Is Bobbi being setup to be Peter's next love interest?

• 64 results
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

What would be your thoughts on this

Since issue #8 of Volume 4 Slott has been, ever so slightly seem be pushing to bring Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird) and Peter together, as shown by the following.

I placed them in order of how it progressed

1st from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #3, 2nd from Amazing Spider-Man v4 #5, 3rd from Amazing Spider-Man v4 #11

and finally with another push after IMO using Power Play to show Mary Jane and Peter have moved on and that they no longer need each other, which also IMO was a wasted opportunity. We have the 4th from Amazing Spider-Man v4 #15

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #3
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #3
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #5
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #5
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #11
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #11
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #15
Amazing Spider-Man v4 #15

-

@amazingfantasy

@Elbarto17 aka Punyparker

@zariusii

@blackspidey2099

@riscrit aka Spideyryan

@magnetic_eye

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well Slott did say that he would be giving Peter a new romance....buuuut knowing how well every other romance was received by readers, it'll be kaput fast. Every romance they have thrown at us has never been interesting or satisfying no matter what gimmick they gave to it. It's safer to place bets on how many issues the Spider/Mockingbird romance lasts before it sizzles to a crisp and becomes something no one remembers.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey needs a long lasting relationship with some X-woman.

Beata

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blackspidey2099

@itsaworld said:

Well Slott did say that he would be giving Peter a new romance....buuuut knowing how well every other romance was received by readers, it'll be kaput fast. Every romance they have thrown at us has never been interesting or satisfying no matter what gimmick they gave to it. It's safer to place bets on how many issues the Spider/Mockingbird romance lasts before it sizzles to a crisp and becomes something no one remembers.

This is true with most of the post-BND romances, but that was because they were either completely rushed with no build up, or the girl was a complete Mary Sue (Carlie).

Mockingbird, as an established character and one with her own series, is not going to be a Mary Sue, and as we can already see, the relationship has already been given some build up, so even readers who don't read her series still have a level of affinity for Bobbi. I doubt they will be hooking up until after Dead No More anyway, so that's even more opportunity for the writers. So, I think this relationship may actually have some potential! :) (Unless, as we all hope, the marriage is back next year...)

ASM #15 was kinda cruel with that MJ tease, but the end did leave me feeling a little better. Bobbi is no MJ, but I think she is a pretty cool girl for Peter. The dynamic of their relationship would be very interesting as well. I'm all for it, personally (though I wish we could have Captain Marvel, Black Cat, or MJ instead, LOL).

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just reading those panels with Mockingbird, Spidey, Anna and Robo Ock makes me realize how dumb it makes me feel for reading it again. The weird and wacky world of Slott's Spider-Man insults your intelligence. ?

Mockingbird ❤️ Hawkeye

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jimishim12

Bobbi's too badass and alpha chick for someone on Peter's Peter's level. Which Pity the foo level mixed with completely mentally damaged, Bobbi is like too Highschool Punk Leader for him and is normal, with a backbone and completely free of emotional past turmoil.

But lets see if it works, and if it does it does.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@animehunter:

and finally with another push after IMO using Power Play to show Mary Jane and Peter have moved on and that they no longer need each other, which also IMO was a wasted opportunity. We have the 4th from Amazing Spider-Man v4 #15

When was that ??

I don´t think the possibility of them being back together is discarded, in the issue when Harry helped Augustus Roman after being shot in the party, when Peter was on stage the narration from his own words said he couldn´t concentrate because Mary Jane was there.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be ok with Bobbi and Peter dating.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought ASM 11 made it a bit obvious. But yeah I think it's a cool decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-59848080e4380
deactivated-59848080e4380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Good job on compiling those comic panels. I'm inclined to think that Slott is setting up Peter and Bobbi together.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Of course we need a new love interest in time for their new version of OMD, because apparently we're now bringing back storylines nobody liked as well.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZariusII

@blackspidey2099 said:
@itsaworld said:

This is true with most of the pre-BND romances, but that was because they were either completely rushed with no build up, or the girl was a complete Mary Sue (Carlie).

Mockingbird, as an established character and one with her own series, is not going to be a Mary Sue, and as we can already see, the relationship has already been given some build up, so even readers who don't read her series still have a level of affinity for Bobbi. I doubt they will be hooking up until after Dead No More anyway, so that's even more opportunity for the writers. So, I think this relationship may actually have some potential! :) (Unless, as we all hope, the marriage is back next year...)

ASM #15 was kinda cruel with that MJ tease, but the end did leave me feeling a little better. Bobbi is no MJ, but I think she is a pretty cool girl for Peter. The dynamic of their relationship would be very interesting as well. I'm all for it, personally (though I wish we could have Captain Marvel, Black Cat, or MJ instead, LOL).

One thing fans may have missed here is that this potential/probable love interest has a OMD connection...or rather the Skrull that took Bobbi's place does, as that impersonator's soul was claimed by Mephisto. Once again, a cheeky little nod there from Slott and yet ANOTHER potential hint

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Bobbi's too badass and alpha chick for someone on Peter's Peter's level. Which Pity the foo level mixed with completely mentally damaged, Bobbi is like too Highschool Punk Leader for him and is normal, with a backbone and completely free of emotional past turmoil.

