• 51 results
Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ascended

The Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Andrew Garfield has been offered a multi-million dollar deal to continue playing the role of Spider-Man through 2020, according to The Daily Star.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/19/andrew-garfield-reportedly-offered-multi-million-dollar-deal-to-play-spider-man-through-2020/

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

He's 30 now,so in 2020 he'll be 36 ........okay.......i really hope they move him from the college state.Cuz this is gonna get creepy.

Also it's really weird,cuz he said himself that he doesn't want to benefit from the opportunity and strech it.......oh well....i guess if it rains 10 dollar bills,you're stupid if you open an umbrella......

I really want to see a Spidey film with him,but with another director...........i came to the verdict that i don't know if i trully like what Webb's doing,but a Sin Six film,under Goddard,and with Garfield,would be fantastic!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does this mean that the rumors of Marvel buying Spider-Man back from Sony are officially false?

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ascended

I'm tired of this Amazing Spider-man crap already if you want my thoughts on this. They need a NEW director and actor. I'm surprised to hear that he's going to hold up the franchise for another 6 years and won't leave by 2016 (which was his plan before).

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flameboy298

I dont really care for him as Spider-man would like someone play Spider-man tbh

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this mean that the rumors of Marvel buying Spider-Man back from Sony are officially false?

The man on Twitter joked.
A-hole.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ascended

Maguire fans: We want Tobey's Spider-man in the Avengers and X-Men, and Gaurdians of Galaxy crossover.

Garfield fans: No, we want Andrew, he's a better Spider-man than him.

Maguire fans: No he isn't.

Garfield fans: Yes he is.

*both fans fight*

That's how I see it...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

The man on Twitter joked.

A-hole.

I didn't really believe them to begin with but I still had some hope despite me officially being a huge Garfield/Parker fan now :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee:

The Daily Star is reporting that Andrew Garfield has been offered a multi-million dollar deal to play our favorite web crawler up until the year 2020! A senior source at Columbia Pictures says that "Andrew is already contracted to make two more films for release in 2015 and 2016." 2015? Could that be another Spidey flick or a cameo in another CBM we know that comes out that year? Anyway the senior source went on to say that "We are looking to tie him to the role for as many as a further four pictures given the huge success the franchise is enjoying [...] The part is pretty much his for as long as he chooses.” The report goes on to say that Garfield is even being offered a box office profit-sharing deal to play Spidey for another six years.

From CBM

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee:

The Daily Star is reporting that Andrew Garfield has been offered a multi-million dollar deal to play our favorite web crawler up until the year 2020! A senior source at Columbia Pictures says that "Andrew is already contracted to make two more films for release in 2015 and 2016." 2015? Could that be another Spidey flick or a cameo in another CBM we know that comes out that year? Anyway the senior source went on to say that "We are looking to tie him to the role for as many as a further four pictures given the huge success the franchise is enjoying [...] The part is pretty much his for as long as he chooses.” The report goes on to say that Garfield is even being offered a box office profit-sharing deal to play Spidey for another six years.

From CBM

2015?! Possibly Sony and Disney came to another agreement?!!?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: No.

And besides,he signed with Sony.

And it's probably Venom.

Yeah, I'm really not sure what I was thinking….lol….Venom in 2015? I doubt it though...

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Do you wish Tobey and Andrew could share their roles in and out of the costume? Cause too many people argue every day who is the better Spider-man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

And it's probably Venom.

Yeah, I'm really not sure what I was thinking….lol….Venom in 2015? I doubt it though...

Well,some spin off,i dont know.....
They will make one to be ready for 2015,that's for sure,as of we know that probably the Sin Six will be in the third part........or the black suit.....or whatever,I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO!!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@arturocalakayvee: Do you wish Tobey and Andrew could share their roles in and out of the costume? Cause too many people argue every day who is the better Spider-man.

I don't. Why would they share the roll? That wouldn't make sense lol

@arturocalakayvee said:

@punyparker said:

And it's probably Venom.

They will make one to be ready for 2015,that's for sure,as of we know that probably the Sin Six will be in the third part........or the black suit.....or whatever,I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO!!!

We can't deny it's very exciting. The only thing is that 2015 is right around the corner..somewhat..so if there's a movie in the works..it would need to be announced like ASAP, right?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

I don't. Why would they share the roll? That wouldn't make sense lol

@punyparker said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@punyparker said:

And it's probably Venom.

