• 122 results
The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Warmaster

"As I present this to the esteemed board of directors of the British Museum, I must warn them of the substantial gaps in time between these discoveries. It seemed that Nekhamis has suffered the unexplained fate of sinking to the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea for nearly 5,000 years before it mysterious reappeared not too long ago, conjuring with it various walking corpses living their lives as if nothing happened. It seems to me that the Nekhaman people are still in their old world, oblivious to the technological and sociological changes around them. This would be extraordinarily interesting if their leader - this 'god-king' Araghor, Son of the Comet - did not believe himself so high and mighty as to declare the living unfit to set foot on that island. Regardless of the circumstances involved, I will journey to Nekhamis unaccompanied. If I am to die, then I am to die in the name of historical preservation. I will not let this marvelous civilization go unheard-of for another 5,000 years.

Footnotes of interest to the British museum:

? BC to ~6,000 BC: unrecorded history. Perhaps originally nomadic, the Nekhamans pry their borders. They discover the Mediterranean Sea and make their first boats, looking for land. They were perhaps persecuted or hated by neighboring societies. For what reason I do not understand, but they were intrigued greatly by the sea as the reader will soon come to learn in future notes.

~6,000 BC to ~4,500 BC: based on artifacts my team and I have found, the Nekhamans possessed a civilization much in the likeness of Babylon, Mesopotamia, as well as Egypt. The translators on my team have argued incessantly about the actual English interpretation of the Nekhaman hieroglyphics. Perhaps they chiseled something similar to the Rosetta Stone and we have not found it yet? These are all speculations based entirely on what the Nekhamans have left in northern Africa and what has drifted ashore from the actual island of Nekhamis once it rose from the depths.

~4,500 BC to ~3,000 BC: there seems to have been a schism between the Nekhaman people. Those who wished to continue serving the god-king remained on their island. Those who followed the gods sailed back to the mainland. The roots of ancient Egypt are easy to see at this point. But afterwards, all record of Nekhamis is lost. This must have been when it sank into the sea.

Places and monuments of the Nekhaman people:

Jade, blue quartz, and gold were extensively integrated into the Nekhaman building structure, lending to a unique and absolutely stunning blend of color when one looks upon their constructions and especially their streets and roads. Many weaving patterns betray the pattern of peacock feathers and roaring rivers. Every settlement on the island is a work of art, painstakingly made by the most skilled of artisans many thousands of years ago.

• The Great Dockyards are the first and foremost of Nekhamis' wonders. Ships as long as the Titanic and as imposing as a Greek trireme sail in and out of these ports on a daily basis, floating to unknown and distant lands looking for friendly coasts to trade upon in an endless cycle of their bygone daily routines.
  • The Fountain of Akkash is found in every major Nekhaman city or town. Usually forming an epicenter of sorts, the fountains are made entirely out of gold and bubble with crystal-clear water.
  • The Hanging Gardens of Eppon are the exclusive property of the god-king and his closest companions. I have only caught a fleeting glimpse in the distance, but they are based on the highest point of Araghor's palace and extend down nearly to the middle of his acropolis home, lending clues to its great size. Even the unkempt vines bear gorgeous fruit and flowers of any and all possible color.
  • The Colossi of Natho are a series of statues dictating the boundaries of Nekhamis along a solid ring of rock entrenched in the Mediterranean Sea that surrounds Nekhamis and about a thousand yards outward in every direction. The Colossi are indeed monstrous in size and even more so in appearance, making up a variety of human hybrids with animals found on Nekhamis ranging from peacocks to crocodiles and even jackals, falcons, snakes, and a seldom few insects. All of them bear a weapon whether it is a curved halberd, a large two-handed ax, an imposing trident and net, a scimitar and tower shield, or a bow with arrows the size of jousting lances. They are all posed as if they are ready to defend Nekhamis from invaders. In all, there are 367 of such statues.

Unfortunately, these are all of the marvels I have been able to record from various shores at various distances. What lies on the Nekhaman mainland may yet stay there for all time. But I will not let that stop me."

