gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

This may not be the typical Silver Surfer comic you might have been expecting but man oh man is this something wonderful. Dan Slott is giving us a different take on Norrin Radd and it's great getting something different instead of the same old thing. By trying to save innocents, including Dawn Greenwood of Earth, we're seeing Norrin have to take a slightly different approach to things. Along the way, with the help of Mike Allred's art and Laura Allred's colors, we're seeing a huge number of different alien species. Each one makes us want to know more about them.

Slott and Allred make the perfect team. Both have a tendency to lighten things up. Slott's writing has plenty of humor but most is in a subtle way as to not make this appear to be a humor book. The Allreds' art and color simply brings a smile to my face.

What makes a book deeply rooted with cosmic ideas more down to earth is seeing Dawn's interactions with the Surfer. The traditionalist Silver Surfer fans may question the change we're seeing in this series but I would question how someone couldn't enjoy this comic. Even moments like when the Surfer is trying to convince people to listen to him or the "convenience" of the Power Cosmic, I couldn't help but snicker from time to time while enjoying the sheer nature of the story.

The Bad

The only real bad things is seeing a small minority complain this isn't the Silver Surfer book they want. We shouldn't have the same thing over and over. This is an enjoyable comic and how could someone not want that?

Although, did the Silver Surfer really say, "Nyuk! Nyuk!"? That, I'm not so sure about.

The Verdict

SILVER SURFER is becoming something special. Unlike past Surfer comics, Dan Slott and Mike Allred are giving us something different. Something that will keep you on the edge of your seat during the action scenes and make you laugh in between. Along with Laura Allred's colors, this is a comic that takes you away from where ever you're at when you're reading. It allows you to get pulled into the story and you can just sit back and have a great time. That's exactly the sort of comic we need from time to time. "To me, my board!" You'll never look at the Silver Surfer the same way again.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Toomie

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I guess some people take issue in the Silver Surfer being a fun book with some silly humor. Not everything has to be ultra dark and serious. I have found each issue getting better and I really enjoy the new take Slott and Allred are making.

derdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

I really want this for Allred's retro-cool art!

dkmark96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bad

G-man saying is bad some "minority" doesn't like this series. Come on!. This is a review about Silver Surfer #3, so I think you should focus on that.

I liked issue #1 but not enough to stay in my pull list.

dkmark96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bad

G-man saying is bad some "minority" doesn't like this series. Come on!. This is a review about Silver Surfer #3, so I think you should focus on that.

I liked issue #1 but not enough to stay in my pull list.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

@dkmark96: Sorry. It's my review and that's a bad thing about the series. I loved the issue and gave it a 5/5. What else would you want me to say in this section?

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

Clearly ...Power Cosmic

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

This issue had some of the best banter in comics this week.

frankcal460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this series. It gives me this huge Doctor Who vibe.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer is secretly Reggie Mantle. Nyuk nyuk nyuk :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

My opinion on this book did a 180. I now love it, because power cosmic.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That Three Stooges reference made me laugh unexpectedly. Surfer must have caught an episode or two while Kirby and Buscema had him stuck on Earth. This series is pretty great so far but I'm still a bit weary about the whole Doctor Dawn-na angle ripped out of a certain other sci-fi series. I agree that the tone isn't exactly what I'd want in a Silver Surfer book but it seems like a lot of fun so I'll stick with it.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big silver surfer reader, I've been loving this series so far but an oddity for me is the way the surfer speaks, has he always had a speech pattern that was so human?

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm, really digging the art in this series.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 owie  Moderator

Eh, I guess I'm in this small minority, because it's not working for me. Partly that's because it's out of character for Surfer, but I also just feel uninterested. It's kind of funny, and kind of sweet, but it just feels empty to me somehow. Like it's reaching for some big deep thing, but isn't actually fulfilling that. Obviously others think it is, which is fine, but this just went nowhere for me.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Although, did the Silver Surfer really say, "Nyuk! Nyuk!"? That, I'm not so sure about."

I'm really enjoying the series, so don't get me wrong, but this moment was so entirely cringe-worthy. I had to actually put the book down for a moment to recuperate.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blackice709

toomie xD