All The Kings Horse's: An HFC RPG

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Final Arrow

The night air was filled with anticipation as the White House staff awaited the arrival of the new president, Andrew Tudor . The front doors burst open and he was met with a round of applause, with a quick bow he brushed a hand over his blonde hair and smiled at them all, two blue eyes glanced over them, “Thank you all, it has been a long and tiring road and tomorrow we will start to change the world…but tonight.” Tudor loosened his crimson tie and undid the top button on his black shirt, he suddenly span on the spot with his arms out wide, the ivory suit seemed to reflect the light as he came to a sudden stop “We dance”. No one had a rational mind now, his spell had been woven, as they found their shoulders bouncing to an unseen beat, their toes tapping and then grabbing the closet person next to them they did just as they where ordered and danced, to whatever song they could hear. Andrew Tudor side shuffled up the hall way passing two secret service agents embraced in the tango. Tudor danced all the way to the Oval Office finally sliding to a stop at the doors, no longer dancing he continued to the desk and sat throwing his legs up onto the table a wicked smile crossed his face as he closed his eyes, listening to the songs of his dancing staff .

Tudor was not what he seemed, to the world he was a former field medic who had served in the gulf war , a married man and a patriot who wanted nothing more then to make America the great nation it once was, he had won the election in a landslide, the press where unable to find anything that could harm his campaign and he seemed the perfect man for the job, but the truth was something much darker, he had spent the last year creating this alias, weaving a spell that would create a whole bloodline for the world to follow. The music was interrupted for a moment by fits of madding laughter, the door to the Oval Office burst open and their stood his wife, her smile widening as she saw him sitting behind the desk, her hands clapping like a child as she looked over at him “OMG WE DID IT” her voice squealed as she skipped over to him, he slid to the side and patted his lap and she more then willingly sat on it. Kissing her cheek as she sat he laughed “of course my dear, how could you ever doubt it.” placing an arm round the back of his neck her face became sad. “do we have to hide, when we are alone?”, with a wave of his hand the façade faded away, revealing crimson eyes and raven black hair. “YAY” she did the same and the two Arrows looked at each other their eyes showing more then a parental bound and she leant in and kissed him, “farther who shall we tell first!” Rina asked him, “Oh dear girl who else do you think!” he pointed to the desk.

Her eyes began to bulge and she moved forward remaining on her fathers lap, a fine white envelope sat on the desk a crimson ribbon was tied round it and a wax seal kept it closed ; Arrow kissed her neck and she giggled. “what is it.” Arrow smiled and removed his lips from her skin “why do you not open it and see my dear.” tearing open the envelope she screamed “OH DADDY THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER” she threw the envelope in the air and continued kissing him, as the ribbon fell and the letter escaped the envelope finding it’s home at the feet of the terrible two.

No Caption Provided

Arrow knew all round the world similar letters had already found their way to the other members and of course there was only one place they would all meet, the infamous HFC manor!

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By _Sojourn_

The place of non importance is where he stood. Surrounded by trees and wilderness, the sky shifting place and color, this place had no name to speak and was just here to support Slight's mass. As if any other place would be as sweet and serene as this, the pressure of existence bore a whole new meaning, and weightlessness here. If he went away, physically, mentally, emotionally or a combination of any there would be no real sacrifice or consequence. His essence would fade away into nothingness, without name and without purpose. The tranquil silence of the place with no name was instantly shattered by the thunderous booms of a storm brewing. Unmoved, the used once King of the Sea, stood waiting...For what, he could not tell, for who, there was no soul among this plane of existence that cared to look for him. The chill surged and rain began to fall, lightning cracked the sky turning darkness into daylight. Legged vermin began to toil over his bare feet, which were spotted from splatters of rich earth. Centipede and insect to the like scampered and ebbed their way up what they thought was tree, for he had been standing so long, the possibility of roots were fathomable. Glancing movements followed by the noises of crunching exoskeletons and oozing innards played against the peaceful symphony of precipitation. 

The days of uselessness continued in this fashion. Standing, waiting, the storms. Sometimes, although he tried his danmdest not to dwell on what had been, he thought of Omega Justice, and why he left. For one, left in his hands, the societal aspirations he once held for that team sunk to the bottom of the sea, so to speak. He'd failed to bring about peace. Everyone failed to bring about peace. In part, that was the realization that allowed him the freedom of absence. Not that he cared, but the crew still had a paycheck, still had a job to do, at the very least, they would be able to get another years worth of work out of the Omega Haven before they all called it quits. But even so, Slight grew impatient, trying to be "the" hero, to be what he though he wanted for so long. The restraint he displayed over the years was astonishing to say the least, and he could give himself that much. Having so much power within him, the abilities that men and women of evil heart, dreamed about, spent their entire lives trying to attain, at his own fingertips, and very rarely using them. It wasn't fair, and he knew it. Everyone knew it, and yet, for the better part of five years Slight hid from the truth, his truth, the power he had would eventually take control, and it would realize all of his desires kept locked away. Now, that the change had been made, now that the Oracle had taken over, knowingly feeding off of the negative emotions built up over the years, the world was changing, and had changed, until a gloss of gray filled Slight's vista. But the Oracle being of intense nature, longed for purpose, and his feast stored away was dwindling hastily. Mindless destruction, and heartache was nothing compared to driving ones nails into the flesh and tasting blood, the hunt and the kill. All of it was like a gem dangling in front of a golddiggers gaze, just waiting to be snatched, but ever so out of reach.

The letter was the compass that changed the mindless direction Slight had been traveling. It offered on everything he wanted and then some. Literally, a bird delivered the parchment to him, in the places of nowhere and non importance. Welcome Red King and Queen. We await your arrival....Silver King. A smile showed on his face. Genuine happiness, but for all the wrong reasons. It was the type of smile that left you in a state of insomnia, the smile that belonged to that of a cannibalistic murderer, who ate gleefully as his victim and dinner watched unable to make a difference. The black cloak he adorned himself in raised into the air, and went invisible with a gluttony of fog. The Human Hurricane, the Silver King of the Hellfire Club was on his way to a new beginning.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Queen's Halo

Miranda Frost was driving her new Bugatti Veyron Bleu Centenaire. She wasn’t enjoying it. The streets of Milan weren’t meant for a car which could accelerate from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds. But speed wasn’t the reason she had chosen the car – in the sunlight the rays reflected of the blue surface of the car and made it look like a giant sapphire moving through the city of fashion - the mix of modern and ancient brought together by the luxury cars and building that stood the test of time. The people who visited Milan mostly followed a single rule – play being more important, that you really are. The snobbish above average bank account owners flocked to the streets like headless chickens without any concerns whether they will have money for food the next day. 

No Caption Provided

Miranda turned into a small side street and stopped in front of what seemed like normal apartment mail box with 9 slots on each a number. It’s such a normal thing, that no one even noticed that there are no doors on that street. Miranda lowered the window and with her white gloved hand quickly pressed the numbers.

In front of her a part of the road lowered and revealed a dimly lit tunnel. As Miranda moved into the depths of the city, the radio signal started to disappear but she hadn’t paid much attention to it or the news that there was a new president in the White House. Miranda drove for a couple of minutes until she reached a small parking lot. She got out of the car wearing a long white coat and a small handbag.

Miranda moved to an elevator. On the right was a small hole, in it a small light flickered. Miranda opened her bag and took out a white queen chess piece and placed it into the hole. A slight growl emerged from the machine and the elevator opened.

No Caption Provided

Two weeks ago:

Miranda was sitting on the balcony of the Doge’s Palace where she had built the new headquarter for the Science-Branch. Next to her was a small laptop that showed some unimportant diagrams. In her right hand she held a glass with white wine. She leaned on the edge and looked at the palace’s courtyard. Somehow depressing thought started to emerge from her brain – she wasn’t smart enough to run an organization like this; she isn’t evil enough to call herself a villainess; she was worthless to the world and wasn’t a blimp on anyone’s radar.

Then out of nowhere an arrow hit the side of one of the pillars. Attached to it was a small white silk bag. From the angel Miranda determined came from the opposite roof, but whoever shot it had already left.

“This is a natural heirloom,” she yelled. Miranda yanked the bag off the arrow. She opened it and took out a small white queen chess piece. She held it in her palm and looked at it. Between her fingers she twirled it a bit. The top seemed a bit loose, so Miranda pulled it off. Under it was a USB connector. She placed it in her computer and the screen turned black. Then slowly letters faded in and formed a sentence: “Take your rightful place”, and then a line of numbers, which were a time and the coordinates to Milan. Miranda smiled “Don’t hack into my computer,” she waved at the camera of her computer that started to work the second she entered the USB drive into her computer, “I’ll be there,” and she closed the computer.

Miranda stood and looked at the arrow. In her mind the negative thought started to disperse and a new one emerged – time was for her to take her rightful place; to show the world she was not to be underestimated; to be the White Queen.

Avatar image for the_heartland_harlequin
The_Heartland_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

A clang of rusted iron as it bashed against the cracking concrete wall, small flakes swept into the stale air, some fell to the floor. The jingle, jangle of a ring of keys and scuffle of shoes on grime. “Alright Missy, it’s time for your hour outside, doll eyes.” On her head, struggling to keep balance and in tune, humming “Sweet Child of Mine.”

“Missy, shake it or brake it, little girl.”Orderly Frank Overstreet, said with a sense of fatherly tone in his speech. Missy and Frank have formed very closely knit bond over the past few months at St. Burke mental institution, that bordered on the creeper side, rumors flooded of rape, Frank quickly nipped them in the bud, and who would believe a girl with eighty percent of a brain, it all worked for Frank. That certain sort of smirk that one would get, if a big bad lie was going smoothly, on his not so well shaven face.

Missy walked forward on her palms, legs swaying, flipped and now ending the little show with the splits and a bundle of squirrely giggles. Frank bent down and grabbed her wrist and pulled her up. She shot up like a bolt and then nuzzled her head on Frank’s chest. “Your just so so so so soft on me.” Missy declared. Frank pushed her away, No PDA. Reaching behind him, he readied the zip cord or “Riot” cuffs, near impossible to get out off, without a cutting tool. Taking her wrist to bind them.

Missy screamed and knocked them away, all the behavior of a toddler. “Don’t you trust me ?” She asked, big puppy dog eyes, little bounces as she stood. Against his better judgement, like most things lately Orderly Overstreet gave in.

They walked, down the hall to the back door, as custom for everyone. Overstreet stopped to fish the Key card from his pocket. Not a soul around, all in the art room. Missy’s hand went into her panties, she pulled out a small bit of silver plastic, about a inch and half tall, filed to a point. With a battle cry and a lunge it poked through Frank’s wind pipe.

Gasping like a fish for that oh so important breath, he slid on the wall.

“Ms bunny thinks it’s real real real Funny, the one day you don’t touch my no no spot..” Missy took away his night stick and dangled it like string for a kitty, in front of his face. Tear stained, red.

