Fontaine_Famille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fontaine_Famille
No Caption Provided

Space is a pretty place. It’s got worlds covered in nothing but beautiful flowers, others with sprawling metropolises painted across its surface. There’s the shining knights, the dashing rogues, and even the odd pilgrim here and there. Then there’s the bad guys. The scumbags, opportunists, jerks, racists, savage warrior races, pirate, slavers, space cartels, and, hell, even a funny-looking Rekezian with a thing for carving out eyeballs. And, of course, there’s the third category. The handsome, charming, slightly morally ambiguous spacer trying to eke out an existence among the stars.

And then there’s me. Sylus Raahon, seasoned spacer, smuggler, salvager, and trader on some occasions. I’ve a woman in every port and a boat fast enough to carry me wherever I need to go.

The Whitefall

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

My baby, the Whitefall. A medium-sized cargo freighter that sacrifices any and all armaments for the sake of maximizing speed and durability. It's one of the fastest boats in the galaxy, more than capable of disappearing from galactic law enforcement before they can even do so much as hail the ship. We've been through hell and back together, and the ‘ol girl still holds up like the first day I got her.

The Quarters

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not very big, but they’ve got everything a person could need. Decent bed, toilet, even a sink. And running power! Seriously, you’d be surprised how many ships don’t have running power in their crew quarters.

The Kitchen

No Caption Provided

The amount of food here tends to vary depending on the length of time in between our stops at port, but there’s enough to go around. Got a full dining area, sink, stuff that any normal kitchen on a spaceship should have (you’d think the terms normal and spaceship would be mutually exclusive, wouldn’t you?).

The Engine Room

No Caption Provided

The heart of the ship. Without her, the boat would just be a floating hunk of metal. There’s not much space in here, and it’s usually hot as hell, and.. watch your step. I’m pretty sure that there’s a slagrat or two running around.

The Med Bay

No Caption Provided

Hoo boy. I’ve been in here more times than I’d like. Full suite of medical (and surgical) equipment, though we don’t have a doctor capable of operating half of ‘em with any efficiency. Still, this room is responsible for saving our asses if one of us goes and gets shot in someplace sensitive.

The Cockpit

No Caption Provided

A.K.A., the place where I begrudgingly pilot this boat (really need to get on finding a pilot..).

The Crew

Bit of a rag-tag bunch, but we make it work, and who knows, maybe we'll even get to toleratin' each other.

RULES!

OOC:

• No fights. If you start them, I get the mods after the second warning.
  • This is a drama-free thread. For consequences of starting it, see rule one.
  • Kindly follow the site’s rules, ‘kay?

IC:

• No unauthorized fights beyond minor brawls. I can understand starting something over a disagreement, but you keep it to a fistfight. Anything else needs to be run by me.
  • No destroying the ship, or any part of it, without authorization.
  • No godmodding, no autohitting, and you must sell in this thread. No-sellers will either be ignored, or received a series of snarky comments from myself.
  • Try not to just insert yourself into interactions that seem private. If people are having a little moment, don't throw their plan to hell by jumping in without asking first. Just a common courtesy. General interactions are fine, really, but let people have their little private IC moments if they're running them.

Above all, have fun.

This is an open-roleplay interaction thread, but please have a reason for being here. It's a ship flying around in space, not really public knowledge.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Harper_

Beatrice sat on her bed, time to time taking a drag of her cigarette. She adored the living quarters, it was small, dark, and pretty quiet for the most part. if it wasn't for that vision, she wouldn't have found this awesome chance, higher powers or not, she wanted this. When she was young she wrote constantly about crazy adventures in space, though of course she would never admit it now, but she was geeking out a bit on the inside a bit. With a glance over to her typewriter that was on the table, the desk light shined on the worn black casing, she sighed. Beatrice knew that the visions would still come to her, no matter how far out she traveled into the cosmos, they will always call upon her to "do the right thing"...Would the crew be ready too?

_Strigidae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Strigidae_

Well. . .

