User Lists: 3

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@thor_parker82:

Sure. Especially now that he's not stupidly raving against Spider Man. He knows his secret identity and is now one of his closest allies. Best thing Chip Zdarsky ever did.

Plus even if he didn't knew Peter and Spider Man were the same, their hostile interactions and their back and forth banter is highly entertaining.

He is an essential element in Spider Man. The boss man, the critic and has become so synonymous that well, as I said, he's essential.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Thor-Parker

@ursaber: Yeah, more recent JJJ has been pretty good, in fact one of the best supporting characters IMO, but I was mostly asking about before he knew Spidey's identity, I'm mostly referring to his classic version pre 2000s.

It just seems to me that he had very likeable moments and some other very "hateable" moments, I mean, even in the 2000s he had plenty of jerk moments, the first that comes to mind is from Bendis' New Avengers when the team invites him for an interview and Spidey is very reluctant, but decides to accept, then the next day the Daily Bugle publishes some shit about the team, don't quite remember exactly what, but something not true and twisting the facts to suit his needs, like usual hehe.

I made this thread because I can't decide myself if I like his classic version or not, he had a lot of asshole moments, but he had also his fair share of likeable ones, so I want to see others' opinions.

I mean, as a character I like him a lot, he serves a purpose and makes for a lot of funny moments, I guess my question is if you like Jonah as a person as opposed to a supporting character that enriches the main character's stories, just look at Jonah alone.

I hope I explained myself in all that babbling.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I mean, as a character I like him a lot, he serves a purpose and makes for a lot of funny moments, I guess my question is if you like Jonah as a person as opposed to a supporting character that enriches the main character's stories, just look at Jonah alone.

I hope I explained myself in all that babbling.

I agree that he has a lot of relatable moments but even more hateable moments.

I liked him and disliked him. His crusade against Spider Man was a biased vendetta but out of it he is a good person.

And he's definitely a good character all on his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb95a9a712cb
deactivated-5bb95a9a712cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The current version is much more sympathetic than the one of the 60's.

The older version was nothing more than a jealous hypocrite. He was claiming that he is a sincere journalist while he didn't had any problems trushing Spider-Man (even after saving his son from certain death) and even giving a helping hand in the creation of many super powered criminals just because he was jealous of Spider-Man.

Pathetic!

Fat_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yup.