“You like it when I play with your big stick right ?” A tilt of the head and a thwack to the temple.

Thwack...Thwack..Thwack

She raided the body for the wallet and key card.

A few days before hand.

Frank pulled up his sweats and tied the string in a knot., Missy on the bed, with a sorrowed look, you know what on her chin. “You got some mail, that will perk you up.” sex joke in there. Door shut behind him. Missy waited for a few tics, then cleaned her mouth and gagged hard, taking on for the team, sex joke in there. She read the note, a invite to a gathering of baddies, a who’s who’s of hate and pain. “Cool beans.” She held up a silver rook, gave it a lick. “I got my key.”

Five minutes into the great Clown escape, 2011.

On top of a grassy hill. Missy stripped down to the bare bones, and held out her arms in airplane fashion. The breeze kissed all over. Letting out little coos. “Oh... oh Ms. Bunny, We’re free  ” Missy wrapped her arms around the imaginary bunny, spinning about, laughter.

They deeply cherished this moment.

“Alright, first is first, new duds” She open the wallet, and frowned, Poor Cecilia and David, now they have to go to the Daddy/Husband market now.

The shocked faces of mothers as the shielded their baby’s eyes from the naked clown that stumbled into the Store.
Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Clara Mass

Journey into the Unknown

Look at them talk.  Aren't you just excited?    

Jean Luc LeBeau, that man was kicked out of hell.     

And now he's here talking to your sister.    

But doesn't it bother you that your nephew just watches?    

Aint he one of those heroes with the spandex and the usual penis bulge?    

Clarice?  Why aren't you listening?    

I thought we were friends...... 

She stood there, leaning against the wall.  In her hand a burnt out cigarette.  In her mouth was some delicious gum.  Her face was pale.  Maybe because she'd been applying so new cosmetics.  After all she was back from the dead, mine as well look the part.  Dropping the cigar, the redheaded mystery didn't even bother to crush it with her heel.  Instead she walked over it and closer to the main living quarters of the Zeraz family.  In there a negotiation was taking place. 

On a velvet seat sat a beautiful but blunt brunette, simply known as Marissa Lilith Zeraz.  Beside was the ever so quiet Noah, whom listened quite cautiously to whatever spoken.  Across from the duo was the illustrious Gambler, a man known to dwell with many short-lived organizations.  But no matter his past, he was given time in their overzealous lives.

Of course the first to speak was the head of this house.  Marissa would not waste any sort of time, because seconds were considered very precious in her mind.   

"Mister LeBeau, what the f#ck do you want with my little sister?"  As a little boy would say, that woman just dropped the F-Bomb!  With good reason too.  Marissa Zeraz doesn't give a crap about a lot of stuff in life, yet her family is like a prized possession.  Leaning forward she was prepared to listen objectively, at least for the moment. 

"Oh chere, tis a shame you'd think I'd be a horrible man to dis sister of yours."  Rubbing his chin in contemplation, the assassin with swagger continued.  "I am here to cash in a favor my beaute." 

Closure's eyes darted upward.  Sweat slipped down from his hair follicles.  "Then take me Jean.  Whatever your planning, take me." 

"Now, now petit garcon.  You've been through a lot as of late, and your aunt is the perfect asset to what I'm organizing."  A smirk so devious stretched across his face.  Gambler was indeed planning something within that complex brain of his.  "What if we deny your offer to take my aunt into your latest band of small-minded twats?"  Noah was beginning to get agitated.  The Son of Thunder was actually worried.  Stopping to cough, Noah cleaned off some blood. 

"Oh look at you garcon, your damaged goods.  And if you don't take my offer, I can make your alliance with my kind known.  You wouldn't want Mistress Redhead and her Champions of Peace reigning down upon the Zeraz Corporation, now would you?" 

Grinding her teeth, the blunt brunette was ready to explode.  "Do what you want.  I refuse to let my---"  She stopped talking.  Clarice Michelle Zeraz was now in between the opposing forces.    

"I'm in Jean but once this term is over, you leave this family alone." He rose from his seat and grabbed the redhead's palm, kissing it with his soft lips, it was his gesture for accepting the offer. 

"Now take my hand and lets go to where you'll belong as my--" She touched his lips, signaling him to stay silent.   

"If I'm in, I will be referred to as a king.  I'm obviously the strongest asset you will have in whatever circle you have assembled.  I am King and nothing less." 

"Whatever you want chere, whatever you want......" 

Oh well look at you. 

Growing a backbone!  Haven't seen this side of you for years. 

This is actually enticing!  This is exciting!

Wait till they see the new side of you, you know the side that emulates the consciousness of me 

Cinna of Athens 

Your father 

A demigod! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Oh this is gonna be so much fun......
Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Urban_Spaceman

Sparse street lights were all that lit the maze of side alleys that lead out of the city-centre of Sibiu, the moon was largely hidden behind a seemingly never-ending cloud, the only sign it existed being its barely noticeable glow. Two men leaned against the walls of one such alley, they were both looked in their mid-forties and were panting, out of breath, exhausted by the trials they'd been subject too so far tonight. " Ce vrea cu noi?" One of them asked in a hushed whisper, hoping for some answer to why they were being chased, only for the other to shake his head, uncertain and scared. The sound of footprints broke the brief silence that followed, slow and quiet at first, though it steadily built up both pace and volume. Glancing at each other, the men broke into a sprint away from the source of the noise, twisting and turning down alleyways, sweat drenching their clothes as they ran, ran as though their lives depended on it. Turning a corner the first man slid to a halt, causing the fellow behind him to slam into him, sending them both to the ground. They remained where they lay, wide eyed, staring at the sight before them. A solid black wall blocked their path where one had never been before. The wall pulsated with what appeared to be veins and was covered in strange lumps. Turning around, the pair reeled back once more as a second identical wall now blocked their exit. 

"Ce naiba?" One of the men muttered as he edged towards the wall, trying to inspect it, only to reel back in shock as the lumps peeled back to reveal numerous eyes. Piercing brown eyes covered both walls and they glared down upon the two Romanians trapped between them. One of them screamed and a green aura swirled around him, causing his hair to flip about as though caught in a whirlwind before he lifted off the ground and looked as though he was about to soar into the sky before a single black string shot from one of the walls, shot through the mans chest and embedded itself into the other wall which began to meld over it. The man screeched in pain and struggled his blood dripped down the spindle that had pierced him, his movements on the wire caused him to spin upside down, where he hung observing the spectacle below. 

From the wall emerged a figure began emerging, seemingly melting forth from the muscular mass of black. He was a young man, possibly even still in his teens, clad entirely in the same black the wall appeared to be made of. He had a look written across his face that seemed somewhat unamused and with arms crossed he spoke, "Seriously, I spend all week tracking down you two, the meatshield duo of Communist Romania's second most famous superhero team and you don't even put up a fight, what have your powers faded? Are you both a pair of pansies now?" 

"American pig, release Iancu!" the man on the ground yelled, only for several spikes to burst out of the stranger and stab through him in several places. The man howled in pain before tearing the spikes out one by one, noting them to seemingly be made of bone. His healing factor kicked in and healed over his wounds as he stared up at his enemy who was now standing over him. 

"I'm Australian and no." The stranger answered with a tinge of boredom before punching the man in the face. Numerous tendrils shot forth from the walls and wrapped themselves around the pair as the youth looked up at them with disappointment, "I guess I can still extract genetic material from you, trial your abilities out on things, who knows maybe I can use you both after all." 

"I have a daughter now! Please don't do this!" The one called Iancu yelled out from his ensnarement. 

"Oh how touching coming from a mass murderer, don't worry I'm sure she'll make plenty of friends at the orphanage, ta-ta." The youth sighed as he waved at the pair as they were completely covered in the muscular black gunk. The walls began to shrink, eventually with both also taking the form of the young man, bar their elongated arms that now contained the two Romanian ex-'heroes'. 

After a lengthy drive back to his Romanian base of operations in Bran, Winston Sharpe and his duplicate 'Winsti' unloaded their cargo into specially designed containers before coming across an envelope lying upon his work desk. Glancing about, Winston forced every cell in his body to undergo mitosis dozens of times over, causing several clones to burst forth from him and run about the mansion seeking out the messenger. The Winston that remained picked up the envelope and pulled out the letter inside, 'Welcome White Bishop, we await your arrival. White King.' 

God I need to up my security, Winston thought to himself as he let the letter drop back to the desk. A final clone formed at his side and headed for the plane that would fly him to Milan.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

3weeks ago, Germany:

His illuminated silhouette was clearly illustrated with exceptional detail as it was displayed across the operating room's multitude of monitors. The invasive X-ray's outlining what the Aristocratic Assassin had known in secret for sometime. Proudly buttoning up his white tailored made shirt, he paid no attention as the anxiously nervous physician proclaimed his findings. "Sein Ihr Veränderung Herr LeBeau. Ihr Körper kann die Belastung Ihrer eigenen genetischen Verfassung länger behandeln. I' m, I' m traurig. There' s nichts, das ich tun kann…" (Its your mutation Mr. LeBeau. Your body can longer handle the strain of your own genetic makeup. I'm, I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do...) "How long?" "6months, 6days…, das ich nicht mit irgendeinem Grad der Sicherheit sagen könnte" (6months, 6days....I couldn't say with any degree of certainty) With a gracious nod of appreciation the Cajun collected his things before emerging outside sheltered by his assistance umbrella as he ducked into the backseat of his transport. "So much to do, so little time." 

