• 68 results
Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#1 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Perhaps it was inevitable. The collapse of civilization, the downfall of even the greatest of empires. Even the heroes were helpless to stop it, against so many, who looked like their friends and family. The world is less than a husk now, with perhaps one million survivors scattered around the world. The rest are not quite alive, and not quite dead. But they hunger.

Gothic City got the worst of it, not that that surprised anyone. A city so crime-ridden that the dead couldn't bear to stay that way, not when there was still more to take. It was ground zero, and is still full of hordes, as well as pockets of sirvivrs, holed up on the tops floors of buildings and in reinforced cars. A tactical warhead sits in the city center, guarded by hundreds of walkers. The military failed in containing the infection, and their weapon still sits there, making an already volatile situation even worse.

Welcome to hell.

Gothic City, three months after the zombie outbreak.

They still feed. They still hunger, that's basically the point of their existence. But one day--someone or something gathered together some of the toughest people of Gothic City, some of the last survivors of the apocalypse. And put them all in one place, his words were "As you all can see, the zombie invasion is only getting worse, it's only a matter of time before this whole place be full of walking deads. I need your help. Gothic needs your help.

So, what will it be? You guys have like two options: 1. Stick together, try to end this and save what's left of Gothic City. Or 2. Be a lone wolf. Meet up is in a warehouse of a bunker. It's your choice; choose wisely.

Standard rules apply.

This is non-canon.

Everyone is within Gothic.

Have fun.

OOC: I'd like to give credit to @Orpheus_Knightfall: for helping me out and writing a portion of the OP.

#3 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be involved.

Avatar image for hadrian_knightfall
#4 Posted by Hadrian_Knightfall (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too, duh.

#5 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

When's the IC going up? Or is THIS the IC and OOC in one?

#6 Posted by Laughingstock (1572 posts) - - Show Bio

Hecks yes

#7 Posted by Arquitenens (12005 posts) - - Show Bio

Everdeen! You did something! Even if it's non-canon, you did something!

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
#8 Posted by Purple_D_Dragon (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the hell no? I am in

#9 Edited by TzHaar (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be joining with TzHaar, and maybe Wheatley just for fun posts.

#10 Posted by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really have anything else to do. Sounds like fun. Count me in.

#12 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

Everdeen! You did something! Even if it's non-canon, you did something!

Merci beaucoup! If I would've known people were waiting on me to do something, I'd have done more earlier. :P

@lichter said:

When's the IC going up? Or is THIS the IC and OOC in one?

Both in one.

:OOOOOO

My apprentice, he has made something.

Hehe. *bows*

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
#14 Edited by Purple_D_Dragon (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_everdeen: Ok. thank you. :)

Do we need concept art for our characters?

#15 Posted by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here

Also do you need some character bagriund from all of us?

#16 Edited by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@flash1812: No problem. Oh pardon?

@purple_d_dragon said:

You're welcome.

Not really, but that's on people if they wanna add it or not. =)

#17 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@flash1812: Never mind. I get what you mean now.

And to answer your question, go for it. It's not really needed, but it makes things more fun, and I also wouldn't mind learning some things about peoples characters.

#18 Posted by Flash1812 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@flash1812: Not yet. I'm trying to see if more people would like to join. If not, then go ahead.

#20 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably throw a post together later today

#21 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to wait for @rey_everdeen to make the establishing post before I do anything. It's their RP, after all.

#22 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: You can start off if you want, it doesn't matter to me. :)

#23 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_everdeen: I think what I have in mind for my post will flow better when there's other people writing ;)

#24 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Oh, well... Apex and Flash shall start us off then. =)

#25 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Cool. I'm sure you'll kill it! I'm sure everybody will. :P

#27 Posted by Apex_ (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm easily distracted don't wait on me lol. I do plan to post but by all means if someone wants to go first go :P

#28 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_: Oh, I'll see if I can get a post up tomorrow then.

I really didn't wanna go first, but I'm an unaccomplished RPGer thus far. Sooooo, that means I have to prove myself. :p

#29 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

"Being a team player is not really me," Rey says. But it seems I don't have much of a choice. So my question to you guys is, who would like to form an alliance with me?

"That's okay if no one wants to," Rey says with a cocky look on his face. It's your loss, not mine. I do better working alone anyways, it's just that sometimes getting help from others can be useful.

(Lackluster way to start things off, I know but I need other's to post so I can unleash a really good one)

#30 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Bibpin sat on an old crate with a slight look of unease on their diminutive features, their thin lip curled into a frown while their pale brow appeared scrunched in contemplative thought covered by black wild bangs. Their blue eyes turned down at the ground as they observed the others in the building. The tiny being made a sound as if clearing it's throat mimicking how it believed a human would respond. "So... um..." it began to say before standing up making eye contact with any who would meet their gaze while their grey moth like wings began to flutter begging to hover lazily around the room between the others gathered there. "There aren't many of you are there..." it said in a squeaky disappointed voice. "You will be safer together..." they said glancing at the man who spoke.