The last written words of Professor Arthur B. Hobbes, investigator into the archaeological find of the century: a civilization previously unknown to mankind

Rules:

• Typical CVnU guidelines.
  • Absolutely no destruction of important monuments without consulting me first. Destruction of other, less important things is fine as long as it is done within reason.
  • The undead inhabitants of Nekhamis are continuing their daily lives from 5,000 years ago. They will most likely ignore you and go about their business as weird zombie people.
  • Araghor along with a select few of his elite bodyguard, harem, and advisory staff are able to be interacted with without interfering with the idea that this is basically Pompeii if Pompeii could walk and talk in front of us.
  • Please sell the guards you come across. They're undead, not living, and won't be incapacitated as easily.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

(Sweet! CVNU needs more magic based areas like this. I might have a character for this place...)

Emerge_In_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Emerge_In_C

^ I agree with the man above. Nice job here.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By shanana

Wow that was a nice read, I felt like I was reading an actual journal lol. I don't have any magic based character, but I do have a relic hunter. That might be interested in some studies here

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Warmaster

@Decoy Elite:

(Bring 'em on :D)

@Emerge_In_C:

Thanks!

@Ziccarra_Liafador:

That would be perfect. Feel free to start something whenever you want to :)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Araghor_Roxom: (Would the citizenship react differently to someone who is undead due to a different magic then what effects them?)

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Warmaster

@Decoy Elite:

Yes, more than likely in a negative way.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Harper_

With a burst of colors and light, Rumor was standing ontop of a monument of some kind, brushing his teeth with his eyes closed. Upon spitting out the toothpaste on the top of the statue, he yawned and opened his eyes, pausing to look around. "Oh..well this isn't the Knightfalls bathroom...Or is it? Cause this would be taking the whole museum thing a little to far.." Rumor chuckled before crating a pair of blue jeans to wear and looked down the side of the massive monument. "Hello..? 'Ello' 'llo' 'lo'..." His voice echoed out in what seemed to be an abandoned tome.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@Araghor_Roxom: (If it's alright with you, one side of the Griffin Cube was crafted in Nekhamis)

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Warmaster

@batkevin74:

Don't even know what that is, but okay! :D

Want to make it canon and have an interaction with the Nekhaman god-king?

@TheRumor:

The yawning tomb opened up into a bustling metropolis. Only, the people there were mummified - and still moving around. Carrying woven baskets on their heads, ferrying farm animals back and forth, guiding beasts of burden, selling jewelry and bartering goods...

It seemed like the Rumor had finally cracked the time barrier and traveled back to an Earth more than 5,000 years in the past. Yet the fact remained that all of these people were corpses, walking talking corpses. All leads pointed to the imposing palace near the center of the massive city.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: "Well that's..Neat.." Rumor said with raised brow, stepping into the city of the dead, and the damned. He stood out instantly, his bright and colorful jacket was like a sore thumb among the worn out and dusty look of everything else. The Rumor, as mad as he is, was not shaken by all of this, it was in his nature after all. Tapping on the shoulder bones of one of the villagers, he cleared his throat to ask. "Uhh hey, mind telling me where exactly this is?".

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Warmaster

@TheRumor:

The villager casually ignores the man, walking past him continuing her business as per usual. It is at this moment that a pair of soldiers look toward the still living man and start chatting in Nekhaman, discussing whether or not to capture him. They decide to investigate if he is causing trouble in the first place and march in his direction.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: "Ah! Finally someone of authority!...At least I think.." Rumor waved over at the soldiers, being his mad self and not thinking whether or not they are meaning harm or not.

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Warmaster

@TheRumor:

The Nekhaman warriors start interrogating the mysterious man, their dead language vaguely similar to Arabic while still maintaining a sense of national identity.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: "I uh..." Rumor scratched his head, not understanding the undead soldiers. "Im guessing you guys don't speak basic..".

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Warmaster

@TheRumor:

The more senior of the two, as evidenced by the crest on his helmet, orders the less experienced one to gather more troops. He runs off to a barracks further down the street. Meanwhile, the officer glares at the living organism in front of him.