Now - The Hellfire Club:

Personal visits, invitations, lavishly prepared flattery simultaneously reaching those deemed worthy of creating the foundation of the illustrious Hellfire Club's clandestine Inner Circle. Individuals who's reputation's varied from internationally known to up and coming game changer, and Jean Luc had diligently observed them all. Resurrecting the selective elitism in which the organization had original been predicated upon during its infancy. But not only was the Hellfire Club defined by its powerfully influential aristocrats, but also by its noteworthy assassins and individuals who's tactical prowess was unequaled. One such combat practitioner was the legendary swordsmen, Rokuakai. Jean Luc had personally paid him a visit deep within his Japanese Dojo in an attempt to persuade the bladed expert to once again lend his specialized talents to the Cajun's cause. Alongside Rokuakai the King of King's most prized apprentice, Dark Huntress, would form the backbone of the establishments death dealers. Refined yet lethal, Cassidy's recent catastrophic loss of her newlywed husband made her a volatile addition but a welcomed one. Her thirst for vengeance would be the inspiration that would fuel the Club's power play as Gambler began orchestrating the invasion of France. But for now those matters would be put on hold as the group ceremoniously gained equal footing. Hosting an elegant banquet within the illustrious halls of the Club the members would great and socialize as they became familiar with one another had they not done so already. Standing atop the lightly decorated balcony overlooking the main floor of the HFC flanked by his lovely step daughter Cassidy, Jean Luc lightly tapped his whine glass before presenting himself.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to dee Legendary Hellfire Club. We gather here as a signal of unification and brotherhood. Together we shall pool our resources and in time, shape dee World in our image. So please, eat, drink, dance, enjoy all dee pleasure dee HFC as to offer. Cheers!"  
Rokuakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rokuakai

Kai Dojo

Roku screams to one of the students before his arm inflates with raw power an muscle, his forearm tripled in size and he slammed it into the chest of the failed student. The student stood its ground bearing his teeth in a grimace of pain, Rokuakai smiled as the student had held its ground. For a brief moment the boy's body trembled then suddenly his chest opened in a display of blood and gore. A large hole expoding within his chest, one could slip their arm straight through his body. Roku watched as the boys body fell forward with a thud the other students never moved their gaze from their master. He looked over the corpse of the young man, his leg increased in size and he kicked it hard sending it spiraling through a the wooden wall. Splinters scattered throughout the room as Roku paced back an forth in front of a now in line class of students "Everyday for a entire year you will train your bodies, he thought his body was adapted to my power. He was wrong, but he had the right thought. Students you will train your bodies in ways that will allow you to absorb and dissipate the force of my punches, you will never be like me I hate to tell you that." Roku stood in front of his class like General Patton and spoke "My body controls the energies that flucuate within it, then adjust accordingly. I can increase my muscle mass using these energies, and the energy I discharge when I punch is one that can be either manipulated or avoided if the body is trained enough. Or..." Roku spins and his right arm grows to a massive size and he thrusts it forward towards the gapping hole in the wall. A quick movement and the sound of a sword being drawn is all that is seen and heard before Rokuakai's energy is shot back at him, he stretches his arms out an puffs out his chest absorbing the blast back into his body. His body shifts to adjust to the redirected energy, grows massive before returning to normal "Or your body is at a even more complex level as this man's. And your skills simply refract the energy, my energy has almost little to no use against this man." Rokuakai walked towards the intruder. His students confused entirely as to who the man was. 

The man stepped into the room a Chesire Cat grin upon his face, asking Rokuakai how long he had known he had been there. "A few moments before I launched the attack, heard your footsteps. They seem...heavier, my lord is everything alright." Gambler smiled and nodded telling him it was to be discussed later if at all. Rokuakai motioned to his students to bow in Gambler's presence "Continue your training and in a year I will return to test each and everyone of you, your bodies with either triumph or they will be fed to the worms and fish out in the gardens." Rokuakai took Gambler's shoulder and walked him out of the room. They walked through the halls the sounds of hundreds of students training filled their ears "No....they wont be able to control the energies. Unless some of them are mutants like myself, then maybe." Gambler hadn't said a word but Roku had worked with him long enough to know what he was thinking of some of the time. He still was perplexed as why he would visit him like this , Roku continued to look over his shoulder as they turned each corner. From the corners of his eyes he could see the glimmer of soldiers disappearing out of sight the moment his gaze moved towards them. Roku and Gambler had made their way to the large garden in the back, a forest of serenity flourished behind the garden. This place was Rokuakai therefore it had millions of dollars put into it, so it was utterly exquisite.  Roku knelt down to a flower he called "Tiger's Paw" and took a whiff of it before he spoke to Gambler, turning his gaze to him in a respectful manner. "Please show me the newbies, they must be new fresh off the block if they are undisciplined enough to allow even the best eyes to lay a gaze upon them." Gambler smiled to his former associate. His soldiers stepped out from the shadows, they were not covered in garb that would show their allegiance but merely that of roses. They wore random pieces of cloth that had a burning rose upon it, Roku looked to Gambler his face turning from a bright smile to that of a stern and slightly angered look. "You really think you need them?" Gambler shrugged slightly and gestured for the men and women to leave his side, they leaped into the trees and were once again gone. Roku smiled again an asked in a very playful tone "What do I deserve such a visit from my lord?" His eyes slanted and his bright smile never fooled Gambler, he knew full well that beneath the smile and the child like face was the man of a psychopathic killer. A man who see's Gambler as a master or a King, Gambler was to use this to his advantage. He went on to explain the Hellfireclub, and as he finished his speech Rokuakai stood their a even wider an brighter smile upon his face. His eyes were entirely open now, which meant one thing Kai was in control. He laughed loud so loud that it shook Gambler's inside, he slapped Gambler hard on the back and spoke in a loud booming voice "Do you know how long it's been since we had real fun? Jean its been way too long, of course I will." Gambler hadnt even asked him yet to join. But Gambler too was filled with laughter as he handed him his invitation, he was bellowing. He was truly laughing something neither of them had done in a long time, Roku stood up an reached out to his Lord but Gambler stood himself up.  

The two shook hands before departing, and as Gambler was about to leave their meeting he turned an spoke. Rokuakai had a hard time understanding him almost all the time, so he gave him a different accent in his head. Replacing his own Cajun accent with that of someone more understandable, something that Gambler hated. He did this as a joke when he really had no idea what he was saying "Yep, I will bring clean underwear. Dont worry....." Gambler glared at him before he shook his head "Yes Gambler, No masks this time. I will wear whatever you choose for me my lord."  

The Hellfire Club

Rokuakai flew out the very next day and had to wait for a few days while the others were arriving, soon he arrived at the newly remodeled Hellfire Club. He bowed to the guards who were confused as to why he was bowing to them, he then continued on in to be greeted by a maid. A stunningly chocolate colored maid with a body to kill for, he couldn't help himself as she walked ahead of him "Once you show me the room, will you be showing me how the bed works." She giggled as she continued on. He watched her and almost ran into her as she stopped suddenly, they were at his room. It was a room that looked from the outside like "Piece of sh!t" She laughed out-loud as she opened the door. As the door swung open the real room was revealed, inside the room was covered in marble counter-tops and the greatest things a man could want. Roku had completely ignored these things his gaze upon the most beautiful thing he had seen in his entire life, he dropped his bag of weapons and gear and fell to his knee's. "Show me the remote...." The maid handed him a small remote and he pressed a button a curtain moved out of the way, but he knew full well what lied behind the curtain. It was a bay window and outside the bay window was something dear to Rokuakai, his garden. Gambler had taken part of the garden from the Dojo and replaced the outside of his room with it. Rokuakai shook his head and opened the window and stepped out, the maid whistled to him "Master Luc also said this was for you as well." She lifted a piece of the wall and pressed a button, the ground beneath Roku began to slide back and he leaped off of it. As the ground finally stopped moving Rokuakai walked down the steps that were now shown, and upon pressing another button a row of lights on the ceilings came on and showed in its glory what Gambler had given him. The entire history of Swords and Daggers, Rokuakai was a master of swords and quite frankly anything sharp. Gambler appeasing to this filled the entire bomb shelter with every sharp weapon he had collected, Rokuakai was a close person for Gambler. Someone he knew would never betray him, so he treated him to things. Roku spoke to the maid "Set it down an leave." The maid held a briefcase and upon his request set it down, she left pouting she had hoped he had his way with her. But he was in a euphoria looking at everything, soon he snapped himself out of the heaven he was in. Turning to the briefcase he snapped its latches and opened it, inside rested a 18th Century Kabuki mask. The Mask was that of pure bone, made of the bones of 15 concubines of the Emperor of China. Rokuakai smiled like a child as he slid the mask out of its fitted resting place, as he lifted the mask onto his face something was in its place. Underneath where the mask had been lying was a thin almost metallic cloth, two eye holes had been cut into it and it had been dyed blood red. He touched it an a voice echoed from a set of speakers within the case it was Gambler's voice but he was speaking in French.  

{Translated}"Because of your loyalty even in your time away from me and mine, you have been rewarded." The cloth shimmered and shined as Rokuakai lifted it "This will be your real mask, as the one you wear everyday will become what others deem as to being your face. And with such a thing we cannot have just anyone see it in the heat of battle." As if Rokuakai knew what Gambler was going to say he placed the cloth over his head. It tightened against his head an neck, but leaving his face free to breath entirely. It blew as a gust of wind made its way down into his weapon shack " The material the mask is made out of is bullet-proof, fire-retardant, and blast proof up. Just dont go getting shot at point blank by powerhouses alright." Rokuakai chuckled to the comment and the message was almost finished "It will only allow for you to remove it, the sensors within the cloth register the first person to touch it as the only one to remove it. Anyone attempting to remove the mask will go through various methods of pain inducing counter-measures, any can be chosen via a voice controlled command. The mask also has an on board mic, you will be able to adjust an change your voice to anything. Just dont go impersonating me." Again Rokuakai laughed. The message finished with "Enjoy...." Rokuakai continued and finished the mask with his new outfit. Sliding on a dark an thin coat along with a long cloak he made his way out of the bunker and it closed behind him. At his sides he held twin swords he slid them into two holsters on the back of his uniform. He walked into his room an his bay window closed behind him as well as he made his way out into the hall where a maid was waiting "Dinner shall be shortly my kind sir, any requests?" He smiled "After dinner and the subsequent meeting you better find yourself naked and ready in my bed. The moment I walk through my door I wish to find you sprawled on my bed." He brushed by her cheek with his glove before making his way down the hall to where Gambler was, a party had already began. Many were already enjoying themselves even before Gambler spoke, Rokuakai had grabbed a bottle of wine on his way in and sipped on it as he watched an listened to Gambler. He couldnt stop the smile, he knew that soon the world would see what they had in store.
Cat Burglar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cat Burglar

Musée du Louvre, Central Paris

Cat Burglar known as the world's greatest professional thief hung down from a skylight window using her bullwhip which was tied to a roof vent and strapped around her thigh preventing her from falling. Tonight at the famous museum Musée du Louvre in central Paris, Cat Burglar was going to steal a famous sculpture known as the Seated Scribe. The Seated Scribe is one of the most important examples of ancient Egyptian art and was discovered at Saqqara in 1850 and also dated to the period of the 4th Dynasty, 2620-2500 BCE. While the Feline Fatal lowered herself down to quickly snatch the sculpture suddenly a chubby security guard entered the room with a flashlight which was pointing at her directly. " What the hell?!". The security guard shouted pulling out his gun and pointing it at her. " I want you to untie yourself and put your hands where I can see them, and no funny business." Cat Burglar smirked and quickly untied herself landing on her feet while she placed one hand behind her back grabbing a special weapon that she knew would come in handy. "Can't you give a young beautiful lady like me a little break?". She asked seductively. "Oh, shut up and put you're hands where I can see them." The guard shouted. Cat Burglar who was quickly insulted suddenly pulled out a bolasa throwing weapon superficially similar to the surujin, made of weights on the ends of interconnected cords, designed to capture animals by entangling their legs." I'm warning you lady!". Before the man could even fire his weapon, Cat Burglar grasps thebolasby the nexus of the cords and gave the balls momentum by swinging them and then releasing them at the man's neck entangling it causing damage to his neck. "Meow..I think you broke something might wanna get it checked out." She smirked quickly snatching the sculpture and running out the exit leaving the poor man badly injured. 