_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Kafir_

The Keresh Outcast, Former Commando Vatok Tarr surveys his and Andromeda's room, he had no doubt that his lover and wife to be would add her own personal touch, but until she arrived he set about unpacking his few worldly possessions. A small assortment of clothing and various tactical gear he'd been allowed to keep from his day's in the infamous Vanguard, A few weapons of various origins, a handful of photographs of himself and other soldiers as well as one of himself and Andy a few months prior. Convince everything was in it's proper place the ex-soldier exited the room, making his way to the kitchen.

Sylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sylus

Sylus was idly sitting around in the cargo bay, his ass in a chair and his feet propped up on one of the many crates secured in the hold. He had a rifle in his hands and was staring at a small crevice in the wall.

_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Kafir_

@Sylus: Walking into the cargo bay with a sandwich in his hand, pistol strapped to his thigh the Keresh Outcast looks from the captain to the spot on the wall he was watching like the Troglidaks on his homeworld used to watch Keresh settlers who'd wandered to far from their settlement. "Slagrats?"

Sylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sylus

@_Kafir_: "Huge one. He's been sitting in that hole right there." When he thought he saw movement, he shifted his rifle into a firing position.. but moved it back when it was revealed to be a false alarm. "Caught him getting into the food supply and chased him back here."

_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Kafir_

@Sylus: "They were a problem on the larger troop transports the Keresh Navy uses to ferry troops around, little pest used to naw on the power cables." Taking a bite from his sandwich, focusing on the spot. "I can get it out of there if you want..." Holding up his free hand, fingers extended and spread, electricity arching between each digit.

Sylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sylus

@_Kafir_: "Oh, no, this is much more satis-" The rat darted out from the crevice. Barely a moment later, Sylus had the rifle in his hands and was firing off a shot. The massive rodent's head was blown clean off, leaving a headless corpse on the cargo bay floor. "Much more satisfying."

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Harper_

@Sylus: @_Kafir_: Beatrice popped her head out of a service hatch on the ceiling, upside down. "Ok so im not the only one seeing these rats crawling around right?" She asked while raising her black eyebrow.

_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Kafir_

@Sylus: @TheRumor: "Nice shot..." Nodding approvingly before glancing over his shoulder. "Their everywhere, it's normal. Although there's quite a large number for a ship this size."

Sylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sylus

@TheRumor: "Best to think of them as unwanted residents, less annoying that way." He called up to her. "Just shoot them if you see them!"

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Harper_

@Sylus: @_Kafir_: "Yeah about that, I left my space gun in my other jacket..But really I was barely affording an apartment, I don't have a weapon.." The oracle gave a "figures" face before looking back at them.

Sylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sylus

@TheRumor: "Just.. check my room. Should be an extra one layin' around."

@_Kafir_: "Nonsense. It's a perfectly healthy number. They just happen to be a lot.. bigger."

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Harper_

@TheRumor: After a pause, she brings her head back up and vanishes.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Harper_

@Sylus: This time B came into the hold the normal way, brandishing what looked like a hefty revolver. "Now this one I like!" She said with a grin.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fottiti

Ey, you guys didn't get any good luckies....Until now.

Good luckie. I mean it. Not just standard, either. I know how hard it is to get something going and keep it going, and I hope you do well. I mean, I've never done so, but I have an idea how hard it is.

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti said:

Ey, you guys didn't get any good luckies....Until now. Good luckie. I mean it. Not just standard, either. I know how hard it is to get something going and keep it going, and I hope you do well. I mean, I've never done so, but I have an idea how hard it is.

Here's to hoping it doesn't end up like Grimm Squad.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: I'm sorry. Like who?
_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Kafir_

Where's Mercy >_>

Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Grimm Squad. A BTVS-styled team me and Trip/Ash_Walmer tried to do about a month back. Fizzled out barely a few days after it'd started.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By _Harper_

@Sam_Heller said:

@Fottiti said:

Ey, you guys didn't get any good luckies....Until now. Good luckie. I mean it. Not just standard, either. I know how hard it is to get something going and keep it going, and I hope you do well. I mean, I've never done so, but I have an idea how hard it is.

Here's to hoping it doesn't end up like Grimm Squad.