"ما هو عملك هنا? أو باللغة الخاصة بك ... What is...the business of yours...here? On our land? Are you lost like child?" the officer struggled with English, having only marginal experience in dealing with English sailors traveling into Nekhaman ports looking for trade. The docks were much different territory than the Nekhaman mainland, however. There, humans were free to trade and walk openly. They were forbidden to set foot on Nekhaman soil under pain of death.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: "Im lost like...Me, not a child..Well to you guys I suppose I seem like a child because..Well you all look pretty damn old, but im pretty old myself. So im just going to mosey along now if you don't mind.." Rumor gave a nod and a smirk before attempting to walk further past the soldiers.

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Warmaster

@TheRumor:

"You should not be here," the officer said, extending his arm outwards in order to bar the traveler from going any further. "Nekhaman soil is on the soles of your shoes. Nekhaman air fills your lungs. You must be brought to the god-king for trial. You have committed a great crime."

The officer nods toward the tomb the traveler emerged from.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: "Alright then..Well this misadventure has taken a nasty turn.." Rumor said as he swatted the arm away and raised his hands in the air, jacket flashing maddening colors that floated about in the air. Finally the colors attacked Rumor with a flash of light, making him vanish. Though it looked like he was gone for good, the madness only took him up atop a roof, peering down where he just was.

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Warmaster

@TheRumor:

"العثور على الدخيل! إرسال كلمة إلى القصر!" The officer yelled to his gathered subordinates, a battalion of skeletal warriors assembled before him in gold armor. They spread across the city in a simultaneously synchronized and maddening search. The officer remains behind, arm outstretched. An undead falcon screeches and lands on his gnarled forearm. He gives the bird secret instructions before sending it skyward again. The commotion does not go unnoticed. A chariot carrying one of the god-king's emissaries roars down from the palace gates and into the main city, leaving a cloud of dust in its wake.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

The young scientist walked about the city, there was a great sense of wonder in the place, the dead walked uncaring of the living that trespassed through their gates. There would no doubt be those who would use this chance to analyze their culture, but the scientist wasn’t one of them. He hunted for a piece of knowledge that he felt was much more important. He looks, around the locals all giving him horrible looks as he passes by. “Fascinating” Albert Ventum said, a small smile on his face.

Avatar image for deactivated-603268e0997d9
deactivated-603268e0997d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Setting foot on the recently ascended location, the megalomaniacal Desert Messiah arrives with undeniable ambitious intent. The commencement of an immoral age of evil was an impending event, seeking to accelerate it, Malum seeks out a most distinct individual.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: Rumor observes just how serious these people were about their soil. "What have I gotten myself into now??" He mumbled while rubbing his face. "Oh well..Im outta' here.." Rumor exclaimed before using the madness to teleport, however...He didn't at all. "Oh..Great..Just great..The madness wants me to stay here, but why? It's just a bunch of bones!".

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

A soldier stops the professor from completely ascending the stairs into the main city. He seems intent on keeping him on the dockyards. The scowl on his half-rotten face proves it.

@Malum:

An emissary of the god-king strides to meet the Omen. He bows graciously, knowing the importance of the man in front of him, but not submitting himself fully as he would do later at the feet of his lord and master. Instead, he straightens up and meets the traveler in the eyes.

"Welcome to Nekhamis. We have been...expecting you."

@TheRumor:

The winds grow from a silent whisper to a furious howl, taking offense at the intruder's comment. The very nature of the island seems to bend him towards the palace, where a mysterious power almost glares at him.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum gives the guard a warm smile. "Ah, one second." He pulls out a small flask and hands it to the guard. "Drink." He says making a drinking motion. His face was calm and peaceful, as always.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Araghor_Roxom: Taking subtle note of the respectful nature of the greeting, the Omen responds, "Then you know why I am here", his purpose presented quite a degree of importance. "Inevitable, wouldn't you agree?".

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

The soldier takes the canteen into his gnarled hand, investigating the futuristic device with prying eyes and fingers. He pours what seems to be normal drinking water out on the ground. He mutters something in his native language and confiscates the device.