After stealing the Seated Scribe which she held, Cat Burglar used her retractable metal claws on the fingertips of her gloves and toes of her boots to climb up a building to get a better view of the beautiful city, Paris since it was gonna be her last due to what she did and would also be wanted by tomorrow morning. "It's sure good to be back and free from that disgusting prison...if it wasn't for Gambler I would have been still there fighting off super powered villains." She said kissing the head of the sculpture and as she was about to leap off the building she had just remembered that today was a big meeting for the Hellfire Club which she joined due to Gambler freeing her. "Oh crap! how the hell am I gonna make it on time?". She said leaping off the tall building and landing on her hands and feet like a cat. "I guess it's time to make some calls." She sighed taking out her cellphone and calling someone she trusted who raised her as a child. 

The Hellfire Club

A long black limousine pulled up in front of the Hellfire Club and exiting out the limo was a tall old man who opened the door for the beautiful thief, Amanda Frost also known as Cat Burglar. "Thank you, Mr. Jefferson for picking me up last night with that privet plane." She said planting a kiss on his cheek. "I'm glad to beof service to you, Miss Frost." He said getting back in the driver seat of the limousine and driving off. "Hm... very classy place that means it has beautiful sculptures, Jewelry, and valuable stuff for me to steal even though its a place I'm staying in." She said smiling and entering the club with her beautiful black dress. 

As the door closed behind her and she began to walk down a red fancy carpet she noticed the guards were bowing to her and leading her towards the meeting room. "Meow, I like it here." She said now entering the meeting room and taking a seat with a couple of her teammates. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to dee Legendary Hellfire Club. We gather here as a signal of unification and brotherhood. Together we shall pool our resources and in time, shape dee World in our image. So please, eat, drink, dance, enjoy all dee pleasure dee HFC as to offer. Cheers!" Amanda looked up at the balcony and noticed it was Gambler, the Hellfire Club was now born.
Perception

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Perception

Manhattan, New York City, New York 

Who am I, really?
James thought, lying in his bed. New York City had just gone through its official Repopulation Fair 2011, thus its unofficial one had been forgotten. The original Fair, and deemed unofficial, had been interrupted by a vile villain known to many as Mighty Magneto. The City had come under an invasion, but thanks to the efforts of various heroes, many of them on the We Are Legend team, Magneto's efforts were thwarted. James had taken a serious part in the dismemberment of Magneto's invasion force, largely in part to magnokinesis, a ability he had developed while fighting Magneto's Sentinels. James, after using these powers, was intrigued as to who his real parents were. His original theory was that Magneto could be his father, however he discontinued that idea. It would be almost impossible--well, not impossible, scientifically rare for them to have any relations. James'  powers were mutations after all, and very rarely did mutations continue in the family from father to son or mother to daughter. Nevertheless, James did not give up after his first theory had failed him. He searched over many records personally, and poured in thousands of dollars in detective investigations, and discovered only that he was a mysterious baby.  

Not only did no hospital have any records of his birth, but the orphanage he had been left at had not received any either. James, lying in his bed, remembered reading the manuscript from the orphanage from the caretaker there shortly after receiving him--a tiny baby. It had only been a few hours since he had read the manuscript and had decided to rest for the day, but it still lingered in his head. And, ironically, he had placed the writing in a drawer next to his bed.  

Dr. Joseph Peccard  
October 17, 1993
The Doorstep Baby

Tonight the doorbell of our Orphanage was rung. I awoke to the fervent sounds of it being pressed over and over again. By the time I had dressed into something suitable, the ringing had stopped. It was past midnight when I opened the door. I looked up and down the street, but found no one running away, and no car leaving our blessed building. I was about to close the door, assuming it was a prank, when I heard the squeals of a child. I looked at the doorstep of the Orphanage to find a baby, placed within a basket and bundled in several blankets. There was a tiny note folded on top of the baby. It read:

James Robert Johnson, born October 17, 1992. 

I was surprised to see the boy, who had the lightest blue eyes I had ever seen before, and the darkest hair as well. I felt like I was in a movie, or that this was a prank. This baby was perfectly clean, hadn't a scratch on him, and wasn't afraid of me. He was staring at me. It was a chilly night, and with God in my soul, I grabbed up the basket and took the child inside. I gave him some warm clothes to wear, placed him in a cradle in the Toddler's section of our Orphanage. He went to sleep soundly despite this unfortunate birthday gift. I rue the parents that would do this, that would leave their child on their first birthday. Anyways, there are already two loving parents that would like to adopt the child--and I assume young James will have a happy, fruitful life ahead of him.

The note had left considerably more questions than it had answered. James had already slotted a meeting with Dr. Peccard, who still worked at the same orphanage, to be held in two days. He figured he'd rather have a more intimate probing of the man, who he could telepathically mind read. James assumed important details might of been left out from the document. "I hope my questions finally get answered," he said aloud drifting into a deep sleep. "I deser-" he choked out, his heart beating quickly as a hand rested firmly on his throat. The Mind-Reader opened his eyes, and tried to determine his attacker's intentions mentally. It was no use, the difficulty level of invading the mind of his attacker told him that the person had an extensive anti-mind reading background. 

"Uh-uh," a low voice whispered. "Can't get into my mind." 

James strained to hear his attacker better. He was trying to determine if it was a male or female. However, he didn't have to strain for long, the attacker turned the lamp on. It was placed atop his drawer, and the vibrant light revealed a female. She was in her thirties, at least. Her hair was a salty black, and her eyes, a darker black, looked as cold as the deepest depths of the oceans. James could tell just by her face that she had been through many battles, and had suffered a lot as well. The strange woman peered into his eyes when James looked at her. He stopped fighting the stranger, realizing his attempts at escape were futile. He felt her grip on his neck loosen a bit, as if mimicking the dissipating tension in his body. He saw a strange falter in the woman's eyes, and his face contorted into confusion. Immediately her gaze broke away, and her hand released his neck. Almost instantly, James knew what had happened. This woman had just been trying to confirm it was really him.  

"How do you know me?" he asked. 

"I never said I knew you," she responded. 

"But your eyes did," James sat up in bed, the bedcovers rolling off his chest and into his lap. "You didn't have to say a word. I felt it, when you looked into my eyes just now. I just knew... It's strange." 

"Well, you do have our father's genes then," the woman chuckled. "He always could vaguely remember a face." 

"My father? Our father? What do you know about my father!" James demanded, the intensity in his voice changing. His eyes narrowed, turning suspicious of the woman. 

"Relax my benjamin, just relax." The woman rose her arms, holding them in front of her body in defense.  

"My name is not Benjamin," James said defensively. He bit his lip, anxiety taking over. This meeting was becoming stranger and stranger. 

"You're right, your name isn't Benjamin. In French benjamin means youngest for a boy's name."  

"Oh," James said, realization dawning on him. "I am fluent in French, my fault."  

"It is okay," she said."I should be apologizing to you." She held no accent, but James could tell this mysterious woman was French. "Your real name is Rene-Marcel, I liked to just call you Marcellus though. Our Father called you Rene, he liked that name. 'Reborn' and all, figured you would be the rebirth of a family line. No one really called you Rene-Marcel, too formal for family." 

"Wait... You keep saying Father. Who is our Father? Tell me his name?" 

"Now," she said. "That information I cannot divulge. That is for you to figure out." 

"Then what is your name?" 

"I am Angelique. The name is legendary where I'm from."  

"Where are you from?" James asked, trying to be clever.

"No." Angelique was catching on to his ploy. She shook her head. "I've been talking too much. He told me not to intervene with you--I should have left alone what was already lost." The woman looked at a device on her wrist, it looked like a watch. After looking at it though, she began to quicken the conversation. "I will offer you this: In the highest peaks of the Himalayas you will find which you seek. The answers you have been searching for await in a cave there." 

Then Angelique turned, and for the first time James noticed the window in his room was wide-open. He tried to reach out for her arm, but she moved like a snake. She was too quick for him to grasp. "Wait! How will I know which one is the cave I seek?"  

Angelique looked at him, a grin plastered on her face. "You will know. You are a Le--" She caught herself in the middle of a revelation. "You will know one day, Marcellus." The mysterious woman was already crouched on the ledge of his window. Angelique stared at James for a quick moment, taking in a mental photograph of her long lost brother. Then she blew a kiss to him and then leapt off of the ledge. Her jump happened so quick that it took James a few seconds to register it. When he had, James pounced out of his bed after her. As he reached the window though, a flashing blue light flood his bedroom and blinded him. He staggered backwards, tripping on a table, and fell onto his back. When he had regained his sight, he got up and went for the window again. As he reached it his eyes roamed immediately to the street below. The sidewalk was empty,  and only a few cars were on the road. Angelique had vanished into thin air. There was nothing left of her. James turned to his bedroom and rubbed his chin. "Le-. So I know my real last name starts with 'Le'. And that more answers await me in the Himalayas." He stopped ranting, a morbid smile gracing his face.  "But, this is assuming this crazy woman who just broke into my house was actually telling the truth."
Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Queen's Halo

One week after Gambler’s speech:

Miranda Frost stood in the largest room of the Hellfire Club – the main showroom: large round tables placed around a large halve circle stage. From it small pathways moved around the tables. If you’d look at it from a higher point it reminds an octopus pulling in its prey. An ironic image, Miranda had thought the first time she saw it. Since the start of the club Miranda had taken on the task of providing entertainment which proved to be much more difficult than the newly appointed White Queen had thought.

The rich and spoilt were already arriving to see what the Hellfire offered up. Since the announcement the rumors about the place spread like wildfire. It took leas then 12 hours for the 10 richest people to hear about the place and spent an oscine amount of money to gain temporary entrance and in another 12 hours the club was booked for the next year.

Suddenly a small woman with beady eyes popped out in front of her. “Miss Frost, there is a problem back stage.”

“What is it?” Miranda said with complete and utter boredom.

“The performers for tonight – they can’t make it. Food poisoning.”

“What about plan B?”

“They gave the performers the rotten food and are waiting for charges.”

“Great.” Miranda sighed. “I guess its plan C.”

“Here is your costume,” the stage woman said prepared, “and the dancers are also ready.”

Miranda walked into small dressing room and put on a tight white corset. Attached to the waist was a long white silk cape. She placed a small microphone onto herself ready for her performance.  Miranda turned to look at herself in the mirror. “Fun!” she said trying to fake some enthusiasm. After that she disappeared into the darkness of the backstage. 

A large white door appeared on stage. At the same time 12 dancers appeared on stage and took poses leavening a path two of the pathways. Then a silhouette of a woman formed on the door. (I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor. / I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor.)

The door opened and out strutted Miranda as the dancer performed some robotic routine and moved away to the rear area of the stage. When she reached the edge of the stage a throne rose up. Miranda almost fell onto it and crossed her legs. (Don't hold back / It's nice to see somebody make an effort / You know I like it in the street lights / Like I like the spotlight / Do you like me?)