We can't deny it's very exciting. The only thing is that 2015 is right around the corner..somewhat..so if there's a movie in the works..it would need to be announced like ASAP, right?

maybe they will shoot it and then they may release a surprise trailer or announce it when everything is done, or at the next comic con it may get announced

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well,yeah....

maybe they will shoot it and then they may release a surprise trailer or announce it when everything is done, or at the next comic con it may get announced

This is not how business ,and especially Sony,works.... ;)

They'll announce it as soon as they'll can.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

Well,yeah....

@amazingspiderman15 said:

This is not how business ,and especially Sony,works.... ;)

They'll announce it as soon as they'll can.

what film do you think it is? I think it may be sin six or asm 3

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ascended

@arturocalakayvee: Because they're going to make Spidey crossover with Avengers later, and some people don't want to see Andrew in it and some do.

Next time they bring in actors for the roles, especially with Spider-man movies, perhaps they should ask the fans permission first to see if we want those kind of people in the role.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Lol cross over with Avengers?Keep dreaming.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didnt get this notification.......AGAIN Comicvine?.....*sigh*

Anyway,the announcement that he's in ASM3 is certain.Both Webb and Andrew.

The next films are,i think Sin Six and Venom,and apparently he'll be in both,thus making Peter Parker being in both films.
In Venom,i get it,he must establish a connection with Eddie.
In Sin Six?....if Sin Six is ultimatelly "Spider-Man VS a bunch of villians" written and directed by Drew Goddard, then it'll be awesome,brilliant, and Sony's Avengers.....

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Maybe it's better for them to just cancel the current Spider-man right now since the films aren't making as much as the Raimi/Tobey films did. I don't consider superhero movies to be "blockbuster" if there's a split in the audience.

porthunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

OH YEAH. BEST SPIDER-MAN TIL 2020.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@punyparker: Maybe it's better for them to just cancel the current Spider-man right now since the films aren't making as much as the Raimi/Tobey films did. I don't consider superhero movies to be "blockbuster" if there's a split in the audience.

They have big plans,they can't just cancel it.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ascended

@punyparker: Sony should've left Sam raimi alone and let him make Spider-man 4 himself. He could've brought back Venom in the fourth movie and found a way to make a spin off movie with Venom and Carnage.. gosh this reboot is just trying so hard to rewrite history right now.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@punyparker: Sony should've let Sam raimi alone and let him make Spider-man 4 himself. He could've brought back Venom in the fourth movie and found a way to make a spin off movie with Venom and Carnage.. gosh this reboot is just trying its hardest to rewrite history right now.

Well they should have let him do Spidey 3 how he wanted in the first place.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ascended

Im willing to bet anybody for 50 bucks that if Tobey was following Marc webb's scripts right now, people would forget about Andrew right away.

I saw Spider-man 3 yesterday, and I agree, it wasn't a good Spider-man movie. I felt like I was watching a love and romance movie the whole time.. it lost touch with the comic book counterparts and the peter parker/spider-man character.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

Im willing to bet anybody for 50 bucks that if Tobey was following Marc webb's scripts right now, people would forget about Andrew right away.

I saw Spider-man 3 yesterday, and I agree, it wasn't a good Spider-man movie. I felt like I was watching a love and romance movie the whole time.. it lost touch with the comic book counterparts and the peter parker/spider-man character.

I dont like Tobey as an actor,and i think Andrew has more depth in him.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Just because Andrew is a good actor doesn't make him better at everything.. ryan reynolds is a good deadpool, but his recent movie The Captive was bad and he was booed out of the party. Does it make him a good actor for that? No.

Morgan freeman is a good actor in Bruce Almighty, does it make him good at other movies too? No.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: I see what your saying but Ultimately in movies a actor can give a solid performance but its all up to the Script and Director.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Seriously, how can anyone say Andrew did better than Tobey on this part?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: His crying face is so laughable.Andrew is definitely the better actor.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next films are,i think Sin Six and Venom,and apparently he'll be in both,thus making Peter Parker being in both films.

In Sin Six?....if Sin Six is ultimatelly "Spider-Man VS a bunch of villians" written and directed by Drew Goddard, then it'll be awesome,brilliant, and Sony's Avengers.....

Drew Goddard is a pretty good choice. I think he would make a far more dynamic and cohesive film than Webb. I've always wanted to see an (A list) Director of the caliber of Ridley Scott take on a Spider-Man film with a mature treatment of script and an adult Spider-Man. In Sony's hands though, the whole tone and aesthetics of Spider-Teen is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. They are just going to keep targeting a younger demographic.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By magnetic_eye

@punyparker said:

@ascended said:

I don't mind Tobey Maguire as an actor. I do think both he and Kirsten Dunst were proportionately miscast in Sam Raimi's version. Tobey was okay as Parker, but not so good as the boisterous wise-cracking Spider-Man. Tobey even admitted on live television he had never even read a Spider-Man comic book growing up, so in essence he was acting to a script with no real in depth knowledge of the character. I also wasn't much of a fan of the cartoonish aesthetics of Raimi's trilogy. If I had to pick a favorite out of the lot, it would have to be Spider-Man 2.