But lets see if it works, and if it does it does.

That actually sounds like it'd make for an interesting relationship to me.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Of course we need a new love interest in time for their new version of OMD, because apparently we're now bringing back storylines nobody liked as well.

When was that announced?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@theexile285: Not yet. But we've got clone saga again, Marvel likes to make fans angry, and Spider-Man doesn't learn a thing, how long is it gonna take?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme said:

When was that announced?

There's been a lot of hints lately that Marvel will be revisiting OMD soon, there's the Mephisto visit from Spider-Man/Deadpool, Peter and MJ allmost recalled a predicament where versions of them were married and had a daughter (the one they gave up to save May) during "Power Play" , and the afore-mentioned Mephisto connection to Mockingbird (or a version of Mockingbird).

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

This is true with most of the post-BND romances, but that was because they were either completely rushed with no build up, or the girl was a complete Mary Sue (Carlie).

I actually liked Carlie, she was a very sweet and smart girl.

Unless, as we all hope, the marriage is back next year

Why would the marriage be back next year ??

@zariusii said:
@theexile285 said:
@stahlflamme said:

When was that announced?

There's been a lot of hints lately that Marvel will be revisiting OMD soon, there's the Mephisto visit from Spider-Man/Deadpool, Peter and MJ allmost recalled a predicament where versions of them were married and had a daughter (the one they gave up to save May) during "Power Play" , and the afore-mentioned Mephisto connection to Mockingbird (or a version of Mockingbird).

Why do I always miss this stuff ?? When did that happen ??

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

I actually liked Carlie, she was a very sweet and smart girl.

Unless, as we all hope, the marriage is back next year

Why would the marriage be back next year ??

@zariusii said:
@theexile285 said:
@stahlflamme said:

When was that announced?

Why do I always miss this stuff ?? When did that happen ??

That's when it happened.

SpideyPool 5

ASM V4 15

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimishim12

LOL still taking that parody team up title seriously for clues for shipping fuel, never change guys.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jimishim12: That has to be one of the most shallow, immature, shortsighted and asinine thighs I ever heard of.

I like Mockingbird very much and I would be up for her becoming Peter's new lady, but the problem I have with it. That nothing really real well coe from, give this lameass rule that says Peter must be single and dating forever. I also don't trust Slott to write a pivotal and palpable relationship.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is better than a deaged and MCUified Lance Hunter.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darthfury78

@theheaven_guardian10 said:

@jimishim12: That has to be one of the most shallow, immature, shortsighted and asinine thighs I ever heard of.

I like Mockingbird very much and I would be up for her becoming Peter's new lady, but the problem I have with it. That nothing really real well come from, give this lameass rule that says Peter must be single and dating forever. I also don't trust Slott to write a pivotal and palpable relationship.

I doubt that Slott will ever do a relationship between Peter and a heroine. Afterall, he's the guy who vetoed the developing relationship between Peter and Carol Danvers. The only other relationship was Peter Parker and Jessica Drew, which might had been shotdown in favor of Hawkeye and Jessica Drew. What would be a good idea is for Peter to develop his relationship with a heroine who has a day job, like Jennifer Walters(lawyer) or Greer Grant(Police Officer). Even The Black Widow and Silver Sable might have been a fun partnership. But all Marvel has done is wasted those moments in favor of relationships that no one cares about. The only other Spider-Man created character who could get back with Peter is Betty Brant.

I have no problems with Bobbi having a relationship with Peter as there is enough to support it, as long as the story is developed very well. But I would rather see their friendship develop first before any kind of relationship takes place. The same goes for the other heroines I mentioned as well as Psylocke(the only X-Character who would work well with Peter; but in her original body as the twin sister of Brain Braddock).....

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A relationship with Bobbi makes sense. They fight together for a while and Bobbi is a established and well developed character (unlike all other women they tried to ship with Peter). The romance can work, both have superpower and can fight together, Bobbi is witty like Peter and have a strong personality like other women in Peter's life (MJ, Felicia). And other thing, Bobbi is a scientist, she is biologist and Peter is biophysicist, so there is potential to they talk about science (ex: they developing a new gadget or discussing anything related to a mission or a villain that involves science). Another thing, in the Mockingbird the Super Soldier serum she received was a untested formula and now she is suffering with collateral effects, Peter's sense of responsibility can led him to take care of her and try to find a treatment.