Miranda got up on the chair to show off her legs even more. (I l-l-love this track / So if you wanna come with me you should know) She lifted her left leg on the right hand support. Slowly she moved her gloved hand over her thigh and settled on her hip. (I'm like, I'm like, I'm like this beat / Yes, crazy & infectious / I make it my business / B-boy my resume says I'm a bad girl)

The throne started to lower (Oh... ). When the seat was level to the floor, Miranda stepped off on to the floor. (Closer baby look in my eyes / Do you recognize me? / I've been a bad girl / I'm a bad girl / I'm notorious.)

The dancers quickly gathered around her and lifted her up. (I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor / (N-n-notorious) / I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor.)

The dancers lowered her and Miranda walked along the pathway. (Boy, beware / I got a record and I'm known for my style.) Occasionally she would brush the hair of the more attractive guests around the path. When she was near an area where another path was close, Miranda stepped on to that and moved back to the stage. (And everybody knows my name here / I'm the head of game here / Pleasure and the pain, yeah / Because my resume says I'm a bad girl.)

Miranda arrived back on stage and as she did a pole started to rise from the floor. (Oh...) Miranda started to back towards it. (Closer baby look in my eyes / Do you recognize me? / Oh...) With her left hand she released her cape and threw it into the hair and as soon as it was away from Miranda the thing caught a flame. (I've been a bad girl / I'm a bad girl / I'm notorious.)

With her right hand she attached a small cable from the pole to her corset. (Notorious, notorious / N-n-notorious / I'm notorious.)

Slowly the pole started to rise from the floor. As it happened Miranda slid down the pole until she sat on the base of the rise contraption. (I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor / The dance floor / Oh... )

Miranda stretched out her hand as if to try to catch someone else’s hand. (So baby tell me / Can you get it from my energy? / Oh... / I've been a bad girl / I'm a bad girl / I'm notorious.)

Golden flakes rained down on the audience below. Whether it was this or just the song both them and the dancer went into a cluby mode and got up and danced. (I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor (dance floor) / I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor (dance floor) / I'm a outlaw / I'm the big boss / I'm a gangster on the dance floor.)

Miranda pulled herself up and proudly stood on hand on her hip. (Oh so baby look in my eyes / Do you recognize me? / I've been a bad girl / I'm a bad girl / I'm notorious.) ‘snap’ and the lights went out.

One week after the performance:

Miranda jerked up for a short rest. She looked around trying to figure out where she was. The first thing she noticed was a large holographic display of a chemical compound. Then Miranda remembered that she was at the Science-Branch in Venice. Then she remembered that she was supposed to be working on a cure for Jean.

“Oh god,” she said, fixing her hair at the same time, “How long was I asleep?”

“10 minutes I think,” echoed behind the base of the hologram. A hand pressed on it and pulled up the body. It was Dr. Weir, the only surviving member of the pre-Miranda SB. She was older than Miranda and always wore her black hair in a crooked bun. And like any other scientist in the SB she wore a long white lab coat. “You went down, then I did, and then you woke up and now so did I.”

“Why didn’t you wake me?” an annoyed Miranda asked.

“I was too tired. We have been here for four day, working non-stop. And I’m going to say it – you can’t find an agent to be placed to convert the strain. You just can’t.”

“What do you know?”

“Five PHD’s so I think I know.”

“Well your five can…” Miranda stopped and looked at the hologram. Her eyes were drawn to the fifth OH-group. “I know how we can make this work.” Quickly she placed her hands into the hologram and started to rearrange some parts. And then all of a sudden the compound that had been more like a big spot was twisting and turning into a small ball.

“Shut the front-door.” Weir said. “It worked.”

“Quickly get it produced so I can take it to the Hellfire Club.” But it wasn’t until she was on the plain holding a small white box that Miranda Frost realized “I just saved Gambler’s life.”

No Caption Provided
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Zaria, Nigeria -- Obaferni Shelter

"We're more than full here, sir. We're sorry" the bald headed Nigerian man said as they walked slowly down the hall."Have you tried other shelters?" Julius scratched his temple, frustrated. "They aren't taking children out of their proximity anymore. It's that bad."  

The Nigerian and Julius stepped into the sleeping patient's room, "This boy cannot stay here. . ." Julius walked to the little boy's bedside as the Nigerian continued "The best we can do is send him back to the rehabilitation--" Julius curved around the bed and stepped to the Nigerian, face to face. "You're crazy, he'd rather be homeless than go back there. You know that. Those kids are what he used to be, why would you rehash that?"

Julius knew the answer to his impulsive question, but he couldn't grasp the harsh reality of it. There were more child soldiers than homes for them to stay in. Jean-Luc's cleansing was great for Africa, but with a magnifying glass there were problems under the polished surface. The influx of ophaned war veterans was one.

Ngu, a child soldier, dreamed of being a doctor to save lives he recklessly took in war.  Healed and rehabilitated from cheap amphetetamines and violence, Ngu refused to be a homeless orphan, living in alley's populated with trash and stray dogs. But today is his last day in the Obaferni hospital after confessing his forced leg and arm injuries.

"Look, Mr. Basquait. I've watched and heard of your efforts towards the West African rebellion, but stick to acting." the Nigerian said returning Julius' anger, narrowing his faintly yellowed eyeballs and clenching his jaw."You're another American star trying to "care" -- be 'Mr. Humanitarian'. You lash out on me, but do you care for these kids day and night, do you listen to them scream there nightmares, do you--"

"I'm taking, Ngu." Julius smirked, "He's been 'qualified' to live the civilian life. He did his rehabilitaion." The Nigerian's eyes widened and his lips moved to speak, but nothing came.  "No need to say anything, just get me the papers I need to sign." The Nigerian glanced at Ngu and left Julius with him in the room. 

Julius pulled at his white button up and unbuttoned a few at the top. He noticed the window was open, letting in the unrelenting African heat. He shut the window and pressed the 'on' button of a round fan. It whirred and he moved it beside Ngu bed.  

Taking a seat against the wall, facing Ngu, Julius sighed and smiled. He knew he wasn't the stereotype people tended to give the celebrities who wanted to help people. He reacted to the situation put in front of him the best way possible and taking that kid in was his best option. 

Ngu stirred from the touch of the fan's cool air and woke up. Julius gently grasped his shoulder and smiled, "Hey little man. We're going to Japan, your new home."

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_

Dark Utopia: Six Months Ago

The Science Branch and Gambler’s top medics had been instructed to act quickly and without reservation. The life of Cassidy lay in the balance and no measure was to be spared. The young woman lay in a hospital bed, cordoned off inside a quarantine room. Darkchild had left something inside of her when he raped her, something beyond just his seed. He had tainted her powers, tainted her mind. In the recent months she had become darker and darker, falling prey to her baser instincts and her powers had started taking on a hint of Darkness themselves. It had all come to a head after her little excursion to and she had decided that it was time to open up a new chapter in her life. But first and foremost, she needed to be rid of this at all costs.

The monitors that were connected to her made small blipping noises as fluids traveled through the IV. She was barely lucid, the Darkness spreading and driving her a bit mad. Lifting her head up a bit, she looked out through the glass partition window in the room and saw Gambler fervently waving his arms as his mouth moved. It appeared as if he was demanding something from the blonde woman he was speaking to. She stood in front of him, an air of confidence and assuredness about her and she seemed to have a calming effect.

Cassidy lay in the bed looking frail and small. Anybody looking in on her wouldn't recognize her. She was a short, skinny little thing but she always had a presence about her. That presence was now gone and in its place was a jarring reminder of her own mortality. She was drifting in and out of consciousness as her breathing grew labored. All of the sudden her skin went stark white and her eyes closed. The alarm on the monitors started going off as Cassidy Lockhart started flat lining. Jean Luc LeBeau flew into the room, his associates from the Science Branch directly behind him along with the worlds leading experts in unexplained diseases and genetics. Neither of them had been able to do a damn thing, they had both told Jean that it was a hopeless cause, that Cassidy was beyond help and destined to die. That was when he had turned to the head of the Science Branch; Miranda Frost, a woman of many hidden talents.

“Hand me dee antidote, Miranda.” His words were rushed and hurried, yet still managed to contain that veritable Cajun charm. The clock was ticking down as doctors rushed in around Cassidy and prepared to start shocking her, trying to obtain a heartbeat.

“It hasn’t been tested yet, Jean. You have no idea the effect that it’ll have on her. It could serve to make things worse.”

“I’d rather take dee risk and have it pay off dhen stand here and watch ma petite oiseau die. Hand me dee syringe, Miranda.” The King of Kings held the small syringe in his hand, the fate of his former apprentice and star pupil resting literally in his hands. He strode over to her bedside, his footsteps rife with purpose. Grasping her limp arm, he held it gently, turning it so that he could access her veins. Pressing down a bit on the plunger of the syringe and checking to make sure that the viscous liquid contained no air bubbles, he injected it into the prominent vein of her arm.

The reaction was nearly instantaneous. Cassidy’s eyes flew open and she took in deep gasps of air as her back arched. Her body started convulsing as her eyes rolled back in her head. She gave off all the appearances of somebody having a seizure with the convulsive shakes and inability to control her own body function. It felt like there was fire burning through her veins as the antidote metabolized. Letting out a wordless scream, her agony was evident. The shrill note pierced through the air and left those in the room with goose bumps on their flesh. It sounded as if somebody was being tortured and the screams were filled with pain and agony.

Her mind wasn’t functioning properly. She tried to speak and no words came out, just that endless scream. Her body was betraying her; it felt as if it was trying to rip itself apart from the inside out. She couldn't speak, couldn't think, couldn't even cry. All she could do was keep herself on the verge of consciousness, afraid of what might happen if she succumbed to the nearly overwhelming darkness. In a brief second of lucidity her eyes met Gambler's. They were full of fear and resolve. She had asked for this. She had known that it wasn't going to be a walk in the park.

The King of Kings looked away from his one time apprentice and over towards the brilliant Miranda Frost. His mind was logically going through the possibilities of what exactly was happening to Cassidy's body. "The antidote is utilizing her body's own antibodies to counteract the darkness she's been infected with. What's happening right now is that her body is attacking itself in an attempt to drive out the foreign matter. As you can see, it hurts like hell, but it's the only thing that'll do the trick. I suppose I have to get all supportive now, don't I? She's not going to die...at least not from the antidote...but she is going to wish she was for a while."

The Greek Parthenon: Earlier That Day

She stood in front of a full length mirror gazing dissociatively at herself. Cassidy was incredibly driven, more so than she had ever been in her life. Darkchild had ripped her life apart, decimated everything she thought she knew. He had taken away the man she loved, the unborn father of her children, and on their wedding day no less. She couldn't even imagine the satisfaction he must have felt masquerading as the priest who was marrying them. Shaking her head gently as if to shake the thoughts out of it she looked back to the mirror. She barely recognized herself anymore. The young assassin had grown up quickly in the past few months. The loss of her husband had made her realize that her previous methods of dealing with things had been off. She had let her emotion rule her, let it dictate her actions and cloud her judgment, causing her to overreact. As of late, she had been much more calculating. Instead of letting her emotions rule them, she was using them instead as inspiration.