I do prefer Andrew Garfield in the role more than Tobey, but only just. He certainly captured the character of Parker. He also nailed the boisterous wise-cracking Spider-Man, even if it was a little goofy. And of course Sony being Sony they went a little overboard with the out of character cool (emo) kid on a skateboard route.

I like ASM1 & ASM2 more than the first trilogy, but then again I would love to see a MARVEL STUDIO'S Spider-Man film with a new cast and a better Director.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kidchipotle

@ascended said:

@arturocalakayvee: Because they're going to make Spidey crossover with Avengers later, and some people don't want to see Andrew in it and some do.

Next time they bring in actors for the roles, especially with Spider-man movies, perhaps they should ask the fans permission first to see if we want those kind of people in the role.

No Caption Provided

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ascended

@magnetic_eye said:

@punyparker said:

@ascended said:

I don't mind Tobey Maguire as an actor. I do think both he and Kirsten Dunst were proportionately miscast in Sam Raimi's version. Tobey was okay as Parker, but not so good as the boisterous wise-cracking Spider-Man. Tobey even admitted on live television he had never even read a Spider-Man comic book growing up, so in essence he was acting to a script with no real in depth knowledge of the character. I also wasn't much of a fan of the cartoonish aesthetics of Raimi's trilogy. If I had to pick a favorite out of the lot, it would have to be Spider-Man 2.

I do prefer Andrew Garfield in the role more than Tobey, but only just. He certainly captured the character of Parker. He also nailed the boisterous wise-cracking Spider-Man, even if it was a little goofy. And of course Sony being Sony they went a little overboard with the out of character cool (emo) kid on a skateboard route.

I like ASM1 & ASM2 more than the first trilogy, but again I would love to see a MARVEL STUDIO'S Spider-Man film with a new cast and a better Director.

Are there any other actors out there who you think would play Spider-man as good as or better than Andrew? Cause he can't be the only one who's a big Spider-man fan and reads Spider-man comic books. There's a big selection of people in the pool who can be just as qualified as he is to play the character, and he is the only one who has to be chosen? I'm opened to anybody except him right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

I'm tired of this Amazing Spider-man crap already if you want my thoughts on this. They need a NEW director and actor. I'm surprised to hear that he's going to hold up the franchise for another 6 years and won't leave by 2016 (which was his plan before).

^^^^Wahwahwahwahwahwah!!!!^^^^

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@punyparker said:

@ascended said:

I like ASM1 & ASM2 more than the first trilogy, but then again I would love to see a MARVEL STUDIO'S Spider-Man film with a new cast and a better Director.

Are there any other actors out there who you think would play Spider-man as good as or better than Andrew? Cause he can't be the only one who's a big Spider-man fan and reads Spider-man comic books. There's a big selection of people in the pool who can be just as qualified as he is to play the character, and he is the only one who has to be chosen? I'm opened to anybody except him right now.

In terms of a younger dude, I would suggest Logan Lerman.

Given I would rather want to see an adult Peter Parker in a mature, slightly more grounded Spider-Man film, I'm going to suggest Jim Sturgess, Jake Gyllenhal or Johnny Simmons.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ascended

@magnetic_eye: Okay, that's no problem. I'll still take him over Andrew.

I was also thinking about Dylan O Brien. What do you think of him taking the role?

But I hope all of these rumors about Andrew's contract going up to 2020 isn't true.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@magnetic_eye: Okay, that's no problem. I'll still take him over Andrew.

I was also thinking about Dylan O Brien. What do you think of him taking the role?

But I hope all of these rumors about Andrew's contract going up to 2020 isn't true.

Well yeah, why not. He's got the looks and his career is starting to take off.

I'm not keen on these rumors being true either. I've said in many posts I'm not really a fan of the Sony adaptations. I prefer the current franchise over Raimi's trilogy, but in my opinion I still don't see them as very good representations of what a Spider-Man film should be.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ascended

@magnetic_eye: If Dylan takes the Spider-man role right now, I'd be really happy. He is just as good looking as Tobey and I bet he can also adapt to the Spidey personality like Andrew can. He has mentioned a couple of times in his encountered interviews that he's a big Spider-man fan and wishes he was Peter Parker/Spider-man too. I also heard other people say he would make a great Spider-man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys know what "emo" means??.......