@Malum:

"It is not for me to decide, my lord," the emissary replies, gesturing towards a chariot pulled by three undead horses. Pieces of rotted flesh still clung to their weathered bones, strengthened by age and ready to pull any load along any distance. The chariot itself is laden with gold and inscribed with runes of protection and good luck for the rider. A banner proclaiming a guest of the god-king flies above them.

"It is the business of gods."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Araghor_Roxom: "Of gods? Then The Omen understands", a subtle self-proclamation of his supposed divinity. Nodding in a voiceless farewell towards the emissary, the Desert Messiah mounts the chariot, the intent of meeting the infamous Araghor, circulating in his ancient, knowledgeable mind.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Smoke rises from the water, it drips with dark power. "That's a shame, I was hoping to see how their bodies reacted to outside magic." Ventum shrugged, there were plenty of other test subjects.

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Warmaster

@Malum:

"إلى القصر!" The emissary shouts to the horses. They scream with an unearthly wail and bolt off at breakneck speed up the hill and to the palace that makes up the monumental epicenter of Eppon, the God-King's City, and largest of the cities on Nekhamis. A good while passes before they are within sight of the main gates of the palace. The undead horses instinctively start to slow down to a complete stop. The elite guards speak to the giant statues, further examples of the Colossi of Natho, in their dead language. The giants spread their crossed halberds apart, revealing the blindingly brilliant glow of the massive golden doors, inscribed with praises to a foreign and unknown serpent god as well as mysterious hieroglyphics depicting the deeds of the beginning of the universe. They open wide to an impossible large antechamber completely burnished in gold. As soon as the Omen passes these heavenly doors, they close behind him and are locked from the outside again by the Colossi.

Here, he is guided by two lines of palace guards facing each other along a broad carpet of imported red silk. A series of imposing fire pits light his way, each flicker of flame reflected off the glimmering surface of the wall, floor, and ceiling around him. Finally, the path ends as the guards salute their god-king and kneel, indicating for the Omen to do the same. Araghor sits on a large stone chair, his wives lined at his feet with a translator standing behind him as well as flanked by another pair of guards - his most trusted warriors - holding halberds and tower shields. The lich emperor is adorned with impressive gold jewelry and the pits of his eyes glow with an unnatural power.

He is ready to listen if the Omen would only prepare to abide by the ancient traditions of his country.

@DrAlbertVentum:

Upon hearing the word 'magic,' the soldier explodes into a fury and unsheathes his curved scimitar, holding the sharpened end mere centimeters away from the doctor's jugular. He curses at the living man in his dead language, shouting for others to help arrest him.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum didn't bat an eye, he continued to try and communicate with the native while being threatened. "You understood a word there. Which one? Demon? No. Hmm, magic then is it?" He smiled.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Araghor_Roxom: As the guards gestured for him to kneel before the undead monarch, a slight chuckle escaped the colossal frame of Malum. While the act would directly conflict with his superiority complex and arrogance, he was an ancient being who's desire and ambition for power and knowledge greatly outweighed his smug tendencies. "A god bowing before a god. Interesting", he uttered, respectfully kneeling before the imposing lich emperor. The Desert Messiah waits for Araghor to speak, there was much to be discussed.

_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Harper_

@Araghor_Roxom: After gripping the situation, Rumor finally decides the place to go is the center of the city, the palace. With a leap of faith, the reality warper dives right into a carriage of hay, the carriage itself heading straight for where The rumor was intending to go.

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

The undead warrior hissed, suspecting the professor of mischief through his continued use of the hated word. He inched the razor-sharp sword closer to the mortal's throat.

@Malum:

Araghor continued to look down on the Omen from his throne, chin cradled on the knuckles of his fist. His translator whispered to him, explaining the Omen's statement in full. The lich emperor nodded and bade the adviser to stand back as he addressed the man personally.

"لا يتكلم اللغة الأحياء. كنت إهانة لي عندما كنت تفعل. أتكلم لغتي وأعطي الاستماع لك."*

*("Do not speak the language of the living. You insult me by doing so. Speak my language and I shall listen to you.")

