Is Bobbi being setup to be Peter's next love interest?

• 64 results
NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@dernman said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:

@dernman: @newworldorder:

All I hope is for Slott to continue writing ASM into the ground past the breaking point so that Marvel finally fires Slott and revitalizes Spider Man the only possible way and that is by destroying OMD regardless of all the contingencies and supposed locks they have so the marriage is never reinstated.

I honestly think Spider-Man just needs a reboot altogether.

Good gracious NO! That would mean making Peter a teenager again and that's the stuff of nightmares because he would never age at all. He would remain perpetually fifteen for the remainder of the existence and you can bet there will be no marriage.

Oh, I mean the Marvel universe as a whole needs one big reboot. It's long overdue.

I would have disagreed with that some time Pre Modern Secret Wars but Marvel has been screwing up their universe so bad lately you'd think they were int4ntianlly making crap to see how bad they can go before people will stop buying.

It's like there is no consistency anymore.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ursaber said:
@dernman said:
@bluehope said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

I would. Very much. Spider Man's only true love interest is Mary Jane. Until they get back together Peter should not be with other women and should suffer the effects of OMD until they are destroyed.

And screw Slott BTW.

At this point I'm ok with anything that is not fanfiction lvl bulshit like his previous relationship with Silk.

Silk x Spiderman was the WORST romantic relationship I ever saw in comics.

Silk shouldn't have existed in the first place. How many Spider's do we really need watering down the concept?

Let's count them down:

1. Miles Morales
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Anya Corazon
  4. Ben Reilly
  5. Kaine
  6. Silk
  7. Spider Gwen
  8. Spider Man 2099

It's ridiculous and they make it worse by trying to combine most of them in the same universe and time..

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@ursaber said:
@dernman said:
@bluehope said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

I would. Very much. Spider Man's only true love interest is Mary Jane. Until they get back together Peter should not be with other women and should suffer the effects of OMD until they are destroyed.

And screw Slott BTW.

At this point I'm ok with anything that is not fanfiction lvl bulshit like his previous relationship with Silk.

Silk x Spiderman was the WORST romantic relationship I ever saw in comics.

Silk shouldn't have existed in the first place. How many Spider's do we really need watering down the concept?

Let's count them down:

1. Miles Morales
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Anya Corazon
  4. Ben Reilly
  5. Kaine
  6. Silk
  7. Spider Gwen
  8. Spider Man 2099

It's ridiculous and they make it worse by trying to combine most of them in the same universe and time..

Jessica, Kaine, Ben, and Miles I don't mind, but the rest got to go.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@dernman said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:

All I hope is for Slott to continue writing ASM into the ground past the breaking point so that Marvel finally fires Slott and revitalizes Spider Man the only possible way and that is by destroying OMD regardless of all the contingencies and supposed locks they have so the marriage is never reinstated.

Good gracious NO! That would mean making Peter a teenager again and that's the stuff of nightmares because he would never age at all. He would remain perpetually fifteen for the remainder of the existence and you can bet there will be no marriage.

Oh, I mean the Marvel universe as a whole needs one big reboot. It's long overdue.

I would have disagreed with that some time Pre Modern Secret Wars but Marvel has been screwing up their universe so bad lately you'd think they were int4ntianlly making crap to see how bad they can go before people will stop buying.

A reboot is a bad idea and we'll likely never see it. What is needed is a restoration, a rebirth. A way to go back to a more familiar setting without destroying all the progress (except the last ten years of Spider Man). Bringing character to more familiar status quos: Spider Man has MJ and his daughter hopefully, Captain America is not a nazi and continues to lead the Avengers, Iron Man is a living active mentor to Ironheart and so on.

A reboot would be like doing Ultimate Spider Man but in canonical continuity. Spider Man would become a teenager again and he would never grow up. It would also destroy any purpose Miles Morales has and he's a pet Marvel character who they won't jeopardize.

The MU is in a shitty state right now. Readers are going from Marvel to DC and Image in droves. Marvel can't land books on top 10's anywhere unless they're events or Star Wars books. All New All Different completely f*ck*d up Marvel and all that is needed is familiarity.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ursaber said:
@dernman said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:

A reboot is a bad idea and we'll likely never see it. What is needed is a restoration, a rebirth. A way to go back to a more familiar setting without destroying all the progress (except the last ten years of Spider Man). Bringing character to more familiar status quos: Spider Man has MJ and his daughter hopefully, Captain America is not a nazi and continues to lead the Avengers, Iron Man is a living active mentor to Ironheart and so on.

