KOV Round 1: Miss Menace VS. Longshot

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By .Longshot.

A swirling torrent stood in the abysmal night. It glowed with a strange light that somehow filled the world around it in perpetual darkness. Beyond this archway was what any man could consider hell. Before this portal stood a man, staring into the hypnotizing swirls of the portal. This was Longshot, a young and, in many ways, foolhardy crime fighter. He had yet to be humbled in the grand scale of the universe. He had heard of a tournament where the greatest warriors on earth would fight for honor, pride, and of course, the title. He had heard many crime fighters and high profile criminals had signed up and relished the opportunity. Judging by the popularity of this tournament amongst the underground organized crime rings, he would become instantly more intimidating if he won and they knew that the greatest warrior on earth was on their tail. If he didn't win, he'd die. What could go wrong? But Longshot had no idea just how big this tournament was. He had heard "Greatest Warriors in the World" not "Greatest Warriors in the Universe". He wasn't a match to the physical prowess of most of earth's fighters, but at least he stood a chance. When he stepped into the cosmic fighting circuit, he was far out of his weight class. The archer bowed his head, holding his duffel bag at his side containing extra equipment. "Crap." he sighed with utter malaise, "No turning back now, I guess." And with that, the Crimson Archer jumped through the portal and set foot off-planet for the first time in his entire life.  

Immediately upon reaching the other side, Longshot tapped his forehead "Damn! I forgot my toothbrush!" He looked up in awe to see a heavily clouded night sky of vibrant, yet dark colors. It looked like a random array of paints strewn across a canvas and covered in a thin veneer of black. He had never seen a world so macabre and yet so stunningly beautiful. He walked down a gentle rock slope and looked below to see, oddly enough, a reconstruction of a Victorian chapel surrounded by a small village. Gas lamps illuminated the grey cobblestone roads and not a soul was about. It was perfect down to the last detail, other then that it was void of life, as if deserted for centuries. Longshot shrugged, "Coulda been Detroit." he whispered snidely and swiftly leaped from one rock to another, landing gracefully inside the village.  

Longshot wandered down the road, feeling uneasy, as though the fight was going to start abruptly and a silent opponent would come up from behind and gut him. But he stilled his frightened heart. His senses, acute and enhanced beyond human capability, saw, heard and smelled nothing to resemble human life, at least not yet. He moved cautiously, taking the good precaution to stick to the shadows. He ducked inside the church and gently shut the massive wood and iron door behind him. Light from the dark grey moon poured in, grated through the stained glass windows. The lights cast elegant shadows across the lefthand pews and Longshot looked up to see various depictions of angels and saints, none of which would find this place home. His footsteps echoed up into the rafters up above as he walked to the podium. "Easy, Pax..." he whispered, "No need to die round one." He dropped his duffel bag behind the podium and readied himself for the battle to come. Behind him was a towering pipe organ, massive metal tubes raising high above to the ceiling. He thought of a way to use that, not knowing his first opponent drew near.

Miss Menace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Miss Menace

Candy’s apartment 4:15 am. Mephisto’s Altair.

“Hello my dear......I need you to listen well.” An oh so familiar voiced hissed from the statue of the oh so familiar lord of lies. Candy hovered just a few feet off the floor, eyes shut, appearance in total dismay. Called out sleep for the conversation, now lost in mediation. She responded, but not with words, with her mind. “ I hear and obey my Father.” Candy waited with anticipation for her god to speak to her once more.

“I need for you get your pretty hands dirty.”A slight sense of joy arose in his speech. “I desire you to enter a ....” struggled minor second to find the right word. “ Metahuman tournament” Normally she would have question that statement, any one would, she dare not to, all will be elaborated on. “ I seek souls.” “You will scout the combatants for the best candidates.” “You know your fate if you fail.” His voice was gone. The staff of the Night Mother appeared in her lap. Opening her eyes, irises glowed with blood red and fades back to the normal sky blue. Then a small but luminescent flash, lit up the pure ebony room. She was now dolled up in her normal attire

It was on.

Ghost town, Night time.

Hand, tightly clinched on the base of the staff. Gliding, just a few feet over the bleak, gray, deserted city. This was the local of the first and last round for her unlucky opponent. Longshot. Candy didn't know or needed to know, much on him. “Some fancy pants archer..with a bag of tricks.” She scoffed to herself. No bid deal to the princess of arcana. The chilled air breezed around her equally frozen face. Not even the rare wonder of flight could change her steely expression.

Flying around for moments on end. She stopped and landed, just behind him. The sound of high heel boots, clacked on the stone road. To cat and mouse, no fair. Candy thought and teleport in front of her target with violet flash. Out of thin air she appeared. With a grin and a wave. “Hello.” She pointed the staff at his chest. Crimson lighting crackled loud at the tip. And a wave of it shot forth.

“Good Bye.”
.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By .Longshot.

In the moment his back was turned, Longshot heard a pair of feet hit the stone floor. His opponent was wearing high heels. That was already an advantage to him. His fists tightened and he was ready to take her down when suddenly, she appeared before him, young, soft featured, beautiful. If Longshot were weak like most men his age, he would have been smitten, but instead, instinct set in and he jumped out of the way as she raised her weapon. Unfortunately, it was difficult for even an acrobat of Longshot's prowess to dodge lightning at point blank. A stream of electricity hit his leg as the bolt shot past. The insulated padding in his suit took the brunt of it, but he still felt the muscles in his left thigh tense up and go numb. He rolled across the floor and shot an arrow at the challenger, striking the podium. "I never miss." he smirked as a small golden cartridge on the side of the arrow spewed a cloud of tear gas into the woman's face. In the momentary confusion, Longshot vanished, firing his arm mounted cable gun to one of the rafters and soaring into the shadows above.  

Longshot observed from the shadows, perched high in the chapel's rafters. He reached for a compartment in his belt and hurled a few flash pellets down around her. His objective was to distract and disorient his enemy. Sun Tzu's Art of War had taught him to instill fear in his enemy's heart. But in the heat of battle against a fearless challenger, he had no room for subtlety. Hopefully, distraction would suffice. "Gotta get that staff away from her." he thought to himself, "If that lightning was a precursor to the power in that thing, this is gonna be a real short fight." As the flash pellets went off, Longshot jumped down from his perch, silent as always, with his heel out, ready to strike her in the back and pin her down before she could get a chance to get off another bolt. His left leg was still gimpy, cutting down on his agility. His tactics would have to suffice to take her down.