw over good characters.

So what?

Life isn't perfect. Captain America died, Stark lost most of his mind at one point, etc.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#60  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@G-Man said:

Ock never left his body and Peter was never forced to reside in Ock's. What about their actions, thoughts and speech? We know they possess each other's memories. Peter was able to see Ock's full life and vice versa. Ock's plan to switch bodies could have failed but resulted in only each other's memories being forced into the minds of the other. This massive invasion could have taken dominance in both, making them think they actually were the other person in another body. In other words, Doc Ock could have thought his plan worked and now he was really Peter Parker in Ock's body and Spider-Man now thinks he's Ock in his body. That might be a little confusing but just think about it.

When Ock's body died, it could have simply been Ock that did actually die. Only he thought he was Peter Parker, trying to switch bodies. The current SUPERIOR Spider-Man could still really be Spider-Man, only under the influence of Ock's memories, making him think he's Ock in the Parker body. At some point, these memories could be sorted out and SUPERIOR Spider-Man could realize he's not actually Ock at all. He's always been Peter Parker.

One simplified way to think about it is when a person is intoxicated. We hear about people doing things when influenced by alcohol that they normally wouldn't. Peter Parker could be drunk on Doc Ock. He could be influenced by those memories that were shoved into his brain which is making him think he's really Ock in his own body. At some point this will wear off or an expert will come in and help Peter sort out who he really is. That way, "Peter Parker" never died at all. Doc Ock didn't necessarily win. Any intimate relations between Peter and Mary Jane would have nothing to do with Octavius (and everyone can STOP bringing that up).

The fact is, Octavius REWROTE Peter's brain with his brain patterns and vice versa. This doesn't mean they actually SWITCHED bodies (like Freaky Friday).

Finally! G-Man says what I've been thinking all this time! This actually makes a lot of sense!

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Overlander

Loved it! This really nails what I've been thinking and feeling around the story.

A person is more than just their memories. There is a soul in the body and that doesn't budge for science...not even Octavius science. While I've tried to give Dan Slott a healthy dose of suspended disbelief, it still rings hollow. But your angle makes it work, whether that is the arc this takes or not.

Thanks Tony!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Tony_Shark said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I dont want peter back!

Me either.

So what?

Life isn't perfect. Captain America died, Stark lost most of his mind at one point, etc.

At one point. And that would actually make sense. 

The Ultimate Universe's best character (Reed Richards) was turned evil for absolutely no reason. Writer incompetence strikes again.
Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63  Edited By Ganthetsward20

@FadeToBlackBolt: Well guys, the + is that Dan Slott is still writing this so its planned out, right? My one big concern is that they just lost readership cause I'm not a huge Peter Parker fan and now that it was Otto in his head and Pete was dead I was all " THIS IS SO FREAKING COOL AND ORIGINAL" I was really enjoying the issue and sure i was thinking "man ottot is a douche" but i was expecting that to change over the course of time. Thats his problem in this story. He's got to learn to throw out his old ways and act like the good guy. But not like Peter Parker. Then I got to the end and decided maybe i wont be picking up any more supierior spider-man

Avatar image for mp_simonwilliams
MP_SimonWilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MP_SimonWilliams

Here's my prediction on the inevitable and very lame conclusion to this storyline........around issue No. 14 or 15 or so, of Superior Spider-Man, Octavious Spider-Man will a very brief dream where Peter Parker haunts him. These dreams gradually become more intense and repeat/re-occur with regularity as the subsequent issues unfold.......where it begins to slowly reveal that Peter's buried subsconsious is trapped deep within his mind and his mind is fighting its way back to the surface......

At the end of issue No. 24 of Superior Spider-Man, Otto inexplicably drops over and falls into a sudden coma. The issue ends with a cliffhanger of subconscious imagery showing Otto Octavious and Peter Parker squaring off face-to-face on a battlefield of dream clouds -- both dressed in Spider-Man outfits......with Spidey suits-on, but masks off.....and of course, the Otto Spider-Man has his old Otto head and octopus arms on a Spider-Man body....the subconscious Peter has both fists clenched and screams, "You've stolen everything that's ever belonged to me, Octopus....and now I'm reclaiming what's mine......once and for all!" (Issue ends on that note.....)

In the special, and much-hyped No. 25"Anniversary Issue" of Superior Spider-Man ---- it features an all-out subconscious "mental" fist fight between Octopus Spider-Man and Peter Parker......a climactic subconscious battle that Parker wins and re-assumes the mantel of Spider-Man. Otto is now supposedly dead for real, and Spider-Man wakes from his coma. Peter has lot's of explaining to do and damage repair for all his odd behavior the last two years (caused by Otto Spider-Man). Fans rejoice that Peter is back after a two-year absence and a revitalized Spider-Man returns to his wise-cracking ways. Fine'.

Take that to the bank, folks. Lame......