Avatar image for jean_knightfall
#31 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: @rey_everdeen:

No Caption Provided

Jean Knightfall approached the meeting place. Her current living accommodations were adequate, but she did lack one thing. Other people. It was hard to infect her, with copious layers of clothing and magic shielding, so she wasn't worried about surviving, but if she could find some other people to help, or at least meet, it would probably be conducive to her mental health.

"Hey... everyone here is clean, right? And are we planning to stay that ay, because it won't be long until someone notices this many people..."

#32 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall:

Bibpins eyes widened their entire body shivering as they felt theirself drawing energy from a new, powerful, magical presence as a woman approached, looking over at her a soft coo resonating from their entire being. Bibpin swiftly flew over to her circling her several times observing every part of her before attempting to sit on her shoulder. "Hello! Who are you?! I'm Bibpin! It's so nice to meet you! Can I get you anything?!" Bibpin spoke bubbly with childlike glee.

#33 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: He seems happy, for then whole 'zombies everywhere' thing... probably a good quality.

"Hey. I'm Jean. Nice to meet you, too. I'm fine, unless yu can kill all the zombies, but one assumes that you would have already done it if you could."

#34 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall:

Bibpins smile faded a bit hearing the woman, Jean apparently, speak knowing they couldn't accomplish the request. "No... I couldn't... but I can still help... do... things..." the tiny fairy said drooping slightly as they sat on the womans shoulder.

#35 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: "Aww, I'm sorry. Let's go talk to these other guys."

#36 Posted by Bibpin (42 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall: @bibpin: "Heh, it seems some of you guys are more friendly than expected," Rey says.Does this mean you two wanna form a team, or?

#38 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_everdeen: "I don't see a problem with it... should probably have done this a long time ago."

#39 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall: "Cool, it feels good to be on the same page." I look forward to fighting alongside you.

#40 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_everdeen: "Sounds good. If we're going to be working together, we need more food than I have stockpiled, so... ready to go out?"

#41 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@rey_everdeen: "Actually, maybe we should wait for someone else to show up, in case they got your message."

#43 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3745 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@bibpin: @jean_knightfall: @rey_everdeen:

Gothic City

On the youth's wrist, a small metal device beeped, leading him closer to his destination within the city. At first, he'd considered teleporting directly to the site (he was quite hungry), but he'd resolved to do a little cleaning up first. He still wore his unbroken synth-fluid magenta vest, mask covering his face; precautions must always be taken. It was his distinguishing trait, his meticulousness, that had allowed his life to go on.

He marched through the city, lens-covered eyes darting back and forth, taking in the carnage that surrounded him. Bloodstained sidewalks and broken windows were a constant throughout the destroyed streets, but in all honesty, the city didn't look much different than it had before. Once the infection tore through the criminal metropolis, the only real difference had been the sudden lack of activity...unless one counted the activity of the unliving.

He heard them shuffling about, clambering over cars and crawling up through drainpipes. Some fell out of ten-story windows, only to get up and shamble towards him. He could smell them acutely, the rotting corpses of former allies and enemies alike; they were adorned in the ripped, bloody clothes they'd been wearing since day one of the apocalypse. He snorted derisively. The undead had no sense of style.

They walked alongside him, curiously sniffing at the boy who continued to live. His science had saved him from their same fate, his uncanny mixtures and potions still coursing through his now-viscous blood. It'd been worth it, though, to retain his intelligence, his soul, his life. Nevertheless, the smell of the undead disturbed him greatly. Flicking out his Death Ray, he set the output to high, pulling the trigger and watching with glee as the entire horde of undead in the street before him were simply vaporized. Those in the center of the beam's path were obliterated, and those on the outside were dismantled by the sheer kinetic force of his attack. Limbs and scraps of flaming clothing were left in his wake, as he relentlessly marched towards the signal he'd picked up a day before.

Cracking his neck, he looked around to see where he'd come. It'd been a long time since he'd slept last, and the hunger was gnawing at his stomach; his stockpile of normal food had become inedible in recent days. Blinking rapidly at the lights ahead, he squinted, coming to a large bulkhead. Slowly, he scanned the building with one of his devices from before the end, picking up three separate life signatures. One was notably smaller than the others, which intrigued him greatly (as always), but his current thoughts revolved around food. A broken smile crept up his face, which had been damaged in the first wave; he'd yet to enact repairs on his front teeth, which had been chipped in a fall from a great height. He could practically smell the survivors inside. He looked down, ensuring that his Octarine Oscillator was still operational. The smile grew.

