Gwen WILL come back to life?

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spider-Gwen is coming very soon after Spider-Verse and everyone is excited for it.What if Spider-Gwen turns out very well and gets good sales and all, do you think after Secret Wars Marvel will let Gwen to live again but in the form of Spider-Woman (like she will replace Jessica Drew or something)? What do you think?

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zarius

They don't need to revive Gwen, especially if Ultimate Gwen will be part of the line-up going forward (she's way more interesting than Silver Age Gwen), and just let Spider-Gwen exist in her own world.

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

They don't need to revive Gwen, especially if Ultimate Gwen will be part of the line-up going forward (she's way more interesting than Silver Age Gwen), and just let Spider-Gwen exist in her own world.

dude there WONT be anymore worlds after secret wars

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

dude there WONT be anymore worlds after secret wars

...You seriously believe that? Ha.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why desn't Marvel just bring over AoA Gwen Stacy to Earth-616 like they did with the Dark Beast and X-Man?

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to a thread that I read.............prob.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sin...Sin...Sin World Order!

HollowMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_waffle: shit you made me remember that stupid as fuck comic

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not.

Beata

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Ha, no.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky Barne got back.

Uncle Ben got Back.

Jason Todd got back.

No one stays dead in comic books.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13 vance_astro  Moderator
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Uncle Ben got Back.

When?

If i remember well, DR. Strange did some weird magic and bring him back for 5 minutes.

It didnt last, but he got back from the grave.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No need for that when we have Spider-Gwen. She's Gwen and at the same time she kicks ass.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm 99.99% sure Spider-Gwen will be in the mainstream universe after Secret Wars.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By MatthewParker

But i doubt she'll replace Jessica.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bucky Barne got back.

Uncle Ben got Back.

Jason Todd got back.

Except Gwen (so far...)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Bucky Barne got back.

Uncle Ben got Back.

Jason Todd got back.

Except Gwen (so far...)

Well they had relatives that are her just with another name.

Clones.

Daugthers and tons.

So they have trick people to believe they havent, but they did.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zarius

@lastoblivion said:

No need for that when we have Spider-Gwen. She's Gwen and at the same time she kicks ass.

She's Gwen, but she's also a completely different take on her, far removed from the needy Silver Age incarnation

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope not. To me, this would be as bad as bringing a character like Uncle Ben or Darth Vader back from the dead. You can't, that's the way it has to be. I know that this doesn't mean literally bringing back 616 Gwen, but it's close enough. I'm content with her staying in some sort of alternate reality.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LastOblivion

@zarius said:

@lastoblivion said:

She's Gwen, but she's also a completely different take on her, far removed from the needy Silver Age incarnation

It's a cooler version that people love! :)
I personally don't care much for 616 Gwen and if I could choose she stays dead. Specially now.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Gwen Stacy suck

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Gwen's "special" because she's dead....as soon as people get that,we're all be okay.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: no, she is special because she was Peter's first true love.and she being dead is what makes her even more important

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Gwen Stacy suck

Amen brother.

@punyparker: no, she is special because she was Peter's first true love.and she being dead is what makes her even more important

That's her only special feature.
First love,sure,but what makes her differ from other girlfriends,aside from Licia and MJ of course,is that she's buried.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zarius

@angelalfonso said:

"First true love...", ha. Betty Brant says hi. And last I checked, true loves don't bang your arch-nemesis. and expect you to look after their spawn with them.

Peter's already said on several occasions he loved MJ more than he ever did Gwen too. I bet he probably thought that way about MJ even when he was dating Gwen , who he only really stuck with at the time because he was guilt tripping on George.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@spiderfan21:

One she could have a different allias related to spiders. That is possibel specially now that characthers are dying or return to live.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PunyParker

@zarius said:

@angelalfonso said:

"First true love...", ha. Betty Brant says hi. And last I checked, true loves don't bang your arch-nemesis. and expect you to look after their spawn with them.

We are getting along just fine.

@zarius said:

Peter's already said on several occasions he loved MJ more than he ever did Gwen too. I bet he probably thought that way about MJ even when he was dating Gwen , who he only really stuck with at the time because he was guilt tripping on George.

Bipolar Psycho.

Nothing more has to be said.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a perfect Spider-Man world for me:

Peter is alive and with MJ

Ben is alive and with Gwen

Kaine is alive and with...Carli

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gwen's "special" because she's dead....as soon as people get that,we're all be okay.

The Myth of Gwen Stacy its made to make her death important.

The funny thing, she wouldnt be remotly as important if she lived and if it wasnt for the fact its they run out of ideas.