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65  Edited By Mediumflyer7

A part of peters mind is still in his body so I bet he will gradually take back over control of his brain in like 20 issues or something.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kid Apollo

hahah i was totaly thinkin that Ock in Pete's body and him doing things Ock-style was like being being under the influence of booze (i work in a liquor store in the downtown core so its something i see quite often). then BOOM you mention it.

i know im gonna get lynched for this but theres quite a similarity between Pete being pushed by Ock's memories to go harder/edgier and Cyclops being pushed by the Phoenix Force to kill Professor X. you have to wonder how much of it is the core personality and how much of it is instilled by the new personality. of course thats all based on the theory of Ock's memories over influencing Peter.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By millennium

thats one way of doing it but im going to say let the JACKAL bring peter back shit out of all of spidermans villians he would be the only one to tell that its otto in their and not peter

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#68  Edited By wmwadeii

I'm one to believe that since if it is Otto with Peter's memories, it will only take a resident mutant psychic to block/erase the Otto portion leaving only Pete's memories.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By Mucklefluga

Peter Parker could be drunk on Doc Ock.

One of the best sentences i have ever read ;D

AranhaMarcial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AranhaMarcial

My god ... and there are people who still buy it. I can not imagine how a person would agree with this NORMAL GARBAGE history of slot machine ridiculous like that spiderman is tolerated ...

My god ...

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By MadRooster81

This also would make the ending to Superior Spider-Man make more sense. I like this theory. Whatever happens, this is going to make for a good story.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By Pyrogram

@G-Man: That was a... VERY good read 0_0

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Loki2u

I was on board with the new changes until I read this article and realized how silly this all sounds.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Spideycap

This is what comics should be. Fun, meaningful, thought provoking. I'm in for the ride.

AranhaMarcial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AranhaMarcial

Fresh News a preview of The Superior # 2 Spider-Man in Marvel,and cry or laugh too fucking.

In Superior Spider-man # 2! See the debut of Spider-Signal!!

When I saw these images of The Superior # 2, almost fell of the chair. I was wondering if it was some story like "time tunnel", the famous DC Comics Elseworlds. Dan Slott had spoken in his desire to write stories of Spider, is inspiring the adventures of Batman. But I never thought he would take it so literally so! Now we have a SPIDER-SIGN and we even have a Commissioner Gordon, personified in the figure of prefeto JJ Jameson! Seriously, I almost thought about leaving Marvete to be after that ... In addition to transforming his identity secret in Casper, now we will have another Batman title, now in MARVEL! Now, only fault has originality to create a nemesis called Joker Goblin.

Let abstracting it to be able to say that issues # 2 and # 3 show Ock Spider-faced his former colleagues of the Sinister Six, one of the first members he will face will be the VULTURE. And it will help the mayor Jameson, very pleased with his attitude to face the Scorpio, something that happened in issue # 1. Meanwhile, Carlie Cooper stunned discovers that Spider-Man is actually DOCTOR OCTOPUS!!

Follow it all in two weeks at The Superior Bat-spider # 2!

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@AranhaMarcial: That toe hits me in the eye...it's so superior...

soir8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By soir8

@AranhaMarcial: 2 things;

1. Wuh?

2. SPOILERS DAMMIT

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Xorion

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I dont want peter back!

yeah when spiderman starteing to get interesting they wanna bring him back? How wonderfull

@AranhaMarcial: when you think there can't be anymore bat books

Havik86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Havik86

This whole storyline reminds me a little too much of every arc featuring the Chameleon. He takes over Peter/Spider-Man's identity, traps Peter/Spider-Man who eventually breaks out, Peter/Spider-Man defeats the Chameleon, then puts the pieces of his life back together. I don't really see how different this is going to be except that it might go on for more than 4 or 5 issues lol.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By Mbecks14

I'm guessing Peter's memories will start becoming stronger until they totally re-write Doc Ock's personallity and he just really is Peter Parker again.

As long as they don't make more deals with the devil...

nrgb2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By nrgb2814

I'd like to see an epic battle of the minds, myself.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Earth616

Seriously guys, if you don't want to read about Peter anymore, then stop reading Spider-Man! Or just read ultimate Spider-Man, cause he's dead there! The rest of us are eagerly awaiting his return!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Earth616 said:

Seriously guys, if you don't want to read about Peter anymore, then stop reading Spider-Man! Or just read ultimate Spider-Man, cause he's dead there! The rest of us are eagerly awaiting his return!

I agree with you, there is much whining on the site these days on different series. It is simple don't like it don't read it, the other thing is a waste of tme and money.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I'm not sure if its my impatience or all the people talking about how they hate the idea constantly or me just not sure about the concept but I am wondering if this is going to be a story I would prefer to read as a collected book instead of issue by issue. Should I wait and get this as a trade after a year? I probably wont, but I just want to know what happens already maybe. Plus I am sick of constant complaining about the comic too.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By sentryman555

my big problem with your theory of Peter not really being dead and just having his mind just re-written is we saw Peter going to heaven, or whatever it was, in the final issue of amazing spiderman. When he met Gwen and everyone else. If his mind was just being messed with that scene makes no real sense to me.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#86  Edited By RedOwl_1

It's a cool theory but I found it improvable...