Today would be a day that went down in her own personal history as a turning point. Reaching down to her hip, she did up the zipper to the black Prada skirt, completing the outfit. She wore a celery green silk camisole that matched her eyes with a fitted blazer. A pair of five inch black Lobouton heels topped the outfit off. Her hair was pulled back in a coif, sitting on the crown of her head and her bangs were swept to the side with a French braid running along behind her ear; she looked every bit the businesswoman.

Walking over to the ornate wooden door, she momentarily rested a hand against it as she took a deep breath and gathered her courage. Using her muscles to push the heavy door open, Cassidy stepped out onto the dais that had been set up towards the front of the Parthenon. The exact spot where her husband had been murdered exactly three months ago. The events of that day briefly flashed through her mind as the blinding lights of the camera momentarily blanked her vision. Her strides were long and full of purpose as she walked over to the podium and prepared for the press to unleash their questions. She had called this press conference for several reasons: to rally the public against Darkchild and at the same time garner their favor for the Hellfire Club and to establish her footing as both the public and private face of Starks Enterprises.

Smiling for the cameras, the Fractured Fatale adjusted the microphone for her short height. Taking another deep breath, she began to speak. "My name is Cassidy Starks. Some of you may know me as a former Champion of Peace, others may have heard of me through my association with Jean Luc LeBeau and the good work he has been doing in these past months. I'm here today, standing in front of you not as either of those, but as President of Starks Enterprises. Two months ago to the day, my husband, Ethan Starks was murdered not in cold blood, but in an act of childish revenge enacted by Darkchild, who truly does live up to his name. His will reveals me as the new President of Starks Enterprises." She holds up her hand for silence as a slow murmur spreads through the crowd of colleagues and reporters. "I'll do you the courtesy of answering your questions, please do me the courtesy of actually listening to what I have to say. This isn't the classroom, I shouldn't have to scold you like children." She waited patiently for the noise to stop before continuing. "I'm sure this is a surprise to some of you, an accepted inevitability to others and a welcome addition to others still. I plan to serve not only my company well, but the world itself. Starks Enterprises will continue to push forward with it's cutting edge technology, as well as all of its weapons contracts. However, in the coming months, we will be refocusing some of our attention to more altruistic things. As of now, that focus will be attempting to find a way to rectify the issues in the country formerly known as France, in attempting to locate and provide relief for any survivors of the French Decimation and in opening the eyes of the world. We are a business first and foremost, we haven't forgotten that, but there are issues in this world that need to be addressed. The most prevalent of those is Darkchild. The Mad Tyrant and his power hungry lap dogs have been roaming France and tainting this world for far too long with nobody being able to properly step up and stop them and very few actually acknowledging what they've done. That stops here and now. This location was not chosen by accident. Three months ago this is the spot where I was married to Ethan Starks. At the end of the ceremony, Darkchild stepped in and revealed himself, thrusting his arm into the chest cavity of my husband, ending his life and then stealing his body. Nobody in attendance was able to stop him. He's gone on far too long completely unchallenged. Killing entire countries. He is responsible for too many crimes against humanity to be able to count. The ignorance stops now, as does my little speech." Giving a slight nod towards the crowd she spoke again. "I'll now be taking any and all questions."

The first reporter to step forward was a middle-aged man with silvery grey hair. He was a well known news reporter and Cass was more than happy to let him have the first shot. "Ms. Starks, this whole Darkchild vendetta smacks a bit of a personal agenda. Is it?"

She was happy that somebody had the balls to ask. "I think it would be silly of me to say that it isn't, as it most definitely is. But I find the things that drive us most in life are ones that strike home for us. For example, take a close look at any celebrity and then at their favored charity. Most likely they know somebody or knew somebody who knew somebody who suffered from whatever it is that charity supports. A prime example of this would be Elizabeth Taylor and AIDS/HIV research. So yes, this is personal, but does that change the fact that things have gone on far too long? No, it doesn't. If anything, it makes me that much more dedicated to the cause."

"What exactly do your weapons contracts consist of? How much revenue does that net you?"

Her eyebrow raised slightly at the question. "As a matter of law and discretion, I can only be unsatisfactorily vague in answer to your first question. We have contracts with numerous private groups, supplying them with the weapons they need to adequately do their jobs. We do not supply terrorists and we do extremely thorough background checks on everybody involved. On top of that, we have numerous contracts with the American government, the details of which I am not at liberty to discuss. If you are interested in our revenue or our net worth, please feel free to pick up a consumer report. I'm sure everything you need is there."

"You seem incredibly calm for a newlywed who just had her husband murdered. Are you even sorry he's gone?" It was an obviously malicious question and she subtly motioned to the private security guards whom she could see already tensing up. She had said any and every question and she planned to stick to that.

"I'm sure some of you are thinking what our oh so eloquent friend in the ill-fitting grey suit just said. I'm a young woman with little business experience and I'm now heading up a multi-billion dollar corporation. I'm sure that's going to raise a few eyebrows. Im sure at least a few of you are thinking I'm a gold digger. Let me take the time to assure you that I have nothing but this company's best interests in mind. I may not be a Fortune 500 executive, but I have a damn good head on my shoulders. On top of that, I have a pretty large amount of field experience. I know what's needed where and I know which weapons will be most useful and necessary. If anybody takes issue with how I do my job, please feel free to take it up with the Board." She had thought that she'd done a good job of shutting him down, and she had, but unfortunately, that was not the end of questions about her personal life and private matters.

A statuesque woman stepped forward. She looked every inch the sophisticated, weathered reporter in a fitted pantsuit, her jet black hair pulled back into a ponytail that hung down to her shoulder blades. There was something vaguely familiar about her, something that Cass was unable to put her finger on, but something that set her on edge. Tilting her head up a bit, the woman's ice blue eyes pierced Cassidy with a death glare, one full of malicious intent. "You speak of newlyweds and husbands, is it not true that you willingly gave yourself to Darkchild for your own personal gain during your time in Kyoto, Japan?" Her voice had that hint of rasp to it, making it sound like she was a whiskey drinker and it was filled with goading and aimed with hurtful intent.

The jaw of the petite assassin nearly dropped as her fingers clutched the edge of the podium. "Did I...what? Would you like me to call a doctor for you, ma'am, because clearly something is not right with your mind. I worked with Darkchild during my time in Japan, yes, but you are seriously deluded," her eyes narrowed for a moment before she spoke again, "and being fed some terrible insider information if you think that I ever consented to relations of any sort with Gen Esis."

"Can you deny the fact that you had sexual relations with him?"

Weighing her words and her course of action, Cassidy thought carefully before she spoke. Her rape at the hands of Darkchild was not common knowledge and this could go one of two ways. One, she declined to answer and looked guilty by omittance, or two, she actually answered the question and her decisions became subject to scrutiny and discreditation as the rantings of an emotionally unstable woman due to possible PTSD resulting from a rape. "If you're defining sexual relations as any sexual act occurring between two people, then no, no I cannot deny that. It's not quite so cut and dry, though. I was...I was a victim of rape. From the moment that I joined that team, I was viewed as the toy that Darkchild wanted and couldn't have and what happens when you tell a child they can't have something? They just want it that much more...right? I was the one woman, the one thing in this world who had spurned his advances. I was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, that one thing that you wanted but were never going to get. So when he couldn't have me willingly...he took me by force. He kidnapped me and held me against my will for three days before Kaligar Roxom came to my rescue." She was trying to determine how much information to give, how badly she wanted to shock people. "Do you know how much time there is in three days? That's 72 hours. That's 4,320 minutes. Thousands of minutes of pure agony, pure pain, betrayal, despair. THREE DAYS OF HELL. I didn't know if I was going to make it out alive, all I knew was that there were times when I wanted to die. When I would have given anything for it to be over. Because it wasn't only Darkchild...it was his Darkling creatures as well. They have all of his perversion and none of his sense of sentimentality. It was brutal rape combined with brutal torture for three days straight with no relief of any sort. So did I have sexual relations with Darkchild? I guess that you could say I did. But were they consensual? Not a chance on earth."

The crowd stood stunned for a moment as this new information sunk in. The cameras were snapping away and the video rolling, forever immortalizing her words and the moment that Cassidy Starks revealed one of her secrets to the world.

The same woman spoke again, sending even more red flags off in Cass's mind. "So, you quite obviously weren't able to protect yourself from Darkchild, correct? If you can't even protect yourself...what makes you think that you'll adequately be able to protect the children that you're carrying?"

The skin of Cassidy Starks went pale white as her eyes widened in complete and utter shock. There was a limited amount of people who knew of the pregnancy, all personal friends of hers, people who knew how to keep their mouths shut. The single exception to that was Darkchild himself. As soon as the name crossed her mind, a lightbulb went on in her brain. He had sent somebody or something to do this. Even now, he couldn't keep himself from picking at what was left of her life, of trying to make her collapse and give up. For her giving up would be the ultimate reward to Darkchild and so long as there was breath in her body, she'd never give up. "Who are you?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously as she looked down on the woman. "Are you Darkchild himself? No...too classy a form for him to take, aren't you? No...you're something else entirely. I suppose just what that is is irrelevant at this time. Yes, I am pregnant. Yes, there are plans in place. I believe that's all you need to know at this time, correct?" The palms of her hands were itching, she so badly wanted to reach for a weapon and deal this woman some serious damage. She supposed she'd have to stick with her sharp tongue instead. "Now...does anybody have any other questions? And please, ladies and gentlemen, let's try and keep further bombshells to a minimum, shall we?"

A man towards the back stepped forward, the crowd parting around him. "You've associated yourself with Jean Luc LeBeau, a man known for many things, none among them being a hero on the caliber of Champions of Peace. What gave you the change of mind?"

"I needed a change of scenery. I needed to branch away from everything in Champion City. What Gambler and our associates do may not be heroing such as what you are all accustomed to, but that doesn't take away from it's authenticity. Look at Africa for example. What was it like before he came in? It was terrible, it was a continent full of despair and unimaginable things. Now there's clean water, food, enough inoculations for everybody, not to mention housing. The economy has been improved, crops restored, disease nearly wiped out and education vastly improved. Are those not the works of a humanitarian?"

"Right, but Gambler, really? You go from the world's most prominent hero team to the charming Cajun? Surely there must be some ulterior motive there, aye?"

"What are you insinuating?" She rose a delicately sculpted eyebrow in curiosity as she looked down at the portly reporter.

"His wife has been absent as of late and you and he have been photographed numerous times out in public together. You seem to have a certain rapport between the two of you."