A reboot would be like doing Ultimate Spider Man but in canonical continuity. Spider Man would become a teenager again and he would never grow up. It would also destroy any purpose Miles Morales has and he's a pet Marvel character who they won't jeopardize.

The MU is in a shitty state right now. Readers are going from Marvel to DC and Image in droves. Marvel can't land books on top 10's anywhere unless they're events or Star Wars books. All New All Different completely f*ck*d up Marvel and all that is needed is familiarity.

Agreed but I hope they do a better job at it than DC did. While they did good in many areas they're still things going on that are bad. Like two Wallys instead of just returning the original.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By BlueHope

@ursaber said:

I don't think a reboot is a bad idea at least not in the distant future, after all I don't believe that Marvel will allow Peter to ever be old, he will never reach his 60s or have grandkids in the mainstream universe since he is Marvel Bruce Wayne the Marvel biggest character by far, Miles is just a C-lister he is not popular enough to replace him.

However a "rebirth" like Superman had seems like a far better idea for now,but I'm not sure Marvel will risk it if Spiderman Solo comics keep being ahead of everyone but Batman(even though his comic used to be the most popular one in the past)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Couldn't have said it better.

To tell the truth, I don't care about the whole Marvel Universe. I have three particular franchises which are the only ones I care about: Spider Man, X-Men (through Original Jean Grey) and THOR!

The rest is irrelevant.

I just want OMD destroyed for Spider Man and RYV to be merged into 616.

I want Original Jean Grey to return and stop dying.

Thor female is cool but Thor Odinson is much more fun.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

@ursaber: Couldn't have said it better.

To tell the truth, I don't care about the whole Marvel Universe. I have three particular franchises which are the only ones I care about: Spider Man, X-Men (through Original Jean Grey) and THOR!

The rest is irrelevant.

I just want OMD destroyed for Spider Man and RYV to be merged into 616.

I want Original Jean Grey to return and stop dying.

Thor female is cool but Thor Odinson is much more fun.

Yeah, I have given up on a lot of stuff for Marvel. I focus on characters that are my favorite oppose to looking at everything like I used too. Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy are my main focus.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

I don't think a reboot is a bad idea at least not in the distant future, after all I don't believe that Marvel will allow Peter to ever be old, he will never reach his 60s or have grandkids in the mainstream universe since he is Marvel Bruce Wayne the Marvel biggest character by far, Miles is just a C-lister he is not popular enough to replace him.

However a "rebirth" like Superman had seems like a far better idea for now,but I'm not sure Marvel will risk it if Spiderman Solo comics keep being ahead of everyone but Batman(even though his comic used to be the most popular one in the past)

No Marvel hero will ever reach that elderly period in their lives. I just don't want Spider Man to be a goddamn teenager again. He should stay in his thirties, with wife and daughter. There, now the aging can end for good up to that point. Grandkids are not a good idea. I think only Thor has granddaughters.

Instead of just doing a plain old Superman Rebirth style switch, what Marvel can do is merge 616 Spider Man with RYV Spider Man, therefore bringing in MJ and Annie into continuity and having the best of both worlds.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Agreed but I hope they do a better job at it than DC did. While they did good in many areas they're still things going on that are bad. Like two Wallys instead of just returning the original.

Its still a thousand times better than anything Marvel or DC have done in the 2010's. Marvel has their constantly undending stream of events and DC changed EVERYTHING in New 52. At least the DC Universe after Rebirth has done well enough to become the BIG ONE as it has crushed Marvel. In fact, Image has done better than Marvel.

Truth be told I only care about Spider Man, Jean Grey and Thor. The rest are irrelevant. There are too many characters so I hang around my favorites. So long as these three are improved, all is better.

• I just want OMD destroyed for Spider Man and RYV to be merged into 616.
  • I want Original Jean Grey to return and stop dying.
  • Thor female is cool but Thor Odinson is much more fun.
ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I have given up on a lot of stuff for Marvel. I focus on characters that are my favorite oppose to looking at everything like I used too. Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy are my main focus.

The Spider Man I follow is Renew Your Vows. I also follow Moon Knight which is sadly ending because of Jeff Lemire's departure, Black Widow, Thor, Unworthy Thor, Nova (Richard Rider returned) and Infamous Iron Man.

I used to like Guardians but when they became too much like the movies I lost interest as it was no longer unique or enjoyable to me.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Wondered this for a while myself

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wondered this for a while myself

With Slott's track record and Marvel's treatment of Spider Man as a Peter Pan, its a safe bet this will ultimately amount to nothing.