The problem is how said romance would be developed. We didn't have too much build up, all we had was he saving her once, later we discover Mockingbird may be fallen by Peter because... Ana Maria said so. Later, Peter presents her to Aunt May, what implies they don't have just a professional relationship and are already in a serious thing (I would not introduce a woman to my mother/aunt if it was not serious). But, if they are getting steady all happened off screen. It is awful! The same happened with the last Asian girlfriend, we were informed that they were together, so we had a scene of her feeding him Chinese food in the mouth using chopsticks and later she tries to kill him and they broke up (off screen). A romance needs much more than that. It needs drama, character development, the couple flirting and exchanging actual dialogue, it needs conflict. We are not getting that.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with it.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope, I am really appealed for the idea, just hope that if they do, they won't end it in a crap fast if way as always

Is a very interesting ship

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I really hope, I am really appealed for the idea, just hope that if they do, they won't end it in a crap fast if way as always

Is a very interesting ship

I can guarantee that should Slott pair them up, their relationship will not be likable and will end catastrophically. Slott is terrible at romance and doesn't really care for it. Just look at what he did to Mary Jane, Carlie Cooper and the nymphomaniac creation Silk.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ZariusII

@shadowpro said:

This is most certaingly going to happen. Hell if Bobbi's title had continued, it apparently was never going to happen because the writer of her ongoing had plans to pair her back up with Clint.

Not to mention Bobbi may have potential rivals in the form of the new character Rebecca London and possibly even MJ again, as they will be part of the Spectacular Spider-Man comic, which will have storylines that will be consequential to the main book and vice versa.

The romance can be extended via these kind of complications to make it more 'interesting', but it really won't matter that much to any reader who is aware Marvel continue to promote Peter and MJ as a couple in mediums such as multiple variant covers, Renew Your Vows and the newspaper strip. Bobbi stands no chance of competing with their union.

It is, as Slott says, a force of nature.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott can't write female characters properly anyway.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love that even aunt may is shipping them

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love that even aunt may is shipping them

She's desperate. At this point she would ship him with just about anyone who could give her grandchildren.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seemed that way but Slott simply forgot and dropped it.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Wouldn't mind it.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't mind it.

I would. Very much. Spider Man's only true love interest is Mary Jane. Until they get back together Peter should not be with other women and should suffer the effects of OMD until they are destroyed.

And screw Slott BTW.

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm okay with it but Slott needs to go.

Love, Bumpaddle.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NewWorldOrder

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

I would. Very much. Spider Man's only true love interest is Mary Jane. Until they get back together Peter should not be with other women and should suffer the effects of OMD until they are destroyed.

And screw Slott BTW.

I would rather him with Mary Jane more than any other character, but I'm not sure it's going to happen at the point.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

I would rather him with Mary Jane more than any other character, but I'm not sure it's going to happen at the point.

Slott completely butchers any sort of romance. Nothing is gonna come of Peter and Bobbi. Slott's material is atrocious and it won't get better. Any romance with Peter is destined to end in misery and nothingness and sadly its not just because of Slott.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

Slott completely butchers any sort of romance. Nothing is gonna come of Peter and Bobbi. Slott's material is atrocious and it won't get better. Any romance with Peter is destined to end in misery and nothingness and sadly its not just because of Slott.

Lets all just agree that Slott needs to go.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

Lets all just agree that Slott needs to go.

Truth

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @newworldorder:

All I hope is for Slott to continue writing ASM into the ground past the breaking point so that Marvel finally fires Slott and revitalizes Spider Man the only possible way and that is by destroying OMD regardless of all the contingencies and supposed locks they have so the marriage is never reinstated.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NewWorldOrder

@ursaber said:

All I hope is for Slott to continue writing ASM into the ground past the breaking point so that Marvel finally fires Slott and revitalizes Spider Man the only possible way and that is by destroying OMD regardless of all the contingencies and supposed locks they have so the marriage is never reinstated.

I honestly think Spider-Man just needs a reboot altogether.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

Good gracious NO! That would mean making Peter a teenager again and that's the stuff of nightmares because he would never age at all. He would remain perpetually fifteen for the remainder of the existence and you can bet there will be no marriage.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:

Good gracious NO! That would mean making Peter a teenager again and that's the stuff of nightmares because he would never age at all. He would remain perpetually fifteen for the remainder of the existence and you can bet there will be no marriage.

Oh, I mean the Marvel universe as a whole needs one big reboot. It's long overdue.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlueHope

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

At this point I'm ok with anything that is not fanfiction lvl bulshit like his previous relationship with Silk.

Silk x Spiderman was the WORST romantic relationship I ever saw in comics.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

At this point I'm ok with anything that is not fanfiction lvl bulshit like his previous relationship with Silk.

Every supposed relationship Peter had post OMD was the worst thing ever. Mary Jane is Peter's one true love, his Lois Lane. Pairing him up with other characters will yield nothing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:
@ursaber said:

Oh, I mean the Marvel universe as a whole needs one big reboot. It's long overdue.

I would have disagreed with that some time Pre Modern Secret Wars but Marvel has been screwing up their universe so bad lately you'd think they were int4ntianlly making crap to see how bad they can go before people will stop buying.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

Silk shouldn't have existed in the first place. How many Spider's do we really need watering down the concept?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@bluehope said:
@ursaber said:
@newworldorder said:

Wouldn't mind it.

And screw Slott BTW.

Silk shouldn't have existed in the first place. How many Spider's do we really need watering down the concept?

Let's count them down:

1. Miles Morales
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Anya Corazon
  4. Ben Reilly
  5. Kaine
  6. Silk
  7. Spider Gwen
  8. Spider Man 2099