Raising his weapon, he fired into the front wall, blasting it apart with crimson rays that packed kinetic forces approaching condensed megatons. He sprinted through the opening, limbs pumping, as he targeted the first person he saw, a young woman wearing a great deal of cloth (@jean_knightfall). Cracking his neck, he leaped across the room with strength that defied science, practically soaring towards the survivor with a flying tackle. The Octarine veil pulsated around him, protecting him from any degree of mystic or psionic attack. Unlike his fellow infected, however, Lichter the Undying let loose a bloodcurdling cry of joy as he attempted to bite the face off of his target:

"Hallo, Fräulein!"

No Caption Provided

#45 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: Oh hot damn!

"We have incoming," Jean said calmly. The ravening hordes had never been much of a problem to her and her massed antimatter blasts. She raised an arm and summoned a bolt of arcane energy, which... "Oh, that's not good." Wait, so he's magic-proof? Anti-magic? Whatever. Just gotta get out of it's range... She ransacked her memory for any non-magic things that might work here. No, no, no, come on! Talk about crippling overspecialization. Wait. That might... She reached out behind her, as if grasping for something out of her line of sight. She found the 'zipper,' and pulled the tiny dimension open, grabbing a blade as it flew into her hand. "Have at you!" She leapt forward, though no entirely unprotected. Only her face was exposed, and even if he could pierce her shields, she still had the mask...

#46 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall:

"Frischfleisch!" he yelled, colliding with the girl in mid-air. Klaus was typically a reserved, civilized man, but it'd been a few days since he'd last bitten a survivor. Perhaps more disturbing was how much of his intelligence he retained; despite his un-ignorable instincts driving him to attack and devour the group of survivors, he was entirely conscious of what he was doing the whole time. Truth be told, he'd gotten used to it.

He felt the blade she produced scrape at his ribs, the impact slightly poking through the nigh-impenetrable synth-fluid vest that he wore. The material physically could not tear, and thus, it didn't rip through what remained of his skin; moreover, like all infected, Lichter the Undying did not feet pain. He practically ignored the blade, grasping at the woman's face with strength greater than that he had before his self-induced infection. The "zombies" had limitless stamina, and did not tire; their grips were virtually unbreakable, and strong enough to rend flesh. Klaus' grasp was no different.

#47 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter: "Shitshitshitshitshit!" Jean struggled for a second in his decomposing grasp, before realizing that there was a much easier way out.

Jean teleported back int the room seconds later, grasping a large rifle she had taken from her father's house. Orpheus hadn't noticed her, seeming caught up in his work. He didn't need the gun anyways. Jean hefted it, the memories from her childhood guiding her motions to fire repeatedly, trying to halve him at the waist with hot lead.

#48 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall:

For a moment, he had her, but then, she was gone. He fell to the ground, losing the balance Jean's body had afforded him, and frustration gripped him for but a moment. Violently pounding the floor with a yellow-gloved hand, he turned to face the others, baring his protruding, grotesque jaws in a low growl. But a second later, however, he was distracted by the girl's return, this time with a large weapon. The muzzle flashed and the Undead Delver was tossed backwards, a stream of metal ripping into his stomach. Once more, his synth-fluid vest protected him, preventing the bullets from tearing through him; whereas the living Klaus von Lichter would be severely injured by the massive impact on his form, the dead one felt nothing.

"Ach-hh-h...ha. Ha, heh, ha. What're you going...to accomplish...staying weak?" he asked, narrowing his dead white eyes. He hoped the shock of his being able to speak would be enough to stop their fighting for a moment while he recovered, his bones already being set back into place. "I am the f-future," he said, jaw hanging open slightly. "I do not feel pain. I survive without sustenance. I don't require sleep. I cannot be killed," he said, laughing. Flecks of spittle accompanied his fit of chuckles. "Give in."

#49 Posted by Jean_Knightfall (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@lichter:

"I'm sure, headsockman. But only after I'm dead. And that's not going to be today. Cube." If the spell took, a six-foot box would form around Klaus, trapping him until he starved and died-- again.

"That takes care of that weird fetish-zombie."

#50 Posted by Lichter (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@jean_knightfall:

Klaus himself was protected from magic, but that wouldn't stop the glowing cube from appearing around his body. Squinting at the glowing energy, he growled, standing up slowly. Clenching and unclenching his fists, he regarded the woman with calmness more befitting a living creature than a dead, ravenous one. Slowly, he unsheathed the dagger, fumbling with it slightly before gripping it tightly with his right hand. His undead state had led to a minute loss of his fine motor skills, but it'd done wonders for his strength and endurance. Through practice, he found he was still able to use the dagger's teleportational functions...

Clicking the handle, he vanished from where he stood with neither sound nor flash of light, reappearing instantaneously behind Jean Knightfall. Less than an inch between the two, he attempted to wrap his purple-gloved arm around her neck, the Octarine Veil fizzling and sparking when it came into contact with her magic shields. Functioning on the same principle as a sticking a soap-covered-needle through a bubble without popping it, the Delver could grasp at Knightfall with a grip that could easily splinter wood, seeking to drive his teeth through her jugular.