Emo means that a person is buried to himself,thinks there's no hope in the world,has hair that cover half his/her face and hangs around in graveyards......

Is this really what you saw in Peter Parker?.....
Peter was a loner,and the skateboard thing gave him the "acrobatic" feeling ,even before he got the powers.....it was a nice touch.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Drew Goddard is a pretty good choice. I think he would make a far more dynamic and cohesive film than Webb. I've always wanted to see an (A list) Director of the caliber of Ridley Scott take on a Spider-Man film with a mature treatment of script and an adult Spider-Man. In Sony's hands though, the whole tone and aesthetics of Spider-Teen is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. They are just going to keep targeting a younger demographic.

He's writing and directing Sinister Six,so.......we have hope.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys know what "emo" means??.......

Emo means that a person is buried to himself,thinks there's no hope in the world,has hair that cover half his/her face and hangs around in graveyards......

Is this really what you saw in Peter Parker?.....

Peter was a loner,and the skateboard thing gave him the "acrobatic" feeling ,even before he got the powers.....it was a nice touch.

Yes I know what 'emo' means. No offence intended. One could also look at the music, fashion and culture aspects of being 'emo' and I guess that is more of what I saw. The 'emo' genre varies greatly in definition and doesn't mean today what it originally meant in the late 80's or even 90's. The modern 'emo' is not always necessarily a loner with no friends and I stand corrected. You make a valid point.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Do you think all those Spider-man jokes that Andrew is making in the movies are from the scripts or just said by himself?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@magnetic_eye: Do you think all those Spider-man jokes that Andrew is making in the movies are from the scripts or just said by himself?

Who knows. Maybe a bit of both. It's not uncommon for some actors to ad lib.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ascended

@magnetic_eye: I just want to have a friendly conversation with you. I still don't get the hate that Tobey Maguire is getting for being Spider-man. I thought he did pretty well with Peter Parker, the nerdy side and all of that. If he didn't show that he could invent something like Andrew's can, I don't think it was his fault since none of that was in the script. As for Spider-man, he did better than averaged. He did throw in some witty sarcastic humors, but not as much as Andrew. People say Andrew's the better Spider-man only because he throws in more jokes than Tobey does right?

Tobey Maguire (Spider-man) was even on the list of actors who proved everyone wrong, this list includes Jack Hughman as Wolverine, Ian Mckellen as Magneto, and Heath Ledger as the Joker.

http://www.teen.com/2014/03/11/movies/weird-comic-book-movie-castings/#4

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@magnetic_eye: I just want to have a friendly conversation with you. I still don't get the hate that Tobey Maguire is getting for being Spider-man. I thought he did pretty well with Peter Parker, the nerdy side and all of that. If he didn't show that he could invent something like Andrew's can, I don't think it was his fault since none of that was in the script. As for Spider-man, he did better than averaged. He did throw in some witty sarcastic humors, but not as much as Andrew. People say Andrew's the better Spider-man only because he throws in more jokes than Tobey does right?

Tobey Maguire (Spider-man) was even on the list of actors who proved everyone wrong, this list includes Jack Hughman as Wolverine, Ian Mckellen as Magneto, and Heath Ledger as the Joker.

http://www.teen.com/2014/03/11/movies/weird-comic-book-movie-castings/#4

Please bear in mind these are just my opinions and I think one could simply sum up by saying that Tobey Maguire played Peter better and that Andrew Garfield nailed Spider-Man better. Now of course opinions are going to be varied among fans. I have said before I'm not really a fan of the Sony adaptations. Tobey is a fine actor, in fact I have some of his movies on DVD, but whilst he portrayed the nerdy side of Peter well, to me it kind of felt like a wooden performance. Tobey was acting to a script without having a deep understanding of the character. He himself admitted he had never read a Spider-Man comic book and I believe that an actor should research the role they are going to play on screen. I don't really get why an actor would only want to impart their own interpretation on the character when there is so much material to glean character traits from. It's disrespects the original source material, the fans and lacks integrity. Researching the character would have been as easy as buying a stack of Spider-Man comic books. Mind you I'm not hating on Tobey. I'm just as equally pointing the finger at Sam Raimi.

I have enjoyed the reboot only marginally better. I wasn't expecting Sony to lean more towards the Ultimate Spider-Man route, but a younger demographic seems to be their focus target. Andrew Garfield is better with the Spider-Man sarcasm and wise cracks, sometimes a bit too goofy for my liking. ASM1 & ASM2 has more of an immediate contemporary feel to it, but I still feel like it's lacking in character development. I'm a lot more accustomed to Marvel's (616) adult Peter Parker / Amazing Spider-Man and that character has yet to be realized for the big screen.