As for Superior Spider-Man, I liked it more than I thought (I actually loved it), it really overcame my expectations in the first issue.... I'm impressed :I

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By telepathic666

just use magic

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By mattwing87

Kind of reminds me of Heroes where Sylar was inside Matt's mind and later Sylar was forced to look like and think he was Nathan Petrelli which end up failing of course. So Peter could still be in his body but thinks he is Doc Ock and eventually his mind will push through and he will be back just like Sylar did.

infectedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By infectedhero

good point.

ComicCrusaders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ComicCrusaders

The soul particle gun, which appeared in Amazing #700 is what WILL be used to return Peter back to his body, I base that on how Superior 1 ended.

CrashLanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By CrashLanden

I had the same theory, Tony, and at some point I expect Peter Parker and the Otto imprint to have one of those mental wrestling matches where Peter regains control (I hate those... It's as interesting as watching a villain try to convert the populace into lizards or mutants). I figured this is all (yet another) story where they're trying to show that's it's Peter Parker's character/unselfishness/moral fiber that makes him a hero and not the sooper dooper powers. Otto's persona will wreck things for a while, so that Pete can regain control and prove that he is in fact the.. ahem... 'Superior' Spider-Man. If that isn't the point of the story, I will have even less faith in the writers at Marvel than I already do. And 'Superior' Spider-Man.... What a pompous jerktified adjective for a super hero title. Bring back 'Amazing' please.

As for what I really think, though... The only stories with less imagination than super heroes who are being mind-controlled/going rogue/swapping bodies with their nemesis are stories that involve clones, losing control of their powers or parallel universe stories. Surely Marvel can find writers that can spark more interest without gimmicks.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jorgevy

I actually had ran these scenarios through my head, these are pretty obvious backdoors in case they need to or will eventually get back to Pete in Spidey's body. still, cool reading this and seeing other people thought about it and I guess we have to wait and see

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Tony_Shark

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@Ganthetsward20 said:

I dont want peter back!

Me either.

So what?

At one point. And that would actually make sense. The Ultimate Universe's best character (Reed Richards) was turned evil for absolutely no reason. Writer incompetence strikes again.

I have not read why he was evil, but he was a pretty great villain. I still liked him afterwards. The same happened with Black Widow (though she was always evil), and Pietro went crazy after Wanda's death. That's what I love about that universe though. The writers STICK with their changes.

I'm pretty sure they are hinting that Ult. Cap and Ult. Tony are heading to a conflict. Cap doesn't trust Anthony (the tumor), and Tony might be going crazy? I don't know. We'll see where things lead.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By GenghisJohn

I think its a bit telling that after the first issue someone writes an article about how they can get out of the whole arc. I read the issue and I wasn't digging it

naylor11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By naylor11

This is probably exactly what happened. It's the only thing I can think of that would make the return of the real Peter make sense without bringing in some strange supernatural force. Spider-man usually, not always but usually, deals in science and not supernatural so I don't think they'd want to go that route. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Peter thought he was someone else. Like in the Clone Saga

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#96  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I hate this so much, Peter needs to come back that's like joker stealing batman's brain and it redeeming him so he becomes the invisible knight vowing to be better than batman

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Casshern

With all the Marvel Now and psychic mutants running around...how can this trip last anyways?

One scan from One mind reader or Wizard or Demon and everyone will know that its a mind switch or a mind glitch.

This secret won't last long...so what'll happen to the series?....50 books?....20 books?...hmmm?

OF COURSE we did leave ONE IDEA OUT....Take DNA from the Dead DOC's brain which is Peter and give it to Venom!

The alien entity can create legs...so it can create a whole body! This would be one way to continue Superior Spiderman.

TheComicMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheComicMan99

This reminds me of a scene in DKR, when Ra's is talking to Bruce in DKR, he says "There is more than one way to be immortal." This made me think. I believed this meant that though Ra's himself was dead, he live on in Batman's mind, as he would never forget Ra's, and his crusade against Gotham. A similar thing might happen in Superior SM, like G-Man said, this could just be Peter with Ock's memories. What i am saying though is that the real Doc Ock might be dead, and that his memories are just influencing Peter heavily, making himself live on as himself, but taking over Peter's conscience to do so. I still don't like him being Spider Man, so i won't read this, but if what G-Man says does happen, i might pick it up.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99  Edited By fodigg

My theory is that Peter's patterns are still stored in various pieces of doc ock's tech, such as his semi-sentient arms and octobots, and they start to show signs of Parker-dom. Eventually "Otto Parker" redeems himself by switching back with Pete.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By comicace3

Verrry good explanation G-man I see you have put allot of thought into this and it probably paid off. I would bet anything you're right. But somehow I believe peter's mind is in doc oc's tech and he is waiting for the right time to strike.