Movie Spider-Man Strength Comparison Videos (Not mine)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Found these on Youtube. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on them. Math was, I'm sorry to say, never my forte, so I can't really refute or confirm much of what he says here, but I'd be interested to know what other folk's opinions are. If these videos are accurate, then they'd certainly bump up MCU Spider-Man in overall rankings:

Again, let me know what you think. However, I request that you all keep your comments respectful. Not asking anyone to agree with this guy, but try to keep disagreements civil rather than scathing.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either you go by calcs, and MCU Spider-Man has the best lifting strength

Or you go by what looks the most impressive visually, in which case the ferry scene takes it for me

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@webinyoureye11 said:

Either you go by calcs, and MCU Spider-Man has the best lifting strength

Or you go by what looks the most impressive visually, in which case the ferry scene takes it for me

Which would mean best strength period. As I've explained God knows how many times now, there is no difference between lifting and punching. It's the same arms and hands, and it's pure bunk to act as though lifting strength feats mean nothing in a fighting context. It's the same arms and hands.

Especially when, given how much people here on CV overemphasize reflexes and put WAY too much importance on dodging projectiles as proof of combat speed, we shouldn't act as though there is a difference between lifting and punching if we think agility and combat speed are one in the same. That's just a pure double standard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: hey, it's not my rule. I actually agree with you

Well, I wouldn't really classify it as a "rule" even; just a bogus double-standard folks here on the Vine adhere to in bulk. There's no "rule" that MCU Iron Man is as weak as his lowballers suggest, but that doesn't mean that a lot of people don't lowball him. But it's not really a "rule" to me; just an annoyingly common idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I feel people just use to any means to downplay one side to prove a character they like wins. Like people will literally ask you for feats for a rebuilt bifrost bridge to say it's the same as it was in Thor 1. Or for statements for hawkeye using anything better than run of the mill arrows, yet they don't need a statement on tony making a crap armor just for cap lol

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

It is noteworthy that the MCU version, they used the Ferry as a feat.

--In the real movie, he fails to keep it together.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@camilopezo: He does fail to keep it together, but he was able to hold onto the two halves for a while at least. Not as impressive, but I'd argue still a respectable feat.

Does he really claim in the video that Spider-Man successfully holds the ferry together? Because if so, then that invalidates that part of his video. I'd need to rewatch it to check.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal: Well, I mostly wanted insight into how credible these videos actually are as evidence. Being as I am in no way a mathematician, I have no way of refuting or corroborating the evidence myself.