A Mona Lisa smile crossed her face, lighting up her eyes and showing a hint of the dimples at the corner of her mouth. "You know...I was coming here hoping to talk business, to excite the world. It's a shame when my personal life becomes more pertinent than business matters and a mad tyrant who kills countries. Says a lot about priorities and about motives when people are more interested in digging up dirt on and trying to discredit me instead of looking at things that are really important. There is a crazy, extremely powerful man trying to take over the world if you hadn't noticed! And we're what, sitting here talking about how y'all think I may be boning Gambler? Have a little freaking dignity and respect. I realize that that's mostly lost in this day and age, but the majority of you are here because you are well-respected in your field and now...well now you just look like gossip mongers and talk show hosts. You should be proud of yourselves, really, you should." Her voice was dry and laden with sarcasm. "I've known Jean-Luc LeBeau for most of my life, that is the rapport that you see between us. We are very close and not in a sexual way. Nothing more, nothing less. And now, I believe I will be rescinding my word. Questions are done. Perhaps next time this happens, should you be asked to come again, you will actually be able to maintain an air of professionalism. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

With that final word, she turned her back on the crowd of press agents and left the dais that had been set up. Five minutes later she was climbing into a stretch black limousine and on her way to the private jet that was fueled and ready to take her back to Milan for their party that evening. Sinking into the plush leather seat, Cass slipped her shoes off and tucked her legs underneath her. "Long conference Chere?" Jean sat on the seat across from her, dressed as sharply as ever in a black three piece Prada suit.

"Remind me to get the names of all the press agents there. Somebody..somebody was not quite right...somebody had way more information than they should have. Darkchild's toying with me yet again and I"m so f*cking tired of it. I"m tired of burying everything that I feel, everything that I want to do. I understand that I"m better of this way, but it's exhausting me. I want this war done and over with Jean, I want to move forward with my life instead of always looking back."

Twisting open a bottle of seltzer water, he poured her a glass in a champagne flute and gently held it out to her. "Soon enough, ma petite. Dee power mad fool's son will be his own downfall. We're almost there."

"Thank god." And with that, she closed her eyes and let herself drift off to sleep, knowing that she was safe within the confines of the car.

Lucky!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lucky!

Two Years Ago

I'm going home.. I don't need this bs. Really? Like all this town does is make me feel extremely emo and that aint my cup of tea. It may be Chloe's but now that she ran away people are expecting me to just give up since it has been a while since she had left. Screw them. She is my friend.. and even though i'm leaving towards a new place i'll always keep on eye out for that girl. Maybe we'll run into each other one day..   

"There isn't any point in staying." I told West yesterday. He's my best friend. I feel like a total b!atch for leaving him behind.. but it's not like i could bring him with me. He would never make it out of this place alive and even if he did they would just make him into a puppet of theirs because of him being able to read other's thoughts. I would never want that for him. Sorry man. 

One Year and Eleven Months 

Finally i'm here. Hellfire Academy. I used to go here when i was a lot younger, but my moron parents changed their minds about the life i wanted to live. So we moved to Chicago near our family. What the didn't realize was is that you can take the girl out of Hellfire but you can never take the Hellfire out of the girl. I had so many wonderful memories here. Sadly my my fairy wings didn't grow until after i left, but it was fun becoming skilled in other fae things at the time.   

One year and Three months 

Wow. I never thought how much i would easily feel at home here.  There are others here like me. Yet.. at the same time it is like they are completely different people. Some are these spoiled rich kids that have had their nannies practically raise them while their parents were either concerned with politics or getting wasted. There are some students who i see that have potential to become powerful people. The thing though.. they don't know what will be coming to them. I'll be the one to rise to the top here.  

Besides that i've been keeping tabs on the news recently since there isn't much to do here besides learn and train, and i guess talk to some of the lame students, but i would get way too bored with that crap. So with the news and everything i've learned that Blair became a superhero. Lucky her i guess. She's leading her own team, and sadly for her their co leader named GlowMoon or something magical like that was killed. I guess she can never get away from death.. It just brings everyone down around her like ashes falling from a gloomy sky. 

One Year 

Won't get into too much detail about why and for what really but i was sent to Colorado for some type of Final Exam. Here is the funny part. So while i was there i found Blair's phone number called her just to see what was up and BAM a Zombie Apocalypse appears in the town i was in. Like WHAT THE HELL. I can't get a damn break these days with out nearly dying. So with Blair being all super heroic she appears and before finding me she meets up with this pale chick named Risky. Who happens to also be her Aunt. Crazy as hell how that happened. Long story short now i had to hide the fact that i had any powers in front of Blair.. which sucked so bad, while completely my final exam, and killing zombies. What the hell is my life turning into? For Real? 

Now 

I'm a graduate of Hellfire Academy now. About time. I don't think i could have handled another moment with the newer students this year.. God were they annoying. I don't care though. Like i said before i'm going to rise to the top, and i did. I got a letter inviting me. I'm now the Red Bishop of the Hellfire Club. I knew leaving my past behind me was worth it.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By Final Arrow

“What happens in a world where the powerful are those with extraordinary powers? What happens to the mortal men and women when they walk with gods?” Andrew Tudor the recently appointed President of the , stood in front of a wall of flashing camera’s as he spoke. This was his first national address since coming to term, the country loved him and the press hung on his every word. “We strive to become more, we should not cower in fear before these so called monsters, and is a prime example of what is to come if we continue to hide from them….” His black suit hid behind the oak pedestal, his hands moving in a positive and approach manner.  “Are we as people ready to step into the light and out of the shadows.. Of course we are. But , we are not ready as a nation!! For too long we have spread ourselves too thin, I stand here before you, on this day to not just explain how I am going to drag this nation from the depths it has fallen to, but how WE as a nation as ONE unified mind set are going to show the world what it is to be American.”

Some people in the press room began to clap and others continued to write furiously, this press conference was getting broadcast live all over the world. The President, ran a hand over his short blonde hair, his tender blue eyes looking out around the room. “Shall we begin with the questions?” he said with a smile, the presses hands shot up and one women sitting at the back gave a gentle head nod. “I believe we have a question from the web, I will take that first, seeing as how it was the people that elected me, I think it is only fair that the public also get a voice within this room.” The women smiled and cleared her throat before speaking, her black pin stripped dress stopped just above the knees, with a blue shirt, with the top two buttons undone. “ we have a question from Lousie Johnson, she asks what are we going to do about the men based in ?”

Andrew nodded his head, “I thought this may be one of the first questions asked and I just want to say to Lousie that, the boys over seas are doing a brilliant job in the most hostile of places. The original pull out date was meant to be 2014, to allow the country to be reintegrated over to the proper officials. This has now changed; I need to stress how important the American Services is to this country becoming what it once was, So you should see the them coming back over the next few months.” The room gave out a resounding gasp, “By the end of this year, there will be no American troops based outside of the country. I know this may seem shocking to take in but before the questions continue let me explain.” The room was still in a chatter as he lifted his hand for silence. He let out a sigh as the room finally fell silent and he looked straight down the camera,

“Let me start by asking you a simple question, 15 million children live below the poverty line, which country do you think this fact comes from?” the room looked around at each other, they knew the answer, but they would never say it allowed “Then let me answer for you…America. Okay so let me pick a smaller number this time, 45 thousand people die each year, that’s one every 12 minutes because they do not have good enough health insurance. What country do you think this is in.” Again the room was silent  “”   the president actually looked sadden by the words coming out of his own mouth. “I could continue, but I wont.”

Andrew Tudor stepped out from behind the pedestal “Now I will be making some drastic changes, use to be a world where people dreamed of, a world where anything could happen. But let me tell you under the glitz and glimmer we are struggling. So I am going to make two things very clear, right now. In order to make the changes needed, I am going to have to cut back on a great many things, that is the first thing I wanted to make clear, the second thing is very simple, I am here to make a better standard of living, your taxes will not increase.” The hands where waving in the air, he pointed at a young reporter from the post “ Where do you intend to make these cut backs, the military?” It was a fair question after what had just been said “No, I will not lay off any of the men that return from active duty or serve are country. The biggest cut will be to foreign aid . We must start to build are bridges at home before we can even think of helping others.”

“the men who return, will be put to work within their community, helping rebuild schools and primarily teaching a new generation. We need to be secure in the knowledge that we are safe on are own soil and as such these men and women will be helping are communities grow. We will also be supplying training to our countries police force. After the Skrull invasion and we have a great need to be prepared for foreign and domestic attacks on the country. I myself and my staff have taken a thirty percent pay decrease for while we are in office. My main goal is to allow Americans to live the American Dream. I have already cut back on numerous out goings we could no longer afford. Brining back the troops will also drastically cut back on the countries expenses. It may be costly to start with but the pay out and the fundamentals that it will give the country will only strengthen us.”

Many more hands continued to shoot up “please, I will be realizing all of my changes in the next fortnight, this is the beginning America, by the end of this year, I will grantee that you will all be at a better standard of living, that we will once again be the country people dream us to be. Never forget that you are an American and that is something to be DAMN proud of.” With that he turned from the camera and began walking away. The tides of change where coming, and would be ready, now it was time to face the UN! His spell had already began to weave it’self into the people all over the . Before long it would consume the world, congress would not vote against him, they never knew why they never argued with his views, they never remembered what they had just read; they just knew they had to vote in his favor. After all who could say no to the lord of mischief.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Sojourn_

Slight got comfortable. Making sure the chair was reclined to just the right angle, the kettle corn was popping away as he adjusted the channel accordingly to the "President's" speech tonight. It was beginning in a few minutes and he wanted to have everything right, prepped and ready for the laughs that would ensue. Glancing over at the clock, he quickly darted over to the microwave and pulled the steaming sweet and salty snack out. Sitting down he grabbed the remote and flicked the channel one more, and there he was, standing royally behind the Presidential Podium. It was a little known fact that the five American flags that stood rather statuesque behind him were propped accordingly with wire hangers to make them look fuller in body, instead of droopy. "Crunch." Slight chomped down on the popcorn, and Arrow began. 

The man the free world knew as President Andrew Tudor was in all actuality one of the most prolific desecration ever known. Slight, had gotten to know him, shallowly at best, but they were more than acquaintances now. He knew what Arrow was capable of, he knew what those he called family was capable of, and yet, here he was toying with humanity. That's the true beauty of his ways, choosing to focus his magic down upon the very things that he could easily wipe away. Avery could relate. He had power like Arrows and had never tapped into it's full vastness...It was almost the same, and it was almost a shame, to know that there were beings that walked among the masses, that could change their worlds so fast and magnificently.  

