"There are planets that exist only as residue in the universe."
|An Unsolvable Anomaly|
Ynerax never understood the concept of life as other planets did. It existed outside the temporal fabric of many stars and star systems, left adrift by the cataclysm of some great creation event left untold. Its bitter harberings of loneliness perhaps gave it the first necessary steps to create life for itself, as many perceive Ynerax as its own organism.
Yet these could merely be the ramblings of old pirates and smugglers traveling the Outer Worlds.
To go to Ynerax is to search for something, to have a dream visit someone in the night and haunt them until the day they either make the dread pilgrimage or step headlong into a grave. It is to know ultimate desire, and ultimate apprehension.
Its species are long dead. Creatures with incomprehensible anatomies, evolved for the long orbit around a central dead star. Their many-limbed bodies constructed the first civilizations on Ynerax and their multifaceted minds were cognisant of the final disaster that claimed their last. It is a secret they took to their unmarked tombs.
|The Coming of a Champion|
Ynerax suffered in loneliness and contempt for eons after its only species disappeared without a trace. Its silent cries for companionship were answered in a most peculiar way, however.
A hero of Earth came, carrying a curious golden jewel. With it, the being could speak and communicate freely with Ynerax. This hero also found it compatible with re-establishing contact with the species it so sorely missed. Its counterparts were not dead, merely forced into extended hibernation - wherein even their minds were locked away, except to the power of the stone the hero commanded.
He alone kept them both safe and allowed Ynerax to achieve contact once more, so that it would not be lonely. That hero called himself 'Champion'.
Ynerax only ever referred to him as 'friend'.
|Geology of the Void|
Ynerax has similar dimensions to the planet known as Earth, except it is 77% solid ground with the remaining 23% of its land mass dedicated to frozen nitrogen gas at its polar caps. It is far away from its sun, receiving enough light to illuminate the surface for seventeen hours a day but never accumulating enough heat to breach freezing temperatures.
Its defining characteristics are several hundred city-sized temples dotting its surface. These belonged to the Ynerax species long ago, before something drove them underground and into their millennia-long slumber.
- CVnU rules