Removes hat in respects*

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: Must've been a while back, because I haven't seen that guy around (for the times I've been around recently and had been around, which was more frequently)
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: I'd say it was about a month, month and a half ago. And he's been around, just moved over to Harbingers.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: So he left ya ass? C'mon Sam, let's go and teach this fckin' b!tch a lesson!

Nah, he's alright. I've just been listening to a lot of the Dirty Dozen lately, and that line's been in my head all day.
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: It was mostly my fault, anyways.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller:  Aaah, hey, you got this. So it's all good now.

What's BTVS?
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: Oh. But other than that, the torture business is good?
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Where did you get torture from that? >_>

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: Nah, your characters. Or are you being nice to them for a change?
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Oh. Eh.. taking a break from it, at least involuntarily. Cupid's Hollow-Point is stalling behind a bit, and I haven't gotten any good ideas to screw with my characters. Hell, I'm taking a break from Amelia entirely.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: That's cool. Sammy's also awesome. Good to see and all, and maybe not all depressed and tortured and all.
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Well, she's happy right now. Sort of.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: What's going on Sam? Do I need to show up, get to know you real quick so I have a reason, then shoot somebody?
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: By all means, go nuts. She'll probably already be hammered by the time you get there, though.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: Hammered? What's going on? There something I don't know about?
Sam_Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sam_Heller

@Fottiti: Too lazy to explain it.. but just her freaking out over something. Getting drunk is a natural kneejerk response.

Fottiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fottiti
@Sam_Heller: I don't understand what's going on here.

Oh, wait, I see you there. Nightclubs.
Avatar image for glitch_in_the_system
Glitch_in_the_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glitch, hero of the ironstar civil war, had stumbled across the ship while he traveled around space in his little heavy gunship, of course it was a craft built for machines that were on average, half as tall as humans, and it rather predictably ran out of fuel for another hyperspace jump.  Of course, being a robot meant that being trapped in space wasn't a death sentence, so he waited until this one freighter passed by.  He sent a distress signal and he and his little ship were picked up.   Of course, he was surprised to find more organics, not believing they even existed just a year ago, but him and his heavily armed but escape pod sized gunship were glad to be brought in.   He stayed in the engine room, which was a perfect place for him given his diminuitive size and mechanical nature.   He would have offered to pilot the ship, but the controls were all sized for human sized creatures, and he wasn't sure that the rest of the crew would be fine with him using his technopathy to fly the ship.

_Kafir_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By _Kafir_

Sits in the cockpit gazing out at the stars, looking out at the vast sea of stars until he found it... at the tip of Chal'konen's Fist... the solar constellation containing two dozen Keresh Systems, a small, faint star was visible. All those billions of lightyears away... on a hellish planetoid... was home. He hadn't seen it in years...

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By _Harper_

B sat on the edge of one of the windows in the ship while enjoying a cigarette.

_Strigidae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By _Strigidae_

KNEW I was forgetting something!

Gets into an unauthorized blaster fight where a shot goes right through Vatok's head, exploding it and killing him, and it just so happens that it also hit the ship's self-destruct button, blowing it up.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By _Zombie_

@Anessia said:

KNEW I was forgetting something!

Gets into an unauthorized blaster fight where a shot goes right through Vatok's head, exploding it and killing him, and it just so happens that it also hit the ship's self-destruct button, blowing it up.

Oh, you!

*god-mods her into a fiery death*

_Strigidae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By _Strigidae_
@ZombieBigfoot

Dies a horrible fiery death, heart-wrenching screams ringing out even through the void of space.

No Caption Provided

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Zombie_

@Anessia: *Sips kool-aid, enjoying the death-throes*

_Strigidae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Strigidae_
@ZombieBigfoot: How can you say that!? 

This is unheard of! I don't even. . .You know what, I can't. . .I just can't. . .
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By _Zombie_

@Anessia: *pets her head* You'll get better. It's OOC, after all.

_Strigidae_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By _Strigidae_
@ZombieBigfoot: I will not! That's never not worked before! And now you mean to show me I'm losing my touch!? I can never get better now!
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Zombie_

@Anessia: Nonsense, you haven't lost your touch. I'm just immune to it.