He listened more intently, trying not to laugh at the ridiculous mockery Andrew Tudor was making of such an esteemed position of power. Arrow knew that the press ate of his words like pigs at a troth. It didn't matter one bit that pretty much all of what he was saying was useless fodder, having no real value to it; and what little he did give detail on was wrong. Slight knew this, but it didn't matter. He was above the law, always had been. Humanity, specifically America's view of morality, although vastly changed from it's birth, had always been bound by the known. The ones that dared to go into the unknown were scorned and ostracized for being different. In the extreme limits of society were the people with the true power, untapped and unused. For what was it that they had to loose, love, friends, families? None of that mattered to the "lone wolf" before it was the anger and hatred for the status quo that drove them to the things they did. Slight was part of that counter culture now, and listening to Arrow speak his drivel, it was all too apparent....Slight was more alone than ever... 

Even with the title as a Silver king, he felt as if, and with cause knew that his opinion was worthless beyond what he was truly here for. His knowledge of the destiny plans the Hellfire club had was why they even allowed him to stay around. Honestly, he'd done nothing to earn his spot here, and had done everything to earn his head on a platter. As he continued to watch, he ate the last bit of his popcorn, and finally Mr. President was done. As enjoyable as it was, the lingering feeling was one of solitude. The speech was a victory on the side of unity, and Slight had put himself in the position of solitary confinement...And as bad as it felt on the outside, something was growing. That feeling you get when you know everything that has ever been will change for you...it was the feeling of Godhood, but more, the orchestrator of existence...That power lay in the hands of a few kings and queens. 

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The nationally televised Presidential address was nothing if not theatrical. America was riding high on a wave of euphoria brought forth by their newly elected President, Andrew Tudor. A young up and coming politician who had captivated a nation with his brash bravado and charismatic reverence anchored by his Kennedy esq jawline and New Englander swagger. With an almost hypnotic ocean tinted gaze and accent riddled voice, his speeches delved into the core of his audiences soul giving them a renewed sense of American pride as well as hope for revitalized future that would see many of the World prolonging questions finally answered. But beneath the cookie cutter image of a perfectly personified politician lied the demonic demeanor of the World's greatest puppeteer, Final Arrow. The Black King of the Hellfire Club and methodically dangerous fallen angel known for his masterfully enigmatic schemes and unbridled power.

Across the ocean in Milan Italy comfortably watching the televised address from the privacy of his illustriously decorated French decor themed bedroom, Jean Luc LeBeau remained transfixed with admiration as Andrew played to the crowed with effortless ease. Conducting his own orchestra of operatic proportions as he promised them the World, and could deliver. As he continued to watch and listen the lotion saturated hands of his assistant and newly appointed curator of the HFC, Isabella, seductively rubbed his chest and shoulders gently tracing over many of the lasting battle scars unceremoniously spread across the Cajun's war torn body. Her attention suddenly captivated in much the same manner, "Oh mio, he' s abbastanza no incantante" (Oh my, he's quite the charmer no?) Her Italian ladled accent bringing a mischievous smirk to the King of Kings' face. "Yes indeed, almost to charming mademoiselle." His muscles freshly massaged the Living Legend slipped into an all white cotton button down while Isabelle fastened his silver HFC cufflinks before straitening his collar, "Merci"

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Mercy_

Sitting up from her spot on the doctor’s table, Cassidy reached for her clothes, gently pulling them on. Nearly four months along in her pregnancy, she was having regularly scheduled OB/GYN appointments. The world’s leading experts in mutant genetics and had been flown in to maintain a semi-permanent residence throughout the pregnancy, no expense was being spared, no risks being taken. Cassidy was used to putting herself on the line, to taking enormous risks with her health and well-being, but this wasn't just about her anymore. It was now all about the two babies growing inside of her, there was nothing more imperative than their health and well-being.

She swung her legs around to the side of the table, looking the doctor in the eyes. "What's the prognosis, what the hell is going on with me?"

"Ms. Starks, I've never seen anything the likes of what's happening with you. You're of very small stature and you're carrying twins, that alone would take a toll on somebody, but it doesn't explain the ultrasound readings and oddly enough, the energy output." Dr. Sanders was a fifty-something woman and a medical genius. She was top of her field in gynecology and the world's leading expert on mutant genetics. It was disheartening and nerve wracking to say the least as Cass was met with answers that only served to provide her with more questions.

She narrowed her eyes, her wrinkled nose displaying some of her confusion. "What do you mean energy output? They're fetuses, how is there an energy output?"

"I'm not entirely sure, but what you have to understand Cassidy is that your pregnancy is entirely unprecedented. The children that you carry within you are mutant-Kryptonian-demi god hybrids. That's a one of a kind pregnancy, nothing of the likes has ever occurred before to anybody's knowledge. Nobody is sure how long your gestation period is going to be, although judging by your ultrasound, you're progressing normally and I'd put my money on the ten months. Nobody is entirely sure of any complications that you may have. Nobody is sure of anything. All we can do at this point in time is posit educated guesses and take every precaution available to us. We're playing this by ear, but rest assured with the fact that you are in the best of hands."

"I can't rest assured with anything, Dr. Sanders. I'm scared, I'm tired, I'm angry. My emotions are all over the place due to these hormones and circumstances. I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm scared out of my freaking mind."

The doctor looked her over closely and stepped forward. Gently sliding two fingers underneath the russet brown locks of her patient, she began taking her pulse. "You're blood pressure is a little low and you seem a bit listless. Have you been sleeping well or at all?"

"I've been getting nine hours a night and I'm still exhausted. I'm so tired sometimes I can barely function." She yawns as she says the words, further making her own point.

"Are you in pain at all? Any throbbing or sharp stabs of pain anywhere, specifically your abdomen?"

"Sharp stabs in the abdomen occasionally. I nearly blacked out from it once. I'm accustomed to pain, Dr. Sanders, but there was something about this that threw me for a loop."

The doctors brow furrowed as she made a note in the tablet she held that contained all of Cassidy Starks' medical records. Quickly skimming threw them, her photographic memory taking everything in she looked up from the tablet and back to Cass. "I want you to take things very slow, very carefully. I know you're used to throwing caution to the wind. That's no longer an option. You have my cell number, I want you to call me if you experience the pangs again or if they grow any worse. We're not taking any risks with these babies and we're not taking any risks with their mother. We're done for now, but I want you back in here tomorrow. We'll be doing daily checkups until I'm convinced that you're passed the stage where we need to be this vigilant about your health."

Sliding down off the table, Cassidy leaned down to pick up her purse from it's perch on the chair. "One last thing, Dr. Sanders. Doctor-patient confidentiality holds tighter with me than any patient you've ever had. I trust that everything said in this room stays in this room, yes? There are people who would use this against me given half a chance and I can't afford to appear weak right now. I'm in the middle of moving forward with Starks Enterprises and I already have the press dogging my heels. On top of that, I have plenty of enemies far more dangerous than business sharks and desperate paparazzi. Nobody is privy to any of this, not even Jean...maybe especially Jean. He doesn't need to know how bad things are, he has more important things to worry about. Are we understood?"

"Of course, Ms. Starks. The patient's health comes first and if that's what you wish, that's what we'll do. I want to see you in here at 2 PM tomorrow afternoon for a follow up."

Urban_Spaceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Urban_Spaceman

3 Months Earlier - Sao Paulo, Brazil

"And so dat is dee deal," The King of Kings accented voice echoed slightly across the massive room, bouncing off the stone walls of the underground laboratory that was lined with wiring, equipment and numerous large and menacing devices. Gambler was sitting quite comfortably in a lavish ivory chair , his features failing to give Winston a sign of his urgency in the proceedings. Winston Sharpe sat across a waxed black table from him, hunched over in a hammock tied between two stone columns, his hands twitching slightly. He was unsure of the situation though the deal presented to him was too good to pass up. 

"I agree on the funding and the items you've promised, but finding the genetic material necessary might take longer than that. We already have plenty of specimens but for this we'll need more."  Winston relented with a sigh he let his fingers slip through the holes of his hammock, grasping it lightly. 

"I've already thought of dat," Gambler replied with a slight wave of his hand before producing a small notebook from his jacket pocket which he proceeded to slide across the table, "Dee locations of twenty five known superhumans who have retired from vigilantism and should pose no problem for a professional like yourself." 

Grabbing the booklet, Winston quickly flicked through it, taking in names, information, statistics and addresses. Setting it back down, Winston smirked and rose to his feet, letting the hammock swing behind him, "Then we have a deal, I'd be more than happy to join your organisation and work on these projects will begin immediately." With that Winston outstretched a hand as he forced himself to undergo full body mitosis numerous times in an instant, causing ten exact duplicates to tear from his body and rush to the machinery around the room, recalibrating various items for the work they were about to be put through. 

Watching the duplicates run about, Gambler smiled as he got to his feet and grasped Winstons hand, "Excellent, I expect weekly updates and your presence whenever required, you know where to find me."  

Present - Bran, Romania

"Wah wah f***ing wah!" Winston shouted at the bloodied man hanging overhead before recomposing himself. Bruised and broken, Iancu of Romania's Super Barbati was wrapped in organic strands that stretched down from a blob of muscle attached to the ceiling. "Incase you haven't noticed by now I don't give a flying f**k about your sob stories man, and with my whole cloning power I actually do have a lifetime to spare to make you suffer so I suggest you shut the hell up." Winston said matter-of-factly as he paced before his captive. 

There was finally silence in the cobblestone basement, the pause from his struggling giving Iancu time to study his surroundings. It could have been easily mistaken a castle dungeon were it not for lights and numerous pieces of technologically advanced machinery. Glancing down, the middle aged man stared briefly at the container below. It was filled with a blue gel and lined with wires in a manner identical to several others that lay about the room, although they contained people who writhed with pained eyes. "What are you doing to us?" Iancu managed to mutter, blood dribbling from his lips as he did so. 

"Ugh," Winston sighed, clutching the bridge of his nose, wishing he was the duplicate in Milan before groaning under his breath, "What did I just say, no goddamn talking, I will pop your eyes with tweezers and force you to drink both the humors you stupid old motherf******g piece of-" A Winston duplicate interrupted as he appeared from behind the machine, giving a thumbs up. "Oh it seems we're ready now," Winston said with a hint of joy as he clapped his hands together. 

Iancu felt the organic strands lengthen, lowering him into the cannister below. The blue gel was ice cold and caused him to cringe as he was slowly submerged into it. Holding his breath he was forced completely under it and began to wonder whether he was to drown in the gunk before the muscular chains holding him in place split, shooting out smaller whip-like appendages that grabbed a rebreather embedded in the side of the cannister and forced it upon his mouth. Numerous meaty strings shot out, grabbing the needle sharp pumps from about the cannister and jamming them into a multitude of Iancu's arteries and veins. The white tubes that now connected into the superhuman turned a deep hue of red as they began to steadily drain his blood. 

"Don't worry my communist friend, you will be kept alive," Winston grinned as he pressed himself against the glass of the container, "You might wish you weren't but you will be for weeks, months maybe even years, just like for your friend. Don't worry though, it's all for the greater good, we're bringing about a new age, a new order, in fact, its already started. You should feel honoured."