"Returning to the bridgewhere Gwen died had become an established Spider-Man cliché by that point — and an overused one, at that. To this day, whenever a Spider-Man writer tries for dramatic irony or poignancy, it usually involves Spider-Man being at that bridge."

Editor/Writer Glenn Greenberg on The Clone Saga

Writers take Gwen Stacy impact on Spiderman life and amp this to 111.

If we got writer that never knew Gwen Stacy, but grew up loving MJ, MJ impact in the current storylines would be bigger that Gwen one.

Since you know, they got married, almost had a daughter and all that Mephisto deal thing.

Also its the fact Joe Quesada cant get over the Gwen Stacy years and any vision that kills the idea that most of people has of her.

Many people forget to remember she wasnt the nice girl everybody loved.

That was flanderization of the character and is getting worst.

Peter wasnt into her since day one and she wasnt a saint, this started way later and got worst after she died, all the pre Peter relationship Gwen is gone and all her flaws are gone, she got to be a better human being thanks to her relationship with Peter.

Also i cant believe people is trying to Ignore House of M dirty little secret about Peter.

House of M, let you understand Peter and MJ are having an affair.

http://hellzyeahthewebwieldingavenger.tumblr.com/post/99393681748/the-five-stages-of-gwen

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darthfury78

@angelalfonso said:

I think that Peter's first true love was Betty Brant of which a lot of people forgot. The next would be Felicia Hardy.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

I think that Peter's first true love was Betty Brant of which a lot of people forgot.

Liz Allan
Liz Allan

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is alive and with MJ

Ben is alive and with Gwen

Kaine is alive and with...Carli

How about this twist:

Peter is alive with Natasha Romanov

Ben is alive with Aurora(Alpha Flight)

Kaine is alive with Moondragon

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I dont hate it at all...they're very..intriguing.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

I think that Peter's first true love was Betty Brant of which a lot of people forgot. The next would be Felicia Hardy.

Well,he first hooked up with Gwen,so that's why people seem to emphasize on that more.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope she stays in her own universe -- there seems like a lot more potential there instead of dragging her back to 616.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Well,he first hooked up with Gwen,so that's why people seem to emphasize on that more.

Cmon, that its a myth, Gwen wasnt Peter first anything, Marvel made the Myth of the perfect girl that Gwen was, in that myth it made her his first love, because some people cant deal with the fact she died.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@darthfury78 said:

@angelalfonso said:

Cmon, that its a myth, Gwen wasnt Peter first anything, Marvel made the Myth of the perfect girl that Gwen was, in that myth it made her his first love, because some people cant deal with the fact she died.

Don't get me wrong i'm the biggest Gwen hater you could ever fin here,but truth is truth.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Peter point Betty Brant being his first love, he said this to Mary Jane.

The Amazing Spiderman 142, if i am right.

Of Course this was before Saint Gwen Stacy of Purity Science Heart was a thing.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: He had a crush on Betty, but he never went out with her or anything. Gwen was his girlfriend for many years and he even wanted to marry her, Peter went as far as trying to remove his powers so they could have a happy and normal life together (ofcourse his plan didn't work and instead he sprouted six arms). and that is something that he has never done for anyone else (not even MJ)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: He had a crush on Betty, but he never went out with her or anything. Gwen was his girlfriend for many years and he even wanted to marry her, Peter went as far as trying to remove his powers so they could have a happy and normal life together (ofcourse his plan didn't work and instead he sprouted six arms). and that is something that he has never done for anyone else (not even MJ)

This its about first love, not who was his first girlfriend.

Betty Brant was his first girlfriend and Peter said he loved Betty, she leave Peter.

Peter was more mature when he got in a relationship with Mary Jane and was another relationship.

The fact he came into a relationship after Gwen dying, the fact his life got into his past relationships, means Peter wasnt the same guy he was in the past.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: a crush is a crush, nothing more, like those little kids that have a crush with his elementary teacher

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

@deathpoolthet1000: a crush is a crush, nothing more, like those little kids that have a crush with his elementary teacher

After Mary Jane said no to Peter marriage thing, Betty kissed Peter.

That doesnt looks like a crush.
That doesnt looks like a crush.

Peter said he loved her.

FIRST!!!
FIRST!!!

He had problem about what he feels for her at that moment.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 99.99% sure Spider-Gwen will be in the mainstream universe after Secret Wars.

Everyone loves Spider-Gwen, but not the AoA Gwen Stacy who could be brought over to Earth-616 like Dark Beast and X-Man. Spider-Gwen needs to stay in her own universe.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is so good about Spider-Gwen. Maybe I am missing something, I only saw her for a few panels in the Spider-Verse. Books reference so I can learn more about her?

Also... if Spider Gwen comes to Main Marvel Universe. Chances of her sleeping with Norman Osborn again?