@TheRumor:

Once the cart makes its way to the top of the acropolis, it is stopped by a pair of palace guards. They begin to inspect the cargo by stabbing it thoroughly with their halberds before they allow it to go to the stables.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: "You seem to be under the impression that I'm afraid." Ventum gave the poor undead solder a malevolent glare. "I have come here to learn the secret of your magic and this blade will not stop me." He quietly slipped out a scalpel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Araghor_Roxom: Somewhat entertained by the undead monarch's antics, Malum was quick to rise to his feet, standing to his full height, arms regally folded behind his back. With characteristic self-assurance, the Desert Messiah addresses Araghor, "كيف تطالب. لقد جئت مع حرف الجر. سأكون موجزا وإلى هذه النقطة. الانضمام لي في سعيي لتدمير الأخلاق والكذب تحقيق الغزو العالمي (How demanding. I have come with a preposition. I will be brief and to the point. Join me in my quest to destroy the lie of morality and achieve global conquest)", he paused, "هل تريد شيئا في المقابل لا شك فيه. ما هو؟ (You will want something in return no doubt. What is it?)".

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

A priestly fellow marches up to the congregation of soldiers around the professor. They back away slowly as he advances toward Albert.

"You would do better to speak with me than to consult with them. They are protecting their land. I am the one responsible for recording its history."

@Malum:

Araghor furrowed his hairless brow.

"وأين هي الهدايا الخاصة بك عن مثل هذا التحالف? (And where are your gifts for such an alliance?)" the god-king asked in reference to the ancient tradition of foreign monarchs paying him tribute for even considering stepping foot in his throne room.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum put away his scalpel and turned to the new arrival. "Ah, so you must be the man that discovered this place." The rage he once had was gone from his face once more. "They seem to understand some English. Fascinating, isn't it?"

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

"I would not say 'discovered,' friend," the man said with a chuckle. His pale cheeks still had the indication of a rosy color. This man still lived.

"Yes, they understand basic English. They hate hearing it addressed to any of the locals, though. It insults them deeply. I beg your pardon, I have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Arthur Hobbes. I am one of the god-king's translators as well as his only link to the world of the living."

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum shook his hand. "Very good to meet you Mr.Hobbes. I'm Doctor Albert Ventum. I've come to Nekhamis for very important research, I think this place has quite a bit of potential." He gave a grin. "I think I can figure out the secret to their unlife."

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

"Well," Arthur said with a raised pair of eyebrows. "That's quite the mission. A very dangerous one, however. The Nekhamans do not like to be disturbed and take quite an offense to those who pry too deeply into their affairs - as you have seen. There are far more dangerous things here than scimitars and harsh words, though. I would be careful if I were you."

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum gave a dark smile. "I'm not afraid of a few swords. No, I must persist, tell me is their a way to learn their language?"

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

"It is a form of Arabic no longer used in today's world, a language that dates back more than 3,000 years ago. Very difficult to find record of."

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: Ventum nodded. "Would it be possible that you could translate for me, maybe bring me to this god king of theirs."

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

"Translate - yes. A meeting with the god-king, I'm afraid, is almost impossible."

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: "Well my friend, you will soon see that the impossible is not that difficult to obtain with the right amount of determination." Ventum said with a laugh as he headed for the nearest guard. "Now then, ask him if he's ever heard of Valir."

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

Arthur nodded and walked up to the guard.

"هل سمعت من Valir؟"

The undead warrior shook his head.

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: "Ah, so this place is completely unconnected to the magic arts of the old king...." Ventum mumbled to himself, planning his next move. "Ask him how they are kept alive."

The_Warmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Warmaster

@DrAlbertVentum:

"I can already tell you that we would have to go into the tombs for that sort of information. They're off-limits to anyone who is not Nekhaman."

DrAlbertVentum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DrAlbertVentum

@Araghor_Roxom: "Ask him anyway. I don't care about right or wrong, I just want to know what they think is keeping them alive."